Print Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
rharv #666591 08/01/21 12:21 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
Eddie, the basic solution to your dilemma is to generate MIDI drums to begin with
Then you can use RBs 'Split drum tracks' feature and get each drum on their own track.

You have NO idea how angry it makes me when a guy from that state up north points out something that I am actually embarrassed to NOT have thought of myself. I mean, DUH, I want MIDI drums so I an assign outside drum sounds so maybe (again, duh) START with MIDI drums.

Thanks for pointing that obvious thing out.

(duh)

Last edited by eddie1261; 08/02/21 03:48 AM.

I tried to take a selfie in the shower yesterday. The water was so hot that the image was blurred because of the steam. Just more proof that I have selfie steam issues.
Jim Fogle #666592 08/01/21 12:22 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie, Are you uploading a stereo wave file?

The drum track I was trying to select was almost 4 minutes.

I tried to take a selfie in the shower yesterday. The water was so hot that the image was blurred because of the steam. Just more proof that I have selfie steam issues.
Pipeline #666593 08/01/21 12:24 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Aha!! So it IS possible!! Between that and rharv pointing out that I just need to start with MIDI drums that should do it!

Thank you all!

eddie1261 #666595 08/01/21 12:45 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Did you try the RealDrumChart as it will give the same drum style ?

Biab did have an option File > Import > Import Stems from Audio File but you needed to have Spleeter installed, I can't see that function anymore, maybe it was too confusing for users or they are going to make it self-contained ??

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605070

beatmaster #666598 08/01/21 01:09 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And again let me dig my grouchy old man heels in and again say that I am not installing Spleeter, Schweeter, Splatter, Neener, Nanner or anything else. I have PG Music BIAB/RB which costs a lot of money (to me) and I am tired of having to chain 17 other programs to it in order to make it do things it should already do. For a guy who just likes to play with toys I don't want a musical Erector Set (How's THAT for dating myself?) just to make a song. This "load that then route this and splice from the VST and then file, spin, collate and dickle" is a science project I do not care to take on. The drums in Real Band are, and have always been, really limp and have no spirit, but I am also not skilled enough, and I can't stress this enough, nor do I want to, sit and tap hi hats and drum fills in on a MIDI controller or drag little tick marks around a grid. There isn't enough quantizing in the world to pull what I would assemble into time.

I just want to be able to say "Take that weak snare out and use this one", and rharv seems to have come up with the simplest and most logical solution. Start with MIDI drums. Then I can put in John Bonham's kick and Phil Collins snare and Omar Hakim's incredible hit hat work. Somewhere I have the Steven Slate drums plugin and the amount of sound in there alone will keep me tweaking the drum sounds for weeks.

Back to topic, how about some more recent and relevant guitar and piano players in the Real Tracks?

eddie1261 #666601 08/01/21 01:31 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Did you try the RealDrumCharts ?????

Pipeline #666644 08/02/21 03:20 AM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here's a video on how to load the full RealDrums audio/mid style into RealBand to manually choose the sections.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywau2e4lzyk9j5p/RealBand-RealDrumCharts2.mp4?dl=0

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RealBand-RealDrumCharts.png (292.25 KB, 193 downloads)
beatmaster #666904 08/03/21 07:28 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Back to topic, how about some more recent and relevant guitar and piano players in the Real Tracks?

L.O.L. Controlled environment !!!.

Although some excellent advice from pipeline !!.

Last edited by beatmaster; 08/03/21 07:32 PM.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

beatmaster #667053 08/04/21 03:24 PM
Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
Important tread! More contemporary styles needed!
What you get when searching for Reggae, House, Techno, Future Garage, Chillstep, Trance (and many other newer genres of music) is a joke and not useful in any way...

Will

Will Josef #667057 08/04/21 04:36 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Those styles in Biab seem to be mainly using Loops.
If it's all electronic they can be made up in UserTracks.
There's a lot of free loops that can be downloaded to create a UserTrack but I wouldn't know where to start.
I can put midi phrases into RapidComposer and it will refit them to any chord progression to create a UserTrack.
I can make some up but you will have to give some examples of what you want, if you can point me to some examples or free midi files/Loops I can give it a go.

Pipeline #667356 08/06/21 06:42 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/sampleradar-352-free-chillout-samples-506250
https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/free-music-samples-royalty-free-loops-hits-and-multis-to-download
To Acidize the above loops set Acidizer to Disk-Based > Tempo and key,
drag all the loops in with the same key then Acidize them, close Acidizer then do the same with the next key.

Here's Chillout UserTracks made with the above free loops.
Chillout 01 Ev16 4-4 90bpm.rar
Chillout 01 Ev16 4-4 90bpm Demo.mp3
You can open the rar with 7zip and drag the folders out into bb\RealTracks\UserTracks
put the _CHILOUT.STY in your bb\Styles folder
If you want to see how to make them here's the Reaper Chillout 01 Ev16 4-4 90bpm Project Files.zip when you open these point them to the musicradar-chillout-samples folders.

Acid Tool for Reaper

Free Acidizer

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
ReaTrak-Set-Acid-Items.png (104.4 KB, 184 downloads)
Acidizer-Vista.png (99.72 KB, 214 downloads)
beatmaster #667369 08/07/21 12:31 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Interesting !! Never knew That Thanks Pipeline !

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .

beatmaster #667377 08/07/21 03:00 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I reread this whole thread again last night. There are people here who have very good understand of what they would need to make BIAB truly useful to them. Those changes are not likely to happen very soon or at any time for that matter. Some are not even possible.

I see the the Word "Brent Mason" come up many times. Brent is obviously a skilled country guitar player. But even having said that I don't think we are getting his "A game". To use Brent to the extent he is used in BAIB for many different style of music is simply not logical. Everything turns into a Brent Mason country sound. He over plays many things for no good reason. I like country and the last couple of songs I have posted have been in that style. I do not want him playing on a blues tune because to tell the truth he just does not sound like a blues player. The fact that he is a Grammy award winning musician is less meaningful to me than perhaps some people. Are you really going to promote a song to the public with " featuring Brent Mason on guitar"?

I don't use BIAB to make money or even use music to make money for that matter. It is a fun distraction that has been a lot more useful during the pandemic due to the isolation from all my musical friends. I have never been serious about "home recording" and never will be.

I certainly would be inclined to buy P G Music's latest stuff every year if there were new musicians playing new stuff in whatever genre and if they were able to fix a bunch of limitations just about everyone complains about. I also have no intention of upgrading every year based on the current offerings.
I only upgrade every two or three years as it set now.

I just don't like their DAW, I don't like Pro Tools, and I rarely use Reaper but I own all three and a couple more. I have gone to Studio One from Sonar which I used for a long time and liked as well as anything.

Like Eddie I found session drummer which came in Sonar easy to deal with. Once a midi drum track is developed there are endless sounds that can be applied. Many live drummers have midi triggers on there live drum kits both in a recording environment and live.

There is a huge number of reasons why people buy and use BIAB and a extremely wide variation in in skill level in it's use.

I will continue to use BIAB for what I can get out of it. In the total scheme of things the price is not a material amount of money.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
beatmaster #667379 08/07/21 03:10 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
I think the general consensus is we don't want to see any 2022 biab new feature video promoting any new Brent Mason Realtracks (others included) else its going to be a huge turn off to do the upgrade.

What I would like PGMusic to do is totally surprise us, give us new musician realtracks in different genre that will take us out of our comfort zone and a nice surprise as well.

Just make it a nice 2022 upgrade treat.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
musiclover #667383 08/07/21 03:39 AM
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
frankly i would like the 2022 version of biab/rb to address some of my wishlist needs.
if that doesnt happen then i will be less inclined to upgrade.
maybe i'll get the 80 buk flash drive upgrade.

i think most of us that have used daw software for any length of time could pretty much use any daw.
in my case ive used the combo of biab/rb/reaps on tons of songs. ...i simply refuse to purchase any product useing hardware dongles. i dont want a nest of them.
i just wish the capabilities we have today i had when i started doing songs seriously as a teenager doing originals.
it was a struggle cos my family and i couldnt afford studio time in pro studios.
which is why i'm thankfull today that we have lots of inexpensive tools to create songs.

for me its always been about the enjoyment of the creation process....ive never understood the desire by some people to be big frankly; as it has its negatives as ive found out from people over the years that were
seriously involved in the music biz day to day.
yeah the buks is good and the toys and cars and houses etc..
but its naieve to assume there arent downsides....like lack of privacy being just one.
so i determined just to "potter on" makeing songs that make me happy...and IF some other people find they like them...well thats a nice bonus.

i'm a happy lad right now that has a lot to be thankfull for includeing surviving major surgery (fit as a fiddle now..) and life with a wonderfull wife...
frankly i'm just glad to be around on this crazy planet.
i'll shut up now...lmao.
ps...btw i dont think...much as i admire the mans "chops" ive ever used a Brent RT on a song. but to be fair i'm very demanding both of myself and the RT's.

best
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/07/21 03:43 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
beatmaster #667384 08/07/21 03:46 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
i just wish the capabilities we have today i had when i started doing songs seriously as a teenager doing originals.
it was a struggle cos my family and i couldnt afford studio time in pro studios.
which is why i'm thankfull today that we have lots of inexpensive tools to create songs.

My thoughts exactly, If only !!!

beatmaster #672662 09/12/21 05:11 AM
Off-Topic
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
I could be totally wrong but I am under the impression that for all kinds of Techno or Hip Hop genres and subgenres people are using mostly groove boxes and/or loops, not a Chord centric application like BIAB
european superstore Thomann lists 69 products so obviously there is a huge market for them:

https://www.thomann.de/be/search_dir.html?sw=groove+box&smcs=32a97b_7258

Bernard Rasson

BIAB Audiophile 2021, BIAB Megapak 2015 (for midi-only projects), Cakewalk, Roland XV-5080, Roland Fantom XR, Aria AC60 Nylon Strings Guitar, Almansa Spanish Guitar, Fender Stratocaster Japan, two laptops
Je parle français
beatmaster #672672 09/12/21 06:19 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My main "thing" is this.

Remember the original iPhone? And how with every new model came a campaign and lines outside stores and all that insanity? (Do you HAVE to have the new phone the first day???) How often did people get newmodels and realize there was little discernable difference from the one before? They'd make claims about the new OS being faster and all of that, but how many of us knew if that was true or not? That's like going to a comedy club. Your brain is set to laugh. You are going to a place that has funny people telling funny jokes and you KNOW it is going to be funny. And then the comedian sucks, but your brain has you convinced that the comedian MUST be funny, so you laugh. That was many new iPhones.

There was a commercial once spoofing the newest bestest greatest new iPhone release. Once clip showed a tall guy with curly hair saying, with a great amount of deliberate drama in his voice. "Get this. The headphone jack is going to be on the BOTTOM!" And then made the "Brain just exploded gesture".

So when 2022 comes out, don't just move the headphone jack to the bottom. Read the wish lists and try to fulfill some of those wishes.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,348
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213