Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You think you got it bad. Go to the songwriter forum and see what my wife has been costing me...lol

Both of you could chip in and help me write the song with all that new gear yall been buying...lol

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Both of you could chip in and help me write the song with all that new gear yall been buying...lol

Well, Billy, if we have been BUYING gear, we have no money, so....

JUST recently, I bought a Korg Krome for $1000, a mixer for $200, the St Vincent guitar for $500, a new to me used Shure IEM transmitter and receiver for $200, and new custom molded IEMs from Wavs Sound for $180. We only have a total of 5 gigs, one of which is a short opening act 1 set gig, so I won't even come close to break-even for the year. If we score a good New Year's Eve gig I might come close, but even then, 6 gigs just to break even...?

Last edited by eddie1261; 08/28/21 04:18 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Huh, I didn't think he meant chip in with $$, but more with effort (using your new gear)
Help him write the song .. or I could be wrong, which would make it my fault as usual

Quote:
.. chip in and help me write the song with all that new gear yall been buying

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Actually, I think this should be done on Zoom. We should invite anyone who has an interest in BIAB. Someone like Matt should put it together and someone like David should do the mixing and get Bud to master the thing. Have anyone who has better ideas for the lyrics jump in.

The only thing left is to find a singer, a humdinger. I can take care of that.

It would be fun to see something go together from start to finish done by people who really know BIAB.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
Huh, I didn't think he meant chip in with $$, but more with effort (using your new gear)
Help him write the song .. or I could be wrong, which would make it my fault as usual.

He'd be better off asking for money....

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
My i7 is from 2014 and is a 40xx. It’s fine. This is silly I can’t upgrade.

Friends and family count on me, a former comp. sci. prof, to stay current. It doesn’t help Microsoft that someone like me cannot upgrade.

I fully agree that a 4-series i7 is powerful enough to run Windows 11 (I own one too, a slightly more esoteric 4930K on the LGA2011 platform), but this hardware predates even Windows 10. People have been able to get Windows 11 running on older hardware like this, but the problem is going to be with the hardware drivers - the motherboard manufacturers probably will not write a bunch of new drivers to support our 4th-gen hardware in Windows 11, since they're not going to profit from doing that. People even with "supported" 7th or 8th-gen chips might not even get full driver support for some of their hardware, though I'm primarily looking at the pre-built manufacturers like Dell/HP/etc.

As usual, it'll probably be possible to get some older Win10 drivers working in Win11 (as I've done already with my Win11 machine), but we should all know that this could be a mixed bag for success or stability. Basically what I'm saying is that it's not necessarily Microsoft's fault that older hardware may not work, since they rely on the motherboard manufacturers for drivers, who then rely on the chipset/lan/sound/video/etc chip manufacturers for drivers...

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Sure you CAN upgrade, Matt. It's just going to cost you. And therein lies the complaint I have had against Micro$oft and Apple. They hold us hostage with their upgrades that require hardware replacement. There comes a point where they create yet another new OS that your hardware can't run. I had an original iPad that couldn't run the OS needed to run the cooler new apps. I hate them for this business model of forced obsolescence.

That's just how it goes with technology. At some point the OS makers need to remove functions that are holding back the OS from greater improvements. Can you imagine how many problems there might be if Windows 10 still supported Pentium III or original Athlon chips?

Apple does this a lot, we all know that, but this stops the OS from becoming as bloated as it would be if it supported older machines. Microsoft is doing this with the TPM chip in an attempt to increase security in Win11. Windows 10 gave us a lot of free lunch, considering it can run (poorly) on computers released 10 years before the OS itself, but at some point the free lunch has to end.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for either Microsoft or Apple; I'm in the same boat as many of you guys. My LGA2011 machine doesn't officially support Windows 11 despite being able to handle 12-core CPU's and 64gb of RAM, nor does my 2009 Mac support Catalina, Big Sur, or the upcoming Monterey despite also being able to handle 12-cores and 128gb of ram.

Last edited by Simon - PG Music; 08/30/21 10:08 AM.

I work here
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
he he ! to quote school of rock (that film is so entertaining with jack black) stick it to the man..
support the PI...lol.
i would love to see the pi turn the industry on its head
with a 5 ghz processor.
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I can wait to see how this sorts itself out. No doubt there will be further changes to policy.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
E-waste creator.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
E-waste creator.

Hmmmm, maybe closer to the mark than we would all like. Hundreds of millions of computers dumped at the recycle centers cry

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
E-waste creator.

Hmmmm, maybe closer to the mark than we would all like. Hundreds of millions of computers dumped at the recycle centers cry

Possibly hundreds of millions of cheap computers and parts flogged on craigslist for cheap - I know I'd like that part!

I work here
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard $25
*Note only works with Win 10 or earlier.

Yes that will come in handy until October 14, 2025 then just bury it in the back garden.

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff

Yes that will come in handy until October 14, 2025 then just bury it in the back garden.

We as a society need to figure out new ways to reuse or recycle old tech like this.

Funny enough, I had the idea while writing this that I could stack a bunch of motherboards and built a guitar out of them. Hmmmmm....

I work here
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
We especially need to do better retrieving rare earth materials from surplus electronics. Since most of the supply is in China, we are heading into a problem.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

We as a society need to figure out new ways to reuse or recycle old tech like this.

Funny enough, I had the idea while writing this that I could stack a bunch of motherboards and built a guitar out of them. Hmmmmm....

INTELocaster

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That guy really knows how to work clear acrylic. The pc parts are just window dressing. Plus he stripped a real Fender for the guitar parts.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
My brother recently gave me two desktops. Problem is no updated drivers since Windows VISTA in one and the other machine is an unknown. Trying to decided:

Find a VISTA install disc
Install Linux and hope for drivers (I do talk Linux.)
Gut the machines for their hard drives and memory

Obviously no chance of Windows 10 working.

And who knows about the unknown machine. No markings at all.

Probably great machines in their prime but not really worth much now.

...Deb

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DSM
My brother recently gave me two desktops. Problem is no updated drivers since Windows VISTA in one and the other machine is an unknown. Trying to decided:

Find a VISTA install disc
Install Linux and hope for drivers (I do talk Linux.)
Gut the machines for their hard drives and memory

Obviously no chance of Windows 10 working.

Probably great machines in their prime but not really worth much now.

...Deb

I wouldn't write them off yet, main desktop will be 12 years old next february, flies along in windows 10 with an SSD and some extra memory.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DSM

If you download SiSoft Sandra it will identify everything on the mystery computer.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thank you!

...Deb

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195