Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#658606 06/02/21 03:49 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Any one know the difference?
Why is this new offering not just Xtra style Pak 12?

WIN 10, BIAB WIN2022, Studio One 5, Audient iD4
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Reading the description, it appears that this XPro product works with BIAB Pro version (the starter version) or anything greater. That is unlike the Xtra Styles, which require the RealTracks of the UltraPak version (or audiophile).

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
mmm... I wonder have they drawn previous styles from other Xtra Paks or if they are going to be added to future Paks.
Seems a strange beast which just seems to muddy the waters.

Veteran
Veteran
Spoiler alert!!!!

I purchased and it was a MAC version download - not Windows which I need! Already messaged support! As I recall, there was no option to choose the OS.

Careful with your purchase!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I trust Mike will get it taken care of. The Mac 2021 version was just released and there are probably some tweaks needed in Sales.

As to the XPro styles, perhaps I wasn't clear. They cannot be drawn from the other Xtra Styles because the Xtra Styles require that the user has the UltraPak or audiophile version. As I understand it, the need arose because some people who had the Pro version complained about buying the Xtra Styles when they had not read the requirements. The Xtra Styles do not work with just the Pro version. Now PG Music has released a pak of styles that does work with any version.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Got it, Matt. Thanks for the info. Listened to the demos and they sounded great to me! Had to have, but... well, I am sure Sales or Support will figure it out. They are good at these things.

Appreciate your input!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Matt smile

Expert
Expert
Is the XPro-Pak also worthwhile for owners of the Ultrapak? Does it contain completely new styles that were not already similarly contained in other Stylepaks? The style names are all new, so it's difficult to compare them to existing styles.

Biab/RB latest build, German Language Pak, Win 10/64 Pro, 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM. Notation SW Finale, StaffPad, SmartsScore – Playing Double Bass, Guitar, Piano
Journeyman
Journeyman
The website seems to be the issue. The link listed takes you to the Mac OS version. No way to select Windows version. I had the same problem - when I went to pay it said OS Mac. I bailed out. Did a lot of searching and found this page:

Windows XPro Style version

...Deb

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I just went through not using your link, Deb, and the checkout said Windows version. But I've asked the developers to verify it's all working correctly.

I also asked them for an explanation whether the Xpro styles offer anything we don't have in the 11 Xtra Styles Paks. Stand by.

J
Expert
Expert
J
I would need a definite answer from someone at PGMUSIC, not from a fellow member who does not work there or is associated with them.:

Are the styles contained in the XPRo package for Windows or MAC 100% new styles that have NOT been previously released in XTRA PAKS 1-11?

I certainly would not like it if I purchased the new styles only to find out they have already been released under different names under packs 1-11.

Please chime in here PGMUSIC as I am sure that many other users have the same question.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Expert
Expert
See Matt Finley's answer, it's very clear. Unpublished FOR the basic version. Always appreciable for newbies. PG would tell you the same thing. So they use the RTs of the Pro version (Basic version) to show the magic they can do.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: MikeK
Spoiler alert!!!!

I purchased and it was a MAC version download - not Windows which I need! Already messaged support! As I recall, there was no option to choose the OS.

Careful with your purchase!

I have experienced the same.
"Shopping Cart" says OS MAC

Last edited by stratos; 06/03/21 02:51 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
For the XPro Styles showing as Mac instead of Windows, I just checked and this link appears to show the correct windows version once added to the cart: https://www.pgmusic.com/xpro.php?os=win

Please let us know via live chat or sales@pgmusic.com if there are any further ordering issues.

There were many customers with the Pro PAK and MegaPAK who have been requesting additional Styles PAKs that are compatible for them, since the Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAk and higher. The XPro PAK is compatible for customers with these Band-in-a-Box PAKs. Since the UltraPAK and higher are larger, the XPro PAK is compatible with these PAKs as well.

Best,
Chantelle
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Thank you Chantelle. That confirms my speculation above.

The remaining question is, if someone does have the UltraPak or higher, and they had already bought the 11 Xtra Styles Paks, would they get anything new in the Xpro Pak?

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
For the XPro Styles showing as Mac instead of Windows, I just checked and this link appears to show the correct windows version once added to the cart: https://www.pgmusic.com/xpro.php?os=win

Please let us know via live chat or sales@pgmusic.com if there are any further ordering issues.

There were many customers with the Pro PAK and MegaPAK who have been requesting additional Styles PAKs that are compatible for them, since the Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAk and higher. The XPro PAK is compatible for customers with these Band-in-a-Box PAKs. Since the UltraPAK and higher are larger, the XPro PAK is compatible with these PAKs as well.

I already sent an email to Sales, asking for a Windows download link. I paid for the MAC version, which is useless to me.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Mike

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff

The XPro styles Pak 1 has 100 unique RealStyles, not found on any Xtra styles set or elsewhere. Since it uses RealTracks from 2021 Pro version, it works with Pro or better, which includes Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
J
Expert
Expert
J
Thank You Peter for a definite answer on this. Therefore, since I have the UltraPak for 2021 and all 11 XTRA Styles packs already, when I purchase the XPRo pack, I will get getting all new, never before seen styles.

The difference on the XPRo package is that anyone who has purchased any BIAB package for 2021 will be able to use these 100 new styles.

That clears it up perfectly for me.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Thank you, Peter.

Veteran
Veteran
Thanx Peter for clearing that up.

Do these new pro styles have MIDI transcripts attached so those of use who prefer MIDI can use them?

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,563
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200