Page 1 of 2 1 2
#64751 03/10/10 05:19 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I have BIAB 2010 with the 295 update, and can't get tag endings to display when playing the song. Any help with this would be appreciated.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello,

In the Print Options window, select 'whole song'.

Or, if you don't want to print out all the choruses, print from the Lead Sheet window, and check the 'Fakesheet' box there.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Was Jazzman talking about printing? I inferred that the tags won't display in the chord-entry window.

Veteran
Veteran
Yes, I read the OP question as a display issue, rather than printing. Jazzman60, could you please clarify? Also, we are assuming you have Tag Exists checked and set up the tag in that dialog. Right?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I'm referring the display of the tag on the screen when playing the song. BIAB won't scroll down to the tag when it is playing.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Let's assume you refer to the display on the Chord Sheet, since you still don't say. (The Notation View and the Lead Sheet View are also commonly used to play from. They all act somewhat differently. Nobody here knows which you're in, and that's where the confusion lies.)

You probably realize a tag never plays until after the last chorus, right? It's actually a Coda -- the Coda symbol is advisedly used.

If you have only one chorus, a tag makes no notational sense. In that case the program won't let you establish a tag in the first place.

It also disables any tags that you set up before you dropped back to one chorus. It will never play them until you increase the number of bars in the chorus to include what were previously the tag bars.

If these ideas are no use, try again to give some detailed information.

Larry
______
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
It's the display on the chord sheet. I have multiple choruses, and this happens on every song with a tag.

Thanks for all the help so far! I hope that there is a simple fix for this!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

I hope that there is a simple fix for this!

When you spot it, it will be a simple fix. The fact that none of your Tags is playing is actually encouraging. Something is wrong in your settings that shuts tags off. Tags are not problematic. They work without a hitch as soon as you follow all the rules.

In the Song Settings for a typical tune, is the "Tag Exists" box checked?
If so, are the required bar numbers correct? If BiaB can't find the tag, it can't play it.
Are your non-playing tags greyed out, or are they they colored the same as the other bars?
Is the tag section clearly labeled as such? (Should have a Coda sign as well as a "Tag" text label.)

Those questions may give clues about whether BiaB knows you are trying to make a tag and whether you've correctly told it the tag location.

Last edited by allis; 03/11/10 09:18 AM.
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
"Tag exists" is checked. The tags play fine, they just don't show up on the display of the chord sheet. Everything else shows up fine.

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Precisely what happens is that when the song gets to the tag, the beginning of the song, not the tag, is displayed on the monitor while BIAB plays the tag.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

"Tag exists" is checked. The tags play fine, they just don't show up on the display of the chord sheet. Everything else shows up fine.

Sorry. I never grasped it correctly. It's strange. Back to Square One.

Now that it's dead clear, somebody will have an idea. I still predict it's something minor but weird.

Larry
______
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Precisely what happens is that when the song gets to the tag, the beginning of the song, not the tag, is displayed on the monitor while BIAB plays the tag.

Good stuff. That's the kind of information somebody clever like Andrew can use to get at the thing.

Larry
______
Veteran
Veteran
OK, that helps, and that sounds weird.

Please do Opt, Return to Factory Settings and try your tests again.

New in version 2010, you will be prompted to save your custom settings before the Return to Factory Settings.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
E
Apprentice
Apprentice
E
Do you happen to be running BIAB on Vista? I also encounter weird non-scrolling issues with the chord sheet when I run my UltraPak HD on my wife's Vista laptop. On my old XP laptop and XP desktop there are no problems. In Vista I often find the cursor jumps back to the top of the chord sheet instead of scrolling down and the screen becomes garbled or overwritten. I would resize the window with the mouse to force a redraw of the screen. I tried changing my Vista display Theme to "windows classic" and I think it may have fixed it but I can't recall right now since I don't normally use that laptop.

Ed

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Yes, I run BIAB on a Vista laptop. Hopefully someone will come up with a definitive fix.

Veteran
Veteran
But, did you try Opt, Return to Factory Settings?

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Do you see the tag ending if you uncheck the "Fake" box on the main screen? Did you define any repeats/endings in this song (Edit | Repeats and Endings)? What are your chorus begin/end bar #s, and your tag ending bar #s?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I unchecked the "Fake" box, and it WORKS!!!

Thank's all!

Andrew, BIAB has been the most satisfying product that I own. Thank's again!

Bill

Journeyman
Journeyman
It's still wrong. You don't want to' uncheck that box permanently, and you won't need to when you get ít straight.

Once again, you won't answer the important question: Are there any repeats? What Andrew intelligently suspected was that you have snarled the Tag up in some botched repeat, so the Fake button buries it behind the first bars. It disappears from plain view in Fake mode and appears to be playing from the beginning.

No tag should ever be in a repeat. No D.C., no D.S., no nothing. It must just sit there on the end in full view all the time.

If you're happy, you're happy. But if you ever want your Fake Mode back, you're still going to have to straighten up the way you're doing it.

Last edited by allis; 03/11/10 11:36 AM.

Larry
______
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Allis, there are multiple choruses but no repeats. I don't even know what "Fake mode" is, so I'll probably stay happy. But other users might want to explore this further.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,537
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200