Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#671165 - 09/02/21 09:27 AM [Off-Topic] ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube
Loc: Ireland
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi All

Not sure if anyone posted this but in 15 mins ABBA are launching new music and hologram show I guess
Here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJBGk9Hed8o

Hugh

#671174 - 09/02/21 11:02 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Wow that's busy cannot even get on it yet !

#671191 - 09/02/21 12:08 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: beatmaster]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi This is the first song "I still have faith in you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzEY1MfXrQ

Its a bit of a grower and although not probably in there top 20 songs its better than I thought it would be.
The end of the song is real Abba complexity,
Thats my thoughts
Hugh

Edited by Hugh2 (09/02/21 12:09 PM)

#671196 - 09/02/21 12:18 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: beatmaster]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi
The second song "Dont shut me down"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWGWFa3jznI

Abba have changed from break up songs to make up songs!

Again probably not in there top but fair play after forty years they still can produce well,
Hugh

#671197 - 09/02/21 12:20 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation......

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#671266 - 09/02/21 06:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Guitarhacker]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi
Another secret Abba fan !! lol
H

#671293 - 09/02/21 11:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: WV, USA
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation......

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Me too Herb. LOL grin

#671296 - 09/03/21 01:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Like them or not, overall ABBA made an enormous musical contribution to the world, probably more than any member here has been able to achieve, especially including me. I wouldn't feel I had the right to criticize anything they had delivered. YMMV.
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#671312 - 09/03/21 05:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: VideoTrack]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi Videotrack,
The back catalogue of songs ABBA have is only second to The Beatles.
The vocals of ABBA are unequalled in my opinion especially when you put the two singers together.The production values are unmatched as well ,you can see this by the longevity of their appeal and that there have been no successful covers of their hits over the years.They were also ground breaking when it came to technology and still are.They really were the first group to use the music video as a way to get their music out,granted this was out on necessity as they didnt want to travel.
I particularly like the way that no part of the song is left to drift on ,there is a musical hook or an intricate harmony to keep the listener's attention.
Hugh

#671316 - 09/03/21 06:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Loc: Miami, Florida
Planobilly Online   content
Expert

Loc: Miami, Florida
Like them or not, they are highly skilled musicians who are on the four front of merging the physical and the digital world. This is a glimpse into the future of music.

You don't have to like the direction and state of today's music but it is unstoppable.

Abba has a huge worldwide following. They have been and continue to be a highly influential force in the music world.

Fascinating stuff!

Billy

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

#671317 - 09/03/21 06:08 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Quote:
...you can see this by the longevity of their appeal and that there have been no successful covers of their hits over the years....

Yes, that statement by itself is complete testament to their capability.
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#671338 - 09/03/21 07:33 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Mark Hayes Offline
Journeyman

As an "ABBA-positive listener" I've gotten used to the eyeroll response when their name is mentioned. I suspect it's more than half based on their old stage costumes, and the suspicious nature of the boy girl boy girl layout. The lyrics to "Dancing Queen" certainly don't help.

But while I defend their music with all my heart, the sternness of some of the counter-responses here is surprising. I mean, does someone really need to pass a test of musicianship to have the right to LOL at musically brilliant but often silly 70's sunshine pop? Any more than someone needs to pass a test to like it?

I discovered ABBA late in time, around 1998, and their music had a strange effect on me. I couldn't stop listening to it. Part of this was the new thrill of MP3 hunting – I put together a large collection from FTP sites – but mostly it was just the stickiest ear candy I'd ever heard, and it sounded better and better the more and deeper I listened.

I remember one time I was listening at work, on headphones, and the guy from the next cube came over and said, please, stop, please don't play "Dancing Queen" a 17th time. I'm still fascinated by the fact that he kept an accurate count.

#671431 - 09/03/21 05:28 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Loc: Austin, TX
Le Miz Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks for the links, Hugh2!

After 1 listen, I liked the second track "Don't Shut Me Down"; after 1 listen the first did nothing for me.

ABBA is a top 20 all-time artist for me. I took significant abuse from my friends for liking them in the 70's (in the US).

I think history has proven that I was onto something.

I like melodies, and ABBA recordings had actual tunes, with groundbreaking production.

(Aside: I think Cole Porter would have been proud to have written "Head Over Heals"; "The Visitors" is a top-ten all-time album for me.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2_PZwKDPg "Head Over Heals" ABBA 1981, from the album the "The Visitors"

I can still remember my euphoria while listening on headphones, the music exploding in my ears, and the rush I got, the first time I heard "SOS", "Mamma Mia", and "When I Kissed The Teacher".

It was clear to me they had gone to school on Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys (something I've since seen confirmed by the guys in a documentary).

My favorite ABBA track is "Why Did It Have To Be Me", an obscure track featured in the film "Montenegro".

I'm posting a live version I just found; to my astonishment, they were a great live band also. (IMO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNCDt51cwLs "Why Did It Have To Be Me" ABBA 1977 live in Australia

I like that all four of them sing on the studio track (unusual), I like the sax, and I especially like the syncopation in this shuffle.

I didn't care then what people thought of me for liking ABBA.

I certainly don't care now.

I like what I like. It has worked out well for me,
since I am the one who pays for my records / CD's etc.

#671470 - 09/04/21 02:20 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Le Miz]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi Le Miz,
Benny Anderson was a big Beach boys fan and I think Bjorn liked The Carpenters.
They had some awful stuff too before they had the great stuff even they admit that.
The two girls were true pros as they sung any old rubbish the boys threw at them until the songs got up to scratch.
Not sure I have a favorite ABBA song but I think Dancing Queen and The Winner Takes it All are recognized master pieces by almost everyone.
The difference between the girls in Fleetwood Mac and ABBA is that in ABBA they were a real team and sang the same lyrics together all the time.I suppose thats partly to do with the Fleetwood Mac girls singing their own songs whereas the boys from Abba dis all the writing .
Frida's pronounciation on the new song could have been better if I have a critism.
If you look at her English on Fernando its flawless.
I think you have to judge a song on the merits of the song rather than the bands costums,following size and political views etc .If you judge ABBA on their songs alone they come out at the very top with only the Beatles having more top songs than them.The songs may even have more longevity than the Fab Four and definitely the girls vocally were stronger.
Benny and Byorn of course wrote "One Night In Bangkok" people forget outside of ABBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Hugh
p.s that was a great performance in Australia "why did it have to be me."

Edited by Hugh2 (09/04/21 02:25 AM)

#671480 - 09/04/21 04:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Veteran

So far 'Dont Shut Me Down' has it for me. Gets moving in traditional Abba style and has a Cliffhanger ending.
'Still Have Faith' although great writing, is clearly internally meaningful to them and goes on a bit too long.
However I wonder if these are the 'best' tracks on the album, hence the push.
Bests
Ian
PS - I'm a firm Abba fan BTW who still thinks Visitors album their best album.

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#671486 - 09/04/21 05:10 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: sixchannel]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi Ian,
Id be a bit worried for the Album if these songs although good are the best.
I think the ABBA from the 70s would have started I still have faith in you with the chorus rather than such a slow build .If it were up tempo all the way it would be very very good.
I think the push is probably due to the long 3 yr delay in releasing them and they had a covid window to get them out and they went for it.Added to this they wanted to maintain interest in the Avatar project.
Also I think the song "the visitors" itself is a very underestimated song and neither of these two songs are at the "One Of Us" level but not many songs are,
rgds Hugh

#671699 - 09/05/21 03:41 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
"Don't shut me down" is a very good song! I'm really happy (and also amazed) that Abba is back. They are great songwriters and producers. Among the best in my opinion (and I say that even if their style of music is far from what I normally listen to).

Will

#671747 - 09/06/21 08:44 AM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
sixchannel Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi Ian,
Id be a bit worried for the Album if these songs although good are the best.
I think the ABBA from the 70s would have started I still have faith in you with the chorus rather than such a slow build .If it were up tempo all the way it would be very very good.
I think the push is probably due to the long 3 yr delay in releasing them and they had a covid window to get them out and they went for it.Added to this they wanted to maintain interest in the Avatar project.
Also I think the song "the visitors" itself is a very underestimated song and neither of these two songs are at the "One Of Us" level but not many songs are,
rgds Hugh

'Visitors' - maybe it was a time of their best lyrics too.
If you've ever had a daughter growing up from a child to a young girl, ''Slipping Through -' will get you every time.
'Angel' too, about memories of a Loved One who has passed, is a stunning piece of writing.
Bests
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#671807 - 09/06/21 02:12 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: sixchannel]
Hugh2 Offline
Journeyman

Hi Ian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQxGgTk_QI

Slipping through my fingers
Brilliant bit of songwriting and vocals and a lovely guitar solo too

Hugh

#671973 - 09/07/21 01:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: ABBA New Music?or something big 5:45 pm BST to launch on Youtube [Re: Hugh2]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin, including a new Chord Settings dialog (with Chord Builder, Chord Theory, and MicroChords tabs), the MicroChords feature (the ability to enter multiple chords per beat, four pages for a total of 32 tracks (8 style tracks, 16 utility tracks, and 8 multi-riff tracks) plus a Style Mix track, the ability to drag MIDI chords and markers to DAW, volume sliders for each track, the ability to save/load chord progression, and much more!

The newest DAW Plugin is included in all Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows purchases - and Upgrades are on sale this month... up to 50% off!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

We've made a great tutorial feature for 7 of the 10 major features of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.
(the other 3 drum stems, track settings, and ReMix Vocal Songs will be covered in "Boot Camp, part 2/2" - coming soon!)

Here is Part 1/2: Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

Table of Contents:
All Tracks are Equal 00:50
Playable RealTracks 9:00
MultiRiff 24:35
MicroChords 38:24
Motifs 48:51
Volume Node Automation 51:18

Coming soon in part 2:
Drum stems
Track Settings "One-Stop-Shop"
ReMix Vocal Full Songs
222 new RealTracks
1-Click Downloader/Installer

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

Forum Stats
35222 Members
63 Forums
71795 Topics
625480 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JudeEngbretson, agen slot online, gunyalizop, N67, sjk

35222 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 466
VideoTrack 262