Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
This is very good. Better vocals than when you use that other old fool who sings flat!!

Thanks Eddie, that's very kind.
I won't embarrass the other guy by mentioning his name!
Cheers,
ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Superb production, everything here works very well indeed.

Lyrically intriguing, including masterful phrasing and topped off with an excellent vocal delivery, this song really has a lot to like about it.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
This is a really nice song. Very strong write, arrangement, production and performance. You're in good company recording a country song that's not a country song but a great song even if it's really more a pop song.

Probably the most famous pop song featuring the pedal steel is "Teach Your Children" by CSN with Jerry Garcia brandishing the Pedal Steel. Then there's Three Dog Night covering an actual country write by Hoyt Axton but turning it into a top 10 (5) pop hit, "Never Been To Spain" with Rusty Young (Poco) doing the Pedal Steel honors. Even Paul McCartney got into the Pedal Steel when he recorded tracks for the "Juniors Farm" Album in 1974. The best known tune with PSG reached number 17 in the US with "Sally G".

There's much to like with your song and this is surely a favorite of mine. Enjoyed my listen.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Rog,

It's a very pleasant country ballad. The lyrics are endearing and your voice lends itself wonderfully. Nice work. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJavkFlash

Hi Derochette,
Many thanks for looking in, for the review and for the positive comments.
Cheers,
ROG

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I'm going to say you have a good pop rock ballad with a steel guitar. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't feel like country to me.

I love the mix... Superb quality on everything.

Totally enjoyed the song.

Hi Herb,
Pleased you enjoyed it.
Many thanks for the review and the comments about the mix - much appreciated.
Cheers,
ROG

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Light and airy.

Nice.

moto

Hi Cap'n,
Many thanks for the review.
Cheers,
ROG

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
ROG,

As Kris Kristofferson used to say... "Close enough for Country...")
(although he was referring to whether his guitar was in tune or not smile )

A really good write (I'd call it my favorite of yours).
Solid lyric and a cool melody.

The vocal is very cool - has a Beatlesque quality.

Excellent mix. Great balance between backing and vocals.

Very much enjoyed!

fj (who cannot help being Country no matter how hard he tries otherwise)

smile

Hi Floyd,
I've heard "Close enough for Country" so many times and never known it was attributed - thanks for that!
I really appreciate the positive review and if this is your favourite of mine, I'm more than satisfied.
Many thanks.
ROG.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Whatever you call, it certainly works for me, ROG. A very pleasant listen indeed.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
However you categorise it, ROG, I like it a lot. A very pleasant listen.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
This is really good.

Good write, pleasant on the ears, tugs at heartstrings in an understated way, cool melody and vocals.

If I were making mixtapes, it would go on my collection of cool stuff from bands no one's ever heard of that deserved much more airplay. smile

Hi David,
I'm pleased that it tugged at your heart strings, albeit in an understated way!
Those are really nice comments - thank you, much appreciated.
ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rog

A very pretty song whatever genre you'd like it to be, had a 70's soft rock sound to me.

I enjoyed it, especially the lovely vocal arrangement.

Peter

Hi Peter,
I'm happy with 70s soft rock, as long as you enjoyed it.
Many thanks.
ROG.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great backing track with judicious use of pedal-steel.
The song benefits from a strong lyric which I think deserves a slightly stronger vocal in the mix. However, lines such as "it looks like a change in the weather," suggests an affected disinterest - in which case a dispassionate tone is thoroughly appropriate. Well done. smile

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,

Love the sound and feel of this. Pro all the way.

Excellent!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It may sound odd but we felt (you can blame it on Janice) that it gave a hint of Brian Wilson. The background, the melody and the lyric fit in with the feel of his many as Janice again says "pretty songs."

We are suckers for light airy mixes and this is an excellent one.

And the BiaB vocals were a nice delicate touch as was the judicious use of the steel.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Rog,

This is really, really nice! I have to agree with Floyd, this is one of my favorites of yours. The lyrics are so strong, and the melody is superb - love the lift on "and I could say..." - and then the resolve to "It looks like a change in the weather." To me, that's what really gives it that Beatles feel (the Beatles were big country fans - they introduced Buck Owens to the UK, and did a cover of his hit Act Naturally - written by Johnny Russell and Voni Morrison.)

The second I heard your song start, I was struck with how full and warm it sounded. I have used Mixbus 32C on several mixes, and it is an outstanding DAW, particularly for mixing. It has a natural analog sound, and a really great built in saturation on all the mixbusses. Of course, none of this means anything, if it is not used properly. You certainly used it properly. Great sound. Great song. (And great pedal steel.) - I should know, I have lived over half my life around Austin, Texas. smile (Herb, if I couldn't live in Nashville, Austin is not too bad...)

Great job!

Steve

Hi Steve,
Many thanks for such a full and detailed review.
I'm so pleased you liked it and if it's now one of your favourites of mine then I'm delighted.
Yes, Mixbus 32C is excellent. I love the way that they've modelled the sound of a real 32 Channel,
so that when you import the stems and hit play it immediately sounds analog.
The editing is way behind Realband though, so I just use 32C for mixdown, which is what it's best at.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
ROG,
I really enjoyed this. Whatever genre you (and FJ) smile decide to call it, I thought it was quite pretty and had a nice depth in the mix.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
REALLY COOL.I do think the stereo vocal could be made mono or some of the treatment dropped to allow more clarity and a centered position.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ah, is it a classical song because we use violins instead of fiddles? Ha! Categories are for record stores and DJs. Nearly every song has a crossover component. There is definitely one indisputable category for this one, Rog. It's a good one, man. I also hear the magic of North England. We all have learned a great deal from Floyd. Excellent vocal and harmony in this. I've been using a lot of pedal recently too and have asked myself that same question. Regardless of the answer, this is a very well written song and the pedal is perfect for it and so are the strings.

Hi Marty,
You speak a lot of sense about categories being for record stores and DJs.
Pleased you liked this one. I've just discovered how good the pedal steel RTs are, so they will probably feature again soon.
Many thanks for the review.
Cheers,
ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Excellent production ROG! Really love the sounds!

Wonderful vocals. Kind of ELO in a way.

smile

Hi David,
Always appreciate a review from you - pleased you liked it.
Cheers,
ROG.

User Showcase
ROG Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow loved this tune Rog. Very cool backtrack. Super vocal and loved the effects on the vocal. Well done

Hi Scott,
Many thanks for looking in and for the positive comments.
Cheers,
ROG.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195