Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool backtrack. I can see how it put you in the mood for such a lovely vocal and lyric. Well done Noel

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
This is SO beautiful!!! A summer song, for us all to relax to and forget our worries! Beautifully sung, too. It reminds me a little of "Bein' Green" (or "It's Not Easy Being Green"). It fills me with joy, just like that song fills me with joy. Bravo!!! we could all do with more songs like this, to lift our spirits - thank you!!!

(P.S. LOVE the syncopation around "Everest")

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

A song full of sunshine! Such a positive message...

Nice production. Good vocal (a "signature" Noel sound!). Well mixed.

Good to see a new one from you! Hope all is well on your side of the world...

fj

Hi floyd!

It's great to see you smile Thanks for dropping in.

I'm glad to read that the mix and production sounded OK. They're always the hardest part for me.

Things are not too bad here in Australia. I've been reading about Florida and covid quite a bit, though. I hope that you and your family are doing all right and staying out of harm's way.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Noel,
Very nice positive tune. We surely need good vibes now. Strong vocals, great instrumental arrangement, with cool breaks. Neat percussion. Mixed very well. Easy listen. Ohh yes, that tin whistle. It is wonderful. I hope we get more smile
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh wow Noel! Great song and production. Amazing how using totally different instruments style you made them work so well.
Loved it!

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Noel,

Cool retro beach sound. It would have fit right in with so many of the beach movies that were prevalent back in the 60's. You did a great job on the vocals. The band and instruments you chose really fit the genre well. It was a nice departure back to a more innocent time, even just for a moment. Thanks for posting it.

Hi Bawb,

Thanks for taking time to visit and to listen. Much appreciated. Thanks for your comments, too. I love music from the 60s and I often find that what I write and arrange ends up with musical elements from that period.

Thanks again and all the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Lovely burst of melodic positivity, Noel.
'I feel like running up Everest and touching the sky'. Really like that line and the way you sing it (and of course the way you sing the whole song).
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
G'day Noel....

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.
You have great command of your personal 'style'.
Always a relaxing, carefree vibe to your material.

Well done....keep up the good work.

Back to it....

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Yet another positive uplifting song from you Noel. Had a listen on the headphones, your vocal the backing tracks, everything coming together so well. Your choice of instruments to use is brilliant, sound so complete together. Must have taken you a while to get that mix together.

I can easily imagine this song in a Musical, Just a wonderful song.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel,

I'm sure some time ago I told you your vocals sounded like those of Robin Gibb, from the BeeGees. But not from the times they sang super high, but later in his solo time. You denied knowing him, as I can recall. But now listening to this very very nice song, the same feeling came to me about the vocals. And as a former fan of them I know now, it is true!
But beside that part, your song was delicate to listen to, but also a happy song. Someone called it á piece of sunshine' or something of the kind. I think it was Floyd.

I think the choice of instruments was well done. The flute worked out nicely here.

So, I enjoyed my listen very much,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

Such a beautiful song... One of your best vocals.

Love the sentiment and arrangement - sounds like a lost Roger Whittaker track.

Excellent as always!

Bob

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
This had its own sound/feel/touch to it , for sure a lovely melodic beach, sunshine feel good song, that inspires the listener ! and poppy sound that you tap along too,

Vocals, for the style you do Noel , Absolutely a perfect fit and range Your voice suits your material That you produce .

Thanks

Hi Beatmaster!

It's great to see you. Thanks for passing through my thread. Thanks for commenting, too. I appreciate your thoughts.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nobody does what you do better. 2582 was perfect for you, I can hear why you employed it. Loved the crescendo in the melody. Fantastic work!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I really like this one, Noel!

Has your signature vocal sound as others have mentioned. Congas work really well, as does the EZD2 shaker. And I've always been a fan of the tin whistle, nice choice.

Just lovely!

And great to see you with a new song too! smile

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW what a fantastic song. Your vocal is spot on. Loved the tin whistle lead, great choice! The popping sounds add a melodic rhythm to the groove, brilliant.

Two thumbs up.

Hi Mario.

Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate your comments, too. When I heard that tin whistle, I was determined to use it. It was serendipity that it worked with the popping synth track!

It's good to see you.

Take care and all the best,
Noel

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
nice positive song mate.
just an idea , maybe double the vocs...in places
eg in choruses for example.
"when i'm with you etc ..."
best
om

Hi om.

Thanks for the visit. Also, thanks for mentioning that about doubling the vocals. It honestly never occurred to me. The minute I read your thought, I could hear exactly what you meant. It would definitely enhance my production.

Thanks again for dropping by,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Mr UP & SMILING as always.
I loved :Sailing with you
Sharing the sun and embracing the blue.

Hi Ray,

Good to see you. That's one of my favourite lines too. On reflection, I think I could have worked that metaphor a lot better than I did. Still, it is what it is and and I can always revisit it if the urge ever grabs me.

Thanks for taking the time...

All the best,
Noel

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Fantastic and uplifting Noel.

Great choice of instrumentation, the breaks came as a pleasant surprise, and lyrically your rhyming style works perfectly.

Excellent mix. There's a real lot to like about your delivery and production.

Hi Trev,

It's great to see you drop in. Thanks for listening. Actually, those little rhythmic variations came about from the rhumba rhythm (I'm using a rhumba bass RT, though people in the Americas seem to spell it without an "h"). Because this rhythm is based on an eighth-note pattern that fits to the eighth-note count of 12312312 (this is one bar), I thought I'd try it in the melody.

When I set words to this, I got...

When I tried it, I liked the resulting interruption to the rhythm so I kept it.

It's good to know that all those years of learning about dance rhythms has paid off for me!

Thanks for the visit.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
This cheerful song flies in the face of the on-rushing tide of bad news we encounter day by day. Very refreshing. I can almost smell the sun-drenched seaweed! Well done.

Take care,

Ghostgum.

Hi Ghostgum,

Thanks for passing through. Yeah... there's quite a bit of doom and gloom around right now.

I grew up in a little seaside town and around once a year piles of kelp and other seaweeds would wash up on the local beaches. When I read, "Sun-drenched seaweed," the smell was amazingly there, and very real, inside my head again (over 50 years later). Thanks for the step back in time.

Thanks for taking time to listen and to comment, too. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Wow, you sure created something special from a tin whistle and synth, Noel. Lovely song, very uplifting --right to touching the sky.

Hi Marty,

Thanks for jumping in and having a listen. The whistle and synth are such great sounds. I always like finding backings that inspire my creativity. BIAB is fantastic where that's concerned. I've been using the program for 15 years and I'm still finding out new stuff!!!

I sincerely appreciate your time and your comments.

All the best,
Noel

================

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Always pleasure to hear your upbeat lyrics and melodies. The inspiring instruments support beautifully the "touching the sky" mood. I really like the tin whistle RT - flying free like the seagulls. Great production and your pleasant vocal is always something to wait for.

Janne

Hi Janne,

It's great to see you smile Thank you for dropping by.

I'm glad you picked out "Touching the sky." That was one of my favourite lines, too. I don't know why. Maybe because whenever I sing it, I see this little cartoon character in my head puffing and panting as he runs up Mt Everest and, at the top, he jumps up and touches a cartoon sky! That probably sounds weird. Oh well...

I appreciate your visit. Thanks again!
Noel

================

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great melody, beautifully sung, and well produced. Great to hear you again!

Hi TuneMonger.

Thanks for giving the song a listen and writing your thoughts. I honestly appreciate it.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Man, you really did use that whistle to marvelous effect. Such a feel-good sound for such a feel-good song. Splendidly phrased lyric (the Everest line bounces so classy). Really smile-inducing. Thanks. I needed that.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
As already said, it's got the signature upbeat Noel sound.

"Sweeping the sea/you and me/...flying free"

Nice rhymes and alliteration.

Love the "stop" at 1:57.

A pleasure to listen to.

Hey David,

Thanks for taking time to listen. Thanks also for noticing all those "ee" sounds and the alliteration. That second section was so loaded with sonic relationships that I didn't worry about whether there was a rhyme scheme or not!

Appreciate the visit.

Regards,
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I certainly enjoy the Noel music genre.

Such a positive, upbeat song.

Engaging melody and lyrics.

Tin whistle is a cool add. Gives it a bit of a Celtic flavor.

Hi ES!

Thanks for passing through the thread. It was the Celtic flavour that I heard when I first listened to the whistle. It captivated me.

I appreciate that you had time to have a listen.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,489
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195