Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
BlueAttitude team,
Wow, such a huge sound! Opened up my ears and brain in a matter of seconds smile
Wholesome tune! Dave, excellent guitar work. Strong vocals from both Chris and Marty.
Very cool piece of music. Thank you for sharing!

Misha

dcuny #647175 03/17/21 04:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Dave, what an outstanding intro, love that guitar!

Chris and Marty did a fantastic job on the vocals. Of course Marty's bass was spot on. The mix was also outstanding.
The lyrics were also great. Fantastic ending!

I liked everything about this one.

That intro bit came first, pretty much built the entire song around that wink

Thanks, Mario!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hi, Dave.

As others said, strong start with with a blazing guitar solo.

I haven't heard this sort of dramatic duet on this forum for a while, and it sounds great. smile

Awesome vocals, and guitar. Bass and drum in the pocket.

Fun listen! laugh

Hi David,

I think it was Chris' idea to do a duet, but it was Marty that arranged it. I think it turned out pretty good also wink

Thanks for the listen and comments!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds great Dave!

Love that guitar solo man!

smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Mix / Production
Well balanced mix
Instrumentation
The track suddenly sounds slightly empty in solo section at 1:58 – you may have taken too much out
Nice lead guitar sound - had me thinking of Gary Moore
Vocals
Not that keen on the unison lead, but maybe that’s just me. I prefer the alternate line verse.
I like the harmony sections though
What I really liked
Intro certainly grabs the attention – I like the repeat of the intro riff at the end. Nice touch.
What could be improved
Solo at 2:44 sounds too long to me
I’m hearing a lot of ‘lonely’ in the lyric!

Scott C #647308 03/17/21 11:43 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
That lead guitar playing is amazing. Tastefull economic use of notes really allows the music to breathe . Everything is working perfectly here and the chemistry of 3 fine musicians is an aural delight . Would love to hear Christiane really cut loose with a spirited , wild vocal (a-la Beth Hart) , but perhaps that is a selfish request.
Loved this , well done.
cheers
Gary.

Hi Gary,

We have done a few where Chris cuts loose on the vocal. Not quite like Beth Hart, but no one sings quite like that wink

Happy you liked this, thanks for stopping by!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow Dave very cool intro. Love the bite in the guitar tone. Awesome duet from Marty and Chris. The piano was excellent loved the rocking chords back and forth. Gave the song a really cool feel. Guitar solo took the song to a very cool place. Well done

Thanks, Scott, appreciate that!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very good vocals from Chris and Marty. Marty’s usual stellar bass playing and sound. Dave, I think this is without question some of your best work. The tone and feel is superb! To all in Blue Attitude, this is one of your top tracks. Bravo, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The team has delivered another classic. The opening bars suggested a fantastic production had commenced.

It didn't disappoint.

Congrats team. Really excellent.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Now that is a stadium filling sound!

The strong duet and very tasteful solos make for a most memorable rock ballad.

Not unexpectedly Marty nailed it all down with the excellent bass track.

One word: Anthemic!

Enjoyed the listens...

J&B

PS Great mix and I like the ReverbNation sound better...it made the SC version sound a bit compressed.

I agree about the sound between the two platforms.

With ReverbNation what you hear is what was uploaded, in this case a 320K MP3. It doesn't matter what you upload to SoundCloud, they run everything through their own compression algorithm. I read that to get the best possible sound from their algorithm you should upload a 24bit WAV, but I can't be bothered rendering out a WAV specifically for SoundCloud (we get hardly any listens over there) so I upload 16bit WAVs.

Thanks Janice and Bud!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave, Chris and Marty,

As I can recall this is your first duet with Chris. It sounds great.
And of course the band and that outstanding leadguitar sounds swell too.

I always enjoy listening to your songs. This one is no exeption to that. I would say; of course not!
And I am spoiled by listening to them, I'm afraid.
Or maybe you should be because it raises the bar...,

Greetings to all,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
PeterF #647754 03/20/21 11:03 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Yes, Marty and Chris blend nicely. The unison was good, especially considering the lyric. Band is solid, and Dave's tone and licks fit the bill. I don't know how this thing could get more "minor", but it still didn't come across as hopelessly "sad". I hope that's a "good" thing. It's cool to watch Blue Attitude the band try out different patterns of writing and performance. Love to all of you.

Thanks as always, Tangmo!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Well done everyone. The vocalists work well together. They tell a good story. The lead guitar is bad a**. Superb. The recording is well mixed and clear. Hat is off to everyone involved.

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave Chris & Marty

A delight to listen to. Wonderful vocals - superb duet, and a great emotional sound.

Dave - lovely well composed guitar parts - beautifully played (some great bends)!

Top notch in all aspects.

Peter

Appreciate that, thanks, Peter!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
A power blues ballad...but without the histrionics.
I appreciate the restraint because it allowed the song to shine.

That's what I always aim for although I don't always achieve it. My favorite players, always, are the guys that could say a lot with just a few notes; Albert King, Otis rush, all the old blues guys.

Thanks, Ray!

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Deluxe!

Gary Moore style guitar and great vocals...what more could you want?

Loved it!

Thanks, Captain!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
BlueAttitude team,
Wow, such a huge sound! Opened up my ears and brain in a matter of seconds smile
Wholesome tune! Dave, excellent guitar work. Strong vocals from both Chris and Marty.
Very cool piece of music. Thank you for sharing!

Misha

Thanks, Misha! wink

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Sounds great Dave!

Love that guitar solo man!

smile

Good to see you back, David, thanks for the listen/comments!

mglinert #648042 03/23/21 12:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mglinert
Mix / Production
Well balanced mix

Thanks!

Instrumentation
The track suddenly sounds slightly empty in solo section at 1:58 – you may have taken too much out
Nice lead guitar sound - had me thinking of Gary Moore

By design. After building the track up until the chorus I wanted to drop things down again for the return to the guitar theme leading into the third verse. I listened again after reading your comment and still think it works, so we will need to agree to disagree on that wink

Vocals
Not that keen on the unison lead, but maybe that’s just me. I prefer the alternate line verse.
I like the harmony sections though

Fair enough.

What I really liked
Intro certainly grabs the attention – I like the repeat of the intro riff at the end. Nice touch.

Thanks!

What could be improved
Solo at 2:44 sounds too long to me
I’m hearing a lot of ‘lonely’ in the lyric!

Well, the solo is the length of a verse, which to my mind isn't too self indulgent. Unless you don't like guitar solos of course wink And yes, it's a song about being 'lonely'.

Thanks for the listen and honest review, I appreciate it and respect your opinion.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yep, the guitar opening immediately grips, Chris and Marty sound great together, the bass is spot on, the soloing is excellent, the composition is strong. What's not to like?
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Very good vocals from Chris and Marty. Marty’s usual stellar bass playing and sound. Dave, I think this is without question some of your best work. The tone and feel is superb! To all in Blue Attitude, this is one of your top tracks. Bravo, Tom

Reading comments like that from someone I respect as much as I respect you really means a lot.

Thanks very much, Tom! smile

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
The team has delivered another classic. The opening bars suggested a fantastic production had commenced.

It didn't disappoint.

Congrats team. Really excellent.

Thank you, Trev, I appreciate that!

Leon1 #648428 03/24/21 11:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Dave, Chris and Marty,

As I can recall this is your first duet with Chris. It sounds great.
And of course the band and that outstanding leadguitar sounds swell too.

I always enjoy listening to your songs. This one is no exeption to that. I would say; of course not!
And I am spoiled by listening to them, I'm afraid.
Or maybe you should be because it raises the bar...,

Greetings to all,
Hans

Yeah, first time we have done a duet. Thanks, Hans!

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Yep, the guitar opening immediately grips, Chris and Marty sound great together, the bass is spot on, the soloing is excellent, the composition is strong. What's not to like?
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon, I appreciate that!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song!

I always like it when two vocals contrast in pitch and timbre to the extent these do. Definitely a duet, but something about this type of choice makes it sound like two people singing together verses trying to sound like a small group or overly blending. kind of that "Can't We Try" feel from Dan Hill and Vonda Shepard a bit. I don't know if I making sense with this?

Lyrics, as always, very well done.

Diggin' that bass!

Man, the ring of that snare and the ghosting makes that track. Happy drummer here. smile

...and Mr. Tone, you never disappoint. Never!

Thanks for sharing your talents.

-C

Last edited by HearToLearn; 03/25/21 03:15 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Great song!

I always like it when two vocals contrast in pitch and timbre to the extent these do. Definitely a duet, but something about this type of choice makes it sound like two people singing together verses trying to sound like a small group or overly blending. kind of that "Can't We Try" feel from Dan Hill and Vonda Shepard a bit. I don't know if I making sense with this?

Lyrics, as always, very well done.

Diggin' that bass!

Man, the ring of that snare and the ghosting makes that track. Happy drummer here. smile

...and Mr. Tone, you never disappoint. Never!

Thanks for sharing your talents.

-C

I have spent many hours over the last year or so working on ways to make EZDrummer sound more realistic, so it means a lot to get that comment from you smile

Thanks for the listen and positive comments, Aaron!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi BlueAttitude,

It is a very melodious composition where the guitar and the piano are in full symbiosis. The lyrics are judiciously divided between the two voices. This composition is judiciously constructed and very pleasant. I appreciated. Well done. El the mix is ​​great.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias
JaniJackFlash

Last edited by Derochette; 03/26/21 10:50 AM.

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave.

You, Chris and Marty soar way up there in the stratosphere somewhere with this mighty fine effort.

Incredible!

I read where floyd said WHOA <---- that says it all! Brilliant!

The quality of your production is so far beyond anything that I've ever managed to achieve that I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. I don't know how you did it, but the production I'm hearing is flawlessly first class and then some!

So impressive!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,638
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193