Veteran
Latest from Chris, Marty, and Dave:

Cry a River

The Band:

2734:Organ, Rhythm BluesSlow128Mike Sw 065

Chris Spruit: Vocals
Marty Straub: Bass
Dave Bell: Guitars and BGV

Drums by EZDrummer2 using midi from GrooveMonkey.

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone9

Cry a River (2021, Christiane Spruit)

You may think I cry
Cry all the time
when you and her walk by
No I don't cry
you may think tears rolling
on and on and on down my cheeks
but I tell you baby, I don't care for it
I don't cry a river over you
I don't cry a river for you

No, I cry a river
knowing that you and I just lived a lie
knowing that I
kept the truth inside
but Caught in the thought , for you
this love was true

love has left me blind
blinded by your light
But I told you once
I no longer lie
it is never too late
to take that chance
But most of all I have to allow my soul to say
turn around
when tears roll down down down
you might hide long behind a story
but you are selling yourself out

it is a slow way
for one who's been said
it's a long road to take you back to yourself
left behind
with a selfmade lie
Falling and see what was coming
taking myself, on
mendacious way

no cry
as long as I
don't ask too much
love will not die
when all the fire burns high
no fear ,no pain
can‘t see the rain
falling, …………..

All comments welcome!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi,

Very nice blues you guys.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Chris, Marty & Dave,

You make some of the best blues around... What a great song and recording.

Loved it!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Y'all are in Top Form here...

Everything sounds good. Bass - heavenly. Guitars - doing all the right stuff at the right times - and a tasty lead. Drums sound good. Organ done right (always!)

Chris' most expressive vocal yet - and that's saying a LOT. Beautiful! Nice write.

Excellent mix (no surprise there). Sounds GREAT in the 'phones!

Several listens. Worth it.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, Marty and Chris

What a track and what a team you all make! You bring some of the top music posted here and this one is up there with the best of it! Chris's vocal is excellent as always! I can't give Marty enough praise for the consistent solid low end he always put down! Last of all, Dave, your guitar work is inspiring to me! You've got the tone and technique locked down! And man did you sound good on this! Thanks, Torrey.

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Chris, Dave & Marty,

Another of your tracks which reminds me of Chicken Shack with Christine Perfect.

Everything about this is startlingly good.

Chris is absolutely flying and Dave's guitar is sublime.

And of course, Marty holding it all together in the best possible way.

Brilliant song with a spot-on mix.

Loved the whole thing.

ROG

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool groove to the song Dave. Awesome vocal from Chris. Marty's bass lines were so smooth. Your guitar a was excellent loved the edge to the strat. Well done...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great song.
Orchestration sounds wonderful.
Powerful vocals.

well done

moto

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW you all are getting better with each song!

I love the blues and I would definitely buy a CD of music like this!

Everything is pro level and should be on the air today. Outstanding vocal, great backing band, and one sweet lead!

Loved it!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool song and a lovely vocal from Chris to sell the story.

Wonderful parts by all - including the organ grinder.

Marty, fab job with the bass part - just the right amount of notes and the right notes to boot.

Those drums are cool but the kick is oddly modern sounding - less thud and more thwack I suspect. being midi you could probably edit that of send it to a sep. channel for EQing.
Love the sting in the solo Dave.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Guys,

Just had another listen - something was worrying me - the snare.

It has virtually no snare!

Slow blues (even country blues) needs a very firm snare to drive it forward.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Superb. Christiane's vocals are out of this world. I love this kind of emotional songs that communicate something personal to the listener. The harmonies, when they come in, are stratospheric. The lyrics are so beautiful ... the writing and performing are top-notch. Nothing to criticise ... this is a powerful ballad/anthem that made my day. Thank you for writing at such a high level - keep going, PLEASE :-)

P.S. at about the 5 minute mark, those LOW harmonies ... YES :-) And the guitar playing ... you're all amazing, why dissect this through analysis? Hats off!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Strong lyrics and Chris's interpretation is very emotional. The organ creates nice 60's soul vibe. Enjoyed the bass line and the convincing guitar solo.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Top notch on just about every level. Chris's voice is perfect for this kind of song (Coolidge-esque). Great job as usual.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
When I (Janice) listened earlier today I told Bud that y'all just set the piano on fire and exited the stage!

All of you are soaring high on this one. It's like a long, slow burn of goodness!

Chris, your vocals are stunning, ranging from sublime fragility to powerful.

Dave and Marty, you guys know your stuff! And anybody that foolishly has a doubt of that needs to sit down and listen to this. Period.

The mix is excellent and, man, those drums...

Soulful to the max!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Chris Dave & Marty

Expressive, powerful and engaging.

Nice work by everyone, a real stand out vocal and a beautiful accompaniment.

Well programmed drums and the organ sounds great.

Top notch.

Peter

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Stunning good blues song. The vocal is out of this world good. Such a talented woman!!!

Wow... just wow!

Will

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
BlueAttitude:

You all are just too cool for school . . . another slick, engaging tune. All the elements are there, beautifully mixed (really like the accentuating drums in spots). Chris’s vocals are as stellar as always—love those slips into a falsetto. Brilliant work!

My best to each of you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This piece has it all, no dings anywhere! Delivers from start to finish. Great work!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
floyd jane #670963 08/31/21 11:04 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi,

Very nice blues you guys.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks for the listen, Nigel!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Chris, Marty & Dave,

You make some of the best blues around... What a great song and recording.

Loved it!

Bob

Happy you liked it,
Thanks, Bob!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Y'all are in Top Form here...

Everything sounds good. Bass - heavenly. Guitars - doing all the right stuff at the right times - and a tasty lead. Drums sound good. Organ done right (always!)

Chris' most expressive vocal yet - and that's saying a LOT. Beautiful! Nice write.

Excellent mix (no surprise there). Sounds GREAT in the 'phones!

Several listens. Worth it.

fj

I run the organ through the Scheps Omni Channel plugin, it adds a little bit of extra sheen I think. It's the only thing I use that plugin for actually.

Thanks as always for the support and kind words, it is appreciated! And I always forward your comments over to Chris smile

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195