Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This is a test of a piece of software called Google Docs voice. I'm trying to find a piece of software that will allow me to speak into the computer instead of sitting here trying to type all this stuff. It looks like it's working pretty well and so far in this particular situation I have not had to correct anything. so far so good. I looked at another software that cost a lot of money, about $150 a month which doesn't seem to make any sense at least for me. Well so far so good we'll see how it goes. This software is free.

Billy

EDIT: This is a funny program. It understands my Spanish and even corrects my grammar. It has no idea what I am saying in French...lol It can understand my limited German.

Last edited by Planobilly; 05/28/21 05:14 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Looks like this is worth a try. Thanks. Are you dictating right into a forum post, or did you have to copy/paste from a Google document?

My iPhone does a decent job but you have to say the punctuation period new paragraph.

Like that.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Matt,

So far just copy and paste. You also have to say "period" or "end of sentence".

This is the first time I have experimented with such programs. There are several to try.

I have used speech to text on my phone a few times.

I have not figured how to dictate directly into the forum post yet.

For me it is a really big advantage because I have a hard time spelling in English. It looks like fixing any translation mistakes is less work than fixing my spelling mistakes.

I find the older I get the more typing mistakes I make.

Also in general terms I am trying to learn how to make my computer use more automated. I am not sure I want to go to the trouble of learning Python for example but I am considering it.

With my interest in music/recording and electronics in general I am already connecting many things to my computer including sensors, remote cameras and such.

My boat is eighty mile south of me at my house in Marathon so I want to be able to take a look at it from here. I also have a weather station in Marathon I can see remotely. That is a big deal if I am thinking about driving down to go fishing.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Billy, I have a cabin in the Adirondacks two hours away and have an Arlo webcam pointed at the dock. Very handy and easy.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That is very nice stuff to have Matt. Also not super expensive.

I have motion detectors on some cameras which ring my cell phone anywhere in the world. Well, at least in Europe. They are a little hard to get set correctly, otherwise they go off every time the wind blows...lol

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Dragon Naturally Speaking by Nuance.

https://www.nuance.com/dragon.html

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I have a cabin in the Adirondacks two hours away and have an Arlo webcam pointed at the dock.

Do they stand up to the weather well? Every brand I have tried eventually lose to driving rain and/or cold weather. Is it cellular or do you have an internet connection there that stays live?

Last edited by eddie1261; 05/28/21 11:29 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
It seems very hardy and worked all winter. Yes, my Internet is always on.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Time to investigate. I need better cams outside.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
ps the solar charger panel accessory helped

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My neighbor down the street does security cams for a living. I don't even know the brand. The one on the dock gets replaced about every three years. Salt water and hurricanes will kill any cam gear. David set all this stuff up for me. The internet is always on and the power is always on. They are all wireless to the router/switch as I remember.

It did not take many 160 mile trips to pay for them. I put one in the house that can look at the coffee pot. I can't tell you how many times I got twenty miles from the house and had to turn around because I could not remember if I turned off the coffee maker!!!

I leave the AC on but turned down, turn off the water heater, and the main water valve outside the house. I can see everything but the water heater. Some way I never forget the water heater and my neighbor who lives next door year around turns the water valve off if I forget.

The salt water kills the GFI plugs on the dock pretty often which powers the video cam. It also runs the battery charger on the boat so I have to go there to fix it.

The video stuff has saved me a lot of time and money.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Matt does the model you have pan or is it fixed? And what model is ot?

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I have several Arlo cameras. The critical ones are an Arlo 4 and an Arlo 2. Neither pan via motion of the camera, but I can access them by WiFi and view live while adjusting the spot within the full view then zoom in.

No salt water in the Adirondacks.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I have several Arlo cameras.

Cool! I didn't know you had those. I have 4 Arlo Ultra wireless cameras around my house too. I've had the system up and running for over a year now and love it. I like to view the backyard camera to keep an eye on the dogs when I'm not home.

As far as picking Arlo over other brands, that's tough since there are several competing top models and they all seem to have different types of subscription plans to take your money. With Arlo I did get free cloud storage for the first year and canned it when they wanted money after that. Luckily they do allow you to store an SD card in the main hub without paying a monthly fee.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Matt does the model you have pan or is it fixed? And what model is ot?

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Do they stand up to the weather well? Every brand I have tried eventually lose to driving rain and/or cold weather.

My cams made it through last winter here just fine. They are sealed fairly well and the whole camera slides out of it's mounted housing when the battery needs changing. It's a little bit milder here than Cleveland but they stayed running below freezing temps. The biggest factor in battery charge is activity in front of the camera since it's motion sensitive. The more activity the quicker the battery drains. I can get a couple of months on a charge when traffic is light and temps are nice. A combination of cold temps and high traffic they could go dead in 2 - 3 weeks. I made sure to buy 2 extra batteries so that I can just swap batteries when any one of the four get low. Of course you can spend the extra $$$ and get wired or solar accessories.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
When you said Marathon, it reminded me of my Fiat 124 Spyder.

It was the early 1980s, I was going to Key West when at the 55 mile marker Freddy (my Fiat) just quit working.

It was Saturday, I had it towed to a gas station in Marathon and the mechanic obviously didn't know anything about foreign cars except for possibly VWs.

He opened the distributor cap and said "Looky here! This car has 2 sets of points. What's the other one for, in case the first one gets tired?"

After probing wires everywhere he pronounced it dead. Mrs.Notes and I took the bus back to Ft.Lauderdale, rented a tow bar, and used her Jeep to bring Freddy back to Ft.L.

As soon as my mechanic opened the hood he knew what the problem was. He said the last mechanic put the black distributor cap on it, and this car needs the brown one. The black one gets hot and expands and breaks the connection. He put the brown one on (actually maroon) and it started right up.

I had it tuned up about a month ago and the mechanic that usually worked on it was on vacation. Another mechanic in the shop did the job. Since another mechanic in the same dealer's shop did it, he didn't charge me for the new part.

Marathon has grown up a lot since then, so have the rest of the keys. I guess I'm being nostalgic, but I preferred the keys when they were more laid back with nobody but Conchs, and Cubans living down there.

But times change.

(Sorry to drift off topic)

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

As soon as my mechanic opened the hood he knew what the problem was. He said the last mechanic put the black distributor cap on it, and this car needs the brown one. The black one gets hot and expands and breaks the connection. He put the brown one on (actually maroon) and it started right up.

So the problem was that he put an aftermarket (copy) part on instead of ORIGINAL equipment...

See? Original is better! LOL!!!

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
My cams made it through last winter here just fine. They are sealed fairly well and the whole camera slides out of it's mounted housing when the battery needs changing. It's a little bit milder here than Cleveland but they stayed running below freezing temps. The biggest factor in battery charge is activity in front of the camera since it's motion sensitive. The more activity the quicker the battery drains. I can get a couple of months on a charge when traffic is light and temps are nice. A combination of cold temps and high traffic they could go dead in 2 - 3 weeks. I made sure to buy 2 extra batteries so that I can just swap batteries when any one of the four get low. Of course you can spend the extra $$$ and get wired or solar accessories.

And what model Arlo do you use? I have Foscam cameras. (They do NOT pan.) But Foscam is gone. They were acquired by Amcrest, and Amcrest can't even spell "service", so you know how badly they'd spell "customer". Chinese company using Google translate and American idiom doesn't make it through.

Last edited by eddie1261; 05/29/21 04:55 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
What happened to the typing topic?

I learned two things in High School. That's all I can recall from the four year period. Math and typing. I have used both extensively my entire lifetime.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,614
Posts735,144
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182