Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#649423 03/31/21 05:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Well, I've been doing a lot of reading on ancient history and religion and it appears that for about 10,000 years women were in charge of religion, temples, medicine, law, city planning, reading and writing and just about everything else.

Until the men took over and ruined everything and drove the planet to the brink of an apocalypse.

Sounds like song to me.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/dancing-with-the-goddess

Dancing with the Goddess
By David Snyder

Intro

Ooooww! You know God is a Woman
And if you don’t know it, you’re about to know it!
Mmmm. You know I’m going to tell it now

V1

In the days of Nisaba
Back in good old Aratta
She was getting down, she was getting down
In the days of Babylon
They said Girl what’s going on
She was a Goddess, a Goddess all around

CH:

And I’m dancing, dancing with the Goddess
And I’m walking, walking in the fire
Can’t get no higher
Cause I’m getting down, dancing uptown
Got to throw her love
Throw it all around
Cause I’m dancing
Dancing with the Goddess now
Oh yes I am

V2

I am walking in her room
I can smell her sweet perfume
Getting underneath my skin
I have more than I desire
Cause the woman is on fire
Breathing out
And breathing in

CH:

And I’m dancing, dancing with the Goddess
And I’m walking, walking in the fire
Can’t get no higher
Caause I’m getting down, dancing uptown
Got to throw her love
Throw it all around
Cause I’m dancing
Dancing with the Goddess now
Oh yes I am

Inst.

CH

All words and music copyright David Snyder 2021, ASCAP/Day of Faith Records

David Snyder: Guitar, Bass, Vocals and additional instrumentation, David Snyder

****** Song Summary *************

RealTracks in style: 2619:Organ, Rhythm Funk Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 1998:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealDrums [in style:RootsyFunkPerc^2-a:SnareKick, b:Ride
RT1437 Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110.WAV
RT1443:Sax, Alto, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Outstanding groove! Love the instrumentation. The mix is perfect; I'll bet it was a job getting this to sound so good! I liked your vocal also.

Super song!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Funky Snyder,

I do hope they had your cape ready when you finished that. So much energy I was sweating just from listening!!

Nice job on the guitars. Killer vocal (that made MY throat soar).

Good mix.

A great listen!

fj

(JUST what I thought she would look like!)

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G
very creative with a lot of energy.

Last edited by Gary Weder; 04/04/21 03:09 AM.
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Is it James Brown????
Noooooooo... it is David Snyder...

Well, I got fooled on April the first... wink

Very well done!
Will

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David, WOW! That was a mind-blower!

Hope you survived that session! smile

Absolutely loved it.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune David. Cool vocal. I imagine the vocal chords were a little raw after that one. Well done..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

I want me some of that Goddess fire! After your intro blurb I was about to research ancient matriarchal traditions and then you funked that out the window.
Very brave possessed vocal ( been a while since we heard that side of your music) and the backtrack is crazy good ( even that too fast sax works).
Looking forward to hearing where this historical process takes you next.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, what a James Brown voice you have got, superfunky with some Latin flavor. Absolute the best funk song I have heard on this forum. You have turned that history and our Goddesses, the source of the eternal inspiration, into hot sweating sexy tune. You surely have had lots and lots of fun making this, the instrumentation is superb, even the super fast sax playing. And the chord progression is really imaginative. Excellent from the start to end, and the ending yell is hilarious smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Ha! You always bring a lot of energy to your songs, but this is a whole new level.

Clever write, and a backing track with the energy to match. I'm a bit sad you didn't go with more historical references in the later verses, but it sounded like you were just going where the spirit led you. wink

People commented about the insane speed of the sax, but I think that just helped push it even further over the top.

A nit - the vocal seemed placed a bit back in the mix. But it might just be my ears - it's full-bloom allergy season in the valley.

Fun song! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thematically far, far removed but the funky groove reminded us of a show we saw with Steve Winwood and Randall Bramblett.

We've both taken recent dives in medieval historical fiction where the ladies ruled...literally.

Your instrumental performances and the vocal showed yet another Dave Snyder facet ... one of a host of them that are all hugely entertaining.

Well done and fun!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
So..... Off your meds again?

Seriously interesting funk groove you have going on. There's a lot of things to hear in there.

That vocal.... Had me wondering how you pulled it off. I'd have been unable to talk above a whisper for a week after that.

I liked the song. Parts were nicely melodic while others simply tossed any concept of melody out the window. It all came together nicely.

I was especially intrigued by the lyric writing.

Mix was nice and clean.

Good job.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Mr. Snyder...

Ha, ha, ya' see what happens when a guy connects to the female power in the universe??? You got liberated, dude! The powerhouse music, the wildly celebratory, near-orgiastic lyrics, and most especially your break-out vocal proves that the 'The Muse' was just a'waitin' on ya' to claim the other half of your ancestral energy smile.

Hey, I'm a guy, too, and I believe that 'Dancing with the Goddess' is one the most primal, fearless, liberating, no-holds-barred and shout-it-out-to-the-world performances I've ever heard on this here User's Forum. You really opened yourself up and let it loose. There should be a video produced for this.

By the way, my reading has taken me down the path you've traveled and it's changed my life, too, in terms of empowering, improving and refining my relationships with women. Maybe you've checked out When God Was A Woman by Ms. Merlin Stone. Herodotus's History of the World includes a chapter about ancient Egypt that validates the political primacy of women in government in that particular society during the time of Herodotus's visit during the 4th century B.C.

Last, but not least, the late Marilyn French, in her book, The War Between Men and Women, theorized that the reason why the very ancient matriarchal and matrilineal order-of-things in the world succumbed to the new patriarchal order was because men realized they could destroy forms of life faster than our Mother Nature could create, nuture, and sustain them (or, so we thought), which is the apocalypse you described. But, hey, we're just framing the song in some interesting historical information, here, right? Right laugh !!!

Great work, man.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, what an emotional and energetic taste of history. Love those changes and the instrumentation selection. That sax player sounds like she needs to get to the bathroom. I was almost expecting you to throw off the cape and get back "to the bridge". Well done, David.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Thanks Mr. Jane!

Yes, I was able to make it into the cape, and after that the hot tub!

Ooow!!! It's hot in here!

My next song will be about dancing with the Goddess in the hot tub! Owwww! Gotta get it!

Yeah!!!!

Thanks man!

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

It's been a while!

There is no doubt about it at all! Your creativity is in the stratosphere somewhere. I mean this as a very sincere compliment. I'm envious! It's incredible what you think of and how you go about using it.

I don't know how your voice lasted the distance on this one. It was a huge effort!

Loved it!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
David,
Wild tune, lots of meat on the bones. Psycho-Jazz-Blues?
Fun vocals, arrangement! Good listen. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Thanks Gary! I appreciate that! Glad you liked it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

I was wondering how many times you had to record the vocals without the clipping danger?
And how hoarse were you at the end? Were you still able to speak?
I had the same feelings when James Brown did his performance.
Well, you are absolutely his successor!

About the subject, most of us (will) know women were very much involved with spiritual things, reading and making poems and caring for crying babies. But they let men get away with (most of) it. Only the crying babies they kept. Why did women let men do that?
Well you yelled a lot about that, but you're right, they are still goddesses for us. Don't they?

A great song!
Enjoyed it a lot!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
If someone played me this song and told me it was from someone on the PG forum, I would be totally puzzled for about 2 minutes, and then say......"Got to be David"!!!! Really well put together.......energetic, frenetic, and maybe a bit hallucinogenic!!! Love it David!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195