Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi,

There is not much land here in south Florida so unless you are a multi millionaire things are pretty compressed.

My neighbors set around in the driveways while the kids play in the street.
No one wears a mask and keeping any distance is pretty limited.

I guess because Eva and I have been vaccinated we are less concerned. Also I think because we are getting older we feel we don't have forever to set at home alone. If you just observed my street you would think the pandemic was over.

I hope this vaccine works because we are done with lockup. I am not going to a bar or restaurant or other crowded places but a few of my neighbors and I are doing outdoor things together again.

How about you guys?

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Nope. I mask up ALWAYS when around anyone except my wife. I don't wanna get sick and die early. And I don't wanna kill someone else by spreading the virus to them.

I am amazed and saddened at how inconsiderate and weak so many Americans have become. For eight months the Luftwaffe dropped bombs on London and other cities across Britain. The English had to endure the constant threat of death from the air. But you didn't see any Brits lighting up their houses brightly at night during this period because a blackout might infringe on their freedom!

I can easily tolerate the simple inconvenience of wearing a small mask when I go out!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
NO socializing for me. I've had contact with people in less than 6ft with only 3 individuals in over a year. Haven't actually touched another human since 2019.

75% of people here don't were a mask in public. If you refuse to wear a mask during a pandemic, well, let me put it gently, ..., you are a MORON! Actually you are worse than a MORON. You are not only risking you own life, you are putting others in jeopardy.

I'll leave it there for now.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I live in a small’ish city in the UK. Approximately 100,000 people. I live on the outskirts and have only been in to the city centre three times in the last year. Outdoors I do not wear a mask as there are so few people about. Indoors, shops etc I always wear a mask. I have allowed no one in to my home since the pandemic began. I am 65 and if I have inherited the genes of my relatives I have at least 30 more years to go. Being home alone is no hardship, with video calling etc.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Well, it gunfire season here. (Mostly drug and gang related. Warmer weather brings it out.) I saw a post from some poor guy that just moved into the area. He asked, "did I really hear gunfire last night?"

As for masks, Nope, but I wasn't expecting any.

...Deb

Last edited by DSM; 03/22/21 12:10 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Somebody moved into THAT area and didn't do crime research? The only thing that ever brought be to where you are is that hotdog stand where yo go in on the right and move right through to the left and out the door.

We have the gunfire here as well but it is confined to one specific area, and much like what you said, it is drug and gang related. In the summer we will see 3-4 fatal shootings every couple of weeks. A lot of non fatal shootings that happen during break-ins and such. We had one a few weeks ago that broke into a house and walked into a young couple BOTH with 9mm handguns at the ready. He did not leave the house, um, under his own power. For the most part if you are not involved in the vice lifestyle, it doesn't touch you unless you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Most people in a city know where they should avoid after dark.

Covid-wise, I have rarely seen anybody in a store anywhere without a mask. One guy claimed to have a medical exemption. The store called the police to remove him until they could verify that credential. He opted for another store and drove away. I have had one minor confrontation about it. Last week I went to a dealership to tell them to call me when they get the next Jeep Wrangler that is is such bad cosmetic shape that they'd be ashamed to have it on their lot. I want the ugly stepsister Wrangler. One guy at the desk did not have a mask on. The receptionist asked if she could help me. My reply was, as I pointed to that guy, "As soon as he puts his mask on, sure. You are NOT going to post signs demanding customers wear masks and then not require your employees to wear them. So (pointing at him) put your mask on, baldy." He complied. There have been incidents where people fought about masks, and in those few incidents, mask wearing people intervened and "assisted" the mask requesting party in "reasoning" with the person initially refusing to wear their mask.

I am a hermit crab anyway and don't socialize with people in the BEST of times. I go to stores, wearing my mask, and get in and out of there as quickly as possible. I order food online and pick it up in a manner where they load it in. Anything else I order online and they deliver it to my porch. I walk my dog but that's outdoors and we're usually alone anyway. So I have been doing my part to distance the same as I have for at least the last decade. I've been a misanthrope for a long time.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The wife and I have been to a few restaurants. We both have had the two Moderna shots and we always wear our masks. Everyone around here is wearing masks in public places. Thus far we have not socialized with our neighbors but that is to be expected in the winter. Now that is getting warmer will see what happens.

We are respectful of others but we are not paranoid about this virus. After all there is a 98% recovery rate.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
In the summer we will see 3-4 fatal shootings every couple of weeks.

We're professional here.... we're on a daily shooting schedule. Unfortunately, lately, there have been more children caught in the cross fire. This is mostly North and South of downtown STL on the Missouri side. I'm 10 miles from downtown on the Illinois side. Not quite as at risk for shootings.

On the COVID side, yeah when we go out to the stores, pick up food, Home Depot, etc., we're still masking and most people are still doing so as well. We spend most of our nice days in the fenced in back yard gardening, landscaping and laying in the hammock.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We live a couple of miles from a small historic town. Our land/home is part of a 160 acre heavily forested development that has only 10 homesteads on it. Our property borders the cul de sac thus no through traffic. All homes are visible from the road only in the winter. We have far and away the most modest home having built it to the minimum allowed size smile Over the last 30 years we have constructed miles of mountain biking / hiking trails on our and neighbors’ land which we ride or hike every day. The development is hilly and but a mile from our local greenway and access to a river for kayaking.

Even before the pandemic we would often go 2-3 days w/o leaving the homestead. We’ve used Instacart for grocery shopping and very rarely ventured out over the past year other than day trips to ride trails in the general area. We also bike miles and miles of nearby isolated dirt roads. I’m 75 and lost a great friend to the virus making us even more cautious.

Now that we are both fully vaccinated we will visit our favorite B&B in the mountains. The inn keepers are friends and extremely careful themselves snd demand it of the guests.

The biggest negative with us, as with many, has been not seeing family and friends and the extreme sadness of a online family funeral. The biggest positive is that have always been each other’s best friend and share a love of biking, hiking, kayaking and music.

This could’ve been avoided with minimum sacrifice relative to what my and Janice’s parents went through during the Great Depression and WWII. I sometimes feel the mould was broken after that generation.

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Obviously people live in a wide range of conditions from congested apartments in major cities to pretty remote and rural settings. I see some pretty crazy things on TV here in Miami from the current very large drunk crowds of spring break people with no mask to one guy in his boat in the middle of a very wide river with a mask on.

After reading the comments so far I don't get the impression people are very trusting of the effectiveness of the vaccine. Mario and family may be an exception and Eva and I have decided to take some limited amount of risk interacting with a few people we know and care about, otherwise what is the point of the vaccine.

The comments about gun violence is actually pretty shocking. As that is an everyday condition here in Miami I am not sure why I would find it shocking. I never leave my house without being armed to go anywhere, to ride the bikes, to go to church... It really is a horrible state of affairs to feel that it is necessary to be armed at all times, plus the huge responsibility that entails.

I own a business which uses dangerous chemicals on a weekly basis. I am required to pass a Hazmat test every year. I had several hundred N95 mask, Hazmat suits, full face mask and other things in stock when the pandemic started. Wearing a mask has been a normal thing for me to deal with for several years. I have been required to interact with my employees but have always had the necessary protection to prevent the transmission of Covid-19 or any pathogen or poison gas.

We have only left the house when necessary up until now and my business partner has dealt with most of the day to day issues.. I wear a mask when I need too.

The pandemic has been very hard to deal with on many levels. One of my employees died of Covid-19. I have been unable to go to my house in Paris for over a year with no real end in site. The car sets in the garage and only gets started every month or two by a mechanic.

A lot of stupid things have happened here in the United States. They continue today with the mass murder of 10 people at a supermarket in Boulder Colorado.

The pandemic will most likely end at some point. The Covid-19 epidemic will be here for years to come. I see no reason to be hopeful for a end to the gun violence.

The good news...we still have many friends all over the world who we care about and who care about us. Fortunately we have video and audio connections all the time.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Last year's major fail was politicizing mask wearing. Estimates are as many as 80% of the dead would still be alive had masks been promoted early on as essential.

This year's fail has been, in my humble opinion, not clearly explaining the vaccine! I trust the vaccine 100% and will get it ASAP! But it is important to understand the vaccine. It does NOT give you immunity to COVID-19. Instead, it simply prepares your body to be able to fight it off very effectively. A vaccinated person can still get COVID-19 but the vaccine will keep you out of the hospital and keep you alive. I wish they would promote it as something that tames COVID rather than something that prevents it!

Furthermore, a fully vaccinated person can spread COVID-19 to others who are not vaccinated! So even though I have had my vaccination and know I am relatively safe from a bad case of COVID, if I decide I don't need to wear my mask I can still kill others who are not vaccinated!

That is why we must continue wearing our mask even though we have been vaccinated.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Well you guys are lucky,

South Africa have for all intents and purposes not started the vaccinations as at 20th March.

"Mkhize announced that 182 983 healthcare workers have been vaccinated since the country kicked off its vaccine roll-out plan last month"

That's all.

In the meantime we have moved to lockdown status 1 which a LOT of people interpreted as COVID has been beaten and they can now "go back to normal"

We have seen a lot of people wearing their masks around their neck or chin bullshitting themselves. A lot of our youth do not even bother!!??

I have no problem "admonishing" these idiots if they get closer than 3m from me.

I have no intention battling through life to get to this age and get get killed for being stupid!!!

We still avoid going to restaurants and public gatherings. As I do the shopping I time it for early mornings in the week and avoid malls and shopping centres.

I'm doing allright for Country Trash ....

I used to care, but things have changed (Bob Dylan)

BIAB 2022W + RB
M-Audio FastTrack C600, Rode NT2-A
Digitech VoiceLive 4

Epiphone Sheraton, Ibanez 12str, Washburn 6str, Cort 6Str Nylon
Yanagisawa Tenor Sax

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
We are respectful of others but we are not paranoid about this virus. After all there is a 98% recovery rate.

That is an average rate I suppose. Depends on age. My mother lives in a retirement residence, ages 70 and up live there. There was a breakout there a couple of months ago with 11 of the residents getting the virus. Of those 11, four of them died.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Billy, in reference to all of the gun violence, this is what you get when you take God and discipline out of everything.

Thus far it is pretty safe around here but when I go to other places I also carry.

{edit} PS - it will continue to get worst and the only way to stop it is to have the punishment worst than the crime. One can wish.

Last edited by MarioD; 03/23/21 04:08 AM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John3, it is so said that everything is so political today. Because of this neither side trusts the other and in Congress nothing gets done. Thus most people don't trust our government.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Originally Posted By: MarioD

That is an average rate I suppose. Depends on age. My mother lives in a retirement residence, ages 70 and up live there. There was a breakout there a couple of months ago with 11 of the residents getting the virus. Of those 11, four of them died.

Unfortunately the elderly, especially those with preconditions, are very vulnerable. I pray your mother was a survivor. And yes we have to be extremely careful around the elderly, especially when they are in nursing homes and retirement homes. We have an elderly aunt in each but we are not going to see them until all is safe to do so.

Yes that is the overall average recovery rate.

Both my wife and I are over 70 and we both have asthma. We have placed our faith in God and the vaccine. Only time will tell if that is the right decision.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Last year's major fail was politicizing mask wearing. Estimates are as many as 80% of the dead would still be alive had masks been promoted early on as essential.

This year's fail has been, in my humble opinion, not clearly explaining the vaccine! I trust the vaccine 100% and will get it ASAP! But it is important to understand the vaccine. It does NOT give you immunity to COVID-19. Instead, it simply prepares your body to be able to fight it off very effectively. A vaccinated person can still get COVID-19 but the vaccine will keep you out of the hospital and keep you alive. I wish they would promote it as something that tames COVID rather than something that prevents it!

Good points. People did not understand the masks either. I can't count how many people said "This mask isn't going to keep you from getting Covid." While that is correct, it also isn't why we wear masks.

This is largely about listening skills and how people in general condense words and create their own version. I once had a guy want to argue that "You can't testify against your spouse." That is 100% not true. You can not be FORCED to testify against your spouse. If you want to, your testimony is welcomed like anyone else's. (I have 3 ex spouses who would be thrilled to testify against me!) That microwave logic led to the complete misunderstanding about why we are asked to wear masks. Had they read all the way through, it would be clear that our exhausted breath travels up to 6 feet (that distance sound familiar?) and air expelled under force (coughing) travels 10 or more. The mask keeps your air contained, but the anti-maskers don't want to know that part.

As far as the gun thing, it is important to remember that the gun did nothing. Impeding gun sales by more redundant laws will not stop people with ill intent rom buying guns. They will just buy them illegally. Using me as the example, I am 3 months short of 70. I do not have as much as a misdemeanor on my record. My entire police record is 5 speeding tickets. I can pass any background check you can throw at me, and in fact in my state the possession of a concealed carry permit IS a background check. Thus (something else the anti 2A people harp on) I can walk into a sporting goods store and buy a gun immediately. In a true act of overreaction after the last one (before Colorado) the battle cry has become "waiting period of 2 days". That just delays the act by 2 days, but if someone has that kind of evil in their heart, it is going to happen. You simply cannot legislate behavior, and that's what what the liberal side outcry is asking to be done. This guy in Colorado would likely have done what he did had he bought his gun at Bob's Gun Store or Louie the gun runner selling guns smuggled in from Mexico or stolen from someone who DID buy it legally at Bob's Gun Store. I heard shots about 11pm last night. I hear them 3-5 times per week. If laws were passed that saw every legal gun collected by law enforcement, I would hear STOLEN gunfire 3-5 times per week. The people doing the shooting largely bought their guns on the street. No paperwork, nothing. Cash out, gun it. Tell us how to legislate it. My town, statistically, is horrible for the gun play, However, statistics don't factor in who is involved. We have gangs here and drug turf wars. All the shooting is a young demographic and in very specific areas, but if it is inside the city limits, they all count.

Billy lives in a place where there is a notorious area called Liberty City. There is a gang known as 12th St and a rival known as 13th Court. They live 150 feet apart. And they shoot each other for sport. Nobody knows why except that "they" are the enemy. It is literally the Hatfields and McCoys. They are feuding because they are feuding, and nobody knows why. The kids there rarely live past 20 years of age. However they also have 4 kids by the so the next generation of feuding gangs is always 14-16 years behind. How do you stop that? It's been going on for years. See the image. 12th St and 13th Court.

Small towns seem to have the advantage here. That sense of community where everybody has known everybody for generations tend to see more compassion toward people. I kind of envy that, though I enjoy a bigger city so on that extremely rare occasion that I DO want to go out I have places to go. Days go by where I don't even start my car! I have at least 2 of everything in my house so I don't need anything but consumables like food.

We'll get through this!! As long as we all remember that vaccination does not mean immunity as J3 pointed out, we'll get through it. Easing the reins because of the vaccine is a bad move IMHO and I anticipate we will see a spike as people let their guard down.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, for me, life has not changed all that much. I didn't wear a mask before the Wuhan china virus and I didn't wear one in it, and still don't. I don't plan to wear a mask or take the experimental vaccine shots. Nope.... I take care, take vitamins, eat healthy, stay active and breathe the free fresh air around me. I notice that there's a lot of people who are wearing the masks. It amuses me that they are insisting on wearing masks that clearly say on the box that the masks come in.... Not for use to protect from bacteria and viruses..... oh well.... the guy at Walmart gave me a dirty look when I pointed that out to him when he offered me a mask and I politely refused it. He sees me coming now and rolls his eyes..... Bwahahahahahahahahaha

In my business, (what is left of it due to the shutdowns and layoffs) I do have to go into nursing homes to service life safety systems that are critical for the safety of the residents. I do abide by their requirements while there.

I got sick a few weeks back and thought I might have contracted the Wuhan china virus. I took a test... yeah that was fun.... and it came back negative. Family members have had it and we were exposed so I've done a few 10 day quarantines. Nothing ever came of it.

I still go out to dinner, shop, etc.... and don't mask up. Very few places have turned me away. I'm still training with my dog and search team, we do searches, I walk in the woods and play music.....

Gunshots..... oh heck yeah. Round here somethings wrong if you don't hear gun shots. Everyone around here has a shooting range on their property and likes to keep their skill set sharp. Me included.

In other words.... life is good and not much has changed that I noticed. I like to stay hidden away on my 28 acres of woods.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 03/23/21 08:04 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well where I live most people wear a mask, I have had the first of two of the Oxford jab, but still act as I haven't had it, wearing mask when in shops etc and try to keep a safe distance from anyone else who doesn't live in the household.

What amazes me is after seeing a tv interview most of the ordinary Chinese citizens believe that the virus never originated there at all, been brainwashed or what?

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I like to stay hidden away on my 28 acres of woods.

Good!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,736
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191