Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I'm not young either. I'm 40 years old.
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years. The interface drove me away and I really won't use it.
Recently, with your help, I have a new understanding of band in a box, which is an undervalued software. We all know the excellence of this software. I won't repeat it. Let me make some comments.
First: whether the interface can be concise, refreshing and more modern.
Second: can the music inside be more modern and more popular? Now these are also very good. Stick to it. But I want to be more popular. I can hear more popular content by entering chords. Suitable for current music. In fact, I found that the idea of band in a box is very good. Input chords, select style and generate music. This idea has been determined since the day it began. It has been decades.
Now your staff just need to be a little serious, make the current pop songs into style and make the interface more modern, can't they attract more young people?
I saw a lot of people over the age of 70 using band in a box on youtube, which moved me and I like it very much, including me, who is also a middle-aged person. But I prefer to see more and more young people use band in a box and let them know about band in a box
I used to buy a lot of music software, such as drums, pianos and guitars. Then they work together. I'm too tired. I don't have the energy to study the lyrics, let alone sing.
I like band in a box, which is simple, fast and convenient! Now you have everything. You just need to add more popular styles and make the interface more modern to be more perfect.
Of course, I like band in a box now. I also like country, jazz and ballads. I like all the good music, but I also find that some of the hottest and most popular content is missing.
The biggest reason why I send this post is not that band in a box is bad, but that I think band in a box can be better, but I don't know what is preventing you from doing these things and never changing.
Now I go out to see people and say that band in a box is underestimated. I expect you to be better and better!

------------
My article is not important anymore. Because what I want to express is here, the discussion here is better. This is what I mean, I just saw it too
+++++Here+++++

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/20/21 06:21 PM.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Veteran
Veteran
I don't know which Band-in-a-Box package you purchased. All four packages include the same Band-in-a-Box program and Plugins. The Window packages also include RealBand. The Audiophile and UltraPAK include all the package content. The MegaPAK includes about 1/3 the available package content and the ProPAK includes about 1/10th the available package content.

PG Music has modern styles. They are called XtraStyles, XProStyles and Styles with Loops. These style packages require additional purchases. The ONLY style package that works with the ProPAK is the XProStyles. All other style packages require you to have either the UltraPAK or Audiophile.

Listen to the demonstration (demo) files +++ HERE +++

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran

I use the audiophile version and produce with it.

The variety of sounds and possibilities is mind-boggling. The audio is one thing, but the midi possibilities it opens up are enormous.

I simply do not have enough time in my day to go through all the new gorgeous guitars, pianos, keys, strings, vocals, drums, beats, loops, anything you want. It's jaw-dropping.

People who say you can't do modern with BIAB, I just have no idea what they are talking about.

Sorry.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years.

When I read this, I spit oatmeal all over myself and the nurses had to come clean me up.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
thanks!!!!

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Maybe you hope band in a box can develop more modern music.
Of course, I like it now.
The more styles, the better
I just listened to your song. It's great grin
《Freeway》
《I Will Stand By You》
Are all music accompaniments made with band in a box?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I didn't mean it, ha ha grin grin grin

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
The content I want to express is the same as this one in the forum.
Click here to see +++++Here+++++

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years.

When I read this, I spit oatmeal all over myself and the nurses had to come clean me up.

You're killing me....

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
grin grin

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
First: whether the interface can be concise, refreshing and more modern.
Second: can the music inside be more modern and more popular? Now these are also very good. Stick to it. But I want to be more popular. I can hear more popular content by entering chords. Suitable for current music. In fact, I found that the idea of band in a box is very good. Input chords, select style and generate music. This idea has been determined since the day it began. It has been decades.
Now your staff just need to be a little serious, make the current pop songs into style and make the interface more modern, can't they attract more young people? ...

It has been very hard getting improvements to the interface as there are many long time users that don't like change.
I think the future is the BiabVST, once it gets away from the background application BBW4 (Biab running silently in the background) it will be very fast in development without the limitations of Biab holding it back and slowing it down.

Yes more modern RT/Styles to attract new younger users to keep Biab going into the future. A lot of modern stuff is just using the same loop all through.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I now use band in a box in studio one every day. Use more than 8 hours a day.
Before going to bed yesterday, I suddenly asked myself why I didn't make music in BIAB.
I think maybe because BIAB is still different from Daw in the real sense?
Of course, that's not the point. The focus is on a more modern style
It would be better if we could strengthen some chord functions. For this reason, I drew a picture

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-09-21_103512.jpg (466.93 KB, 208 downloads)

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There is a Biab Chord Picker Tool for Biab & BiabVST

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Did you do this? That's great. It turned on the right mouse button. I don't know how to use it yet. I don't know if there is a drag and drop function. Are there any instructional videos?

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You could save chord progressions to text then copy & paste

[Chords]
|a) C| Em| F| G|
[ChordsEnd]

[Chords]
| D| Bm| E/G#| F#m| Bm| E| D| C#7|
[ChordsEnd]

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB21-Paste-Special.png (19.74 KB, 184 downloads)
BBvst-Paste.png (137.55 KB, 182 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

It has been very hard getting improvements to the interface as there are many long time users that don't like change.
Even if that were true, which I dispute, what would it matter? Can’t PG Music continue to improve as it sees fit?

Do you have evidence for your statement? For example, a poll on whether the long-time users like or do not like the GUI changes of 2018? I know I switched almost immediately to the new one. I also know several of the longest users have continued to advocate for changes, including in ways that the general public would not see. I don’t understand why anyone would try to divide the user base.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

Pipeline

thanks. But I don't want to toss about it anymore. Because based on my study these days, I have basically mastered BAND IN A BOX. I will use the input method for now.

According to the current situation of BAND IN A BOX, I just want to make some simple songs. Basically enough.

I took a look and everyone felt the same as me. I searched a lot of content on youtube, including many BAND IN A BOX users in Facebook, who are basically elderly people.

Even so, I still think that BAND IN A BOX is underestimated. It's not that we underestimated, but they underestimated themselves. For decades, I have been in the tradition, and I haven't seen any progress.

Look at what Apple looked like in the 90s.

Look at Apple in 2021. I understand.

However, I will always use BAND IN A BOX and only make some simple works for the time being.

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/21/21 12:05 AM.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Matt Finley

If you don’t change or keep up with the times, you can easily be eliminated. I found that many people who use BAND IN A BOX are middle-aged and elderly people. Maybe this is the positioning of BAND IN A BOX, right?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I want to know how old you are. grin

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

..Do you have evidence for your statement? ...

the evidence is self evident.

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I think the future is the BiabVST, ...

as in leave Biab to develop how it does but let the BiabVST develop at lighting speed and be up there with or ahead of other VST's on the market, no limiting factors like running a Biab app in the background that's held to it's long time limitations from the 90's. It does not need BBW4 as it only uses a few functions of the million and 1 functions in Biab, these can be moved into the VST, then stand back and watch it's popularity grow.
Though as what I and others said in the beginning to give it a unique name and get away from the name "Band in a Box" that can remind them of complexities and steep learning curve.
"Studio Tracks Pro" "Session Tracks Pro" "Instant Track Pro"....

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195