Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
MarioD

The possibility is always there, but I doubt it, since there is no evidence for that in any other case or programs that I'm using (includ BIAB 2020).
Also i have tried running it in safe mode, just to see if there is any clash with other software or driver.

As soon as i can, I'll upgrade it again and inform here how it's going.

Goldy
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Please let us know how it goes Goldy, I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

I work here
Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Will do.
Drive me crazy too smile

BTW, was there any changing in BIAB about the way it handling "Plugins"?
I'm asking because the interface has changed.

Goldy
Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi Simon.

Just Upgraided to 2021.

1. The issue with the Open processes came back (Every time I open BIAB song - another processes is open. when I close - the process stay open. closing BIAB - all processes stay open.

2. Playing a song (double click) - when it open, I hear king of "Knak" or "Bzz" (That's happens only if i open a song. while opening BIAB without a song it's OK)?

3. Push the play button - the song runing, but no sound at all.

4. Push the play button without a song - OK.

5. Some songs running fine some time, and some time don't (No sound).

6. My feeling is that opening a song take much longer than 2020.

7. I upgraded to 2021 - "run as administrator", and didn't touch any of the definition yet, so it should be like before.

Hope it helps.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
6.JPG (80.79 KB, 195 downloads)
61.JPG (41.96 KB, 195 downloads)
4.JPG (64.43 KB, 194 downloads)
5.JPG (77.16 KB, 195 downloads)

Goldy
Veteran
Veteran
What may be somewhat of a temporary solution for you Goldy is to use Pipelines tip (thank you Pipleine) and run biab 2020 from the same folder as biab 2021, what you do is copy the six bb exe's from biab 2020 to a folder on your desktop, Rename by adding 20 beofre the .exe, then copy to your biab 2021 folder, and create shortcuts for the 32 and 64 bit 2020 to your desktop.

Note you are not replacing any of the exe's in biab 2021 you are just adding 2020 exe's to that folder. See the screenshot below of how it appears in my bb folder.

It will run fine will see all the new realtracks, though you won't have the new features of say Utility tracks.

And you will still be able to launch biab 2021 fron that folder too, using biab 2021 shortcuts.

Otherwise hope you get this years biab 2021 problems sorted out.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
biab 20 and 21.jpg (304.2 KB, 188 downloads)
Last edited by musiclover; 05/22/21 12:30 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Veteran
Veteran
On the Fireface Settings screen, all entries say ‘No Lock’. That doesn’t look right, although I have not worked with a Fireface interface. When I do not have a lock on Presonus or Focusrite units, I get no sound.

If you select SPDIF rather than Internal, do you get a lock?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi Matt.

Thanks for your answer.

Few points:
1. Right now I think best is to keep config exactly as it was in 2020, and at least let Simon have a look at it first.
2. If it has something to do with the sound card, why the same config works with 2020 (and other music softwares) and not with 2021.
3. Some time 2021 DO work. and the way I see it, If it was some thing to do with the sound card, it shouldn't work at all.

Last edited by Goldy; 05/22/21 02:15 AM.

Goldy
Veteran
Veteran
I concur you are using a very sensible troubleshooting method.

Just pointing out why it appears you would have no sound. What BIAB 2021 could be doing to affect that, I have no clue. But I think it warrants examining.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Goldy.
upthread you said this quote;
"
1. The issue with the Open processes came back (Every time I open BIAB song - another processes is open. when I close - the process stay open. closing BIAB - all processes stay open."

also you said ;
" I hear king of "Knak" or "Bzz"

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ANOTHER PROCESSES IS OPEN ??
and what do you mean by "Knak" or "Bzz ??
please go into more detail goldy. because i dont understand your comments.

do you mean win control panel processes ? please detail further.

another question. in bb21 when you get these problems are you in bb daw plug in mode ? OR regular bb mode ?? OR BOTH modes you get problems ??

IN ADDITION GOLDY.
you say other music software works fine with your config.
please post then with pics your driver settings for both
midi and audio drivers that are working well in your non pg software. ie not biab.
ie what other software ? cubase ? pro tools ? reaper ?
another software ? please post pics of your other softwares settings.

best
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/22/21 04:02 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi Oldmuso.

1. The sounds "Knak' or "bazz" appear when I open a song, and for less than a second.
When I hear it, I know there might be problems with playing this song (not always).
2. About the process which I see in the "Task Manager" - see attached pict.
3. Not sure what do you mean, so I guess Normal mode.
4. I have already posted the midi and audio config which i took from 2020.(you can find it in this thread).
there was No problem with it an it was working great.
5. I work mainly with BIAB and Cubase.

Best regards,

Goldy

3.JPG (23.02 KB, 159 downloads)
Last edited by Goldy; 05/22/21 04:36 AM.

Goldy
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Goldy
Hi Oldmuso.

1. The sounds "Knak' or "bazz" appear when I open a song, and for less than a second.
When I hear it, I know there might be problems with playing this song (not always).
2. About the process which I see in the "Task Manager" - see attached pict.
3. Not sure what do you mean, so I guess Normal mode.
4. I have already posted the midi and audio config which i took from 2020.(you can find it in this thread).
there was No problem with it an it was working great.
5. I work mainly with BIAB and Cubase.

Best regards,

Goldy

Re item 2:
You've got 5 copies of BBW64.exe running, not one? Doesn't seem quite right to me.

A: How do you start BiaB?
B: Do you double-click one or more song files (*.mgu, *.sgu)?
C: Any idea why there are 5 copies of BBW64.exe instigated?
D: Do you intend to run multiple versions of the program simultaneously?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Autoriser une seule instance de Biab ?

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, try changing you settings to have the item Unchecked, although I'm not sure if it is working again correctly.

2021-05-23_1-27-50.jpg (109.93 KB, 175 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Videotrack.
g'day mate nice idea re troubleshooting.
Goldy.
please open up cubase and take pics of your cubase midi and audio settings FROM CUBASE.
and post them in this thread. so comparisons can be made with biab settings. i need to look at your cubase settings to compare.
try a test of only running ONE INSTANCE of bb2021.

best
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/22/21 05:33 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
You may be onto something here. If multiple instances of BIAB run, and each one wants to use ASIO, how does ASIO react when it is normally assigned to one input at a time? Wouldn't it block the other instances resulting in no sound 'most of the time'?

Veteran
Veteran
Matt, my guess is yes, and probably with initial sounds like "Knak' or "bazz"

Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A: How do you start BiaB? - Both way - thru the software or/and double-click on the song.
B: Do you double-click one or more song files (*.mgu, *.sgu)? Yes
C: Any idea why there are 5 copies of BBW64.exe instigated? - no. BIAB is closed.
D: Do you intend to run multiple versions of the program simultaneously? If you mean 64 and 32 - no.

Thanks smile

Last edited by Goldy; 05/22/21 07:57 AM.

Goldy
Veteran
Veteran
Following along. Not much I can add other than - this is the root of the problem. Correct this and you should be good to go.

Capture.JPG (24.62 KB, 139 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Goldy Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Yes, try changing you settings to have the item Unchecked, although I'm not sure if it is working again correctly.

Hi.

It's Unchecked frown

Where can I find the boot log?

2.JPG (40.31 KB, 136 downloads)
Last edited by Goldy; 05/22/21 08:05 AM.

Goldy
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Goldy
A: How do you start BiaB? - Both way - thru the software or/and double-click on the song.

Not both ways, that would result in multiple copies of BIAB being opened. crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,682
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200