Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
A nice soothing ballad, everything about it was cool, love it.

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for having a listen. I'm grateful that you found time to visit.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Noel96,

Very romantic composition. The guitar is in perfect harmony with your voice. It is pleasant to listen to. The dosage of the instruments is well thought out. well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Excellent Lyrics! Simply top notch. Lovely sentiment.

much enjoyed!

Hi Lawrence!

It's great to see you. I really glad you found the time to have a listen. I appreciate your time and your comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Absolutely beautiful, in fact absolutely sensationally beautiful, Noel.

Your dedication to helping and supporting others shines through, no matter where or who they are.

Masterful production, with the exact degree of complexity all delivered through its beautiful arrangement.

Congratulations are definitely called for. smile

Hi Trev,

I hope all is travelling well for you on the other side of Greensborough. Melbourne seems to have stepped back into a nearly normal mode, these days.

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen. I seriously appreciate it and your comments brought a smile. Thank you for those, too.

May good things come your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, you definitely nailed their request, Noel. "As long as Earth keeps turning..." Man, this is a can't-miss hit.

Hi BabuMusic!

Thanks for your really kind words. I'm sitting here chuckling a bit now after having read them again. I think that I need to dispel the myth that "this is a can't-miss hit". Mind you, if Asterisk Digital thought like that it would be great.

As Hal David once wrote to a Burt Bacharach melody, I'll just keep on "Wishin' and Hopin'."

Thank you for the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Noel, you've written and performed a beautiful piece. Your song could fit in well in a live performance playlist of Michael Bublé or Barry Gibb.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
A beautiful song Noel. Vocals and backing/arrangement are first-class (the guitar is great).
Is there anything more heart-warming one person can say to another than "I Will Always Be There"?
Thanks for sharing, Noel.
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, you're a treasure. You have a distinctive style that is so captivating. I loved the melody and progression on this. Vocals to die for. Way to go.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Noel love the vocal really great job and great choice of tracks well done thanks Eric

Hi Eric!

Thank you for dropping in. I really appreciate that you had time to stop and listen.

Believe it or not, when I was trying to find Realtracks for this song, I came across RT1498, and the minute I heard it, you and your wonderful lyrical guitar playing sprang to mind. I knew that when this happened, this was the track I needed to use. So it seems that my years of listening to your work actually helped me with the production of this song.

Thank you!

Thanks for your comments. too.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
This is really, really good. Nobody does sincere like you do. smile

Heartfelt vocal, great lyrics, and an rhythmically interesting melody that doesn't need a lot of chord changes or drumming to make it work.

Well recorded and good mix as well.

Did I mention that this is really good?

Welcome back! laugh

Hi David,

It's good to be back. I'm feeling happy now that I can get into some more songwriting.

Thanks for having a listen. I'm grateful that you had a bit a time to spare. The day I recorded this, I had a bit of hay fever and I was feeling slightly stuffed up. My throat was also a bit sore. I think this might have helped my vocals in some strange way! The big test is to see if I can do it again some other time.

Thanks again. I sincerely appreciate your visit.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Noel,

Wonderful tune! I had a chance to listen to this a few days back. I loved it then, and listening a second time, love it more now. Really sweat, endearing tune. From a production standpoint, I admire how clean your songs are—artful in the simplicity, everything ringing so clear, resonating. Lovely vocal as well. Outstanding work here!

All my best to you,

Deej

Hi Deej.

It's always good to read you. Whenever you stop by, listen and write a few comments, you always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time. I honestly appreciate it.

I can only work with "simplicity." Once I start trying to mix and arrange too many sounds, my brain doesn't know where to turn! So I discovered that if I try to work with a 3-to-5-piece group, I can usually come up with something.

In case you're interested, I spend a lot of time on YouTube, much of it in South Korea, listening to acoustic and acoustic-electric music like the song below. While I don't understand the words, the kind music in the clip below gives me arranging ideas.

Thanks again for visiting,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nicely done!

I know I listen to this before, thought I left a comment but, DRAT, I guess I failed.
I won't miss it this time....you've created a wonderful song!
I think this one will have an expended life.

moto

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Noel,

This sounds really good man! It has a classic sound to it, so it may be just what they were looking for.

Great to hear you again!!

smile

Hi David,

Thanks for dropping by and having a listen. It's good to get back into a bit of songwriting. I didn't think that I was missing it. I was wrong. Now that I have completed this one, all of sudden I'm feeling enthusiastic about writing some more!

By the way, thanks for the comments, too.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Noel
Nice to have you back. This is a beautiful song and very well sung (I always enjoy your vocal style). I particularly like the chorus - both words and music. Fingers crossed your submission is successful.
Regards,
Leon

Hey Leon!

I really appreciate your visit. I'm glad you found some time to have a listen and to pass on a few thoughts. It would be nice to be successful but, at the end of day, it doesn't matter to me. This song got me back into music-making and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks for noticing the "Together we are music..." section. As wrote in my reply to J&B, the words to this section came really slowly. It probably took around two weeks for those lines to settle into something that appealed to me. Because it took a while to find the right words, it was very satisfying when they eventually settled into place!

Thanks again for the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This is STUNNING writing. Really stunning. If I may be so bold as to dare to give a suggestion to the actual writer and performer of this song, it'd be just this: I wouldn't have the voice so "in front" of it all, in the mix. I would personally have it in mezzopiano or something (not so loud), somewhere more in the middle of the mix, perhaps more whispered, too? I honestly don't know, it's just a thought. I only dare voice it because the writing is SO beautiful, I thought I'd say what I personally would do differently. But, in short: don't mind me :-) It's stunning, stunning writing, and you should be proud of it! Really proud :-)

EDIT: on a second listen now, and warming up a little more to the sound levels, so it's probably just my ears. That said, I'll leave the suggestion above "as is" :-)

BRAVO.

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mglinert
Date: 30/03/2021
System: good PC speakers (with sub)
--------------------------------------------------

Hi there Noel, in time-honoured fashion ...

Song I Will Always Be There
Mix / Production
This is well put together with everything in place and the vocals nice and clear and prominent
Instrumentation
The solo guitar at 1:31 does sound slightly under-powered, even for the laid back feel of this track
Vocals
Pretty well sung, even when you get to the edge of your comfortable range (2:37) the semi-tone movements in the melody are well negotiated too.
What I really liked
Song structure – the ‘B’ section (Together, we are music) is especially well written
What could be improved
I’m hearing one or two lines with what I would consider as word-stress issues – forcing Noel to place the stress on an inappropriate syllable.
Overall impression
Successful project – maybe the laid-back card has been overplayed!
Writing in 3 / 4 is not as easy as it appears (I also tried it recently) so well done.

I of course, add mine to all the voices welcoming you back Noel with some new music. With my very best regards, Marc

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the welcome back. Also, I sincerely thank you for taking so much time to jot down your thoughts. They are AWESOME!!! Truly smile

A long time ago, I learnt that to get my songs to sound the best I possibly can, paying attention to feedback from others is very valuable. That's why I always ask for it. I hold no illusions at all about my limitations.

After reading your analysis, I went through each point while playing the song multiple times. When I was first assembling this song, I actually found the guitar a challenge to work with and I agree with your comment about it. Hopefully, I've smoothed it out a little. Also, in relation to the syllables, I wonder if there is a accent difference between your and my versions of English that might account for this. I know that there were a couple of syllables that I sang with excessive volume. Following your comment, I've now tamed those.

All in all, I want you to know that I'm very grateful for all the time you spent in listening and commenting. It was valuable to me.

Thank you!
Noel

P.S. It's good to say "Hi" again. It's been a longtime! Do you still work largely in MIDI? Your work was inspiring.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is such a pretty song. Sounds like it should be a winner to me.

Josie

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Thanks for getting back to me Noel and well done again on this song!

I review few contributions, but when I do I try to so thoroughly!
Thanks for your kind comment – my workflow is pretty much unchanged. I use b-i-a-b to help me structure the original idea and I produce an SMF which acts as a guide. I invariably re-record all the parts to get them how I want them to sound (all due respect to the crack musicians who have produced the MIDI styles and audio loops for PGMusic!).
I’ve just upgraded my music studio PC so I hope to be producing more new music very soon. (my last composition was the early 80’s themed [url=[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/dZNpDKVEMCI[/video] ]For now and forever[/url] in case you missed it)

I agree entirely with the points you make about listening to others and understanding shortfalls and limitations. That is why taking part in this forum is such an important process of the process.
There are some writers on this forum whose work I always look forward to hearing. You – of course – are one of them! smile
Take care

Marc

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Marc,

I just had a listen to your Youtube link above.

Music from the 1980s slipped past me. It's a period in time that I have no understanding of. Nor do I know how to go about creating the sound. That said, when I hear a song like yours, I immediately think 1980s. I'm no sure why that is.

You've done a great job writing this and creating the video. I'm impressed!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Noel,

You write some of the most beautiful music on this forum. This one is no exception - great stuff.

I particularly like your voice in this song - very emotive.

Loved it.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for passing through the thread. It's always excellent to see you. Thank you also for the uplifting comments. You made me smile! I always appreciate that.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199