Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter.

This is such a inspiring song! Everything about it sits so well on the ears. Without any sense of hyperbole, this is first class listening all the way.

Peter, your guitar work is polished and professional. I've never heard you play resonator before. I love the sound of your playing. It's not as overpowering as the Realtrack resonator guitars sometimes are. You've got the knack!

Bud... it's two enthusiastic thumbs up for the mixing. I notice that you used CLA plugins, Ozone 9 and Nectar 3. These are my go-to tools these days, too. Mixing and producing still challenge me. These plugins help keep the blood pressure down. Most important, though, they work a treat.

And Janice... your vocals are truly a joy for the ears. I love all the fill-ins and the harmonies. I don't know how you do it. When I listen, it sounds so easy. But when I try to do this sort of thing, my brain goes haywire. While I can write harmony, I cannot sing it easily at all. As I listened to your vocals on this, there are many lessons for me to learn. I'll definitely be going back for some ideas.

All the best to everyone,
Noel

Noel Thanks for the comments on the guitar and for a wonderful overall review.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Classic and classy. A very fine "complaining" lyric that feels universal delivered with that now classic Janice world-weary slip-slide and harmonies. The guitar was exceptionally good. Those turn-arounds had that sweet "fresh, yet inevitable" musicality that feels like home and landed just right to allow the verses to come again. All in a sonically pleasing package of goodness.

Thanks for noting the guitar. It's always a privilege to play on these tracks.
Peter

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Janice, Bud and Peter ...

Love these minor key, classic Blues. And this one just pops. Great lyric ... the very first line promised a great listen. So, who has a better voice than Janice? Very few, that's who. And Peter gets more from six strings and ten fingers than most of us who have picked up a guitar in earnest. Great fretwork! And the mix? Never as disappointment and always a smile with Bud twisting the knobs.

I absolutely loved the walk-down between verses ... stunning in creation and execution.

I also loved the backing vocals Janice did - in places, almost a vocal commentary to the story.

Excellent x big numbers! Take care, folks ...

Alan

You are too kind Alan.
Thanks Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I love the blues and you three have mastered the genre.
Janice sings so well
Peter is an outstanding profession guitarist.
Bub is the perfect producer and mastering engineer.

You are every bit as good as those on Alligator's Blues roster and the songs on blues radio.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Janice, Bud and Peter ...

Love these minor key, classic Blues. And this one just pops. Great lyric ... the very first line promised a great listen. So, who has a better voice than Janice? Very few, that's who. And Peter gets more from six strings and ten fingers than most of us who have picked up a guitar in earnest. Great fretwork! And the mix? Never as disappointment and always a smile with Bud twisting the knobs.

I absolutely loved the walk-down between verses ... stunning in creation and execution.

I also loved the backing vocals Janice did - in places, almost a vocal commentary to the story.

Excellent x big numbers! Take care, folks ...

Alan

Al, you are way too generous with your kind words ... but we’ll take it! smile

Thanks,

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really good production. Vocals and lead guitar during break are great. Lyrics are the big attraction on this one. Well written tune. Another good one gang!

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ah, some of my favorite humans have once again joined forces and produced a masterpiece. A wonderful blues piece to shuffle along to, your songs always make me wanna play along. Flawless execution and the perfect mix.

Thanks. Shuffling is always good!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud, Peter...

Damn Good Music.

What more needs sayin'?

An excellent Blues write. Start to finish...
"So many problems, oh, I need a little distance
Been running ‘bout a quart low on patience
Gonna try that ole path of least resistance"
Nice!!

Perfect BAND (As always).
Great mix (As always).
Killer Vocal (As always).

Peter's guitar and dobro - excellent.

This one sounds like a classic. Right off the bat.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the turnaround intro to the song. Loved Peters guitar work on the song. Dobro was excellent and his solo was superb. Awesome vocal and call back harmonies Janice. Excellent production on the song. Well done.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ooh yeah. That's the way to make my eardrums purr. Love it completely - this kinda of blues just hits the spot. Janice's voice, Peter's guitar ... Bud's production skills ... that's how it's done. Janice sounds at her absolute best here ... more, please! And Peter is just heaven - whereas Bud is a little more laid back, but it wouldn't be the same end product without him. That's the way, folks ... you please carry on, I'm just going to stretch and lie down somewhere round here, so I can hear more of your superb tracks. Thank you :-)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter.

This is such a inspiring song! Everything about it sits so well on the ears. Without any sense of hyperbole, this is first class listening all the way.

Peter, your guitar work is polished and professional. I've never heard you play resonator before. I love the sound of your playing. It's not as overpowering as the Realtrack resonator guitars sometimes are. You've got the knack!

Bud... it's two enthusiastic thumbs up for the mixing. I notice that you used CLA plugins, Ozone 9 and Nectar 3. These are my go-to tools these days, too. Mixing and producing still challenge me. These plugins help keep the blood pressure down. Most important, though, they work a treat.

And Janice... your vocals are truly a joy for the ears. I love all the fill-ins and the harmonies. I don't know how you do it. When I listen, it sounds so easy. But when I try to do this sort of thing, my brain goes haywire. While I can write harmony, I cannot sing it easily at all. As I listened to your vocals on this, there are many lessons for me to learn. I'll definitely be going back for some ideas.

All the best to everyone,
Noel

Thanks for all you said. And yes those plug-ins are great. Often they make me me feel as though I’m cheating.

I (Bud) remain mystified by Janice’s harmony. It comes to her very quickly and like the lead is most often a single take. She hears it at the same time she’s singing lead — all in her head. And I’ve never used a pitch editor. It would likely explode when she starts her note bending. smile

We appreciate your support.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Team,
Such a nice swinging tune!
Glad I found a time to listen to it in quiet setting. Totally love it. Amazing drive! Melody, vocals, guitars, arrangement everything works so well. There is nothing I would take out, nor add. A refreshing blues tune. Bud, super clear and full mix! I am a big fan of your art & skill. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Wonderful stuff you 3.
Great guitar sits nice in the mix. Great balanced mix too.

Vic

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B,

I love the tempo/rhythm of this tune, it's perfect for the title and lyrics! Love that little descending turn around thing going on! Janice has just the right kind of voice for these songs and gives another flawless vocal for this! The guitar sounds Peter has on this are excellent as well as the playing, reminds me very much of some of the sounds John Fogerty used to get in the CCR years! Perfectly engineered and mastered as far as I'm concerned Bud! T

We much appreciate your supportive and thoughtful comments Torrey!

J&B

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 03/15/21 06:29 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B,

I love the tempo/rhythm of this tune, it's perfect for the title and lyrics! Love that little descending turn around thing going on! Janice has just the right kind of voice for these songs and gives another flawless vocal for this! The guitar sounds Peter has on this are excellent as well as the playing, reminds me very much of some of the sounds John Fogerty used to get in the CCR years! Perfectly engineered and mastered as far as I'm concerned Bud! T

Thanks for the comments on the guitar part Torrey. Bud did a great job mixing and mastering the track.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I thought I'd commented on this but have discovered I hadn't. Perhaps it was because I'd been listening via a fb link.
This has a really cool "live" vibe with the snare leading the saunter.
Peter's playing is perfect for the song. The descending riff is an excellent tag/hook too.
The vocals have the weary from walking edge to them that sells the song.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Top notch! Sultry vocal and Kick-butt guitar! All bedded in a wonderful mix.

Much Enjoyed!

Thanks Lawrence. We always appreciate your comments!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Janice and Bud.
I always listen in and enjoy your music and high quality mixing and mastering.
cheers
Gary.

Thanks for the spin ... glad you liked it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds great! You two are the blues masters!

smile

Hey, I have noticed a lot of people on the forum are singing the blues.

Is there something going on in the world that I missed?? Why isn't everywhere super happy?????? I really haven't been outside my room for an entire year or watched any news at all. My Internet has been down as well. Did something happen while I was gone??

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Janice, Bud and Peter:

Another total winner. Lyrics really make this one for me, but everything is just top notch, and that lead solo slays. Hard to add to the accolades above—just some steaming blues. Hot!

Keep up the great work!

My best to you all,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Man - I'm a day late and all the good words have been taken! wink

Love it all the way from the descending turnaround to the long fade on the piano at the end.

In my head, I'm visualizing a 1920's era cartoon, flickering in the screen as characters lope by with a double-bounce walk and rubber-hose animation.

Love the resonator!

Then again, picking any part out in particular means ignoring some other part.

So I'll just cheat and say it's all excellent.

And it's not really cheating if it's true, is it? laugh

We always get a kick outa the toons of that era! No it’s not cheating and we appreciate every word of it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
PB&J, The walk down turnaround is especially effective. I like that rest before the final note. The vocal is once again a master class in blues singing and the little call and response was inspired. The reso was perfect for the fills and the guitar solos were right on the money. Really good blues lyric and the mix is impeccable with everything in it’s own space and no crowding. It is obvious that you three are well versed in the blues, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Lyrics, production, vocals and guitar - in fact everything about this - absolutely first class. Great stuff. And a nice cover pic. Hope you watched your step on what looks like a slippery edge there, Janice.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon ... we are glad it all worked for you. And I could've used a couple of photos of us riding our mountain bikes on those same boulders Janice is on but that would likely confirm what many suspect ... that we are nuts!

Thanks again,

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195