You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#647674 - 03/20/21 08:55 AM [RealBand] audio pitch transpose only partly working in RB 2021.
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

i have an mp3 track i wanted to use for backing but its in D. I want it in C.
import the mp3 with chords - all fine. select track. set from and to boxes to highlight whole track, right click to select pitch and time etc. set to -2. press enter and RB says its consolidating tracks then stops after 'saving undo data please wait'.

long long wait but it seems process aborts as track is unchanged.

if i use the key change option in the box at the top and choose audio and midi the audio is pitch shifted to C perfectly. chords and key change to C automatically but 'reinterpret chords' confirms i'm in C

opened the file in RB 2020 and the right click track command worked perfectly - no consolidating message just 'converting sample rate' and the audio is now in C. key still shows as D and so do chords but 'interpret chords' changes key to C and chords to C chords.

is it just me or can anyone replicate?

#647689 - 03/20/21 10:23 AM [RealBand] Re: audio pitch transpose only partly working in RB 2021. [Re: Bob Calver]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mi., USA
"import the mp3 with chords - all fine."
How did you do this?
I got stuck right there .. import mp3 with chords (?)

For me, when I tried it, the pitch changed and the key changed at top, but I didn't have any chords to check, using either the Import or Open menu.

Edited by rharv (03/20/21 10:30 AM)

#647728 - 03/20/21 03:10 PM [RealBand] Re: audio pitch transpose only partly working in RB 2021. [Re: Bob Calver]
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

file menu 'open special' audio with chords.............

the mp3 opened as a track and ACW entered the chords on the chord sheet - chords in the key of D.

highlight track, select start and finish in the 'from to' boxes and right click on track transpose command works for me in RB 2020 but not 2021. when you change the key in the box, the chord sheet automatically follows so its not until you reinterpret the chords that you confirm in 2021 that the pitch shift has actually happened - the chords are in C before and after you reinterpret.

i reinterpreted the chords in the 2020 version which were still in D after the pitch shift using right clcik on the track to confirm what my ears were hearing - 2 semitones down to C and the new chords matched that.

the menu that comes up when you change the key in the box at the top works in 2021 but not the right click on the track process.

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!

Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.

The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.

Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!

Happy B.C. Day!

Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!

Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.

Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Sunday: Closed.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.

That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!

With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)

Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Forum Stats
34680 Members
66 Forums
70219 Topics
606007 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
sampomkjiu, RBme, Jmoran, Handyman, aaronsmith12

34679 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 156