Page 1 of 2 1 2
#658471 06/02/21 05:46 AM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hi Folks, been away TCB .There is some great new music here to listen and comment on.

WE BELONG Is bravely sung by Mary, my non-singing partner.

If Interested.
After a wine and dine night with friends I tricked/bribed my partner Mary into singing it by promising to clean and tidy my music room (Ha... I didn't say when). Neither of us can sing and the results are more Goofy Tardonnay than Elegant Chardonnay but was heaps of fun to do.
"We Belong" is more a musical tool than a proper song. It has served me well over the years from being a stand by whenever something mindless and simple is required , to jamming with visiting musicians. It is "2 chords and the juice".
Lyrics ? .........make them up as you go!

Tempo 115 Chords Gm C

Band is bits and pieces of :
WineosaurCarlos Latin...no wait.... correction......
BAILE.STY JAZROK1.STY RDHO_LS.STY
1434:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkPoppy Ev16 110
1959:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Guajira Ev 120
405:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
2292:Horn Section, Rhythm Pop Ev 130
RealDrums [in style:UpbeatLatinFunk [Multi]
684:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
1772:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkMovin Ev16 130
2606:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzRock8thsJon Ev 120
2604:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRock8thsJon Ev 120
1650:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
RealDrums [in style:LaPopJazzRelaxedEv8: a: Snare, Ride b: Congas, Ride

My own usertracks using biab templates
Rhythm Guitar - Strum GS 2

Gary Weder #658546 06/02/21 12:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

This sounds fun!

What is that riff? I know I have heard it but I can't name it and it is driving me crazy.

Is it Santana?

Gary Weder #658557 06/02/21 01:12 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Gary & Mary,
brave indeed! Excellent workout. Sounds like Santana fighting Morrison in a Plane. Fabulous and raw. Mary should definitely do more singing with your accompaniment. Cool user track. Fun! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. Try to change recipe next time a little: More wine, no dine, extra chord.

Gary Weder #658580 06/02/21 02:03 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes very familiar riff. Excellent tune. Very cool backtrack. Super vocal. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
David Snyder #658655 06/02/21 10:13 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Thanks for the listen David.
You may be thinking of Oye Como Va, Evil Ways and Smooth from yesteryear and more recently Havana by Camila Cabello.
"Sometimes you have to steal" smile
cheers
Gary.

Last edited by Gary Weder; 06/02/21 10:35 PM.
Scott C #658656 06/02/21 10:15 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Thankyou Scott. Your support is much apprieciated.
regards
Gary.

Rustyspoon# #658657 06/02/21 10:26 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Hi Misha.
I will show your post to Mary. She has been hyperventillating since I posted this and your nice message will calm her.

<"P.S. Try to change recipe next time a little: More wine, no dine, extra chord.">
LOL More wine for sure smile
Regards
Gary.

Gary Weder #658733 06/03/21 05:38 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Cool!........very Cool!

It's got a cutting edge vibe that works well.

Band sounds great and please tell Mary she needs to do this more often.
I enjoyed her vocals!

moto

Gary Weder #658741 06/03/21 06:23 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Gary,

I dig that riff, similar but not quite the same as the Santana riff. It's not stealing if you switch it up a little in my book wink

Cool track, percussion sounds great. Nice B3 too. And Mary sounds pretty good!

Lots of fun, well arranged, very entertaining all the way through. Do more with Mary!

Gary Weder #658799 06/03/21 12:58 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Many a good song evolved from unplanned mixes or impromptu recordings (one example was the wobbly piano on Tin Tin's "Toast and Marmalade For Tea - caused by an sound engineer accidentally leaning on a reel-to-reel tape).
I like it. Well done, Mary!

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
Gary Weder #658842 06/03/21 05:42 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mary does a fine job within the circumstances and the tone of her voice is perfect for a hybrid of Santana & Jefferson Airplane.
Nice band and your user tracks worked well..congrats.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Gary Weder #659127 06/05/21 11:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well Ray beat us to the comment. We listened last week and
Janice was immediately down with Oye Como Va and Grace!

Tell your partner she did well and don't start back hyperventilating smile

This is a cool mix and nice selection of RT's RD's and your user tracks.

Now if we can get that light show off of the wall.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Gary Weder #659149 06/05/21 05:30 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, I was hesitant to listen to this one but it was pretty durned good. Edgy vocal worked well. Reminded me of a super slowdown of I'm your Venus. Enjoyed it. Great use of BIAB and SPOUSE. Way to go.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
CaptainMoto #659163 06/05/21 06:27 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Cool!........very Cool!

It's got a cutting edge vibe that works well.

Band sounds great and please tell Mary she needs to do this more often.
I enjoyed her vocals!

moto

Thankyou Cap'n.
We appreciate your kind words.

I try to keep Mary out of my music room because she cleans up and I can't find anything. smile

Gary Weder #659164 06/05/21 06:28 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Gary & Mary ...

Sounds a lot like Grace Slick wondered onto the stage and helped out Carlos Santana. Her voice is so cool for this song! Great song, great performance, great listen! Mary definitely should be better friends with the mic ... they make a nice couple. Some really cool tracks didn't hurt, either! Sweet!!!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

BlueAttitude #659171 06/05/21 06:48 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hey Gary,

I dig that riff, similar but not quite the same as the Santana riff. It's not stealing if you switch it up a little in my book wink

Cool track, percussion sounds great. Nice B3 too. And Mary sounds pretty good!

Lots of fun, well arranged, very entertaining all the way through. Do more with Mary!

Thanks Dave.
Such kind words are very much apprieciated and humbling to us.
reagards
Gary & Mary

rayc #659179 06/05/21 07:03 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Originally Posted By: rayc
Mary does a fine job within the circumstances and the tone of her voice is perfect for a hybrid of Santana & Jefferson Airplane.
Nice band and your user tracks worked well..congrats.

G'day Ray.
Thanks mate from us both.

p.s. You've become a bannana-bender! congrats on the move.You will be the biggest thing in Noosa since JO'K smile

TuneMonger #659185 06/05/21 07:22 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Well, I was hesitant to listen to this one but it was pretty durned good. Edgy vocal worked well. Reminded me of a super slowdown of I'm your Venus. Enjoyed it. Great use of BIAB and SPOUSE. Way to go.

Thank you so much Robert.

Where were you when we needed you? smile
This "song" is desperately in need of your considerable literary skills!
cheers
Gary and Mary.

Al-David #659186 06/05/21 07:36 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Gary & Mary ...

Sounds a lot like Grace Slick wondered onto the stage and helped out Carlos Santana. Her voice is so cool for this song! Great song, great performance, great listen! Mary definitely should be better friends with the mic ... they make a nice couple. Some really cool tracks didn't hurt, either! Sweet!!!

Alan

Thankyou Alan for your lovely words
I am in the process of expanding Mary's musical world outside of Adele , Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift and a trip back to Haight Ashbury is just what she needs.
My best regards to you and Di.
Gary.

Ghostgum #659187 06/05/21 07:54 PM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
G
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Many a good song evolved from unplanned mixes or impromptu recordings (one example was the wobbly piano on Tin Tin's "Toast and Marmalade For Tea - caused by an sound engineer accidentally leaning on a reel-to-reel tape).
I like it. Well done, Mary!

Thankyou Brian
I remember that song and it's perculiar title. That was an interesting anecdote about the engineers happy accident so I listened to it on YT and there it was! , they left it as is.
We appreciate you giving it a spin and commenting.
cheers
Gary & Mary.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,614
Posts735,142
Members38,516
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182