Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
1. Great to have a post from you

2. Wonderful to see the multiple Mahas smile

3. An absolutely pro level video in every imaginable aspect.

4. Great write, vocals and mix (kudos to the mix lady).

5. Now I gotta figure out how to stop Janice from twistin'

6. Come back soon!

FUN FUN FUN

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear Stefan & Ms. Maha...

The song and the video combine an explosion of rainbow colors, nostalgic and high-energy music, and the gleeful, rejuvenating sight of 'grown-ups' dancing up a storm and having tons of fun as they liberate the inner child within them.

In your own uniquely creative way you've brought back something that I believe Chubby Checkers' introduction of the original 'Twist' back in the 60's gave to the world, and that is the simple happiness that people enjoy when they get TOGETHER on the dance floor to move & groove to the music.

Thanks for reminding us what the 'good times' can really mean!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Dear Loren,

first of all: SOOOOO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU !!!

And thanks a bunch for your brilliant description of what I was hoping to capture with the song and video: Sheer joy, even in sad and dangerous times like these - and be it only for some moments. But no-one good put this into words better than you, that's for sure !!!

When I had planned to 'inrtegrate' friends in that video I asked about 120 people if they would like to get in on it:

- 43 of them thought that this was an indecent proposal
- 30 of them are ever since convinced that I've finally gone totally bananas
- 19 of them would have liked to join but where (partly by forcible means!) held back by their partners ('Do you really want to make complete fools of us?')
- 7 of them had just run out of booze
- 6 of them didn't get the picture at all ('What the heck is he talking about?)
- 5 of them have me on their black list anyway, so my e-mail went into their spam directory
- 2 of them claimed that they didn't know me.

But 8 of them returned the videos I used and many of those 'cowars' said afterwards, ' Oh so nice, next time I'll be in on everything you do' - they just wait and see, haha !

Back to seriousness, dear friend: Thanks a lot for your wonderfil comment - loved it so much!

Take care and stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
What Floyd said!

This is an award winner as far as I'm concerned. Especially when considering the Covid crisis.

Hi Don,

wow, thanks a lot for this very kind comment.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Stefan,

Well, that was lot of fun!!! Terrific wrtie—really creative . . . and that sax solo just kills. Great vocal, but it’s those awesome backing vocals that put this over the top for me. How can this not make you laugh and smile?

I can’t imagine the effort it takes to put together a video like this—outstanding stuff! Very impressive.

My best regards to all involved,

Deej

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Stefan
Wonderfully entertaining video and a pro quality song. Great to see all those folks happily twisting the night/day away.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Good to hear from you Stephan. Loved the video. Very cool. So creative. Well done...

Thanks a bunch, Scott - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Stefan

As always a treat. Very entertaining clip and the song is "infectious" (not sure if the vaccine works for it).

Enjoyed the music and video - and the credits!

Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks a lot for your kind words - we really appreciate them. And let me tell you: There is no vaccine working for the Twist - it's been there for more than 60 years and if it's still infectuous ...

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Hallo Stefan.
This is brilliant . It put a big smile on my face, vielen dank to you and your friends for giving me some comic relief from the depressing times we find ourselves in. You should be in Hollywood!
Gruße
Gary.

Hi Gary,

thanks a lot for your kind words - I'm glad the song and the video did what they were supposed to do: Make people feel better (at least for a while).

All the best to you and stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Scott,

yeah, I think that's what we are: Freunde und Brüder im Geiste!

Thanks a lot for your very kind review - I think that if I were to write one myself it might read pretty much the same ;-))))))).

Yes, it seems to have become a rule that my closings are getting quite ... eh ... sprawling, but let me tell you: You ain't seen nothing yet ...

All the best to you and the OBOB (sorry, had to do that at least onece...)

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Stefan, you are still one of my favorite entertainers, and Maha is genius with the video. Man, nobody does it better. Always brilliant lyrics and the prefect band, and a wonderful list of characters. So glad you're back. After I sat down, I realized it was like 7 minutes. Thanks for the workout!!

Hi Marty,

.... and you are still one of my favorite commentators cool

Thanks a bunch for yor great comment - it makes me happy to read that you enjoyed 'the show.' .

Take good care and stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
That was fun!
Your video talent shines.

Thanks for the uplift.

moto

Thanks a lot, Captain, glad you liked and enjoyed the show.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan,
Good to see you back in action! Wonderful and entertaining tune you cooked with Maha. Listens very well. I deeply respect yours and Mahas dedication to music and fun. Thank you for sharing,
Misha.

P.S. Love your never ending collection of props smile

Dear Misha,

thanks a lot for your very kind comment on our song / video.

It took a while (I actually had to turn 65) until I found out that music combined with fun is (as the Brits say) my cup of tea. But while my kind of humor is mostly pretty rough yours is always rather sophisticated, so your stuff is always admirable.

Stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

I enjoyed your twisting song a lot.
I heard it a little while before it came in the forum.
Your videos are always so funny and clever made!
And you know what? The virus is going away right now, so twisting helps.
In spite i cannot come to Germany. Forbidden for us...

I was amazed, but very happy seeing Maha do a lot of twisting in the movie.
So good she could. And it worked well for your production.

As I said at the beginning, I enjoyed it a lot, as I enjoy all your productions

Have a very nice day
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Fantastic video and a good song, too! Kept me thoroughly entertained. Great to see you're not resting on your laurels. Keep it up!

Thanks a lot for your very kind words, Tunemonger.

Although I don't really think I got any laurels to rest on, I will try my best to come up with more stuff in the course of the coming months.

Stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Crosstoads,

The fun video is very well done and your very rhythmic music immerses us in your universe. I enjoyed it. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hello Derochette,

I'm glad you had some fun listing to our song and watching the video.

Thank you very much for your very friendly comment.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
1. Great to have a post from you

2. Wonderful to see the multiple Mahas smile

3. An absolutely pro level video in every imaginable aspect.

4. Great write, vocals and mix (kudos to the mix lady).

5. Now I gotta figure out how to stop Janice from twistin'

6. Come back soon!

FUN FUN FUN

J&B

Hi Janice, hi Bud,

I am / we are always especially happy to read your comments - they are always so very supportive and encouraging.

I am glad that I met your sense of humor and Janices ravenous desire for doing the Twist - yes, sometimes we don't know ourselves waht we're missing...cool

Seriously: Thank you so much for your very kind words - we always appreciate your comments a lot.

Hopethat both of you are alive and kicking - take good care of each other.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Stefan,

Well, that was lot of fun!!! Terrific wrtie—really creative . . . and that sax solo just kills. Great vocal, but it’s those awesome backing vocals that put this over the top for me. How can this not make you laugh and smile?

I can’t imagine the effort it takes to put together a video like this—outstanding stuff! Very impressive.

My best regards to all involved,

Deej

Hello Deej,

that was a VERY nice comment on our song / video - we'd like to thank you a lo; we really appreciate your kind words.

ll the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Stefan
Wonderfully entertaining video and a pro quality song. Great to see all those folks happily twisting the night/day away.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon,

if you felt well-entertained, that's exactly what we hoped we could do.

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Stefan,

I enjoyed your twisting song a lot.
I heard it a little while before it came in the forum.
Your videos are always so funny and clever made!
And you know what? The virus is going away right now, so twisting helps.
In spite i cannot come to Germany. Forbidden for us...

I was amazed, but very happy seeing Maha do a lot of twisting in the movie.
So good she could. And it worked well for your production.

As I said at the beginning, I enjoyed it a lot, as I enjoy all your productions

Have a very nice day
Hans

Dear Hans,

yes, you are right, no other explanation possible: Maha and our friends just twisted not only the virus blues but the virus itself away - the power of (even second or third class) music seems to be immense cool

Maha and I are glad that you enjoyed the video - thanks a bunch for your uplifting words.

Take care (and regards to Marijke)

Stefan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool song and fun video Stefan!!! Yes, I am sick to death of Covid!! California is starting to open......back to swimming, back to movies, back to travel......ALL GOOD!! Hope things come around for you guys in the near future. Enjoyed the tune!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,680
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200