You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#669118 - 08/19/21 11:46 AM [Beginners Forum] Sir Crash-A-Lot
Old Hippie Offline

For a program that is years and years old and costs hundreds of dollars, BiaB sure crashes a lot!

Last night it gave me an error in the middle of work warning me to save before the app crashed (which I was able to).

Today, I've been trying to import a finished song into Reaper using the BiaB VST. The song generates completely (I get the green popup box) and then the BiaB VST crashes, taking Reaper with it. This has happened at least a half dozen times. I've restarted everything including PC, renamed files, tried opening new Reaper project, etc.

Pretty frustrating. These are just the two most recent examples.
I don't run both apps at the same time.
Windows 10
Reaper 2021

Kinda disappointed. Rant over.

#669120 - 08/19/21 12:02 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Sir Crash-A-Lot [Re: Old Hippie]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Which specific build of the DAW plugin do you have there, and are you using the VST3 plugin?

#669123 - 08/19/21 12:21 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Sir Crash-A-Lot [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
Old Hippie Offline

Hi Andrew,

In Reaper it shows as:

VST3i: Band-in-a-Box DAW VST3 Plugin (PG Music Inc) (16 out)

It's the latest version that I got from the website.

Thx

#669129 - 08/19/21 12:55 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Sir Crash-A-Lot [Re: Old Hippie]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

OH.
just in case its not a biab problem, there can be all sorts of reasons for problems.
please give details about your pc. as much as you can. otherwise its difficult to advise.
what is your sound device also ?

if your pc has never been optimised for recording studio work there are all sorts of guides on the net...eg from focusrite and audient web sites.
just one of many common problems is people running
a pc not properly configged for daw work. and/or trying to run oodles of plug ins on a pc with not enough resource "oomph".

please also under the top right hand side X in reaps...there is a detail line ; what does it say ?
it will indicate latency also.

finally reaps gives various stats on pc resource useage. by any chance are you useing any plug ins other than biab that use lots of pc resources ?
in addition when you clik on the reaps icon to load a new or old project , how long does it normally take ?
are you a new or seasoned reaps user ?
if a new user , note there are a huge number of superb
help videos at reaper.fm as well as on you tube.
about 80 in all i counted.

otoh maybe it IS a biab prob.

best
oldmuso

Edited by justanoldmuso (08/19/21 12:58 PM)

PG Music News
Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

Forum Stats
36030 Members
64 Forums
74379 Topics
652616 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Bob Lee, slelekacs, Stu312, YeeL, aworsley

36030 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 138
MarioD 134