#673297 09/16/21 03:52 AM
User Showcase
B
Bawb Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
I know this is not the most cheerful of messages, but none the less, one that needs to be sent out...

https://soundcloud.com/user-619066495-714650428/dusty-bibles-vocals

"Dusty Bibles"

(Spoken)
In Second Timothy Three,
The Apostle Paul spoke of signs of the last days.
Now, it doesn't take a wise man, a prophet or a sage
To realize why we are seeing the things of this age

Verse 1
Lovers lovers of self, lovers of riches
Unforgiving with no self control
Wolves leading blind flocks into ditches
Temporary wealth traded for immortal souls
A proud look, and a lying tongue
Hands that shed innocent blood
Blasphemous sacrifices of our young
Like the days of Noah before the flood

Chorus
All the dusty Bibles just laying there
Waiting for His truth to be read
There is no repentance, there is no prayer
Just the world's ways instead
God have mercy on us please...

Verse 2
Take a good look around
At the Sodom and Gomorrah of our day
Can anyone righteous still be found?
Who has not perverted God's ways?
A voice still cries from the wilderness
But I wonder if anyone still can hear
When we call evil good and good evilness
When hearts are stone and consciences are seared

Chorus
Waiting for His truth to be read
There is no repentance, there is no prayer
Just the world's ways instead
All those dusty Bibles just laying there
God have mercy on us please...

(Spoken)

In August 1536 William Tyndale was tried, convicted and executed in the Netherlands for the heresy of translating the Bible for the masses.
Numerous others throughout history have suffered death to keep the Word of God alive...
Around the world today, countless Christians are being persecuted and killed.
The adversary now knows his time is short.
For the wrath of God is at hand...
Yet all I see...
Are dusty Bibles...

Style: CANDLES
Bass******2474: Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev
Organ*****3099: Organ, Rhythm, AmericanaSlow 16thMike
Drums*****RealDrums=Soul70sEv16
Guitar 1**3182: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GrungeUnpluggedQuinn
Guitar 2**0793: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming ModernCountrySync Ev
Fiddle****0409: Fiddle, Background George
Piano*****1007: Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment, PopFlowing Ev

Bawb #673309 09/16/21 05:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bawb,

An excellent title to write to! Overall the lyric is a bit to doomsday-ish for my tastes, but it's well written.

The music/melody/BAND work nicely. The vocals are good, especially in the verses. During the first chorus they seem to "come out of the mix" a little bit (volume mostly, I think).

fj

Bawb #673393 09/16/21 04:21 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
An epic work. The spoken word parts remind me of Johnny Cash's American recording song "The Man Comes Around". The singing parts bring to mind the song "The Eve of Destruction," albeit with a religious twist.

Good vocals, writing, and use of the band.

Nice job.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
Bawb #673398 09/16/21 05:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes Bawb,
Too loud in the chorus - the 2nd vocal pushes the limits.
There were a couple of spots where your pitch was a little awry but not particularly bad.
The treatment of your vocal for the spoken parts works well.
The spoken word provides some dynamic variation that is otherwise lacking.

It is all doom and gloom as mentioned.
It's also blinkered. You cherry pick William Tyndale but he was killed by "Christians"... currently religious persecution is happening in many lands and is of moderate folk by fundamentalists, End Times advocates and extremists.

"Conscience is a cognitive process that elicits emotion and rational associations based on an individual's moral philosophy or value system."

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Bawb #673451 09/17/21 04:33 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune. Mix of vocal and spoken word was very cool. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
rayc #673457 09/17/21 05:08 AM
User Showcase
B
Bawb Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
B
Originally Posted By: rayc

"Conscience is a cognitive process that elicits emotion and rational associations based on an individual's moral philosophy or value system."

I would like to introduce you (rayc from Australia) to what another Ray C from Australia has to say about conscience...

Our Conscience:
Human understanding is “darkened” (Eph. 4:18), but the conscience is the area where God has given light to every man. The word “con-science” means “with knowledge.” The conscience is the headline warning of sin; the Scriptures give the fine print. None of us can say that we don’t know it’s wrong to lie, steal, murder, or commit adultery; that knowledge is written in large print on our heart. However, in the Scriptures we see the true nature of sin: that God requires truth even in the inward parts (see Psalm 51:6). The fine print reveals that lust is adultery of the heart, hatred is murder of the heart, fibs are bearing false witness, etc.

“Conscience is the internal perception of God’s moral Law.” Oswald Chambers

Romans 2:15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them.

Ray Comfort's websites:
https://dailyevidence.wordpress.com/2016/08/24/our-conscience/
https://www.livingwaters.com/
https://www.youtube.com/thewayofthemaster

As for the foibles in the song, I do appreciate the constructive criticisms. I will try to do better next time. But I'm sure that a lot of us can agree that we all have a finite amount of time to work on our music (unless we are professional or working musicians). I am neither. My time is EXTREMELY limited to work on music. Herein lies the conundrum:
I have so many songs in my head and nowhere near enough time to get them out. I feel as if I am in this video at times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3axU2b0dDk
As much as I would LOVE to spend hours on a song, I can't. I'm lucky if I have a 1/2 hour to myself to record (priorities, I guess).

Bawb #673487 09/17/21 08:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A timely message, no doubt. As I watch the TV evening news, I wonder, what chapter of Revelation are we watching today? It's being played out, the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place, and very few, even church going folks understand this or see it. And there's a reason for that which I won't get into here.

Interesting song. It sounded like you were at the top of your vocal range and straining a bit in the chorus.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Bawb #673493 09/17/21 09:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Cool tune.

On the message, I have a different take, as a spiritual dude myself.

I see a whole lot of positive change coming, and allies in a lot of places people may never have suspected.

When someone like Nicki Minaj (among other social rebels) comes out and says "wake up y'all" and people across all spectrums are saying "Wait a minute...this is crazy...I feel like a boiling frog...these insane power grabs have gone too far.." then I think a lot of Orwellian stuff can and will be stopped. But people will have to say no to a lot of things. And they are starting to do that.

My guess is that MOST people in this country believe in our basic freedoms, and see the evil power grabs for what they are--again, across the spectrum.

It will take a lot of people saying "Wait, we don't live to serve the gov't and give you folks a gov't career, you live to serve US." But, when it happens there will be a huge backlash--to a lot of things, and to a lot of people who have gone too far in a lot of things.

Crazy as it sounds, I think we are looking at a massive course correction and national revival (of all spiritual stripes, not being evangelical here.)

That thin sliver of people who have been causing all the trouble are going to be stopped, I think.

Too many people can now see the puppet show for what it clearly is, and they don't like it.

I think the people are going to do something about this mess, and soon.

smile

Bawb #673497 09/17/21 09:55 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
"That thin sliver of people who have been causing all the trouble are going to be stopped, I think."

I'm just hoping I don't get tied to a tree and tortured by scorpions for 5 months, when Jesus comes down to settle scores with the "unbelievers". I mean, I try to imagine being tied to a tree and tortured by scorpions until next FEBRUARY and think, whoa, I don't know if I can take that.

As a kid, I always got a kick out of the Revelation to John, but now that End Times are here and I can expect to be on the receiving end of that stuff it seems way less cool.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
"That thin sliver of people who have been causing all the trouble are going to be stopped, I think."

I'm just hoping I don't get tied to a tree and tortured by scorpions for 5 months, when Jesus comes down to settle scores with the "unbelievers". I mean, I try to imagine being tied to a tree and tortured by scorpions until next FEBRUARY and think, whoa, I don't know if I can take that.

As a kid, I always got a kick out of the Revelation to John, but now that End Times are here and I can expect to be on the receiving end of that stuff it seems way less cool.

Yeah, FOX News and 35 million people are a big sliver. Actually the figure is probably bigger as 52% of a certain tribe actually believe that actual theft actually occurred.

Cheers
rayc
Bawb #673587 09/18/21 03:49 AM
User Showcase
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G
Bawb.
I have no religion (but I envy those who do) , so I respond purely as a music lover. Your passion gets to me every time
and this production is excellent. Who knows , with songs as good as this , you may convert me one day. smile
cheers
Gary.

Bawb #673613 09/18/21 06:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bawb,

Boldly stated but unfortunately so true! Truth hurts and some just don't want to hear it!

As for the song, I feel the backtrack matches the subject matter very well. You did an excellent job putting it together! Your vocals a great especially in the chorus...I like the raspy type vocal. Thanks and take care, Torrey

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Boldly stated but unfortunately so true! Truth hurts and some just don't want to hear it!

Well, can you blame us? It wears after a while. If this were a jolly marching tune about how any day now Allah is going to come down and kill all Christians, how would you feel about that?

Bawb #673657 09/18/21 09:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Yeah, FOX News and 35 million people are a big sliver. Actually the figure is probably bigger as 52% of a certain tribe actually believe that actual theft actually occurred."

That's more people than you have in your entire country. grin

So you're an expert on American politics as well as the American hospital system, Ray? grin

No Regards,

Bob

90 dB #673682 09/18/21 11:18 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Folks,

I think we can all unify around this:

Most people in most governments around the world have proved themselves to be self-interested, selfish, power-hungry, duplicitous, lying, back-stabbing, hypocritical liars who think that our entire lives exist to support governments, government careers, politicians and bureaucrats so they never have to ever hold a real job or prove themselves to be competent in anything.

Once enough people from all sides of the spectrum, regardless of political affiliation, say, "Oh I get it, we all voted for the wrong people" and then everyone permanently turns off the news, and logs out of social media (except for the BIAB forum) we will all be fine.

Oh, we also have to get rid of all the clowns we have elected, in EVERY party. Every single one.

Then we will all be fine.

They exist to serve us. We do not exist to serve them. Once people latch onto that, and decide to do something with that thought, it will start getting better.

I promise.

smile

90 dB #673688 09/18/21 11:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Apologies, Bawb, for being diverted from the core discussion.

Bob, thanks for your commentary. You should see that dentist.

David, yes, lots of harmony but a touch of dissonance too though I disagree with your last post on process.

Last edited by rayc; 09/18/21 11:54 AM.

Cheers
rayc
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
I think we can all unify around this

Don't think that.

I'm not eager myself to abolish all government and let anarchy take over, with the assumption that people are just cool and will do smart stuff.

I believed that at Woodstock, though. The stuff about disconnecting from news, too. "Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out"

rayc #673696 09/18/21 12:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I don't think we are off topic, actually.

When someone posts a song about the Book of Revelation this specific, people are going to have opinions.

There are a lot of intelligent and well-read people on the forum, and creative types usually like to pipe in.

An interesting book about the Book of Revelation was written by Elaine Pagels and is on my night stand collection.

Basically, the early church was very divided over this book. Advocates thought it was from God, but some thought it was the work of a madman. This debate has not entirely subsided.

Also, many scholars believe 666 was reference to Nero, and so many thought back in the day that THEY were in the final days. Others held that Jesus clearly stated we were right on the cusp as well.

But here we are, in another time zone and still hanging on.

Also of interest, when John was writing his Apocalypse, several hundred others were writing their own. It was the hottest book topic of the day. Books about the apocalypse were the best sellers of the time. They sold like hot cakes. There were almost as many books on the end times back then as there are song posts on the Band in a Book forum.

But John said his was the real deal, and the rest were phony.

In the end, his book got top billing and voila, it was finally chosen for inclusion in the Bible after a pretty big fight.

So, lots of interesting tidbits.

But my guess is that 2,000 years from now, folks are still going to be saying the end times are just around the corner.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

I am not saying "no government" but I am saying most of our elected officials at the national level right now seem to be clowns. Not all, but most. I have no idea how this happened, but something has to change.

The level of self-interest in all areas is stupifying.

Also, the news sells outrage and has nearly destroyed our society.

Same with social media.

There is little room for doubt on this.

It is just a fact.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
There is little room for doubt on this. It is just a fact.

I have a browser extension that will block me from ever saying something like that. =8^)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,584
Posts734,714
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197