Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#650048 04/04/21 04:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Honey Babe

ReggaBillyFunk? A traditional bluegrass/folk tune with the melody dating to the 18th century and zillions of lyric variations. Thanks for checking it out and comments are appreciated and welcomed!

Shoutouts to PG Music and PeterF for the fun factor smile

Janice: Lead vocal, harmony vocals, arrangement and percussion (cajon)
Peter: Guitar solos, “organ” solos riffs/fills via Helix Emulator on guitar and arrangement
Bud: Mix, vocal/cajon engineering, mastering, arrangement and photo.

Tech stuff for those so inclined.

Drums/percussion:
Drums: RealDrums Reggae Classic (all kicks removed) > Waves CLA Drums
Crash cymbal > Waves CLA Drums
BiaB Loops PAK: World Drums Acoustic Reggae > Waves CLA Drums
Cajon 1 (Janice): Sound hole mic > Waves CLA Drums
Cajon 2 (Janice): Ambient mic > Waves CLA Drums
Handclaps 1 > 140 EMT Plate Reverb sim
Handclaps 2 > 140 EMT Plate Reverb sim

Bass: RealTrack 1157 Electric, Reggae > Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3
Piano: RealTrack 1160 Acoustic, Rhythm Reggae > Waves CLA Unplugged
Guitar Rhythm: RealTrack 1158 Electric, Rhythm Reggae

Vocal Tracks: Nectar 3, Waves CLA Vocals and Logic Pro EQ

Mastering: Ozone 9 EQ > Ozone 9 Multi-band compression > Ozone 9 Imager > Ozone 9 Limiter > Tonal Balance 2 > Logic Pro Loudness Meter

© 2021 Trad Arr B. Merritt, J. Merritt & P. Fulham
(a public domain tune for which we own all rights to our interpretation)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Had a couple of listens to this from the Facebook page. Love this. What a cool rhythm to this song. Awesome vocal. Love Peters guitar. Cool effects used. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Janice & Bud,

This composition changes the style we are used to with you. But, excellent musicians and singer, you have understood the reggae style well. It is a pleasant composition that you propose. I appreciated. Well done.

kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Love ReggaBillyFunk!

Probably the most offbeat tune I have heard by this talented team, and it sounds awesome! Fun, crisp vocals! Cool & funky guitar by Peter (wah wah pedal?). Bud, excellent sound. Enjoyed it a lot!
Time to do an original? I think you got the right ingredients for ReggaBillyFunk genre! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Had a couple of listens to this from the Facebook page. Love this. What a cool rhythm to this song. Awesome vocal. Love Peters guitar. Cool effects used. Well done

Thanks Scott. It was a fun project.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The romance version of reggae was referred to a Lovers' Rock...this is really cool.
Solid rhythm and that kick replacement works a treat with Sly & Robbie thud and bounce everywhere it should be.
Cool guitar licks, cool vocal licks, cool mixing.
Well done team. I enjoyed it enormously.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool version of this song!

I will admit that my ALL TIME favorite version of this song can be found here.>>>
Best Version of This song

I would be curious your thoughts.
Some people just know how to make a good song great!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Reggae blues, I didn't see this coming from you smile
Janice's voice is perfectly made for reggae (also).
Nicely swinging rhythm bed. Very solid arrangement and the organ and guitar solos are very tasty.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice / Bud / Peter,

WOW! This is just great. I love the feel of this - you guys have a unique combination of things going on here that really make this song stand out.

Going back for another couple of listens...

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B and Peter,
This is excellent; the vocals so relaxed and warm, percussion crisp and that guitar/organ effect so well done...and it really sounds like you had fun.
Very cool.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bud, Janice and Peter,

Something different but a very amusing song.
I think a song like this fits with the new times in your country.
And...I like the double vocals very much.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Janice & Bud,

This composition changes the style we are used to with you. But, excellent musicians and singer, you have understood the reggae style well. It is a pleasant composition that you propose. I appreciated. Well done.

kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks for the comments and for listening to a bit of reggae!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I enjoyed it. Especially the production chops.

I like how you find those old songs and update them.

Good work to all involved

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C

Thanks Scott - the organ sound throughout was done through the Helix which whilst it mainly emulates amps and pedals does have a few synth and organ sounds. The guitar sounding guitar was through a wah pedal.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, lordy me, what a great sound. A very creative version of this. I once played this in a band but the girl didn't drip the honey like Janice does. Excellent vocal --no surprise there. Peter is a treat to any studio, especially mixed with a mastering mind like yours, Bud. Sweet honey!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
LOVE it!

GORGEOUS vocals and harmonies!!

Cool guitar.

Tasty organ! (from a guitar!!!)

Excellent percussion. Well done.

An awesome mix.

Infectious as hell.

<stamp> As. Good. As. It. Gets. </stamp>

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Love ReggaBillyFunk!

Probably the most offbeat tune I have heard by this talented team, and it sounds awesome! Fun, crisp vocals! Cool & funky guitar by Peter (wah wah pedal?). Bud, excellent sound. Enjoyed it a lot!
Time to do an original? I think you got the right ingredients for ReggaBillyFunk genre! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha. We’re glad you liked the genre smile

Thanks for mentioning the mix. The drums and percussion were a bit of a challenge.

We appreciate it all!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Indie-Americana at it's finest. Respectful but very fresh. Clear as a bell mix that highlights every sparkling hit and lick. Really nice stuff.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Another great collaboration. Nice reworking of what I understand to be an old trad song. Nice vocals (I'm glad you didn't try to sound Jamaican - it is much more true sounding). Great mix. And, as always, great lead guitar by Peter. Nice job everyone - the band too!

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I've listened to this a few times, and I have to say it's one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

Love the arrangement, just so well done with all the percussive elements.

Janice sounds awesome, both the main vocal and harmonies, and love the tasty leads from Peter.

Great mix!!

Man, this is just so creative on every level.

ReggaBillyFunk? Yeah, I dig it wink

Well done, folks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195