User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel

Incredibly upbeat and uplifting.

Need a bit of this in Sydney at the moment!

Lovely work.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.

Melbourne and Sydney have swapped places since you wrote this. However I look at it, though, Australia has done well when it comes to covid. It's easy to lose sight of just how seriously damaged the world is because of this virus.

Thanks for listening and commenting. I'm glad you had time to give it a run through.

Regards,
Noel

========

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Yes it is "Such a Wonderful Day"

A happy song.

moto

Hi Captain!

Thank you for listening. I appreciate it greatly.

All the best,
Noel

========

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Noel,

This sounds great mate!

That whistle is a a good choice.

Nice to hear from you again.

Hey David!

It's always good to see you. I actually have a few songs written. Circumstances haven't favoured me when it comes to sitting down and getting them recorded. I'll get there one day! I'm envious of your ability to create so consistently.

Thanks for dropping in.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Such a wonderful day
A beautiful world
And a marvellous life
And right here and now
This moment is gold
You, me, sunshine and adventure all align"

Noel, your songs are so joyous! You know what a sentimental sort I (Janice) am and this beautiful song of yours made me smile all the way through. Bud was smiling too!

The tin whistle is a great addition and the entire production is so smooth. We like the stops in the arrangement also. Your vocal, as always, is soothing to hear.

We've always loved the positivity in your songs but these days it is appreciated even more. We hope all is well with you and yours and we look forward to your next song.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Hi Janice.

It's so good to see/read you smile This song literally came about by an accident. Serendipity is what people call it, I think. I honestly don't know why I write songs with positive vibes. As I've said before, I think it's my mother's fault. She always managed to see the best in everyone and every situation. Now that I'm in my 60s, I have no idea how she managed to do that. Maybe a tiny amount of her outlook on life rubbed off on me. Wherever it comes from, though, I'm glad it inspires me to create music. I honestly cannot imagine life without Band In A Box.

All the best to you and Bud,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Such a wonderful Feelgood song!!! Really nice work Noel.......song and production are top notch!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Noel,

As always, it's a very positive song.
I feel uplifted.
The addition of a little Latin touch is also very nice and fresh.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
'Noel96'...

This is the very first thing that came to my mind after I listened to your wonderful song, 'Such a Wonderful Day':

"Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together..."

Do you recognize those lyrics? They're from a 'smash hit' song that was released in 1963.

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Noel,

Great song with great vocals that we remember so well.
We love the whistle RT and that sweet midi sequence that comes out throughout the song.

Rob and Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Noel,

This sounds great mate!

That whistle is a a good choice.

Nice to hear from you again.

Hi David,

It's always a pleasure to see that you've jumped into one of my threads. Thanks for the visit. I appreciate the feedback, too.

All the best,
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool backtrack. I can see how it put you in the mood for such a lovely vocal and lyric. Well done Noel

Hi Scott,

It's great to see you. Yeah, most of the backing track came first with this one. In this regard, the process of creating this song was more like "top line writing". I know that floyd has mentioned this process a few times. For those who may read this and not have heard about top line writing...

...it's a process where song producers create a complete backing track. This is then sent to writer(s) who create words and music to sit on top of the production. This process is very common in today's pop industry.

Sorry to get side tracked! Thanks again for dropping in.

Hope good things come your way,
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: musician17
This is SO beautiful!!! A summer song, for us all to relax to and forget our worries! Beautifully sung, too. It reminds me a little of "Bein' Green" (or "It's Not Easy Being Green"). It fills me with joy, just like that song fills me with joy. Bravo!!! we could all do with more songs like this, to lift our spirits - thank you!!!

(P.S. LOVE the syncopation around "Everest")

Hi James,

Thanks a tonne for passing through the thread. I sincerely appreciate it.

I don't know what to say after reading your wonderful comments! I'll take them, though smile Also, I apologise for not getting back to you swiftly. Life pulled me out of the mainstream for a while. I'm back now, though, and will be in touch soon!

Thanks again for taking time to listen and to comment.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Noel,
Very nice positive tune. We surely need good vibes now. Strong vocals, great instrumental arrangement, with cool breaks. Neat percussion. Mixed very well. Easy listen. Ohh yes, that tin whistle. It is wonderful. I hope we get more smile
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Hi Misha!

Thank you for taking time to have a listen and to write some comments. I'm very grateful. I really enjoyed creating this song. For me, I think it's definitely easier to be inspired by happy thoughts rather than thoughts of angst or reflection.

Thanks again for visiting!

My best regards,
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Oh wow Noel! Great song and production. Amazing how using totally different instruments style you made them work so well.
Loved it!

Mike B.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for dropping in. It's great to see you. Thanks for having a listen, too. I sincerely appreciate your comments.

All the very best!
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Lovely burst of melodic positivity, Noel.
'I feel like running up Everest and touching the sky'. Really like that line and the way you sing it (and of course the way you sing the whole song).
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon,

I'm glad to see that you had time to drop in and have a listen! Much appreciated.

You picked out my favourite line of the song! I struggled with trying to fill this last line of the bridge for a long time. Even though nothing came to mind, it seems that my head was cycling permutations and possibilities in the background because I literally awoke one morning and it was the first thing on my mind. I like it when that happens smile

Thanks again for passing through the thread.

All the best with your own songwriting,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
G'day Noel....

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.
You have great command of your personal 'style'.
Always a relaxing, carefree vibe to your material.

Well done....keep up the good work.

Back to it....

Hi Chulaivet,

Thanks for dropping by. I'm glad you have a chance to have a listen. I appreciate your comments, too.

Best regards and happy songwriting!
Noel

======

Originally Posted By: musiclover
Yet another positive uplifting song from you Noel. Had a listen on the headphones, your vocal the backing tracks, everything coming together so well. Your choice of instruments to use is brilliant, sound so complete together. Must have taken you a while to get that mix together.

I can easily imagine this song in a Musical, Just a wonderful song.

Hi musiclover!

It's good to see you. I hope that all is travelling well over in your section of the world! Thanks for listening. I always struggle with mixing. This one took a couple of weeks to bring together in a way that I was mostly satisfied with what I heard. Still, it's fun! I can't imagine life without BIAB.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Noel,

I'm sure some time ago I told you your vocals sounded like those of Robin Gibb, from the BeeGees. But not from the times they sang super high, but later in his solo time. You denied knowing him, as I can recall. But now listening to this very very nice song, the same feeling came to me about the vocals. And as a former fan of them I know now, it is true!
But beside that part, your song was delicate to listen to, but also a happy song. Someone called it á piece of sunshine' or something of the kind. I think it was Floyd.

I think the choice of instruments was well done. The flute worked out nicely here.

So, I enjoyed my listen very much,
Hans

Hi Hans,

Thanks heaps for passing through the thread.

I'm a huge Bee Gees fan from long before they defined the disco era. Although they were born in the Isle of Mann, they grew up in Queensland, Australia. They started making a name for themselves here in the 1960s.

Here's one of my favourite songs from 1968. This kind of folk sound really sits very comfortably with me. Now that I'm listening to the below clip, I think many of my productions have overtones of this period in time.

Thanks for all your comments. I am very grateful.

All the very best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Noel
This song is really a lot of fun
Very well played and sung
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,449
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195