Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
I enjoyed your well-written lyrics. Very interesting this research in the double voice which goes wonderfully well. The singer's voice appears less synthetic than the singer. Nice demonstration through a nice melody. Well done.

Hi, Derochette.

Thanks, I appreciate your encouraging words. laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
David,

Beautiful song!
Your creativity after using Synthesizer V, Eleanor Forte (Lite) is amazing.
It's as if the sleeping thing exploded.
I also love the story of Peter Pan, and I have written a song about WENDY in the past.
I love your story too.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Such a fun journey, David. I listened to both version, and prefer the female --not just because I usually do, but the content seems to fit better. (well, that's a pretty useless comment). I like how you compose with passion and purpose, and I really like The Backstory --entertaining AND informative and useful. Yes, I caught all the references except the rabbit. i was trying to fit it in Alice's rabbit hole.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Beautiful song!
Your creativity after using Synthesizer V, Eleanor Forte (Lite) is amazing.
It's as if the sleeping thing exploded.

Hi, Shigeki.

Thanks! Although the "explosion" is because I've been forcing myself to write lyrics this year. Having SynthV means one less excuse for not getting it done, because I can always record the lyrics, not matter what else is going in in the house.

Quote:
I also love the story of Peter Pan, and I have written a song about WENDY in the past.
I love your story too.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to stop and listen. laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Such a fun journey, David. I listened to both version, and prefer the female --not just because I usually do, but the content seems to fit better. (well, that's a pretty useless comment).

I'll admit, the female lead worked out better than I thought it would. I could spend more time cleaning it up, but I think I'll focus on the next song instead.

Quote:
I like how you compose with passion and purpose, and I really like The Backstory --entertaining AND informative and useful.

Well, if you call banging my head against the wall passion... wink

Quote:
Yes, I caught all the references except the rabbit. i was trying to fit it in Alice's rabbit hole.

They're related, which is probably why I thought of in the first place.

I also took liberties with the word "old" here. The original line was:

Stuffed rabbit in a field
telling others he is real

But without context, it was hard to understand the word "stuffed". By putting it into a less fragmented sentence, I hoped to make it easier to understand, although "old" really doesn't happen until later in the story. Call it poetic license. laugh

Perhaps something like this would eliminate the ambiguity:

Velveteen rabbit in a field
tells wild rabbits he is real

I'll give it some more consideration.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Great melody and lyrics! I think it's cool that it's possible to try out vocals with synthesized voices nowadays, but I really hope you'll consider letting a real person record vocals for such a great song.

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very pretty song!!! It really creates a mood......thoughtful and melancholy!! I thinks the vocaloid is quite good in this song. VERY nice David!! Take care. Greg

BTW, which EZ keys midi pack did you use?

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Alexander Paul
Great melody and lyrics! I think it's cool that it's possible to try out vocals with synthesized voices nowadays, but I really hope you'll consider letting a real person record vocals for such a great song.

Hi, Alexander.

Yes, I'd like to go back and add "real" vocalists to some of these.

Thanks!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very pretty song!!! It really creates a mood......thoughtful and melancholy!! I thinks the vocaloid is quite good in this song. VERY nice David!!

Thanks, Greg!

Quote:
BTW, which EZ keys midi pack did you use?

Sorry, I should have been more clear in the notes. All the instruments are BiaB.

EZMix is an multi-effects VST - it's got stuff like reverb, chorus, and so on. In the future, I'll try to mention which effects were used so it's more clear what I'm using it for.

Glad you could stop and listen!

And I hope you enjoy the rain tomorrow. smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

An Outstanding Write!!! A wonderful list of childhood memories sequenced well to tell a story of their own. Killer chorus. The 2nd verse is stronger than the 1st. And the 1st is very strong.

The underlying tracks are supportive, never getting-in-the-way. Just as they should be for a write such as this. The mix is very good.

Love the weaving of the girl-sung lyrics into/around the original lyric.

COOL song!!!

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work David.

Preferred the female version, and it is indeed a pretty song with a well written melody.

Nicely arranged and produced.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David, you have that vocaloid down pat. This is the best synthetic voice I have ever heard.

The song is great also.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great David!

You are on a roll this year!

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
An Outstanding Write!!! A wonderful list of childhood memories sequenced well to tell a story of their own. Killer chorus. The 2nd verse is stronger than the 1st. And the 1st is very strong.

Coming from you, that means a lot to me - thanks! smile

Quote:

COOL song!!!

Squee!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Preferred the female version, and it is indeed a pretty song with a well written melody.

Hi, Peter.

Thanks!

I didn't think the pairing would work out that nicely, so it shows how little I know. wink

Glad you could stop by for a listen!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
David, you have that vocaloid down pat. This is the best synthetic voice I have ever heard.

The song is great also.

Hi, Mario.

Good to hear from you!

Thanks for the kind words.

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Online Content OP
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Sounds great David!

Thanks!

Quote:
You are on a roll this year!

Yeah, until the next song. wink

Glad you could take a break from those insanely funky vocals you've been doing. Synthesizers can't hold a candle to your singing!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi David,

I can't believe that it was ten days ago that I first listened to this. At the time, I remember thinking, "I'll write a review about it tomorrow because I'm a bit tired now." I apologise that "tomorrow" was so slow to arrive.

Your melody and its arrangement are stunning! Really stunning. I love how the chords travel so smoothly from one to the next. The texture is superbly orchestral.

What really captured my imagination, though, was the counterpoint melodies. It is so nice hearing intersecting melodic harmony weaving such a fine sound. We don't hear contrapuntal music that often on Users' Showcase.

I really, really enjoyed listening to this. It's such a strong write, strong arrangement and super production.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199