Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Scott C #671013 09/01/21 05:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dave, Marty and Chris

What a track and what a team you all make! You bring some of the top music posted here and this one is up there with the best of it! Chris's vocal is excellent as always! I can't give Marty enough praise for the consistent solid low end he always put down! Last of all, Dave, your guitar work is inspiring to me! You've got the tone and technique locked down! And man did you sound good on this! Thanks, Torrey.

Awesome comments, thanks, Torrey!

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi, Chris, Dave & Marty,

Another of your tracks which reminds me of Chicken Shack with Christine Perfect.

Everything about this is startlingly good.

Chris is absolutely flying and Dave's guitar is sublime.

And of course, Marty holding it all together in the best possible way.

Brilliant song with a spot-on mix.

Loved the whole thing.

ROG

I'm a huge fan of the British blues bands that came up in the late 60's early 70's, and Chicken Shack is a fine example. They added a bit of a rock element that for me really kicked things up a notch.

I very much appreciate your comments, thanks, Rog!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool groove to the song Dave. Awesome vocal from Chris. Marty's bass lines were so smooth. Your guitar a was excellent loved the edge to the strat. Well done...

Appreciate that, Scott, thanks!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Been wondering about Chris. Good to hear again. Great sparse band had the bases covered with a nice live feel. The drums were nicely present and the bass holding down tight. Vocals strong and clear and the organ on chording duty. Guitar gave the needed changes/breaks in a quite long song. It's a bit counter-intuitive, maybe, but those extra bars lengthened the piece but made it seem more compact as well. Much enjoyed.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
rayc #671120 09/02/21 12:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Great song.
Orchestration sounds wonderful.
Powerful vocals.

well done

moto

Thanks, moto!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW you all are getting better with each song!

I love the blues and I would definitely buy a CD of music like this!

Everything is pro level and should be on the air today. Outstanding vocal, great backing band, and one sweet lead!

Loved it!

We almost have enough material for a new CD at this point I think.

Thanks for the support and kind words, Mario, it is appreciated!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool song and a lovely vocal from Chris to sell the story.

Wonderful parts by all - including the organ grinder.

Marty, fab job with the bass part - just the right amount of notes and the right notes to boot.

Those drums are cool but the kick is oddly modern sounding - less thud and more thwack I suspect. being midi you could probably edit that of send it to a sep. channel for EQing.
Love the sting in the solo Dave.

Hi Ray,

Happy you like the song!

For the drums I have a separate track for the kick, snare, HH, and Toms so I can process them separately.

As far as the kick goes, for me I see no problem using a modern sounding kick on a blues song, why not? wink

Thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is easily one of my all-time favorite songs. Playing with Dave has become one of my all-time favorite things to do. Not only is he a mentor and a good friend, but, man, can he play a mean guitar, and he comes up with some of the most creative stuff. What a brilliant write and mix.

Chris's voice is soooo good and so versatile. My 6-year-old granddaughter wanted to hear Chris's newest song. After I played it for her she said, "Wow, she is so good. Babu, can I record a couple songs?" We did a bunch of them that day. Not only has Chris become a great friend, but she is much more influential than she can imagine.

Usually when I see a song is 6 minutes long... well, it better have something special. During the recording, changing, mixing and just listening to this song, I must have heard it at least 100 times. Every single time it ends I say, "Ah, is it over already." Well, as Michael T. McGreevy used to say, "Nuf Ced."

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Chris Dave & Marty,

Very gripping song by its lyrics. It's soft, silky and sad. The arrangement is excellent. Nice work.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
What a great recording. I am very impressed by all of your talents. Great song. Great recording. Great mix. Bravo!

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
jannesan #671305 09/03/21 12:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Guys,

Just had another listen - something was worrying me - the snare.

It has virtually no snare!

Slow blues (even country blues) needs a very firm snare to drive it forward.

Best Regards
Nigel

Hi Nigel,

The snare is doing exactly what I want it to do. A heavy snare in a song this long would cause ear fatigue, it needs to be subtle and just come up for the fills, and the bridge. It's all about dynamics.

Originally Posted By: musician17
Superb. Christiane's vocals are out of this world. I love this kind of emotional songs that communicate something personal to the listener. The harmonies, when they come in, are stratospheric. The lyrics are so beautiful ... the writing and performing are top-notch. Nothing to criticise ... this is a powerful ballad/anthem that made my day. Thank you for writing at such a high level - keep going, PLEASE :-)

P.S. at about the 5 minute mark, those LOW harmonies ... YES :-) And the guitar playing ... you're all amazing, why dissect this through analysis? Hats off!!!

Thanks for the very kind words! smile

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Strong lyrics and Chris's interpretation is very emotional. The organ creates nice 60's soul vibe. Enjoyed the bass line and the convincing guitar solo.

Janne

Cheers, Janne.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Top notch on just about every level. Chris's voice is perfect for this kind of song (Coolidge-esque). Great job as usual.

Thanks very much! I'll pass your comments over to Chris smile

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
When I (Janice) listened earlier today I told Bud that y'all just set the piano on fire and exited the stage!

All of you are soaring high on this one. It's like a long, slow burn of goodness!

Chris, your vocals are stunning, ranging from sublime fragility to powerful.

Dave and Marty, you guys know your stuff! And anybody that foolishly has a doubt of that needs to sit down and listen to this. Period.

The mix is excellent and, man, those drums...

Soulful to the max!

J&B

You guys are the best, thanks Janice and Bud!

TuneMonger #671909 09/07/21 04:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Chris Dave & Marty

Expressive, powerful and engaging.

Nice work by everyone, a real stand out vocal and a beautiful accompaniment.

Well programmed drums and the organ sounds great.

Top notch.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Stunning good blues song. The vocal is out of this world good. Such a talented woman!!!

Wow... just wow!

Will

Yes, not only is she a great singer but she's great lyricist too. Thanks, Will!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
BlueAttitude:

You all are just too cool for school . . . another slick, engaging tune. All the elements are there, beautifully mixed (really like the accentuating drums in spots). Chris’s vocals are as stellar as always—love those slips into a falsetto. Brilliant work!

My best to each of you,

Deej

Appreciate that, thanks, Deej!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
This piece has it all, no dings anywhere! Delivers from start to finish. Great work!

Thanks for the listen/comments!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Team,

Very tasty blues. Dived right in, ended too soon. Smooth bass, laid back guitar and silky vocals. Nice drum programming, G.Monk. has some nice grooves. Mix super clear. On my second listen. Good one. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave, Chris and Marty,

After listening to the song, I leaned back on my chair and let my feeling flow (about the song of course). Wow! Beautiful!!
I can say a lot of things. About the beautiful vocals, the delicate lyrics, the swell bass and leadguitar or the so bright drums, but I don't. I just repeat: Beautiful!!

Great job,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Everything about this is good...no great...but the vocal is WOW!!! Superb dynamics, emotion, and tone.

My absolute favorite song and performance from Blue Attitude.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Tangmo, Derochette, jpt*3, Misha, Hans, and Ezekiel, thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, it is very much appreciated smile

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
No offence, gentlemen, but it's great to hear Chris again. She's certainly in top form here. Hypnotically good. Rock solid bass of course from Marty and Dave's solo is just superb.
Regards,
Leon

Leon1 #672630 09/12/21 02:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
No offence, gentlemen, but it's great to hear Chris again. She's certainly in top form here. Hypnotically good. Rock solid bass of course from Marty and Dave's solo is just superb.
Regards,
Leon

No offence from me, Leon! Chris kicks things up a few notches, no question about that wink

Thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave,

This is incredible listening. The near-6 minutes performance had me mesmerised for the entire journey. I haven't hear you and Chris sound any better this. Absolutely sublime song-creating and song-presenting!

I've always been a fan of your productions. They are amongst the "cream of crop" here in Users Showcase. The laid-back, bluesy lilt of this production was a sonic masterpiece.

This is truly an outstanding collaboration.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #673221 09/15/21 01:08 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Dave,

This is incredible listening. The near-6 minutes performance had me mesmerised for the entire journey. I haven't hear you and Chris sound any better this. Absolutely sublime song-creating and song-presenting!

I've always been a fan of your productions. They are amongst the "cream of crop" here in Users Showcase. The laid-back, bluesy lilt of this production was a sonic masterpiece.

This is truly an outstanding collaboration.

All the best,
Noel

Very generous review, thanks very much, Noel! smile

User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Chris, Marty and Dave...
Whoa! Just whoa! From the first note, this is just such a fantastic song. I love the reverb on the guitar and the lonesome bluesy guitar lead at the beginning. The vocals are also very well done and definitely professional sounding. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great sound!

Professional without sounding clinical - especially the vocal.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Bawb and David, appreciate the listen and comments!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,459
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195