You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#653278 - 04/26/21 02:45 PM [User Showcase] I'll Keep Singing My Song
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

I have been out of pocket for the past several months. Some of you are aware my wife was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, the end of November last year, after being hospitalized several times and misdiagnosed. She has been in the battle of her life for the past 7 months. We have been in Phoenix, AZ since the first of March for her to have a stem cell transplant. She had the transplant on 3/24, and now the real battle begins. She has been in and out of the hospital here at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, and is currently in the hospital fighting rejection of the transplant. Our faith is strong, and we are confident she will recover and be stronger than ever. I have been overwhelmed with all the efforts to take care of her, as I am her full time caretaker. Your prayers are so appreciated!

Meanwhile, I finally had a few hours to write a song, so here it is! I didn't want to write a sad song, so this one is pretty upbeat. I have one of my computers here with me at the hotel in Phoenix (we will be here until sometime in July at minimum), and used BIAB for all the instruments. I recorded all the vocals here with one of my lesser mics I brought along with me. Didn't want to bring all my UAD interface equipment along so I have my old trusty Focusrite 2i2. This one was done all in Logic Pro X, without all my familiar UAD plugins, and an old set of headphones I brought along. I think the mix turned out okay. I'm glad they didn't throw me out of the hotel for singing too loud! smile I hope you enjoy this one. Your comments are welcome...

Soundcloud - I'll Keep Singing My Song

I'll Keep Singing My Song
©Stephen W. Young

Some folks remember
Some folks forget
Some folks are happy
And some have regrets

In the eye of a needle
A rich man can fall
And the poor man has nothing
Blames the rich man for all

And the state of affairs
Is up in the air
But this world keeps moving along
It's up and it's down
And changing around
So I'll just keep singing my song

A song of redemption
Where all can be free
Beyond comprehension
The way it should be

And the state of affairs
Is up in the air
But this world keeps moving along
It's up and it's down
And changing around
So I'll just keep singing my song

---

RealTracks in song: 3551:Bass, Electric, AmericanaShuffleSteveB Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 3689:Guitar, Lap Steel, Soloist Funky70s Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 3609:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NashvilleRadioShuffleDanny Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~~951:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBoogieMuted Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 2729:Organ, Rhythm BluesShuffleMike Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 3441:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritPsycRockMarch Ev 110
RealDrums [in Song:RockHardShuffle^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

#653302 - 04/26/21 03:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Steve

Sorry to hear about your wife's ongoing health issues, best wishes to you both.

Really nice song, a very polished write and catchy chorus. Liked the lap steel solo, very nice.

Excellent vocal (on the number 2 mic) and top notch song writing.

Peter

#653307 - 04/26/21 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Steve your wife is in our prayers, as are you.

I really like this song. The stops were perfect. Loved your vocal and lyrics as well as the mix.

Great job on this song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#653319 - 04/26/21 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Steve,

It is really great to hear you again. This sounds wonderful.

I am sorry to hear about your trials, but stay strong. Faith is powerful. I will definitely hold you and your wife up in prayer.

Hang in there bother. A big bro hug from afar.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#653332 - 04/26/21 09:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Gary Weder Offline
Journeyman

Don't know how you managed to produce such a fine song under trying circumstances.
"I'll just keep singing my song" is such a great metaphor to use in the face of such upheaval and adversity. May the Universe send you both copious ammounts of health and energy. Loved the song Steve.

#653338 - 04/27/21 12:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm so sorry to hear about the fight that your wife is facing. I, too, will pray that the very best outcome is what will take place, that the transplant is indeed 100% successful and that she makes a full, complete recovery. I hope you'll remember to be kind to yourself, also, in the meantime - if at all possible.

Beautiful song, your signature sound follows you around no matter what equipment you use :-) - which is great news. The lyrics in particular convey a strong message, but the whole production is excellent and made me grateful for having started my morning listening to it. I hope you get the chance to create more - you really bring a breath of fresh air with your songs on here. Thank you.

My music on Amazing Radio USA

#653347 - 04/27/21 03:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

So sorry to hear of all the issues you have had to face... You and your family are in my thoughts.

The song is great - you sound wonderful and the mix has a nice edge to it.

Glad to hear you singing again.

Bob

#653404 - 04/27/21 10:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

Always glad to see you back!

Wonderful message! Terrific production. A lot of punch. LOVE what you did with the bass through the whole thing.

Excellent vocals, as always. Good mix (as always).

fj

Wishing you and Rachel both the absolute best, of course!

#653422 - 04/27/21 11:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Great tune and singing, love the stops, your usual pro job here. Hoping your wife wins her battle with the rejection and she can get to the point of healing. Glad you can still put out some great material like this, despite the trials. Hang in there.

#653492 - 04/27/21 08:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Steve,

Right out of the gate, really engaging intro. Your voice is crystal—sits beautifully in the mix; accentuated by the percussion. Love the organ riffs coming in that second verse. Terrific vocal; outstanding production. Your reserve to pull back on that second verse and dim it down—brilliant . . . and just makes that second chorus resonate all the more. Very impressed with this.

A more amazing thing is that given what you are going through personally, and how weighing that must be, to write such an upbeat song . . . and do it so well--amazing really. Please know I'm sending my best wishes and kindest thoughts your way. Stay strong and never give up hope!

My very best to you!

Deej

#653510 - 04/27/21 11:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Always a treat to hear your songs, even when they're made under less than ideal circumstances. Prayers for both of you.

Lead guitar is a great intro to the song. I've tried that before (and failed miserably), so it's nice to hear it done right!

Love the change up in texture throughout the song.

Catchy chorus - upbeat while recognizing the hardships of life - not an easy write. The lack of a strong cadence makes the chorus work even better when looped.

Glad to hear you back on the forum! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#653517 - 04/28/21 12:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: David Snyder]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve

Sorry to hear about your wife's ongoing health issues, best wishes to you both.

Really nice song, a very polished write and catchy chorus. Liked the lap steel solo, very nice.

Excellent vocal (on the number 2 mic) and top notch song writing.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, for the kind words and the good wishes for my wife and me. Means a lot!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Steve your wife is in our prayers, as are you.

I really like this song. The stops were perfect. Loved your vocal and lyrics as well as the mix.

Great job on this song.

Mario, it is always so nice to hear from you. Really glad you like this one, and thanks so much for your prayers!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Steve,

It is really great to hear you again. This sounds wonderful.

I am sorry to hear about your trials, but stay strong. Faith is powerful. I will definitely hold you and your wife up in prayer.

Hang in there bother. A big bro hug from afar.

David, really appreciate your comments. I agree, faith is powerful. Thanks so much for your prayers, and I'll take that hug!

====

Steve

#653527 - 04/28/21 04:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Offline
Expert

Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
Howdy Steve....

Good job on this one.
Well put together and well performed.
Clear, up front lead vox.
Well done.

My best wishes to you and to your wife's rapid recovery.
Look forward to hearing some good news on that front.

Have a great day....

#653544 - 04/28/21 07:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Nice to hear another pearl from you. Simple message in a light upbeat package works well, I hope you keep singing your songs for a long time to delight us.
Great intro and the poppy rhythm really wake up the interest.
Simple instrumentation with nice details. Nicely mixed bass and the vocals sound great.
Best wishes to you and your wife!

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#653629 - 04/28/21 08:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Illinois, USA
The treasures in life come to us sometimes in the blessing and sometimes in the breaking but each one reveals our true character...I appreciate the contemplative nature of the song in the midst of your trying circumstances...every part of the song is excellent...it's good but what makes it special is knowing the place that you're writing from...and while most if not all of us can't fathom the challenge for you and your wife at this time we can appreciate "your song" and offer our faith and prayers for you both...this was a great listen...thanks...just keep singing your song!
Dan

#653656 - 04/29/21 06:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Online   content
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
A masterful write and production, Steve. Great band and outstanding vocal. "The state of affairs is up in the air, but this world keeps moving along." Love it!! Those folks in Phoenix are amazing people. A couple years ago a very good friend of mine went through similar treatment there. Today she is in the 2nd month of a 3-month driving tour across this country with her husband. In addition to all the driving, they've walked over 100 miles through the beauty so far. May you and Rachel be blessed with similar adventures.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#653671 - 04/29/21 09:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: rsdean]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Don't know how you managed to produce such a fine song under trying circumstances.
"I'll just keep singing my song" is such a great metaphor to use in the face of such upheaval and adversity. May the Universe send you both copious ammounts of health and energy. Loved the song Steve.

Thank you, Gary! Appreciate your kind words and well wishes!

Originally Posted By: musician17
I'm so sorry to hear about the fight that your wife is facing. I, too, will pray that the very best outcome is what will take place, that the transplant is indeed 100% successful and that she makes a full, complete recovery. I hope you'll remember to be kind to yourself, also, in the meantime - if at all possible.

Beautiful song, your signature sound follows you around no matter what equipment you use :-) - which is great news. The lyrics in particular convey a strong message, but the whole production is excellent and made me grateful for having started my morning listening to it. I hope you get the chance to create more - you really bring a breath of fresh air with your songs on here. Thank you.

Musician17, thank you so much for your encouraging words for my wife! And thank you for your generous comments about this song.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

So sorry to hear of all the issues you have had to face... You and your family are in my thoughts.

The song is great - you sound wonderful and the mix has a nice edge to it.

Glad to hear you singing again.

Bob

Hey Bob, it is always so nice to hear from you! Your words mean a lot to me, and I truly appreciate your kind thoughts and words!

=====

Steve

#653676 - 04/29/21 09:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Steve,
Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything goes well.
Good to see you back! Very cool and inspirational tune. Vocals are great, especially considering "hotel" production. Mix is A+ Thank you for sharing and best to you and your wife.

Misha.

#653808 - 04/30/21 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
So good to hear from you Steve. I think the recording is top shelf. Excellent vocal and backtrack. Very cool lyric. Wishing you all the best for you and your wife. Music sooths the soul. Well done

#653908 - 04/30/21 08:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'll Keep Singing My Song [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Steve
As someone else commented, I don't know how on earth you managed to write such a polished, up-beat song in such trying circumstances. Lovely vocal and the lap steel solo is a prefect fit.
Best wishes to you both,
Leon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Forum Stats
34340 Members
67 Forums
69330 Topics
595813 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Paul Harman, Michael Lawlor, zansongs, Sound Design, rts2000

34340 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 200