Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#648336 03/24/21 11:17 AM
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It's been a long time since last I posted some music.

In 2020, because my part of Australia had an extended COVID lockdown, I spent around 5-6 months (all up) teaching my high school chemistry classes over the internet. This meant that I had to rewrite all my lessons as well as devise ways to monitor each student's academic progress as we worked towards final exams. It was an interesting challenge and, unfortunately, music had to take a back seat.

Now I can get back into songwriting.

Earlier this year, I came across a "seeking songs" request from a Filipino company that produces gay-romance TV dramas. Inspired by this, I set about working on something to submit (you've got to be in it to win it, so they say). As Tagalog and English are the official languages of the Philippines, an English submission had a chance.

I've noticed that many romance dramas often have a slow romantic waltz somewhere in their story-line. This seemed like a good place to start so I set about creating a song that was intimate and musically uncluttered.

This is where BIAB, Realband and Reaper took me. It's a rewrite of some of my music and lyrics from 2011.

Please feel free to critique any aspect of the song and its presentation.

It's a good feeling to post something again!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I have no idea whether my submission was (or will be) successful. That doesn't matter, though. This song got me back into making music and I'm really thankful for that.

= = = = = =

BIAB Realtracks

► Acoustic Bass: RT776:Bass, Acoustic, PopWaltz Ev 085
► Electric Guitar: RT1498:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopWaltzClassic Ev 085

MIDI Plugins
► Rhythm: EZDrummer 2
► Acoustic Guitar: Applied Acoustic Systems (AAS) GS-2 Strum with "Take 3 | Becky 3-4"
► Electric Piano: EZ Keys, Electric 200A

Effects and Effect Plugins
► Acoustic Bass: Renaissance Bass plugin
► Electric Guitar: Ozone 9, Equalizer; MAutoPan, slow sinewave pan; ReaComp (Reaper's compressor); ReaDelay
► Acoustic Guitar: Ozone 9, Vintage Compressor; ReaDelay.
► Vocals: Nectar 3; ReaFir (to remove background noise); ReaComp; ReaEq; ReaTune; ReaDelay.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
Excellent compisition. It has some flavor of old time romantic tunes, yet with modern outfit. Great vocals. Tasteful mix. Good one! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Noel,
Excellent compisition. It has some flavor of old time romantic tunes, yet with modern outfit. Great vocals. Tasteful mix. Good one! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Hi Misha.

Thanks for having a listen. I sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

I really like that it sounded "old time romantic". This is exactly what I was trying to capture and it's why I stayed with the AABA format of my original write back in 2011. In addition, because there are a couple of generation gaps between me and today's music, it's easier for me to work with stuff I'm familiar with. I'm lousy when it comes to trying to capture a modern sound smile

Thank you again for taking the time.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, long time no see.

Very simple and beautiful lyrics permeate my mind.
The gentle drumless waltz melody catches my heart.
Your vocal fits this song perfectly.
I really like the chord progression of the bridge.
The modulation (Vm7- I7- IVmaj - IVm7 - bVII7 - bIIImaj - V7) is very beautiful.
The mix is also great.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel

Good to hear a new one from you. It's been an interesting year(and the NSW VIC border has remained open now for quite a few weeks!).

A very pretty classic sounding sentimental piece.

An engaging sincere delivery adds to the overall mood of the song.

Very nicely done.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

A beautiful song. And a really nice treatment. Has the sound needed for such a request - good TV romance stuff...

Excellent vocal, well recorded and processed.

Excellent use of the addition tools (outside of BIAB)!! Good mix.

Great to see you posting again!

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
I like the space you`ve given the hopeful romantic feel of the lyrics and melody to swirl around.Just the right amount of embellishing from a simple and well arranged blend of MIDI and Rt`s supporting your relaxed,gently emotive vocal.
Welcome back!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

This is a beautiful, understated song!
Very romantic and with so nice lyrics. Impressing!

I had to smile when hearing how you sang it. A bit laid back, but always sensitive.
Very enjoyable and nothing to 'complain about';-)

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this Noel. I could not imagine learning chemistry remotely. I remember the labs from high school. Most experiments were group efforts. Bunson burners. Discovering the colors and odours and reactions taking place.

Your song was beautiful and so very well done. Your songs are alway so positive and upliftng. Thanks so much for sharing.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel ...

So very nice to hear some new music from you. Your absence from the forum does not go unnoticed.

So easy on the ears! A classic love song - constructed and performed such that it would never be out of date - perpetually fresh, in other words. Here's hoping your song gets selected. Based on the request, it's hard to imagine a more beautiful and fitting song could be composed/delivered. Wishing you the very best. Stay safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
An extra fine solid love song with a lyric that can be appreciated by everyone who loves. It is well delivered with voice and band. It's good to see you pop up here again and I hope this whole "situation" has turned to the ultimate good for you (and your students).

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I appreciate your efforts during Covid Noel. I was lucky to have retired a little before the series of disaster hit the nation. ALL of my former colleagues, those still teaching, had to learn new skills and spend many extra hours each week to make the system work without any thanks or remuneration. THANK YOU!
A lovely song, a lovely melody.
You're always an excellent example of what MIDI can do for music.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome back! What a comeback, such a sentimental love song - no clouds in the horizon. It is also very nice to hear again your excellent vocals.
The chorus is especially strong with a beautiful melody and a interestingly enjoyable chording. The instrumentation is simple, but perfect, I really like the sound of the electric guitar.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Together, we are music
I’m rhythm and you are song
When we dance
Can you feel it?
In your arms is where I belong"

This is so beautiful in every way and we are so happy that you have returned! I (Janice) absolutely love waltzes and this one has such a perfect melody for the lyric and I had tears in my eyes before the first verse was over. If I could write a song for Bud I would say just those words.

Your vocal and the band you assembled reminded us of how much we have missed your presence here. We hope that all is well with your teaching situation now and that you are here to stay!

I (Bud) totally agree with what my better half wrote above!

Lovely...

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I know where you are coming from. Teaching classes online has been extremely time consuming.

Very nice song with a pleasing melody. Excellent heartfelt vocal delivery that convey the sentiments of the lyric.

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Noel, long time no see.

Very simple and beautiful lyrics permeate my mind.
The gentle drumless waltz melody catches my heart.
Your vocal fits this song perfectly.
I really like the chord progression of the bridge.
The modulation (Vm7- I7- IVmaj - IVm7 - bVII7 - bIIImaj - V7) is very beautiful.
The mix is also great.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki Adachi,

Thank you for jumping into the thread and having a listen. I sincerely appreciate it. Also, thank you for your really nice words.

The following two lines need to be in a song.

• "Very simple and beautiful lyrics permeate my mind.
    The gentle drumless waltz melody catches my heart."

To be honest, I think you've given me way too much credit when you use such beautiful language. I can't promise anything but I'm going to see if I can write something that was inspired by these words. If I manage to come up with some lyrics, I'll send them over to you to put to a melody smile

Also, thank you for writing the middle-eight chord progression out in that format. It's the first time I've looked at it that way and it has opened up a few ideas for the future. For me, I thought of this chord sequence in three parts...

SONG IN THE KEY OF D MAJOR

(1) Key G (subdominant of D major): IIm7—V7—I—I

(2) then Key F: IIm7—V7—I

(3) Pivot chord A7 (V7 in key D) since F and A share the same melody note of A. Using A7 gets me back into the key D very nicely.

Quote:
If anyone wants to see what chords Shigeki Adachi and I are talking about, try this...

• Set BIAB's chordsheet to display Roman numerals.
  • Set BIAB's key to "D"
  • Enter the chords exactly as written by Adachi-san. (Note... bIII7 is entered as "letter B", three "letters I" and numeral "7")
  • Set BIAB's chord display back to normal. The Roman numerals will now display as standard chords in the key of D major.

The value in using Roman numerals is that chord progressions are easily transferred from key to key.

Thank you once again for visiting!

All the best.
Noel

P.S. Japan's famous cherry trees must be coming into bloom soon! They always look incredible on TV.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

Great to see you with a new song! It's been a while, and I understand why after reading your text.

Just a lovely song! Very well written, performed, and produced.

Enjoyed the listen, and welcome back!

User Showcase
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
A nice soothing ballad, everything about it was cool, love it.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Excellent Lyrics! Simply top notch. Lovely sentiment.

much enjoyed!

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel

Good to hear a new one from you. It's been an interesting year(and the NSW VIC border has remained open now for quite a few weeks!).

A very pretty classic sounding sentimental piece.

An engaging sincere delivery adds to the overall mood of the song.

Very nicely done.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes... travel is back again!

When I look around the world and see that damage that COVID has done, I'm very glad that here in Australia, State Governments have border control. That, and State Leaders who followed the Science, is what saved us (in my opinion). What I find interesting is that around Jun/Jul 2020, France and Australia were on similar "new cases per day" numbers (~700). We applied Science and Math and brought COVID under control. France followed a different path. They now have over 90,000 deaths while Australia has a little over 900.

Anyway.... I'd better get back to music...

Thank you for having a listen to my song. I really appreciate your comments. You know, when I listen to what you, Leon, Janice and Bud create, I'm left amazed by just how productive, how creative and how professional you all are!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Absolutely beautiful, in fact absolutely sensationally beautiful, Noel.

Your dedication to helping and supporting others shines through, no matter where or who they are.

Masterful production, with the exact degree of complexity all delivered through its beautiful arrangement.

Congratulations are definitely called for. smile

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, you definitely nailed their request, Noel. "As long as Earth keeps turning..." Man, this is a can't-miss hit.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel love the vocal really great job and great choice of tracks well done thanks Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

A beautiful song. And a really nice treatment. Has the sound needed for such a request - good TV romance stuff...

Excellent vocal, well recorded and processed.

Excellent use of the addition tools (outside of BIAB)!! Good mix.

Great to see you posting again!

fj

Hi floyd!

It's really good to see you again. Thanks for dropping in. I seriously appreciate your comments.

In case you're interested, Asterisk Digital Entertainment is the company I sent my music to. Below is the opening theme for their show, "My Extraordinary". I used this for ideas. The show was on Filipino, mainstream TV. Kenji Exaltacion's singing is very, very easy on the ears. If I could have had him sing "I will Always Be There", it would have helped a lot, I reckon smile Alas! it wasn't meant to be.

Because I'm well aware that I could not create something of comparable quality to the Youtube clip, I thought it was better to do something that was completely different, and much simpler, in the hope of reducing the likelihood of comparison.

Anyone who listens to the above Youtube clip, and then listens to "I will Always Be There", will most likely pick up a few things I did that were inspired by the video. (I was guided by the principle that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" (so the proverbial "they" say) smile )

I'll keep the forum informed if any success rolls my way!

I hope that all is travelling well for you.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
This is really, really good. Nobody does sincere like you do. smile

Heartfelt vocal, great lyrics, and an rhythmically interesting melody that doesn't need a lot of chord changes or drumming to make it work.

Well recorded and good mix as well.

Did I mention that this is really good?

Welcome back! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Noel,

Wonderful tune! I had a chance to listen to this a few days back. I loved it then, and listening a second time, love it more now. Really sweat, endearing tune. From a production standpoint, I admire how clean your songs are—artful in the simplicity, everything ringing so clear, resonating. Lovely vocal as well. Outstanding work here!

All my best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Noel,

This sounds really good man! It has a classic sound to it, so it may be just what they were looking for.

Great to hear you again!!

smile

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Noel
Nice to have you back. This is a beautiful song and very well sung (I always enjoy your vocal style). I particularly like the chorus - both words and music. Fingers crossed your submission is successful.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Date: 30/03/2021
System: good PC speakers (with sub)
--------------------------------------------------

Hi there Noel, in time-honoured fashion ...

Song I Will Always Be There
Mix / Production
This is well put together with everything in place and the vocals nice and clear and prominent
Instrumentation
The solo guitar at 1:31 does sound slightly under-powered, even for the laid back feel of this track
Vocals
Pretty well sung, even when you get to the edge of your comfortable range (2:37) the semi-tone movements in the melody are well negotiated too.
What I really liked
Song structure – the ‘B’ section (Together, we are music) is especially well written
What could be improved
I’m hearing one or two lines with what I would consider as word-stress issues – forcing Noel to place the stress on an inappropriate syllable.
Overall impression
Successful project – maybe the laid-back card has been overplayed!
Writing in 3 / 4 is not as easy as it appears (I also tried it recently) so well done.

I of course, add mine to all the voices welcoming you back Noel with some new music. With my very best regards, Marc

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,
I like the space you`ve given the hopeful romantic feel of the lyrics and melody to swirl around.Just the right amount of embellishing from a simple and well arranged blend of MIDI and Rt`s supporting your relaxed,gently emotive vocal.
Welcome back!

Robert

Hi Robert!

Thanks for passing through my thread. I appreciate it. I also appreciate your thoughts. You've helped re-enforce that I'm on the right path with what I've done. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It's good to see you again!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Noel,

This is a beautiful, understated song!
Very romantic and with so nice lyrics. Impressing!

I had to smile when hearing how you sang it. A bit laid back, but always sensitive.
Very enjoyable and nothing to 'complain about';-)

Hans

G'day Hans.

It's great to see you again. Thank you for visiting smile

I sincerely appreciate your comments. These vocals were a challenge for me. Singing softly and intimately is not something that I have a lot of practise with and I don't think I'm all that good at it. I got there in the end, though. Next time, I'm hoping that it will be a little bit easier.

Thanks again for dropping in.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this Noel. I could not imagine learning chemistry remotely. I remember the labs from high school. Most experiments were group efforts. Bunson burners. Discovering the colors and odours and reactions taking place.

Your song was beautiful and so very well done. Your songs are always so positive and uplifting. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hi Scott.

Thanks for dropping in. It's always excellent to have you visit.

Chemistry hasn't changed too much from what you describe. Fortunately for me, there are many fantastic experiments on Youtube. So while it was not possible to conduct experiments, we could all look at Youtube clips individually and then come back to "class" and discuss things.

Following that, I ran quizzes that I'd prepared on MS Teams. This re-enforced learning and assessed how successful my lesson(s) had been.

One good thing that came from remote learning was that parent-teacher interviews worked incredibly well over the internet. I much preferred doing them this way that meeting the parents in person.

Thank you for your positive comments about my song. I really appreciate them.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Noel,

Great to see you with a new song! It's been a while, and I understand why after reading your text.

Just a lovely song! Very well written, performed, and produced.

Enjoyed the listen, and welcome back!

Hey Dave!

It's great to see you. Thank you for passing through the thread. I sincerely appreciate your comments.

I've listened to a few of your songs since I've returned and I must say that your productions are...

A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E!

You've got dial twisting and slider sliding down to such a fine art. The sound is spectacular!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Noel ...

So very nice to hear some new music from you. Your absence from the forum does not go unnoticed.

So easy on the ears! A classic love song - constructed and performed such that it would never be out of date - perpetually fresh, in other words. Here's hoping your song gets selected. Based on the request, it's hard to imagine a more beautiful and fitting song could be composed/delivered. Wishing you the very best. Stay safe ...

Alan

Hi Alan,

I see you haven't changed! You still say nice things about my songs smile

Thank you for taking the time to have a listen. I sincerely appreciate it. I have to be honest, though, I'm not in your league. When it comes to songwriting and arranging, your expertise as a band leader shines!

Thanks again!

All the best to you,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
An extra fine solid love song with a lyric that can be appreciated by everyone who loves. It is well delivered with voice and band. It's good to see you pop up here again and I hope this whole "situation" has turned to the ultimate good for you (and your students).

Hi Tangmo,

Thank you for visiting. And thanks for finding time to have a listen. I appreciate your comments.

Last year was definitely interesting from a teaching perspective. It took quite a bit of effort from everyone, I think. While lessons over the internet sound straightforward, they are demanding to prepare and cognitive fatigue sets in after a while, too. Looking at a computer screen and trying to learn is not always that motivating for students.

Still, there wasn't much choice in the matter and my boys and girls absolutely did the best they could!

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
I appreciate your efforts during Covid Noel. I was lucky to have retired a little before the series of disaster hit the nation. ALL of my former colleagues, those still teaching, had to learn new skills and spend many extra hours each week to make the system work without any thanks or remuneration. THANK YOU!
A lovely song, a lovely melody.
You're always an excellent example of what MIDI can do for music.

Hi Ray!

Thank you for the THANK YOU! You made my day smile I don't think many people fully appreciate just how hard teaching is as a profession and the impact that it has on a teacher's brain. Classroom management can take its toll from time to time. Remote learning added a whole new level of difficulty to just about everything!

I have to give my students credit, though. They were awesome.

Thanks for the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

You write some of the most beautiful music on this forum. This one is no exception - great stuff.

I particularly like your voice in this song - very emotive.

Loved it.

Bob

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Welcome back! What a comeback, such a sentimental love song - no clouds in the horizon. It is also very nice to hear again your excellent vocals.
The chorus is especially strong with a beautiful melody and a interestingly enjoyable chording. The instrumentation is simple, but perfect, I really like the sound of the electric guitar.

Janne

Hello Janne!

Thank you for such inspiring words! I'm just wondering if you listened to my song or maybe accidentally listened to Birchwood's instead! When I listen to my song, I don't hear any of what you talk about crazy I only hear all the things that I wish I'd done better. That said. Your fine words lifted me up to cloud nine. Now I have no idea how I'm going to get back down!

It's great to see you again :)And seriously, I sincerely appreciate that you had time to have a listen and to comment.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Together, we are music
I’m rhythm and you are song
When we dance
Can you feel it?
In your arms is where I belong"

This is so beautiful in every way and we are so happy that you have returned! I (Janice) absolutely love waltzes and this one has such a perfect melody for the lyric and I had tears in my eyes before the first verse was over. If I could write a song for Bud I would say just those words.

Your vocal and the band you assembled reminded us of how much we have missed your presence here. We hope that all is well with your teaching situation now and that you are here to stay!

I (Bud) totally agree with what my better half wrote above!

Lovely...

J&B

Hi J&B,

It's good to be back. I didn't realise how much I missed making songs until I started creating some again.

Janice, thank you heaps for your really kind words smile I wanted to keep things simple and make the overall as effective as possible. You comments give me hope that I'm on the right track.

Thanks for noticing the bridge, too. Those few words came slowly and after I tried many different possibilities. As is often the case, once these words appeared in my mind, I wondered why it was so hard finding them!

I hope that all is going well for you.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I know where you are coming from. Teaching classes online has been extremely time consuming.

Very nice song with a pleasing melody. Excellent heartfelt vocal delivery that convey the sentiments of the lyric.

Howdy!

Yes! Teaching remotely is different in ways I didn't anticipate smile It's good to have moved on from there.

Thanks for taking a listen. I appreciate it a lot.

All the the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
A nice soothing ballad, everything about it was cool, love it.

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for having a listen. I'm grateful that you found time to visit.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Noel96,

Very romantic composition. The guitar is in perfect harmony with your voice. It is pleasant to listen to. The dosage of the instruments is well thought out. well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Excellent Lyrics! Simply top notch. Lovely sentiment.

much enjoyed!

Hi Lawrence!

It's great to see you. I really glad you found the time to have a listen. I appreciate your time and your comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Absolutely beautiful, in fact absolutely sensationally beautiful, Noel.

Your dedication to helping and supporting others shines through, no matter where or who they are.

Masterful production, with the exact degree of complexity all delivered through its beautiful arrangement.

Congratulations are definitely called for. smile

Hi Trev,

I hope all is travelling well for you on the other side of Greensborough. Melbourne seems to have stepped back into a nearly normal mode, these days.

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen. I seriously appreciate it and your comments brought a smile. Thank you for those, too.

May good things come your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, you definitely nailed their request, Noel. "As long as Earth keeps turning..." Man, this is a can't-miss hit.

Hi BabuMusic!

Thanks for your really kind words. I'm sitting here chuckling a bit now after having read them again. I think that I need to dispel the myth that "this is a can't-miss hit". Mind you, if Asterisk Digital thought like that it would be great.

As Hal David once wrote to a Burt Bacharach melody, I'll just keep on "Wishin' and Hopin'."

Thank you for the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Noel, you've written and performed a beautiful piece. Your song could fit in well in a live performance playlist of Michael Bublé or Barry Gibb.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
A beautiful song Noel. Vocals and backing/arrangement are first-class (the guitar is great).
Is there anything more heart-warming one person can say to another than "I Will Always Be There"?
Thanks for sharing, Noel.
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, you're a treasure. You have a distinctive style that is so captivating. I loved the melody and progression on this. Vocals to die for. Way to go.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Noel love the vocal really great job and great choice of tracks well done thanks Eric

Hi Eric!

Thank you for dropping in. I really appreciate that you had time to stop and listen.

Believe it or not, when I was trying to find Realtracks for this song, I came across RT1498, and the minute I heard it, you and your wonderful lyrical guitar playing sprang to mind. I knew that when this happened, this was the track I needed to use. So it seems that my years of listening to your work actually helped me with the production of this song.

Thank you!

Thanks for your comments. too.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
This is really, really good. Nobody does sincere like you do. smile

Heartfelt vocal, great lyrics, and an rhythmically interesting melody that doesn't need a lot of chord changes or drumming to make it work.

Well recorded and good mix as well.

Did I mention that this is really good?

Welcome back! laugh

Hi David,

It's good to be back. I'm feeling happy now that I can get into some more songwriting.

Thanks for having a listen. I'm grateful that you had a bit a time to spare. The day I recorded this, I had a bit of hay fever and I was feeling slightly stuffed up. My throat was also a bit sore. I think this might have helped my vocals in some strange way! The big test is to see if I can do it again some other time.

Thanks again. I sincerely appreciate your visit.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Noel,

Wonderful tune! I had a chance to listen to this a few days back. I loved it then, and listening a second time, love it more now. Really sweat, endearing tune. From a production standpoint, I admire how clean your songs are—artful in the simplicity, everything ringing so clear, resonating. Lovely vocal as well. Outstanding work here!

All my best to you,

Deej

Hi Deej.

It's always good to read you. Whenever you stop by, listen and write a few comments, you always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time. I honestly appreciate it.

I can only work with "simplicity." Once I start trying to mix and arrange too many sounds, my brain doesn't know where to turn! So I discovered that if I try to work with a 3-to-5-piece group, I can usually come up with something.

In case you're interested, I spend a lot of time on YouTube, much of it in South Korea, listening to acoustic and acoustic-electric music like the song below. While I don't understand the words, the kind music in the clip below gives me arranging ideas.

Thanks again for visiting,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nicely done!

I know I listen to this before, thought I left a comment but, DRAT, I guess I failed.
I won't miss it this time....you've created a wonderful song!
I think this one will have an expended life.

moto

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Noel,

This sounds really good man! It has a classic sound to it, so it may be just what they were looking for.

Great to hear you again!!

smile

Hi David,

Thanks for dropping by and having a listen. It's good to get back into a bit of songwriting. I didn't think that I was missing it. I was wrong. Now that I have completed this one, all of sudden I'm feeling enthusiastic about writing some more!

By the way, thanks for the comments, too.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Noel
Nice to have you back. This is a beautiful song and very well sung (I always enjoy your vocal style). I particularly like the chorus - both words and music. Fingers crossed your submission is successful.
Regards,
Leon

Hey Leon!

I really appreciate your visit. I'm glad you found some time to have a listen and to pass on a few thoughts. It would be nice to be successful but, at the end of day, it doesn't matter to me. This song got me back into music-making and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks for noticing the "Together we are music..." section. As wrote in my reply to J&B, the words to this section came really slowly. It probably took around two weeks for those lines to settle into something that appealed to me. Because it took a while to find the right words, it was very satisfying when they eventually settled into place!

Thanks again for the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is STUNNING writing. Really stunning. If I may be so bold as to dare to give a suggestion to the actual writer and performer of this song, it'd be just this: I wouldn't have the voice so "in front" of it all, in the mix. I would personally have it in mezzopiano or something (not so loud), somewhere more in the middle of the mix, perhaps more whispered, too? I honestly don't know, it's just a thought. I only dare voice it because the writing is SO beautiful, I thought I'd say what I personally would do differently. But, in short: don't mind me :-) It's stunning, stunning writing, and you should be proud of it! Really proud :-)

EDIT: on a second listen now, and warming up a little more to the sound levels, so it's probably just my ears. That said, I'll leave the suggestion above "as is" :-)

BRAVO.

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mglinert
Date: 30/03/2021
System: good PC speakers (with sub)
--------------------------------------------------

Hi there Noel, in time-honoured fashion ...

Song I Will Always Be There
Mix / Production
This is well put together with everything in place and the vocals nice and clear and prominent
Instrumentation
The solo guitar at 1:31 does sound slightly under-powered, even for the laid back feel of this track
Vocals
Pretty well sung, even when you get to the edge of your comfortable range (2:37) the semi-tone movements in the melody are well negotiated too.
What I really liked
Song structure – the ‘B’ section (Together, we are music) is especially well written
What could be improved
I’m hearing one or two lines with what I would consider as word-stress issues – forcing Noel to place the stress on an inappropriate syllable.
Overall impression
Successful project – maybe the laid-back card has been overplayed!
Writing in 3 / 4 is not as easy as it appears (I also tried it recently) so well done.

I of course, add mine to all the voices welcoming you back Noel with some new music. With my very best regards, Marc

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the welcome back. Also, I sincerely thank you for taking so much time to jot down your thoughts. They are AWESOME!!! Truly smile

A long time ago, I learnt that to get my songs to sound the best I possibly can, paying attention to feedback from others is very valuable. That's why I always ask for it. I hold no illusions at all about my limitations.

After reading your analysis, I went through each point while playing the song multiple times. When I was first assembling this song, I actually found the guitar a challenge to work with and I agree with your comment about it. Hopefully, I've smoothed it out a little. Also, in relation to the syllables, I wonder if there is a accent difference between your and my versions of English that might account for this. I know that there were a couple of syllables that I sang with excessive volume. Following your comment, I've now tamed those.

All in all, I want you to know that I'm very grateful for all the time you spent in listening and commenting. It was valuable to me.

Thank you!
Noel

P.S. It's good to say "Hi" again. It's been a longtime! Do you still work largely in MIDI? Your work was inspiring.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is such a pretty song. Sounds like it should be a winner to me.

Josie

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Thanks for getting back to me Noel and well done again on this song!

I review few contributions, but when I do I try to so thoroughly!
Thanks for your kind comment – my workflow is pretty much unchanged. I use b-i-a-b to help me structure the original idea and I produce an SMF which acts as a guide. I invariably re-record all the parts to get them how I want them to sound (all due respect to the crack musicians who have produced the MIDI styles and audio loops for PGMusic!).
I’ve just upgraded my music studio PC so I hope to be producing more new music very soon. (my last composition was the early 80’s themed [url=[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/dZNpDKVEMCI[/video] ]For now and forever[/url] in case you missed it)

I agree entirely with the points you make about listening to others and understanding shortfalls and limitations. That is why taking part in this forum is such an important process of the process.
There are some writers on this forum whose work I always look forward to hearing. You – of course – are one of them! smile
Take care

Marc

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Marc,

I just had a listen to your Youtube link above.

Music from the 1980s slipped past me. It's a period in time that I have no understanding of. Nor do I know how to go about creating the sound. That said, when I hear a song like yours, I immediately think 1980s. I'm no sure why that is.

You've done a great job writing this and creating the video. I'm impressed!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Noel,

You write some of the most beautiful music on this forum. This one is no exception - great stuff.

I particularly like your voice in this song - very emotive.

Loved it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for passing through the thread. It's always excellent to see you. Thank you also for the uplifting comments. You made me smile! I always appreciate that.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Noel96,

Very romantic composition. The guitar is in perfect harmony with your voice. It is pleasant to listen to. The dosage of the instruments is well thought out. well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi Derochette,

I'm glad you found some time to pop into my thread and have a listen to my song. I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you for your comments, too.

Kind regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Noel, you've written and performed a beautiful piece. Your song could fit in well in a live performance playlist of Michael Bublé or Barry Gibb.

Hi Charlie,

Thank you! You made my day. I'm pretty sure that the likelihood of Bublé or Gibb ever wanting one of my songs in their playlist is zero. Still, for a brief second there... smile

I appreciate your visit and that you had time to listen and comment.

All the very best to you,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
A beautiful song Noel. Vocals and backing/arrangement are first-class (the guitar is great).
Is there anything more heart-warming one person can say to another than "I Will Always Be There"?
Thanks for sharing, Noel.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for visiting! I'm grateful for your listen and comments. I always appreciate reading about how others hear my songs. By the time I get to posting, I would have heard a song a thousand or so times and, as a consequence, my objectivity is long gone.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Noel, you're a treasure. You have a distinctive style that is so captivating. I loved the melody and progression on this. Vocals to die for. Way to go.

Hi Tunemonger,

Thanks for dropping in!

I glad my "style" works. It's all I know how to do and I'd be up "that" proverbial creek if I had to try and change. On this song, I tried to sing softer than usual and that was quite a challenge for me. For some reason, though, the microphone helped soothe the sound! I'm now emboldened to try it again crazy

Thanks again for the visit.

May good things come your way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Howdy N96....

I like this one and happily echo all other comments.
You have a very special, soothing style in your songs that you have developed very well.
Kind of reminds me of the big band era....which I do love.
You are able to (for lack of better descriptions) croon in a way that's pleasing to the ears.

Well done.....keep up the good work!

Have a great day...

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Nicely done!

I know I listen to this before, thought I left a comment but, DRAT, I guess I failed.
I won't miss it this time....you've created a wonderful song!
I think this one will have an expended life.

moto

Hi Moto.

Thank you for having a listen smile I really appreciate your thoughts.

I totally understand about how "listening" and "commenting" don't always fit together like a hand and a glove. Just this morning I discovered that I listened to David Cuny's song ten days ago and forgot to comment on it (even though I had every intention on writing a few words).

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is STUNNING writing. Really stunning. If I may be so bold as to dare to give a suggestion to the actual writer and performer of this song, it'd be just this: I wouldn't have the voice so "in front" of it all, in the mix. I would personally have it in mezzopiano or something (not so loud), somewhere more in the middle of the mix, perhaps more whispered, too? I honestly don't know, it's just a thought. I only dare voice it because the writing is SO beautiful, I thought I'd say what I personally would do differently. But, in short: don't mind me :-) It's stunning, stunning writing, and you should be proud of it! Really proud :-)

EDIT: on a second listen now, and warming up a little more to the sound levels, so it's probably just my ears. That said, I'll leave the suggestion above "as is" :-)

BRAVO.

Hi James,

It's great to have you visit! Thank you for passing through the thread.

I sincerely appreciate your comments. Please, never feel hesitant about being critical of any aspect of my writing or presentation. I am honestly grateful for all feedback that helps be create a better mix. I'm well aware of my limitations!

After reading your thoughts, I went back and listened to my song and tried various volume settings. In other words, your comments were very valuable to me smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
This is such a pretty song. Sounds like it should be a winner to me.

Josie

Hi Josie,

It's terrific to see/read you!

Thank you for dropping in. I appreciate that you had time to have a listen.

May good things come your way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy N96....

I like this one and happily echo all other comments.
You have a very special, soothing style in your songs that you have developed very well.
Kind of reminds me of the big band era....which I do love.
You are able to (for lack of better descriptions) croon in a way that's pleasing to the ears.

Well done.....keep up the good work!

Have a great day...

Hi Chulaivet,

I really appreciate your visit and comments. As I'm re-reading them now, they made me smile once again. I can't remember ever reading "croon" being used to describe my singing. My partner usually just shouts out to shut the door smile

After reading your thoughts, it seems that, without any intention of mimicry on my part, I am indeed affected by what I listen to!

I love the Big Band and Tin Pan Alley era (1920'ish to 1960'ish). Some really fine songs were written in this period of time. Lyricists really shone and there was an understanding of lyric writing that seems to have become lost over the years. It's not an accident that so many incredible songs from this period have become "golden oldies" and "evergreens".

In other words, your comments made my day, month and probably even year!

Thank you for taking the time.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I love the Big Band and Tin Pan Alley era (1920'ish to 1960'ish). Some really fine songs were written in this period of time. Lyricists really shone and there was an understanding of lyric writing that seems to have become lost over the years. In other words, your comments made my day, month and probably even year! Thank you for taking the time. All the best, Noel

G'day mate....

I'm very pleased that my comments were received as intended. smile

You have obviously become very comfortable with your vocal style.
Include a tool like BIAB....what could be better for us song writers?
Something else I perceive about the 'era' we're discussing.
It was not only the lyrics of the time but how the songs were performed by those artists of the time.
A great live or recording performance can out weight other distasteful aspects of a song. (IE: dare I say....'his head was squirming like a toad')

As I stated regarding my last one, (Stanger Stange Land) I felt way out of my league with the lead vox....like I had to micro-croon....terrifying thought.
A slower vocal pace, phrasing requires better breathing, emoting...you get the idea. smile
But...the song evolved as they tend to do and I liked it enough to throw against the forum wall.

Thanks for the response....have a great weekend.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 05/01/21 10:04 AM.
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Chulaivet,

You're absolutely right. The singers were quite incredible.

I have often wondered how people like Bing Crosby, Doris Day, Judy Garland, Mel Torme, Frank Sinatra (just to name a few of many) managed to get such a good vocal sound when technology was practically nothing compared to what's possible today. You had to be good in those days and you had to have a voice that was microphone friendly.

By the way, if ever you want a good read on Tin Pan Alley lyrics and their history, the below book by Philip Furia is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/Poets-Tin-Pan-Alley-Paperbacks/dp/0195074734

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Noel96
You're absolutely right. Regards,
Noel

Oh great....that's certainly music to my ears.
Sometimes it seems like such an infrequent occurrence in my day to day life. smile

So...you just made my year too!

Carry on....back to topic.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 05/01/21 11:22 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,609
Posts735,038
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186