Go To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
beatmaster #665667 07/25/21 11:19 AM
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
I have owned BB for many years and have learned quite a lot. As I wish I could play an instrument but that is not one of the things i have been able to accomplish. but....
BB has allowed me to put into musical expression what goes on in my head,,, to a point.

The dilemma as I see it is my lack of musical ability, is RT"s stop short of us being able to be the brains and talent behind the musician, hence the compositions fall a bit short of (in my case) my expectations but is far better than than without it.
Now those who play, I can see the frustration of the rt styles being stale. they are for me also, but stale is better than none and for the price, well worth it.
I recently watched a youtube vid by Guy Michelmore, a British composer using Cubase Pro and Native instruments and other hardware with his keyboard. There was the gap between me a wantabee and where my head hears ideas.
BB can be more but at what price?
Just an observation not a solution

beatmaster #665672 07/25/21 12:04 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Every music software program has at least one advantage as compared to other music software. For example Reaper is known as being easy to customize and low cost, ProTools for its integration with Avid hardware, MultiTrack Studio for it's integrated MIDI sound module.

The Band-in-a-Box advantage I've noticed is it allows use of third party content like audio loops and MIDI files in addition to it's native content.

I don't know what the answer is but there does seem to be a higher than normal disillusionment with the content and to a lessor degree the program.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
beatmaster #665674 07/25/21 12:29 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
As you read this thread it is important to remember context. We have people from everywhere and who embrace different genres at different levels. I love The Cure, Daft Punk, Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Public Image Ltd... I was big into the post punk thing. Yet having studied music in college, I also love bands that were orchestral, Like ELO, and the funkers, like EW&F, AWB, OP... I may be 70 but I'm not locked in a box. You have people here who will tell you that if it ain't country it ain't music. We have a guy who leads a Brasilian Samba band. We have techno/dance/trance/rave kind of people.

My idea of a fun band would play Talking Heads, Thompson Twins, Howard Jones, Daft Punk. OMD, Gary Numan, Pet Shop Boys... Just me with a wireless guitar and a bunch of MIDI instruments running around like a maniac to make sure no notes stick... But that won't be the favorite cup of tea for a 75 year old guy from the south yelling "That ain't no Hank Williams song!" Others will tell you music died when The Beatles broke up.

Point being, how daunting of a task is it for PG to make software with real track samples that will keep everybody happy? They do a really good job of it. Yet again, I still say it's getting a little "same old" and would love to see new artists samples instead of devoting a lot of time to some bit of programming minutia that maybe 4 people care about and will use once. "The most good for the most people" seems to be appropriate.

I tried to take a selfie in the shower yesterday. The water was so hot that the image was blurred because of the steam. Just more proof that I have selfie steam issues.
eddie1261 #665692 07/25/21 02:58 PM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
EDDIE.
i gotta agree with all you say.
imho its time to inject some "va va voom" or "pizazz"
into the product.
i agree when you say why should we have to buy all these other 3rd party products. for example i have other family
financial commitments.
yes its a great product; but i just feel really ...
new suites of grreat RT's would "knock it outta the park" !!
best
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
beatmaster #665712 07/25/21 07:10 PM
Off-Topic
L
Expert
Expert
L
Interesting thread. I made a decision to play modern songs in my set. Pop hits. I added a sample playlist to explain what I'm looking for. I've yet to see if I can create them in BIAB or Reaper/BIAB. I use the VoiceLive 3 Extreme, so I've got the modern vocal sounds more or less covered.

I love Realtracks, but simplicity is definitely the order of the day for some of the new Realtracks. I'd love to see the Usertracks tool developed as well. So much talent we could leverage just from this group. When I see you guys give up on tools, I tend not to go down that rabbit hole.

Sample playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3biOj8B3vi8MfAfMujvCUo?si=71ad41d1a1eb4e50

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
beatmaster #665718 07/25/21 10:51 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
+ 1 for a new band of realtrack artists.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
beatmaster #665720 07/26/21 12:02 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Seems to me if PG released a heap more RealTracks one would still find a need for a different RealTrack. Rarely do I use a RealStyle as it comes. Almost always I’ll replace or add a track. Often I wish there was a track that had this or that and sometimes create my own track. Then maybe several projects later I find the track I wish I had.

From my perspective, when it comes to creating or generating songs for me the biggest limitation is my imagination.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 07/26/21 12:04 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
90 dB #665727 07/26/21 01:19 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
While that is true, it still doesn't address the problem of overplaying. Everything is played way over the top, as a "solo". No ]finesse[/i].
Regards, Bob

Howdy 90....

I see your point but I tend to prefer the overplaying.

IE:
I don't just keep any particular default lead track as is and let it play throughout.
I tend to generate 2 or 3 versions of a particular lead track and cut them up.
That's where my arrangement work really begins. (in this context)

With this type of program I prefer they overplay.
I'll take a 1 or 2 bar riff and make it a signature revisited riff at appropriate parts of the arrangement.
Maybe the 8 bar lead line playing through verse 3 will be the one I think is best for the lead section itself.

I can cull or edit out what parts that don't fit with what my pea brain is trying to put together.
That process is how I work so I don't see it as overplaying.
I see it as having many creative options to consider and flesh out to my creative satisfaction.
Of course, that doesn't mean anyone else will think my originals are worthy. smile

Hope that makes sense....have a great day.

(Although, in reading other comments I do agree with getting new RT blood from other stellar musicians....not an easy task, I'm sure. I'm still on 2015 UltraPlusPak)

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 07/26/21 01:20 AM.
Teunis #665729 07/26/21 01:55 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Quote:
Seems to me if PG released a heap more RealTracks one would still find a need for a different RealTrack

And therein lies the heart of the issue. You can only please some of the people some of the time. No matter how many RealTracks, MIDI tracks, Styles or more were produced, something would always be missing. Not a complaint, just a fact.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
beatmaster #665772 07/26/21 06:37 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Was just wondering, who on here is going to break the bad news to Brent Mason that he has lost favour on here, (plays way too fast) and we want him out of the band, Oh I know he is going to say we we are an ungrateful lot, was available 24/7 never got drunk etc, and maybe even say we give him some sh***y songs to play on.

Maybe this is a job for Eddie.

smile

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
musiclover #665777 07/26/21 06:52 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Was just wondering, who on here is going to break the bad news to Brent Mason that he has lost favour on here, (plays way too fast) and we want him out of the band, Oh I know he is going to say we we are an ungrateful lot, was available 24/7 never got drunk etc, and maybe even say we give him some sh***y songs to play on.

Maybe this is a job for Eddie.

smile

Get me his number. I'll handle it. He's a fellow Buckeye. He can take it!

I tried to take a selfie in the shower yesterday. The water was so hot that the image was blurred because of the steam. Just more proof that I have selfie steam issues.
beatmaster #665846 07/27/21 12:49 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
So loops and Samples the way to go then ,Any recommendations for good sites where I can buy some to start giving it a go ?.

Its been posted quite rightly, about users of Biab already doing great songs using loops to add the spice.

Well that was my original point a guess , with the upgrade/cross grade cost, I will now spend it on the loops etc.

Any suggestions of good quality ones ?

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

beatmaster #665855 07/27/21 01:32 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Any suggestions of good quality ones ?

Pretty much just that Google is your best friend.

beatmaster #665886 07/27/21 06:10 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
+++ Big Fish Audio +++ is my go to for song construction kits, loops and samples. They are a distributor for many developers. They also have a free sampler, Momentum, that can slice, dice and remix a sample like Reason while offering the sequencing and playback capability of Kontakt.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Jim Fogle #665890 07/27/21 06:33 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
+++ Big Fish Audio +++ They also have a free sampler, Momentum, that can slice, dice and remix a sample like Reason while offering the sequencing and playback capability of Kontakt.

You don't say? This looks very interesting to me at this time. There was always a bit of a hurdle for me when I work with loops. Perhaps this is what I was missing. Thanks Jim, for the referral.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

beatmaster #665895 07/27/21 06:50 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
So, the resolution to the points made in this thread is that after paying $569.00 for the program, one would need to purchase some loop libraries. grin This is if you want to have a "modern" sound. cool

No new players, no new styles. It's a disappointment.

Regards,

Bob

Last edited by 90 dB; 07/27/21 06:51 AM.
beatmaster #665916 07/27/21 08:27 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Definitely be looking at Big Fish Audio !!. Thanks Jim !

OH ! do you need full version Kontakt ?.

Last edited by beatmaster; 07/27/21 08:45 AM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

beatmaster #665920 07/27/21 09:02 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Definitely be looking at Big Fish Audio !!. Thanks Jim !

OH ! do you need full version Kontakt ?.

Not for audio loops. But read the descriptions carefully as they do have Kontakt only presets. Some may say in wav, aiff, and presets for Kontakt. You can use those wav files without having Kontakt. Searching for loops is your best bet.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
beatmaster #665922 07/27/21 09:38 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
will do Mario

beatmaster #665923 07/27/21 09:45 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
will do Mario

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,353
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213