Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
U
OP Offline
U
Mac OS 10.12.6. I had the Mega Pak installed on an external drive. I just got the Ultra Pak and installed the BIB app on the internal hard drive in the Applications folder, as before, but chose the option to keep the Real Tracks and Drums on the Ultra Pak usb drive provided by BIB.

I opened the BIB app from the Mac Applications folder and set the preferences for the Real Tracks and Drums folders on the external BIB hard drive. I did the same with the AU plugin I use with Digital Performer. I also removed the old Real Tracks and Drums folders that came with the Ultra Pak from the external hard drive I was using previously.

I still get N/A on some real tracks, even though I can search and find them on the BIB Ultra Pak usb drive. I have rebuilt the style picker at least 5 times.

I can open the BIB app from the BIB Ultra Pak usb drive, load the style I'm working with and the real tracks appear, but they won't appear when I use the plugin, or the app on the Mac hard drive. How can I get the plugin to work?

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 06/28/21 05:52 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Try going into Realtrack Picker and choose the "Rebuild" option at the bottom of the window.

I had all N/A earlier this week and doing the above fixed it.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Welcome to the forums, uncledunc! To clarify, the main Band-in-a-Box is finding your RealTracks alright and it is only the plugin that is not finding them?

If you're rebuilding inside of the main program, this will not affect the plugin version. You would need to open the Style Picker inside of the plugin and rebuild there for it to search for the RealTracks/Styles. The folder directories also need to be set inside of the plugin as well, under File | Preferences.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
mac_bb_plugin_Preferences.jpg (278.67 KB, 172 downloads)

Best,
Chantelle
U
OP Offline
U
I've rebuilt the style picker from within the plugin in Digital Performer several times. I'm wondering if there's a BIB preferences file I need to trash? I suspect it's still looking for the Real Tracks and Drum tracks on the old hard drive, from the previous Mega Pak version.

Last edited by uncledunc; 05/21/21 07:41 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Uncledunc, there is one file that might help to trash - open a finder window then click on the Go menu and choose Go To Folder - type in /Users/Shared/Ticket and click Ok. There's a file in there called Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Folder Locations.txt - move it to the trash. Then open up DP again and start the plugin, then open the plugin preferences and re-set the folder locations. Hopefully that'll get it going!

Also, rather than trashing that txt file, you can open the file and type in the folder locations you want. You can even drag and drop the folders into the TextEdit window and macOS will enter the file path to that folder for you!

I work here
U
OP Offline
U
I looked at the text file before trashing it. The paths looked correct. After trashing it, I went into DP, reset the BIB plugin preferences, but the style still had N/A instruments so I re-assigned the style and - like magic! - no more N/A instruments. Thanks for the tip.

U
OP Offline
U
After finishing a song, working from the BIB external drive, I had to eject it to make room for other peripherals. A couple of weeks later, I plugged it back in and all my Real Tracks were N/A, even after trashing the "locations" file and resetting the preferences. I tried trashing BIB in the Applications folder, reinstalled it, but installed the Real Tracks and Drums on an internal SSD. (My Mac Pro has 4 internal drive bays.) Tried again. N/A. Trashed the "locations" file and reset the preferences, which show up in blue with the correct location. N/A. What do I have to do to get this to work?

U
OP Offline
U
Tried installing build 426. Still no real tracks or drum tracks in the AU plugin, or in the BIB app, even though both can find the folders on the internal SSD drive. I trashed the "shared ticket" file. Still no real tracks or drum tracks. Permissions on those folders are set to "everyone". Permission for the SSD drive are set to "everyone" (everyone but me, apparently.)

Last edited by uncledunc; 06/28/21 02:19 PM.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
hello. yes, I've a similar problem. there seems to be a very bad bug here. it took around 4 scans of the drum and real tracks folders before I stopped seeing N/A's. Seems to affect the drums on my system more than anything. First update that this has occurred this many times in. whole batches of drum loops generally from the one drummer have N/A on them. oh well, time to hire real musos. sigh. j.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi again Uncledunc, have you tried rebuilding the StylePicker? That often resolves N/A RealTracks as it also rebuilds the RealTracks/RealDrums databases.

I work here
U
OP Offline
U
I've rebuilt the Style Picker several times, both the long way and the short way. Perhaps I'll try it a few more times. I just spent a half hour with BIB Chat, only to be told to email tech support and wait a few days for a response. If this is a known bug, you'd think PG Music would have staff ready to assist customers with phone support, but apparently, that's no longer an option.

ETA: While rebuilding the Style Picker, the yellow dialogue box popped up saying "unable to find drums in Applications/Band in the Box..." even though the location for Drums is set at SSD/Drums. Fortunately, I don't need the drum tracks, although it would be nice to have them. After rebuilding the Style Picker five times, I see most of the Real Tracks I use for C&W are no longer N/A. That's encouraging.

Last edited by uncledunc; 07/06/21 01:15 PM.
U
OP Offline
U
Today, even though "real tracks N/A" shows up on every single real track style, once I load a style into the plugin, the real tracks are there. Then, an hour later, when I decide to try a different style, I load it up an all the real tracks are N/A. Rebuilding the style picker cured it. Apparently, rebuilding the style picker virtually every time one uses the AU plugin on Mac is just part of the workflow. And today, I had drums! I didn't have them yesterday.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
same here. I get random N/A's no matter how many times I rebuild. I have a mountain of apps on my mac. none are as unreliable as BB. j.

U
OP Offline
U
I may have found a work around. After rebuilding the style picker 5 times, I still have no drums. In the AU plugin, I right click on the N/A drums, which brings up the drum picker box, which would enable me to choose a different drum style. I rebuild the drum picker - still no drums. Then I look at the drum list over on the right side (drum variations of the same basic beat) and choose the variation that is showing N/A in the plugin. Now I have drums! I also have a headache from spending a half hour getting BIB to work the way it's supposed to.

This is an obvious bug. Why don't they publish these workarounds in their FAQ page, or here somewhere? All I got from tech support, after waiting a week, was "rebuild the style picker" even though I'd explained that I'd already done that multiple times. They also told me I didn't own the Ultra Pak, even though I bought it directly from BIB and it's on my 'product' page. Seems like they do everything in their power to alienate customers.

A
A
I have the same problem with a number of styles. I followed all the instructions, and still some of the Real Tracks are shown and "N/A". I am referring to the Mac 2021 version.

O
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
O
exactly the same, i am glad i am not alone with this issue, it's so annoying, because i need to work fast frown and everytime i double clicked it does not do anything, i need to press play on the style picker.
I moved two folders only Real Tracks and Drums, and it is showing this also, please it's corrupt when it generates it will stop on certain bars and some instruments were not playing properly

Last edited by odod; 08/01/21 03:11 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,477
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195