Print Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
beatmaster #666448 07/31/21 12:19 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
pipeline..............You don't have to pay that if you don't like the tracks offered !!!.

Exactly the point of my post !! I choose not too !!

Last edited by beatmaster; 07/31/21 12:21 PM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

beatmaster #666449 07/31/21 12:26 PM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
ALL.
ive pondered this thread quite a bit.
1. yes i feel if one is spending just under 600 buks...then one should expect a LOT..BUT..
2. i feel the under 100 buck (on a usb stick) option is one heck of a deal. cos one could still do a ton of songs with this option. because realband, a great daw is given free with biab.
---------------------------------------------------------
personally i'm waiting for 2022..and IF i find no great compelling reason to upgrade my 2020 ultrapak with
a 2022 ultrapak ; then the under 100 buk option i'll prolly go for. because i'm getting more and more into mario's great idea of augmenting with free // low money orch lib s.

haveing said that if pg included with biab/rb all norton style disks (via a deal with norton possibly..) and all biab styles n a zillion RT's and midi supertraks plus a full blown orch lib to rival the expensive orch libs that the big boyz use that cost thousands , and it cost 1k TOTAL.... for everything but the kitchen sink...lol..i would definitely be tempted.

because i simply cant afford thousands and thousands for all the top orch libs. my wife and i like to eat..lol.
best
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 07/31/21 12:30 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
beatmaster #666451 07/31/21 12:35 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
L.O.L. Oldmuso its no secret that I too have a love for Midi , your post (via a deal with norton possibly..) , well i would feel there is at least something there to make my upgrade worth while .

This is my take if Biab was too do the changes some folk request and it has too get more expensive then yea a can/will pay a bit more ""

Last edited by beatmaster; 07/31/21 12:36 PM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

beatmaster #666461 07/31/21 01:12 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I have not read through all this thread but yes there's loops and Virtual Instrument as mentioned that can be made into UserTracks or use direct.
How easy is this now with Midi Chord Track Drag Export.
Just drag any RealChart it into the Piano Roll, select just the Chord Track Channel, load you Virtual Instrument in that will follow this, draw the midi pattern change notes or program change in where you want the pattern to change or drag n drop any other midi patterns in like MusicLab's RealGuitars.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB21-Midi-Chord-Track.gif (395.07 KB, 194 downloads)
beatmaster #666464 07/31/21 01:24 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Pipeline.. I've always been in awe of your wisdom and skills you don't even know you possess.

I wish I had half of it, your posts are inspirational keep them coming as you are the jewel in the crown on this forum .

I am quite computer savvy but some of what you do/ develop should/could be implemented in too Biab as has been mentioned numerous times on this forum !!.

So Why then has PG Music not been in touch to do this !!.

Another mystery why they turn their back on progress and the future !! beats me !!.

beatmaster #666469 07/31/21 01:49 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
How did we get from wanting fresh artists contributing live samples to loops created with no real instruments?

I would be happy if they just made the drum parts individual tracks by default so if I don't like the snare I can replace it with a different snare. Those complied drum tracks leave no flexibility at all. I would imagine there is some way to extract the drum parts to tracks but I am not going to back to college to learn how. Just make it an selectable option to compile the drums or use individual tracks.

I tried to take a selfie in the shower yesterday. The water was so hot that the image was blurred because of the steam. Just more proof that I have selfie steam issues.
beatmaster #666473 07/31/21 01:52 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Agree ! Eddie so Pipelines magic should be what we pay for not what we should learn, if so a think we should pay him !!

eddie1261 #666478 07/31/21 02:33 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
I would be happy if they just made the drum parts individual tracks by default so if I don't like the snare I can replace it with a different snare.
You are lucky I'm here......

But until that happens you can use Live MultiTrack Drums complete/Loops and just change any drum/cymbal to what you want with a drum replacement VST, you have lots of tracks now.
If you look at the UJAM Virtual Instruments they are real session musos playing the sections, they also have a sample set of the instrument that you can use midi to add any custom riffs for drums or instruments.
I suggested to PG to have a sample set of the Real Instruments/Drums to add any custom riffs. I did make some sample sets for Oliver's guitar in the User forum.

beatmaster #666485 07/31/21 03:23 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie,

Try running your stereo drum track audio through +++ THIS +++ online application called EZ Stems.

There is a standalone service too but I didn't link to it since it is still in Beta.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Pipeline #666489 07/31/21 03:59 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline, I want the drum tracks that Real Band creates. Just not the voices that it uses. To load outside loops and such isn't going to be the drums that align with the song. Live MultiTrack Drums? UJAM? What am I not understanding here?

I tried to take a selfie in the shower yesterday. The water was so hot that the image was blurred because of the steam. Just more proof that I have selfie steam issues.
Jim Fogle #666490 07/31/21 04:00 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Jim, that link doesn't work. I select a track to upload and it doesn't even populate the track name box.

eddie1261 #666495 07/31/21 05:19 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
Pipeline, I want the drum tracks that Real Band creates. Just not the voices that it uses. To load outside loops and such isn't going to be the drums that align with the song. Live MultiTrack Drums? UJAM? What am I not understanding here?

Can you use the RealDrumChart with the voices you like ?

You can drop Multichannel drums into RealBand but it is so much easier in Reaper to match tempo and cut, copy sections around, crossfade sections and replace the voices.
The UJAM drums you can use the prerecorded sections as well as your own midi patterns/riffs.
The UJAM Guitars will follow the BB Midi Chord Track shown above, and same as drums your own midi.
https://www.ujam.com/drummer/solid/

https://www.ujam.com/guitarist/amber/

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RealBand-MultiTrack-Drums.png (389.56 KB, 167 downloads)
Reaper-MultiTrack-Drums.png (128.52 KB, 168 downloads)
beatmaster #666519 08/01/21 03:06 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Can we back up a few steps here and address my initial question?

Is there a button on Real Band that will take that compiled drum track that Real Band generated and split every part onto its own track? Let's just address that one question for right now. Check these pics out.

Here's the track screen. I click track 1 and then ctl A to select the data on the track.

From there the logical choice is MIDI and then SPLIT MIDI DRUMS.

Which gives me this result.

And then this after I okay the error message.

That is the main question I am asking. Is there a way to disassemble the Real Band generated drums so each of the components is on its own track. That will allow me to replace the kick, or the snare, or whatever. I have the VST I want to use for the replacement sounds and I know how to assign voices to tracks. The problem is that the drums are compiled and I have tried a lot of things to separate the drums onto individual tracks. This HAS to be possible.

You said that one of those things you showed will "follow" the Real Band song and play drums. I don't understand how that VST knows the drum feel I want to play.

I guess at the root is whether or not what RB generates are truly MIDI drums or not.

Last edited by eddie1261; 08/01/21 03:06 AM.

eddie1261 #666535 08/01/21 04:25 AM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Sorry I would of been here sooner but I had to use RealBand.
I opened RealBand64 (6) and set it to Also Generate RealChart, BUT it won't to do that for the Drum track, I had a crash, when I restarted RealBand I thought I would load the crashed session back so I so I clicked Ok BUT that was return to factory settings dialog, so that stuffed things up !!!
I don't NAG about RealBand bugs anymore as I use Reaper, so you will need to report the BUG that's it's not Generating the RealDrumChart.
So you can drag the drums and chart in from the BBPlugin or Biab, this will give you the midi drum track for that drum style.

beatmaster #666557 08/01/21 07:11 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here is a picture of what I want to do. I want an option to extract every component of the generated drum track and put it on it's own track. Like this. Then I can say "That kick sucks. Let me put in this kick or that snare." Will Real Band do that or not? If it doesn't, then it doesn't, though it should. I still don't know if what Real Band creates as drums are MIDI or audio. Appearance says it's audio. But this is what I want it to do.

and so forth.

Pipeline, I know you are trying hard to show me options but nothing will give me this result.

I like using this

or this

for drums, but short of sitting here tapping every note in and trying to do it it time, I have no way to do that.

Last edited by eddie1261; 08/01/21 07:13 AM.

beatmaster #666560 08/01/21 07:43 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good questions Eddie. If I had to answer this I would say BIAB or RB drums have never had kit components on separate midi tracks. But then I never really understood what all this RealChart stuff, which was introduced as a new feature in BIAB 2019.

As a result I have always made my midi drums in either EZDrummer 2 or JamStix which does permit you to change the sounds for any drum kit components.

Lets see if we can get a clear answer. Good luck. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

eddie1261 #666563 08/01/21 08:08 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, the basic solution to your dilemma is to generate MIDI drums to begin with
Then you can use RBs 'Split drum tracks' feature and get each drum on their own track

Then you can send any track to whatever synth you want. Snare from Synth A, bass drum from Synth B etc
Or send them all to any single synth
Once they are Audio (Realdrums) it becomes much more complicated, so while it may be *possible, your results will likely be less than desired and a whole lot more work

If you make them MIDI drums to begin with it becomes a whole lot easier

SplitDrums.jpg (49.98 KB, 96 downloads)
Last edited by rharv; 08/01/21 08:13 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
eddie1261 #666570 08/01/21 08:53 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, Are you uploading a stereo wave file? Is it a long file? I believe the length limit is 2 minutes. The site states any audio file but I've only tried the site with wave files.

The splitting is done in the cloud. Once a file is uploaded it is placed in a que. It may take hours before you get results.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
beatmaster #666571 08/01/21 09:26 AM
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Eddie,
I have no personal experience with any of the following but knowing you don't use BIAB, I'm reasonably sure you're unaware of these tools in BIAB. Just putting this out there so if nothing comes to fruition in your quest, these BIAB tools may work for you. They also may be available in RealBand. Again, I've not used these tools so I don't know.

The first photo shows that BIAB can create Real MultiDrum kits. There's also some PG Music designed Multi Kits you could load and study to see if they will do the job for you. As you see, they can use RealDrums, loops, and UserTracks. It appears to me you can use a Kick from one style, the snare from another and a loop for your hi-hat. You can also create totally custom sounds by creating your own loops or UserTrack either live or from a DAW and VST.

In the second photo, you'll see that BIAB offers a Drum Kit that is similar to the ones you posted earlier. The third photo is the tool window to customize a midi file from any style BIAB recognizes. That includes third party styles like Norton BIAB styles as well as any custom Midi style you create. Styles can be created from scratch, any Midi song file or by modifying existing styles. That's an endless supply of material to work with. In other words, you should be able to use any drum sound, drum beat or drum kit you can get in your possession.

The last photo seems to indicate that a BIAB project can save a Midi drum kit on separate tracks. Since all of the RealDrums now have charts, this window could possibly provide you the capability to use the Drums RealCharts on separate tracks and modify the Midi data and change patches.

Just letting you know these tools are in BIAB if not also in RB.

Create MultiDrums.png (30.22 KB, 86 downloads)
Drum Kit Window.png (183.68 KB, 86 downloads)
Custom Norton Midi Style.png (176.92 KB, 82 downloads)
Save Midi Drums on Separate Tracks.png (25.66 KB, 80 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/01/21 09:34 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
eddie1261 #666588 08/01/21 11:22 AM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Ok

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,358
Members38,411
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213