You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#604076 - 06/27/20 07:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Minor request. The bar at the top. See attached. I do not believe I ever used it. Perhaps "hide/un-hide" option in Display options, to keep GUI cleaner?
Thank you for considering.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#604140 - 06/28/20 07:07 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I do use that bar to see how long my songs are so as long as it is a "hide/unhide" option then +1.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#604143 - 06/28/20 07:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I use the bar also. Perhaps that’s because it is a hold over from when it was essential and habits were formed. I have no objection as long as it is optional.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam sub & monitors

#604283 - 06/28/20 11:53 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

I also use it as it tells me many things that otherwise would require the mixer to be opened (RealTracks or MIDI, are tracks frozen, is MIDI notation transcription available etc.)

Definitely happy to support the idea as longs as it's user selectable of course.

+1
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#604399 - 06/29/20 03:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I also use it as it tells me many things that otherwise would require the mixer to be opened (RealTracks or MIDI, are tracks frozen, is MIDI notation transcription available etc.)

Definitely happy to support the idea as longs as it's user selectable of course.

+1

Same here.

#604544 - 06/30/20 01:20 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

You can try this EDA Tool to hide/resize/move things.
Run it as Administrator if Biab is running as Administrator.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx3ugjmb6mq0w0q/eda_preview270.zip?dl=1
If Biab could do this it with modular.

Attachments

#604607 - 07/01/20 05:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Pipeline,
Thank you for your time. You come up with some crazy ideas smile
Yeah, it will hide it alright, but is a bit brutal. Let see if PG can make it appear/disappear from "Display Menu".

This request is simply to make the tab view even cleaner. I do not have nightmares about that bar smile

#604618 - 07/01/20 08:33 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Your request is an example of the larger request we have asked about for decades: having the various parts of BIAB each become dockable windows. That way, you could construct the interface you want, especially when using multiple monitors. At present, the mixer offers this.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam sub & monitors

#604623 - 07/01/20 09:09 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Something like this maybe:

Attachments

#647200 - 03/17/21 09:12 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Hi Folks.
I am bumping this thread as my other request is very similar in nature.
Seems like most responders did not mind initial request if there is an option to hide/unhide upper bar.
It seems to me that users responded are used to that workflow....
I, for example keep the mixer open most of the time and never use that upper bar. There is an option to hide the mixer...
----
Second request is to have an option to substitute upper "info" bar to a "progress" bar. I know it is important info feature however:

Personally, I can happily live with two, but I feel that both of these items can be a visual distraction to new users. For example info screen looks like Debug mode.
Also in general, it will make first page cleaner for most users.

See attached.

Attachments

Edited by Rustyspoon# (03/17/21 09:13 AM)

#647202 - 03/17/21 09:22 AM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

I don't have a problem being able to hide or unhide anything. Or move it.

There have been good discussions in the past about what to show to beginners, so as to not overwhelm them. I understand this concern but it must be done with some care. Perhaps the model in some other software where you choose to run it as beginner, intermediate, or advanced level, and more things show in each menu, would be a workable approach.

For your request, I would still think that the bar should be visible at first, so beginners know it's available. Then if they want to hide this or anything else, it's on them to remember it is available.

#647478 - 03/18/21 07:06 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Functionality of those top radio buttons was enhanced in 2021. Now clicking on them changes the current track on all the Windows to the selected track. Faster to do that than use the combo to elect the track you want. And of course they’re used to show menus and drag tracks to get rendered.

#647479 - 03/18/21 07:16 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
----
Second request is to have an option to substitute upper "info" bar to a "progress" bar.

What would the progress bar show? Song Generation progress, Song Playback progress? etc.
I'm not sure that the Windows Form actually allows the placement of graphic controls directly over the Form Caption area. There may be ways to achieve this that I haven't previously used.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#647488 - 03/18/21 09:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box Wishlist] Re: Small request. hide / un-hide upper "dotted" bar [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Matt,
"or your request, I would still think that the bar should be visible at first, so beginners know it's available. Then if they want to hide this or anything else, it's on them to remember it is available."

I actually view it as compete opposite. People get confused at start... I am still considering myself a beginner. For me, it is a slow integration process. Most likely I will never use more than 50%-60% of functions/features BIAB has to offer, but I will tell you this: If, when I started using BIAB it opened in "Minimalistic" screen, with most of the items not suitable for beginner hidden, learning curve would be much smoother.

How about a menu on first installation with choices for default: "Beginner" - "Advanced" - "Legacy" (Big button) interfaces? I mentioned this in the past, perhaps a good idea to have initial splash screen with offer to view a "basic" video tutorial on song making (see my request "I want a video that shows me") One straight forward video, perhaps broken (within video) to 3-5 chapters, no bits and pieces from various years. One small project-one narrator. Which would start specifically by introducing basics of interface! smile

--------
Peter,
thank you for responding. I understand the benefits that bar has to offer and this is only suggestion to have ability to hide/unhide it. Going forward, when Utility Tracks will gain more RT/RD properties the upper bar will probably get less relevant, especially to those who will discover BIAB for the first time. Most likely, with more mixer tracks used, control emphasis would fall more onto the mixer and not the top bar.

While typing this, I looked and realized that It might be possible to add whole bunch of Util tracks to that upper bar if named in Tr1, Tr2 etc. Shorter names should give enough room for all. There is a place in menu to change naming to legacy tracks already, so I think it could work both ways. Sorry, I had to write it, otherwise I might forget. I do think "Minimalistic view" has solid front end design for years to come, but that screen is also the first thing that people see... These two request are minor perks to make it more visually appealing.

-------
VideoTrack,
Sorry, I am not a programmer, not sure if it is possible or not. But I was thinking about generation progress, as we have play navigator already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry too much "off topic" here, I should probably request a new forum section of BIAB interface wishlist smile

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows (on sale until May 31st - learn more here)!

We've also updated the Song Titles database, resolved user-reported issues for various drum features, and more.

Learn more & download the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 833 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили 80 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 стиля RealTracks, новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), записи профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances), поставляемые в качестве бонуса отдельные инструменты RealDrums (RealDrums "Singles"), транскрипции стилей RealDrums, набор мультистилей MultiStyles PAK 1, набор экстра-стилей Xtra Styles PAK 10 и др.!

новых | Пакеты

Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

Forum Stats
34372 Members
67 Forums
69408 Topics
596825 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
StarbucksStew, Amanda - PG Music, Trev77, bettJones, Yasu

34371 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 206