Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#658408 - 06/01/21 11:33 PM [User Showcase] (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Hi everybody,

haven’t been here for quite a while - hope you’re all doing fine.

Over here - like in other countries - some restrictions are being loosened, but I’m afraid we’re still not out of the woods.

Oh yes, that lockdown was and is pretty hard to bear, but sittin’ home doesn’t necessarily have to lead to severe depressions: Here's my modest suggestion, so get your butts out of those TV chairs and

(Let’s get) Twistin’ The Virus Blues Away

Video on YouTube
Video & audio on our website (with lyrics)
Audio on SoundCloud

Hope it’ll do you good!

Stefan

Song Info

Music & Lyrics: Stefan Nchtsheim (2021)
Key / BPM: Bb / 160 BPM

Vocals: Stefan Nachtsheim, voc & bgv

Back Line:
Dave Francis, b (BIAB RT1731)
Brent Mason, g (BIAB RT2352)
Sandy Williams, g (BIAB RT882)
Gene Rabbai, org (BIAB RT690)

Solos (Audio): Mark Douthitt, as (BIAB RT1951)

Solos (Video Closing only)
Brent Mason, g (BIAB RT2575)
Tom Leenlyside, ts (BIAB RT715)
Paul Franklin, psg (BIAB RT2004)
Kevin McKendree, p (BIAB RT2152)

MIDI:
Drums: EZD2 loops -> MTPowerDrums
Handclapping: EZDrummer2

Sound & mix: Maha Nachtsheim

Song was designed in Band-in-a-box, worked out in Reaper using theterrific BIAB VST plug-in.

Maha did the mixing in Reaper using Nectar 3, Neutron 3, Ozone 9 Adv., Tonal Balance.

Edited by Crossroads (06/01/21 11:35 PM)

#658418 - 06/02/21 02:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hey Stefan & Maha ...

Well, this took me back a lot of years! I was a teenager when the Twist was popular in the 1960s. Yikes ... I'm old!

Your videos are always so dang entertaining ... what fun! Good to see that Maha has been feeling good enough to perform and edit. She is is so talented with putting these videos together. And, my dear friend, you sound terrific! You always do. I wish I had half your talent. You're more than a great singer, guitarist and songwriter ... you're a first class entertainer.

That's quite a cast you assembled. You and Maha must have friend all over town! Thanks for a really fun listen and a great video to go with it. Wishing you and Maha all the very best. Take care and be safe. I'll send you a message tomorrow night - Thursday morning your time. See ya then ...

Alan

PS: Di says "Hello" to both of you.

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#658422 - 06/02/21 02:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
It has been a while Stefan but you put a smile on my dial in style.
Fun, as usual, fully explored visually, as usual, ace Maha Mix, as usual.
Fabulous - THANKS.

#658436 - 06/02/21 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Stefan,

Great to see you with a new post!

Fun song, and the video as usual is brilliant! Enjoyed watching the credits at the end too.

Tip of the hat to Maha for the fabulous mix.

We (in Canada) are in a similar stage as Germany as far as the lockdown goes, my friend Christiane keeps me in the loop as to what is happening over there. Seems we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel smile

Best to you and Maha.

#658447 - 06/02/21 06:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Stefan & Maha,

Everything about this is good.

A clever write.
Excellent vocals.
Terrific backing.
Exceptional mix!!

Stellar job on the video. Entertaining!
Made me laugh that the credits were as long as the song! HAHAHA!

Keep twisting!

fj

#658448 - 06/02/21 06:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Dear Stefan & Ms. Maha...

The song and the video combine an explosion of rainbow colors, nostalgic and high-energy music, and the gleeful, rejuvenating sight of 'grown-ups' dancing up a storm and having tons of fun as they liberate the inner child within them.

In your own uniquely creative way you've brought back something that I believe Chubby Checkers' introduction of the original 'Twist' back in the 60's gave to the world, and that is the simple happiness that people enjoy when they get TOGETHER on the dance floor to move & groove to the music.

Thanks for reminding us what the 'good times' can really mean!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

#658509 - 06/02/21 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: bluage]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
What Floyd said!

This is an award winner as far as I'm concerned. Especially when considering the Covid crisis.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2021 w/current updates.

#658578 - 06/02/21 05:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Good to hear from you Stephan. Loved the video. Very cool. So creative. Well done...

#658664 - 06/03/21 03:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Stefan

As always a treat. Very entertaining clip and the song is "infectious" (not sure if the vaccine works for it).

Enjoyed the music and video - and the credits!

Peter

#658692 - 06/03/21 05:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Gary Weder Offline
Journeyman

Hallo Stefan.
This is brilliant . It put a big smile on my face, vielen dank to you and your friends for giving me some comic relief from the depressing times we find ourselves in. You should be in Hollywood!
Gruße
Gary.

#658797 - 06/03/21 03:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Hallo mein Freund und Bruder im Geiste. Es ist gut, Sie wieder zu haben.

Love the opening with the saxophone player with his little friend in the bed. grin

Kick butt twist song. Outstanding audio and video production.

I think just as much effort went into the closing credits as went into the main video itself.

Thanks for keeping me entertained.

#658859 - 06/04/21 12:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Al-David]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Stefan & Maha ...

Well, this took me back a lot of years! I was a teenager when the Twist was popular in the 1960s. Yikes ... I'm old!

Your videos are always so dang entertaining ... what fun! Good to see that Maha has been feeling good enough to perform and edit. She is is so talented with putting these videos together. And, my dear friend, you sound terrific! You always do. I wish I had half your talent. You're more than a great singer, guitarist and songwriter ... you're a first class entertainer.

That's quite a cast you assembled. You and Maha must have friend all over town! Thanks for a really fun listen and a great video to go with it. Wishing you and Maha all the very best. Take care and be safe. I'll send you a message tomorrow night - Thursday morning your time. See ya then ...

Alan

PS: Di says "Hello" to both of you.

Dear Alan,

like so often before your plaudit made me blush - thank you so much for your incredibly nice words. Of course I don't consider myself by any means as especially talented - maybe diligent and patient. And with a lot of love and devotion to what I'm doing. With every song YOU post you prove what an incredible musician YOU are !

But of course it made me happy to read that you enjoyed both the song and the video - that is a huge award for me.

Looking forward to our next contac - please give Di a big hug and pass my 'Hello' to her.

Take good care of each other,

Stefan

#658863 - 06/04/21 01:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: rayc]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rayc
It has been a while Stefan but you put a smile on my dial in style.
Fun, as usual, fully explored visually, as usual, ace Maha Mix, as usual.
Fabulous - THANKS.

Hi Ray,

well, putting smiles on people's faces - that was our main aim. And although both of us wouldn't regard that Twist era as an outstanding musical highlight I felt that there was something I'm missing these days: pure andd harmless fun and energy.

Thanks for your kind comment. And special thanks for yor positive words on Maha's mix. She's in the hospital now (and will have to stay there for many weeks) and it definitely lightened up her day when I told her about your plaudit.

Regards,

Stefan

#658892 - 06/04/21 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Stefan, you are still one of my favorite entertainers, and Maha is genius with the video. Man, nobody does it better. Always brilliant lyrics and the prefect band, and a wonderful list of characters. So glad you're back. After I sat down, I realized it was like 7 minutes. Thanks for the workout!!

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#658907 - 06/04/21 08:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
That was fun!
Your video talent shines.

Thanks for the uplift.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#658976 - 06/04/21 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Stefan,
Good to see you back in action! Wonderful and entertaining tune you cooked with Maha. Listens very well. I deeply respect yours and Mahas dedication to music and fun. Thank you for sharing,
Misha.

P.S. Love your never ending collection of props smile

#659002 - 06/04/21 07:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Fantastic video and a good song, too! Kept me thoroughly entertained. Great to see you're not resting on your laurels. Keep it up!

#659022 - 06/05/21 02:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: BlueAttitude]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Stefan,

Great to see you with a new post!

Fun song, and the video as usual is brilliant! Enjoyed watching the credits at the end too.

Tip of the hat to Maha for the fabulous mix.

We (in Canada) are in a similar stage as Germany as far as the lockdown goes, my friend Christiane keeps me in the loop as to what is happening over there. Seems we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel smile

Best to you and Maha.

Hi Dave,

thanks a lot for your very kind words on the song and the video - I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

I passed your opinion about Maha's mix to her (being in the hospital) - she appreciated it a bunch and said 'Thanks a lot' .

Yes, let's hope the light at the end of the tunnel isn't another train approaching ...

Best wishes to Canada - stay sage !!!

Stefan

#659023 - 06/05/21 03:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: floyd jane]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan & Maha,

Everything about this is good.

A clever write.
Excellent vocals.
Terrific backing.
Exceptional mix!!

Stellar job on the video. Entertaining!
Made me laugh that the credits were as long as the song! HAHAHA!

Keep twisting!

fj

Hi Floyd,

I'm glad you enjoyed our twist 'remedy' - thank you so much for commenting so kindly on the details.

The length of the credits - well, my bro said not so long ago that he considers this a new art form - the creits are the important part of the flick and since they need something to refer to, there must be some preceding stuff , maybe a song or something else laugh ... I think I'm gonna call it 'credits art' !

Maha always appreciates your comments on her sound job very much, so she was happy to hear what you wrote about the mix.

Thanks again - stay safe,

Stefan

#659052 - 06/05/21 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: (Let's get) Twistin' The Virus Blues Away [Re: Crossroads]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi Crosstoads,

The fun video is very well done and your very rhythmic music immerses us in your universe. I enjoyed it. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36173 Members
64 Forums
74781 Topics
656757 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Encelia, Gorkin, wshutts, Mindi, ebbot

36173 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 246