Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#672069 09/08/21 02:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello everyone,

I made this song when I realized how much time I (we) spent on watching movies from Netflix, Disney, Amazon or whatever. They can do strange things to your mind, I mean my mind. I can assure you!
This is an example: https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130/too-many-movies
I used a talkbox from BiaB for my instrumental solo.
There are some female vocals involved in the song, but they are all from Realyvox 'The Ladies' and my keyboard.

I hope you like it, but don't hesitate to tell me what you think of it.
Oh, the cover was made by my son and me when fooling around making a cover for a former song. I decided to use it for this song.

Hans
===============================================

Lyrics
Too many movies
v
I'm floating on a river
My hands are tied on my back
It seems I'm in trouble
Future now looks black!

-break-
v
Around me creepy wildlife
But none to help me survive
It seems I'm in trouble
No idea what to do

Ch
I was kidnapped on a Sunday
Dragged into a car, that was bizarre!
No way this was funny
Bad things happened there to me
v
Their interrogation was real horror
The stress I couldn't bare nomore
I yelled, I cried
Everything I tried, but...

-break-
=solo=
v
Finally, torture ended, it was a mistake
Got some food and water, but kind of fake:
Tepid water, bone dry bread, no toppings
These guys were really mad!

Ch
I was kidnapped on a Sunday
Dragged into a car, that was bizarre!
No way this was funny
Bad things happened there to me

I was the spy from Russia, they called me
Like in a James Bond movie
"But I'm from Holland", I cried
They nodded with compassion, but still convinced I lied
v
So here I'm floating on that river
My hands tied on my back
I hear white water, a waterfall?
Any help will come too late

Or, maybe...          
I watched too many movies
today...

[Song] [Title Too many movies]
[Key Am ] [Tempo 110]
[.Sty _MILDLY.STY] [Style Mildly-Swung Funk Pop Bari Solo]

RealTracks in song:
2613:Bas
2157:Piano, El. Vintage,
3703:Guitar, Ac, Fingerpicking
3351:Guitar, Bariton El., Swampy Blues
3352: Guitar Solo, Swampy Blues Talk box
3492:Guitar, El., Ska
1858:Synth, Euro Dance HousePiano
RealDrums: Funk, Disco
Keyboard, Native instruments and Realivox Ladies (me)

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Hans,

What a cool sounding track! I love how your vocal fits like a glove with that driving rhythm of the guitar and bass! You created a complex sounding tune that's got a SUPER groove to it! You put a lot of work into this and it shows! It is high quality music! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
If you don't mind could you list the movies that resulted in this? smile
We would like to make sure we don't watch them! But we will
give them credit for inspiring a great song.

There is a lot of goodness here:

- The creative, cool and fun write
- Your fine vocal along with "The Ladies." No idea how that works but they sound excellent.
- The talkbox guitar was a fine addition...thought Joe Walsh had walked in on your session.
- And a mix that sets up a great soundstage on the monitors.

FUN!!!

Nice album cover too.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

SO much to LOVE about this!

An excellent write. Imaginative. Very descriptive - like a MOVIE!! Both the lyric and the melody are super...

Killer instrument choices for an awesome sound. The opening guitar captures the ear. The added female vocal lifts it and then the drums nail it down. The guitars and piano lift it again. A stunning arrangement. Really nice use of stops (where just the drums play). The talkbox solo is inspired.

Great energy in your vocal. The first and last verses are really good. The higher parts in between have some "harshness" to them. They seem somewhat distorted - like they have too much of a saturation plugin (?) and could use some high EQ removed. They sort of "jump out of the mix". Would be nice if you could "warm them up".

This song is SO damn good!!

"Any help will come too late

Or, maybe...
today..."

Killer.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I like it!

Plenty to keep your interest.
Nice write and imaginative story.

Vocals pop nicely.
The ladies fit nicely!

moto

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans

Really good work all round. Excellent arrangement and great choice of the band.

Clever and engaging.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one, Hans!

I'm with Bud, would love to see a list of the shows that inspired the lyrics wink

Very creative and very entertaining, really well done in all aspects.

Enjoyed!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
LOL. You held that tension till the last. I've done that too. One time I was living in a closet under the stairs when I was visited by a wizard who told me the ring my uncle Voldemort had left was the one true ring that binds all the houses of Hogwarts and must be destroyed. So I took the blue pill and escaped the Matrix. At least I think it was blue. I'm color-blind.

Great production on the band. Loved the changes in dynamics. The talk-box was the perfect choice and delivered the chills. Enjoyed the breathless delivery over the spooky vibe. Genuine entertainment.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very aggressive and a little funky.
The aggressive vocal does give an impression of the situation.
The fem vox were distracting in some places...usually when they were over the top of, rather than supporting your lead vocal.
Cool ending...well done Hans, well done.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Creepy text, Deliverance meets Godfather.

Excellent interesting chord progression combining rock, blues and folk. Really great arrangement, excellent selection of instruments. Enjoyed the rhythm, variation between electric and acoustic guitars. lots of interesting changes, the ladies fit very well and so does the talkbox soloist. Your vocal blends nicely to the mix.

Don't stop watching movies, it seems to inspire you to be very creative smile Definitely one of your best works in all aspects.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,
Very cool tune you cooked! Interesting rhyming & lyrics + engaging delivery. Musical bed is great with many surprising elements. Solid mix. The only thing which somewhat creates a bit harsh tension for me is that ladies vocals compete with yours. Since they are more like background vocals I think they would be better if scaled a bit down in the mix and maybe more spacy rev/delay fx on them? Just an idea. Good one! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Torrey, J&B and Floyd,

Thanks for your comments and applause for the movie song.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Hi Hans,

What a cool sounding track! I love how your vocal fits like a glove with that driving rhythm of the guitar and bass! You created a complex sounding tune that's got a SUPER groove to it! You put a lot of work into this and it shows! It is high quality music! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey, I just sent a post to you about your latest song 'Keep singing your song'. A minute later we're discussing mine. What a nice compliment you gave! Very nice, I must say. I had some work with it, because I began this song as a Blues on 90 bpm, less instruments an no singing girls around me, but also no lyrics. But it was too dull (I thought). Then I got the idea about me floating in a difficult situation and that made the tempo rised to 100 and finally to 110 bpm. And then I got the idea of that choir in a kind of African style singing in the chorusses. They had to sound loud, however opinions differ on that...
In that way you were right on mentioning that 'lot of work'. But I bet we all face these things, dont we?

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We would like to make sure we don't watch them! But we will give them credit for inspiring a great song.
There is a lot of goodness here:

- The creative, cool and fun write
- Your fine vocal along with "The Ladies." No idea how that works but they sound excellent.
- The talkbox guitar was a fine addition...thought Joe Walsh had walked in on your session.
- And a mix that sets up a great soundstage on the monitors.

FUN!!!
Nice album cover too.
J&B

Hi Janice and Bud, I've thought about handing you that list of movies, but on second thought I don't do it, because it takes away your creativity to find them. You can become lazy and that is not what you want, do you? I give one title: 24 hours, not a movie, but a series with 10 seisons or something. Very bad, lots of adventure and the good guy always win...

Thans a lot for your compliments and what you wrote about the ladies. I have that software for about some years and wasn't able to get me a normal sound. They yelled in every direction. Horrible. But I managed to get the solist and the choir where I wanted them. And they didn't become angry! But you don't need them, Bud. You have Janice! Ok, I have my wife, but in singing skills there is a gap...

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
SO much to LOVE about this!
An excellent write. Imaginative. Very descriptive - like a MOVIE!! Both the lyric and the melody are super...

Killer instrument choices for an awesome sound. The opening guitar captures the ear. The added female vocal lifts it and then the drums nail it down. The guitars and piano lift it again. A stunning arrangement. Really nice use of stops (where just the drums play). The talkbox solo is inspired.

Great energy in your vocal. The first and last verses are really good. The higher parts in between have some "harshness" to them. They seem somewhat distorted - like they have too much of a saturation plugin (?) and could use some high EQ removed. They sort of "jump out of the mix". Would be nice if you could "warm them up".

This song is SO damn good!!

"Any help will come too late
Or, maybe...
today..."

Killer.
fj

Floyd, Thank very much for this rating! I've walked in the house for some days as if I was the big rooster! That's why you had to wait so long for this reply. Sitting wasn't easy for me with all those feathers...
And secondly, because I take your critics very serious, I had to adjust some eq and other stuff to get my voice within a nice bandwidth. You were right about that saturation. I forgot I used it on my vocals and there it was. You have very good ears!
I hope it's alright now.
Oh, about the movie list? See what I told bud and Janice. I think you'll understand...

Have a nice weekend with or without movies,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We would like to make sure we don't watch them! But we will
give them credit for inspiring a great song.

J&B

Haha, that's great. Put me on that list. Cool concept, Hans, and well done giving it that twist of humor. At first I was thinking this guy should watch more comedy, but then realized you may need those kidnapping movies to balance out the natural humor. I'd much rather kidnap someone from Holland than James Bond...

Not sure I liked the ah-ah girl. She good, but she might do better in the horror category. The rest of the instrumentation, feel, changes and your convincing vocal are perfect. Five stars!!!!!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
nice song opening.
wow what did you use for those haunting femme vocs ?
wild lead bw.
this is very very good.good tempo.
nice song dynamics later on in song. bringing it all down
loved ending.
i can see this was lots of work.
i'm mighty impressed.

very well done bw.
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans I'm late to the party but I'm glad that I made it. It would be a crime to miss this one!

Everything has already been said that I would have said. You had me hooked from the first measure to the last.

Loved it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I love the strong steady beat. Good song. I like the treatment on the vocals. I also like the female vocals. That's cool. Good one.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Yeah, Netflix has been getting quite a bit of use at our place too, Hans. This is built around a fun idea and a very creative groove. Long time since I heard a talk box solo (Peter Frampton comes to mind). Nice.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G
Hans.
Loved this , my favourite of yours. Creative , innovative and well put together. made me want to move my two left feet ! Bravo.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved this tune Hans. Your instrument selection was excellent. Very cool how the song sat back and the the energy built and built then dropped back off. Super vocal. Perfect for the song. Super aggressive. Well done. That talkbox was need. Will have to look into that. :-)

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Tangmo #672670 09/12/21 05:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Captain Moto, Peter, Dave and Tangmo

Thanks for your nice comments and observations on the band, the Ladies and my vocals.
Sometimes I have to fight some selfpity when it comes to my vocals, but you manage to shove that aside with those comments. So thanks again!

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto

I like it!
Plenty to keep your interest.
Nice write and imaginative story.
Vocals pop nicely.
The ladies fit nicely!

moto

Moto, In 5 short sentences you expressed yourself in a very nice way. I like your very nice compliments! If you like a list of the movies, tell me...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Hans
Really good work all round. Excellent arrangement and great choice of the band.
Clever and engaging.
Peter

Peter, you can do the same as Moto, but in one sentence less! And what a compliment you made. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice one, Hans!
I'm with Bud, would love to see a list of the shows that inspired the lyrics wink
Very creative and very entertaining, really well done in all aspects.

Enjoyed!

Dave, thanks for listening and your so positive comment. But about the list, look what I said to Bud about it. But be shure, there are no comedies on that list. I think live offers enough comedy. Even more than I can handle. Take politicians...

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
LOL. You held that tension till the last. I've done that too. One time I was living in a closet under the stairs when I was visited by a wizard who told me the ring my uncle Voldemort had left was the one true ring that binds all the houses of Hogwarts and must be destroyed. So I took the blue pill and escaped the Matrix. At least I think it was blue. I'm color-blind.

Great production on the band. Loved the changes in dynamics. The talk-box was the perfect choice and delivered the chills. Enjoyed the breathless delivery over the spooky vibe. Genuine entertainment.

Tangmo, ha ha! A fun comment you gave. Especially the blue pill and your color blindness... Well, as long as there is only one pill it doesn't matter, but I fear it wasn't that simple. But thanks a lot about what you said about my song and that talk box. It was a challenge, I can tell you!

Enjoy your sunday and have a nice time,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,341
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213