Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
I'm sure everyone has heard the news, but Microsoft will be releasing their latest operating system, Windows 11, later this year! We've got a preview version of Windows 11 here, so we thought we'd try out Band-in-a-Box to see how well it works. Watch the video below to see it for yourself!

We're pretty excited for Windows 11 here, how about you?

I work here
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for sharing. Good to hear.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Thanx for showing us that it works in Win 11 or maybe I should say it works thus far!

I am not excited about Win 11. My computers will not accept Win 11.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thanx for showing us that it works in Win 11 or maybe I should say it works thus far!

I am not excited about Win 11. My computers will not accept Win 11.

It's true that a lot of computers people have purchased over the last couple years won't be able to run Windows 11 based on the requirements here posted up by Microsoft, but with how fast technology is advancing these days, I'm sure that it'll only be a matter of time before that changes as machines that meet these requirements will inevitably become the standard on the market.

We're glad that we were able to showcase that BIAB will work on Windows 11 to put people's minds at ease, even if people aren't yet ready or able to make the switch just yet.

Cheers,
Ember
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11!

This is no good ! haven't they learnt anything from Apple ?
You must screw it up so previous software will no longer work and all software developers on planet Earth will need to work overtime weeks/months on end to get their apps to work on the new OS.
My God, you don't want this getting out to Mac users they will be shocked and wonder what on Earth is going on. Nah, this couldn't be right !
Just imagine if Mac worked like this, both programs would be way ahead in development as PG would not be spending valuable development weeks/months wasted for each new Mac OS update/upgrade trying to get it working because of what dumbass Apple does to stop apps from working anymore.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Quote:

You must screw it up so previous software will no longer work and all software developers on planet Earth will need to work overtime weeks/months on end to get their apps to work on the new OS.
My God, you don't want this getting out to Mac users they will be shocked and wonder what on Earth is going on. Nah, this couldn't be right !
Just imagine if Mac worked like this, both programs would be way ahead in development as PG would not be spending valuable development weeks/months wasted for each new Mac OS update/upgrade trying to get it working because of what dumbass Apple does to stop apps from working anymore.

Never mind Pipeline. Windows didn’t totally mess it up. As I understand it you need a newish PC to get Windows 11 to run at all. Who said they couldn’t learn a trick or two.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

Journeyman
Journeyman
How about RealBand?

BIAB looks really great!

...Deb

Veteran
Veteran
I've watched several of these but not all so maybe there's another opinion. All the ones I watched say yes, they can make it work now on an old PC but since this is an early developer version MS could, and probably will tighten up the TPM requirements in the release version.

This is just FYI as I'm planning on building a new PC anyway because I want the latest hardware security with a new OS to implement it correctly. I know the majority of retired folks are not that concerned about it but I'm still doing some online tax work and I need that. Hacks are going on 24/7, day in day out and will continue as long as it's profitible for them.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Expert
Expert
I have followed the link to see compatibility, But it says coming soon ?.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I've watched several of these but not all so maybe there's another opinion. All the ones I watched say yes, they can make it work now on an old PC but since this is an early developer version MS could, and probably will tighten up the TPM requirements in the release version.

Bob

I'm with you, Bob. I am sticking with Win10. Those "workarounds" to get Win11 installed on a machine that does not support the requirements will eventually bite you (you know where)and this will render your computer useless and you'll have to revert back to Win10.

None of these "hacks" are foolproof.

Good video to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH0bAeEm1Jw

Last edited by MikeK; 08/20/21 03:55 PM.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
If it gets to a stage like Win7 where it's no longer supported and you can't afford to upgrade your hardware you may very well be thankful that there are "workarounds". I remember doing this on Mac's to run a newer OS. You don't have to allow them to steer you the way they want you to go, like steering all the cattle in one direction.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pipeline.
yep...i'm a renegade too. .
also my wife likes me being a renegade bad boy...lmao.
i dont like to be controlled in any way.
thats why i refuse to buy music software products with
those usb dongles and other very intrusive control schemes.
but i DO believe in paying for and supporting what i use.
eg pg products and reaps.

best
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Journeyman
Journeyman
No issues here. Looks/works exactly the same as on Win 10.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Don't get me started on those darn dongles, they are great aren't they, go out to do a job and forget your dongle and you're stuffed thank God for Reaper and you get the gig recorded.

You can put 11 on your current hardware with the patch then down the track you might get a good deal on newer hardware then you just replace the motherboard.

Veteran
Veteran
Don't get me started on those darn dongles, they are great aren't they, go out to do a job and forget your dongle and you're stuffed thank God for Reaper and you get the gig recorded.

You can put 11 on your current hardware with the patch then down the track you might get a good deal on newer hardware then you just replace the motherboard.

You obviously have not watched the video I posted. Watch starting at 7:05 minutes into the video.

If you get a hand on the dev version, there is no telling what's in the official release that may cause your "hack" not to work.

Also, I am probably not alone being in a financial situation to buy a new MB.

Just food for thought.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
That was the first video in the list I posted.
Don't be disheartened and give up as there is always hope if hack01.0 don't work there will be a hack02.0. Where there is a will there is a way and I would say there are millions of wills out there, so if users want to use Win11 on old hardware they will.
ps. you don't just upgrade Win10 without having a clone to fall back on.

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Quote:

I think they're saving that for when they drop Windows 13 next year. No Windows 12, just straight on to 13 for good luck. crazy

Originally Posted By: DSM
How about RealBand?

RealBand seems to be working fine as well, as does the BB plugin. I'm still doing some testing and will create another short video for each at some point soon.

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
I have followed the link to see compatibility, But it says coming soon ?.

Windows 11 is currently in Beta/Pre-release, so it is not officially available quite yet.

Thankfully Pro Tools no longer requires a physical iLok and can be authenticated via the cloud - though this requires an active internet connection at all times. I'm out of the loop on other programs though, so I don't know if others like Cubase still require a hardware E-licenser.

Originally Posted By: MikeK
Also, I am probably not alone being in a financial situation to buy a new MB.

That's absolutely true, not to mention that not everyone wants to upgrade - I have a perfectly good 6-core i7 desktop that won't run Windows 11, only because my Asus P9X79-Pro motherboard doesn't have TPM built in. I could upgrade the CPU and Ram to a 12-core Xeon and 64gb ram and it would absolutely fly, but still won't officially run Windows 11 (unless I can find one of the TPM add-on chips for it).

Don't be disheartened and give up as there is always hope if hack01.0 don't work there will be a hack02.0. Where there is a will there is a way and I would say there are millions of wills out there, so if users want to use Win11 on old hardware they will.
ps. you don't just upgrade Win10 without having a clone to fall back on.

Both are very good points, though from my technical support standpoint we suggest not upgrading to Windows 11 unless your hardware supports it, as there could be many unforeseen issues that could prevent BIAB and other audio apps from working properly.

I work here
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

I think they're saving that for when they drop Windows 13 next year. No Windows 12, just straight on to 13 for good luck. crazy

Sorry, but FAQ #207 forbids computer humor on this site.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
"from my technical support standpoint we suggest not upgrading to Windows 11 unless your hardware supports it, as there could be many unforeseen issues that could prevent BIAB and other audio apps from working properly."
Then you simply plug the Win10 cloned drive back in same as you would do on Mac when things don't work anymore and companies are taking ages to make the app compatible with this week's new OS.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,340
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213