Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
This impulse buying...

Background. I once saw this girl performing on Austin City Limits. Her name is Annie Clark and she plays in an ambiguous thing that either calls HER St Vincent or her band St Vincent. Either way. And I have this very concert on my hard drive and watch it often. The music is a bit weird and techno-ish and the costuming is WAY out there, but in her own words she considers her shows art shows as much as music. Very MIDI heavy with the show run on Ableton including having the software sending MIDI patch change instructions to her pedalboard. Quite a thing.

This guitar is her design and signature model. They come in a bunch of garish colors that I don't like. But it also comes in a blackout model that I love.

And Guitar Center in Virginia has (well, HAD) a used one that is not at all dinged up. It should get here Thursday the latest.

If an inanimate object can ever be sexy, THIS inanimate object is exactly that. She is 5'7" and 120, so really thin, and if you really look at that guitar it looks like the hourglass shape of a woman.

See, I had one empty stand, and...

AND I get the Jazzmaster back this week, all white on white now!!!

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I don't think there is a 12 step program for musical equipment buying addiction Eddie. It is much less problematic than fentanyl...lol

Your are getting a bit older and you will not live for ever. As long as you die before you run out of money I don't see a problem.

The solution for me was when I started buying Tom Anderson guitars. I have looked at Suhr guitars but been so happy with Anderson guitars I have never bought another brand of guitar.

I still have a few guitars I never take out of the case with the exception of a vintage Les Paul. I don't play the Gibson very often because it is so damn heavy.

Guitar buying addiction is a problem of prosperity. On the other hand Cocaine is God's way of telling you that you have to much money...lol Been there, done that and got the T shirt...lol

Go listen to Dear Abby and take the advice...lol

https://youtu.be/LJVFY_LX9Ik

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Or to use another acronym: Gear Acquistion Syndrome also known as GAS.

BIAB 2024 Ultrapak, Studio One
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I don't think there is a 12 step program for musical equipment buying addiction Eddie. It is much less problematic than fentanyl...lol

I DID have a voice mail from the producers of Hoarders this morning...

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
TL:DR...I just looked at the picture.

Eddie, if wearing that costume makes you happy then I say go for it!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Eddie, there is a very simple solution to your guitar hoarding problem: for every new guitar you purchase just send me one of your old ones.

Very simple but very effective.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I saw the costume long before I saw the guitar.

Just saying...

...Deb

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
She is going to play Cleveland in October but the latest album us WAY toned down and I would imagine that her wardrobe will reflect the new music and be very subdued. When you get to my age and looking is all you have left, if the outfit isn't the focal point, why bother?

Her father did some time for some bond fraud and recent got out of prison, and her new CD is called Daddy's Home. I can't imagine how THAT outfit would fit with "Daddy's Home".

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This girl sort of reminds me of Devo in a strange kind of way. She is sort of sexy in a gay sort of way. Her Instagram chat with Paul McCartney was slightly "off center". Sort of hard to describe.

She has pretty good vocal ability and plays guitar well enough. The visual presentation is a bit in line with the Lady Gaga/Madonna motif.

As I said in another post, my 60 plus years of exposure to pretty mainstream music makes it a bit hard to readily connect with much of current music.

Visual effect is a huge part of current music. I tend to not just sexualize every artist first but judge the visual effect on it's impact. She does not present a "fantasy" image that would appeal to me personally but is in line with current "Hollyweird" norms. My first impression of the mode of dress was that it was pretty normal for todays music world and considerably less provocative than many. The way she dresses off stage is very normal.

Musically I would find it pretty difficult to play along with. She has mentioned the fact that she does not know what note is coming next about a third of the time.

I find Austin City Limits a strange venue for this artist.

As I am not enamored of the music, the guitar also does not personally appeal to me much.

My guitar buying addiction has always been driven by playability and sound. I am truly not a collector of of guitars.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

I assume that you meant this as a joke but from a stage perspective I could see this as a very marketable costume for any guy in todays world.

I would for sure drive to Eddie's part of the world to see him dressed up on stage like that...lol

I use to ware a pink suit a lot in Los Angeles with unbelievable results. People would knock over chairs rushing to meet me when I walked into a club in LA to ask for a autograph and photo having absolutely no idea who I was. There is incredible power in costume.

Here is a photo of Lewis and I wearing the pink suit in LA...lol

https://soundcloud.com/planobillydfw/three-long-years

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I first heard St. Vincent about 7 years ago on one of the Alternative Rock stations I listen to with the song Digital Witness. After that, I hadn't been exposed to her stuff that much.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Oh man, St Vincent is a heck of a great act - the guitars are very nice too, I've had the opportunity to play a couple (even the garish ones, which I don't mind at all). Typically good Music Man quality throughout.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

I DID have a voice mail from the producers of Hoarders this morning...

Please let me know when the episode goes to air, I'd very much like to see the whole collection laugh

Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Performing in that outfit probably wouldn't be so bad - it looks like there's a good amount of airflow for those hot gigs.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Eddie, there is a very simple solution to your guitar hoarding problem: for every new guitar you purchase just send me one of your old ones.

Very simple but very effective.

Even better - send them all to PG Music, and we can create new RealTracks with them. Please address all guitar packages to Simon. crazy

I work here
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
LOL...OK Simon you are the next act I want to come see...lol

I ask myself, would I dress up in that outfit? Then I ask myself, would I play a gig in Alabama...lol

Perhaps in LA or San Fran or even Los Vegas...perhaps...lol

Actually I really like the theatrical possibilities. I am a big fan of Frank Zappa.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Nice guitar Eddie, enjoy it, now that all your guitar stands are full, you might like to buy a few empty ones, as you will probably fill them up soon enough.

Have a look at my separate thread on harley benton parlor guitars.

smile

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover

smile

Eddie, no, definitely don't look. Aren't you supposed to be trying to stop? crazy

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Buying stuff is easy. Getting to use it is hard.

I looked at some Ovation Guitars a week or so ago and for the first time in 40 years I have a new guitar. The Ovation Elite 1778 TX plays real nice. It is a bit like the Harmony 2 box I bought two months ago.

Neither have yet been used in public. The day the TC Helicon Harmony 2 box arrived so did a lock down. I get the new guitar lay out a set for Friday night only to once again be put into lockdown.

Oh well:-(

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: musiclover

smile

Eddie, no, definitely don't look. Aren't you supposed to be trying to stop? crazy

Don't tell Eddie that Trevor, I need a review as may well buy one myself.

smile

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
In that case, call up your music store and ask do you get a discount if they sell another one to a guy from Ohio grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You will most likely get a fairly playable guitar Eddie. Perhaps it will need to be set up to fit your style of playing.

Lets use know if it stays in tune and is in tune all the way up the neck. These issues are always problematic on any guitar. Buzz Feiten tuning systems are as close as I have seen to solving the issue. Also what is the fret material and design.

As discordant as some of the riffs Annie Clark plays are, perhaps it is not too important to her and this guitar. She definitely knows how to play in other styles and spent a year or two at Berkeley school of music.

Music Man makes pretty good stuff in general. I have a Music Man bass I like pretty well.

Steve Morris also designed a guitar for Music Man which they made to his exact specifications. Steve is one of the best guitar players in the world. I understand his design ideas but I never really liked the guitar much. I know Steve from the Metroliner aircraft world....long story. Dixie Dregs may not ring a bell but Deep Purple should.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My Harley-Benton acoustic. It sounds fantastic. I play it through a slight amount of chirus and it's great.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,529
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200