Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
MarioD’s birthday reminded me, I’ve met Mario, Pat Marr (twice), and John Ford. All great experiences.

I know Pat makes an effort to travel for this purpose so I expect his list will be long. He even attempted organizing a BIAB reunion a few years ago.

How about you?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat Marr once, and 1 I knew before I joined. In fact if not for him I never would have known BIAB existed, so you have him to thank/blame for me being here.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We’ve met floyd/spouse, Pat and Tom/spouse.

Plus regular FaceTime meetings with Peter/spouse.

Wonderful friends all.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat Marr and Charlie Fogle.

I've only met Pat twice even though we live pretty close to each other. That is totally my fault though because I'm an introvert and hermit by nature.

I've known Charlie for a long time laugh but it has been too long since we've enjoyed each others company.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Jim, you would have hit the daily double when I was down there had you not been busy!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Very true Eddie. I regret missing the opportunity.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Very true Eddie. I regret missing the opportunity.

Well, "opportunity" is pushing the envelope a bit.....

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have met Matt, Pat Marr, and Danny Campo. Next year I hope to make the trip that has been cancelled twice already down south and hopefully met some of the other forum members.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Funny...I never met anyone here.

On The international forum OHM Studio I met six or seven people plus wives and kids in France, Spain, Italy, and Switzerland. One couple from Switzerland and one couple from Canada came to visit me here in Florida.

Musicians and people in Europe in general seem to be less fearful of meeting new people.

Even in years past when I had my sailboat in the Med I met a zillion people. There was access as things were not locked behind iron gates like here in the US. Much safer countries with not much violence.

I hope I live long enough to see this pandemic over and Europe return to normal.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I should add that if any forum members are going to Niagara Falls and want to meet up let me know. I live about an 1.5 hours away from it and I could meet you there.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I met Pat Marr a number of years ago when he took his famous road trip. He spent the night and we hung out talking about music and things....

I also know and have met David Snyder, numerous times. We live just a short distance apart and before the covid closed the world, we had songwriter meetings monthly in Raleigh where often we were both in attendance.

There's many here who I feel like I have met through working on songs together but not in person.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 04/12/21 04:09 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Pat Marr

We met up for lunch at Ruby Tuesdays when he was passing through Mobile on the way to Pensacola.

Pat and I both grew up in Pennsylvania and discovered that we had mutual friends after we connected.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

Musicians and people in Europe in general seem to be less fearful of meeting new people.

I didn’t think twice about going out and meeting Pat; however, my wife somewhat tried to discourage me from doing so. She asked me if I was 100% sure he wasn’t an axe murderer.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: KeithS
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

I didn’t think twice about going out and meeting Pat; however, my wife somewhat tried to discourage me from doing so. She asked me if I was 100% sure he wasn’t an axe murderer.

Bwahahahahaha... my wife said the very same thing....( "Oh that's just great! You invite some guy from the internet you have never met and don't know to come and stay with us? But honey, he's a musician. Yeah, so was Charles Manson and see how that ended? ) and Pat was going to sleep in his car in my driveway because maybe he thought the same thing about us..... we did convince him we were harmless, and he stayed in our guest room that evening.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 04/13/21 04:12 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
interesting thread! Thanks for starting it Matt!

My efforts to put faces to the names of friends in the forum started in 2013 when I learned that John (Silvertones) lived in western NC. John was already doing what I wanted to do (playing solo with backing tracks) and I wanted to see his setup and procedures. Drove over to see him and posted several videos of the visit, including some interesting discussions of how he creates his magic. I believe John has since moved to Texas, so I was lucky to catch him while he was still within driving distance.

I think it was the summer of 2015 when Streetjelly (located in Easter Tennessee near Pigeon Forge) hosted a get together. At the time JoAnne Cooper was performing regularly on SJ and she made the trip from South Africa where she lives to attend the get-together in Tennessee. Knowing she would probably never be that close again, I drove across the Great Smoky mountains to meet her briefly, then drove back home the same day. That woman has a lot of energy! she keeps a lot of tasks going at the same time.. my hat is off to her!

Jim Fogle lives in my town of Winston-Salem NC. I think we've met 3 times at various restaurants (twice just the 2 of us, and once with Charlie Fogle, his brother)

I met Charlie twice.. once on the road trip and once when he visited Jim here in Town. When I visited Charlie at his home in SC, he let me play his double neck Gibson which he has since sold to a collector or museum, I forget which. That was a highlight of my trip. Charlie has a standing offer of free steak dinner any time he comes here for a visit. (Hint hint)

Matt Finley has family in Richmond Va., and so do I. Somehow I learned he would be in Richmond at the same time I was visiting my family, and we arranged to meet at a restaurant where a friend of Matt's was playing live music. Then a few years later I traveled to Lake George NY where Matt had been playing an annual jazz show for 31 years. Turns out I caught the last of his shows. The group disbanded after that... so I feel quite lucky to have been there for the grand finale. Matt's wife is also a musician, and she played at the concert too, which made the trip twice as worthwhile!

Mario was also in attendance for the same show, so I got to spend time with him and his dear wife before, during and after the show. I have relatives in New York State, near where Mario lives, so I expect to see him again someday.

Eddie is another road trip kind of guy, and he passed through Winston-Salem a few years ago. He let me know he was coming so we were able to connect during his stay in town. Since then he has built a very cool camper so I hope a future road trip brings him this way again because I want to see it in person!

Also a couple years ago Tommy Adams and his wife camped in NC, and I drove to spend the day with them. Bud and Janice were also there! How cool is that?? You'd think we would play music, but the recurring theme when people who have only known each other online finally meet in person is great conversation. Tommy will be camping In NC again this year, and I'll make it a point to visit him again. There are some great mountain biking trails near where Tommy will be camping this year... (I know Bud and Janice are mountain bikers, and it would be great to see them again... hint hint)

The road trip I took allowed me to meet so many people that I'm reluctant to start naming them for fear of forgetting somebody. But here's my best recollection:

Starting in NC, I visited GuitarHacker (Herb)...
... then drove to SC to meet Charlie Fogle.
... Then drove to Atlanta to meet RYSZARD, whom I haven't seen on the forum since. (Hope it isn't because of me!)
He had ordered a Gretsch Country Gentleman and it was delivered the day I visited. We recorded the event and posted a video
... then I drove to meet Al David and his dear wife
... then onward to Louisiana where I met Danny Campo and Kajun Jeaux. Danny took me along on a gig. Let me tell ya, Danny Campo is a pro. He has his act together which is why he's my mentor. Kajun Jeaux showed me his recording studio... which is a REAL recording studio, not the typical basement music room!
... on the way from Louisiana to Fla I made a stop in Alabama to have lunch with KeithS! That was a VERY interesting meeting! As he said above, we grew up not far apart in Pa. and have some common friends! Life is full of coincidences!
... then to Florida where I met John Ford, Floyd Jane, Tommy Adams and Notes Norton. I was lucky to arrive on a day when Notes and his dear wife Leilani had a gig! It was great to see them in action.. they really know how to work their audience! It was clear that many people in the audience are regulars who view them as friends. There was a lot of love in that show.

I had hoped to meet a few other people but for various reasons those visits didn't materialize.

If this Covid mess ever ends, I want to take a road trip to the west coast, at which time I'll be looking for people in that direction who might want to meet.

Since starting to perform online I've made friends with residents of Vancouver and Vancouver island. If I make it out to visit them, it would be great to stop by the offices of PGMusic, which I believe is located on Vancouver island. Can anybody tell me if visitors are allowed at work?

My town of Winston Salem is located on I-40, which goes all the way from the Atlantic to the Pacific. It's also located between I-81 and I-95 which are major north-South routes along the east coast. If anybody finds themselves traveling these routes, you have a standing invitation to visit. I'll even feed you. Just message me here by PM to let me know when you're coming.

If you don't want a full fledged visit, I'll be happy to drive to a restaurant along your route to meet you. You've got to stop for gas and food anyway!

Last edited by Pat Marr; 04/13/21 05:50 AM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I want to end by saying that EVERY SINGLE PERSON I met really impressed me. The conversation was better than I would have imagined. The kindness and hospitality they offered was much more than I could have asked for. In every case it was as if we had known one another for years.... and I'm an introvert who doesn't warm up to people easily. So the results I got say far more about the goodness of the people I met than it says about me.

When my wife died, it really occurred to me that we all have a limited number of minutes on the planet. Time is the most precious resource, and its up to each of us to spend it wisely. There are a hundred ways to get more money, but there are zero ways to get more time. I feel totally blessed by the willingness of so many people to spend some of their minutes with me. I say that with total sincerity. For me, it was time well spent. I can only hope my presence did not subtract from anyone else's quality of life; but I can say for sure that I will cherish each of those visits. I hope there are more to come.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pat, you need to get out more.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, the door is still open here in St. Louis if your travels come out this way.

At some point Eddie and I will probably meet as well.

I wouldn't mind stopping up in the Chicago area at some point to meet a few forum members. I lived in that area for a while in the 80s.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
At some point Eddie and I will probably meet as well.

Likely mid to late fall as it starts cooling off up north. It used to be much easier to plan because the weather was way more stable and predictable. The last 15-20 years has seen a bit of an inversion where the south seems to get more northern-like weather in winter. For me there is nothing funnier than watching people in Atlanta drive when they get that inch of snow... LOL!

The former northerners who have moved south still remember how to drive on it, but those who only see it a few days per year are lost, and when you add to that cities that don't have the experience and equipment to handle it that makes it worse. I love the thought of North Carolina where the winter snow melts off by 10am. I once contemplated moving there but there is too much of my personal life here that really prevents that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have found in my almost 70 spins around the sun that people generally fall into 3 categories. You have people who are really talented, some multi talented, and don't believe that they are. Then there's the other group who have NO talent and think they do to a very unappreciated level. And that group right in between that know they are okay but not going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone. I went from that first group when I was young, to that 3rd group when I got into my 50s, to that 2nd group now in my older years. I can really barely play anymore. Fortunately you get to keep the knowledge you gather along the journey, but the physical skills have pretty much forsaken me. I have no reason to have all those guitars (other than I can!) because I can barely grip the neck and hold a pick. My fingers won't do what my brain knows they are supposed to. This is why this software is a godsend for me. For a couple of hundred buck every year I have a band that is ready when the mood to write hits me.

Pat is in that first group. Between music and his graphics/animation work, he's quite talented.

Last edited by eddie1261; 04/13/21 08:51 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195