Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I'm not young either. I'm 40 years old.
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years. The interface drove me away and I really won't use it.
Recently, with your help, I have a new understanding of band in a box, which is an undervalued software. We all know the excellence of this software. I won't repeat it. Let me make some comments.
First: whether the interface can be concise, refreshing and more modern.
Second: can the music inside be more modern and more popular? Now these are also very good. Stick to it. But I want to be more popular. I can hear more popular content by entering chords. Suitable for current music. In fact, I found that the idea of band in a box is very good. Input chords, select style and generate music. This idea has been determined since the day it began. It has been decades.
Now your staff just need to be a little serious, make the current pop songs into style and make the interface more modern, can't they attract more young people?
I saw a lot of people over the age of 70 using band in a box on youtube, which moved me and I like it very much, including me, who is also a middle-aged person. But I prefer to see more and more young people use band in a box and let them know about band in a box
I used to buy a lot of music software, such as drums, pianos and guitars. Then they work together. I'm too tired. I don't have the energy to study the lyrics, let alone sing.
I like band in a box, which is simple, fast and convenient! Now you have everything. You just need to add more popular styles and make the interface more modern to be more perfect.
Of course, I like band in a box now. I also like country, jazz and ballads. I like all the good music, but I also find that some of the hottest and most popular content is missing.
The biggest reason why I send this post is not that band in a box is bad, but that I think band in a box can be better, but I don't know what is preventing you from doing these things and never changing.
Now I go out to see people and say that band in a box is underestimated. I expect you to be better and better!

------------
My article is not important anymore. Because what I want to express is here, the discussion here is better. This is what I mean, I just saw it too
+++++Here+++++

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/20/21 06:21 PM.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Veteran
Veteran
I don't know which Band-in-a-Box package you purchased. All four packages include the same Band-in-a-Box program and Plugins. The Window packages also include RealBand. The Audiophile and UltraPAK include all the package content. The MegaPAK includes about 1/3 the available package content and the ProPAK includes about 1/10th the available package content.

PG Music has modern styles. They are called XtraStyles, XProStyles and Styles with Loops. These style packages require additional purchases. The ONLY style package that works with the ProPAK is the XProStyles. All other style packages require you to have either the UltraPAK or Audiophile.

Listen to the demonstration (demo) files +++ HERE +++

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran

I use the audiophile version and produce with it.

The variety of sounds and possibilities is mind-boggling. The audio is one thing, but the midi possibilities it opens up are enormous.

I simply do not have enough time in my day to go through all the new gorgeous guitars, pianos, keys, strings, vocals, drums, beats, loops, anything you want. It's jaw-dropping.

People who say you can't do modern with BIAB, I just have no idea what they are talking about.

Sorry.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years.

When I read this, I spit oatmeal all over myself and the nurses had to come clean me up.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
thanks!!!!

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Maybe you hope band in a box can develop more modern music.
Of course, I like it now.
The more styles, the better
I just listened to your song. It's great grin
《Freeway》
《I Will Stand By You》
Are all music accompaniments made with band in a box?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I didn't mean it, ha ha grin grin grin

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
The content I want to express is the same as this one in the forum.
Click here to see +++++Here+++++

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years.

When I read this, I spit oatmeal all over myself and the nurses had to come clean me up.

You're killing me....

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
grin grin

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
First: whether the interface can be concise, refreshing and more modern.
Second: can the music inside be more modern and more popular? Now these are also very good. Stick to it. But I want to be more popular. I can hear more popular content by entering chords. Suitable for current music. In fact, I found that the idea of band in a box is very good. Input chords, select style and generate music. This idea has been determined since the day it began. It has been decades.
Now your staff just need to be a little serious, make the current pop songs into style and make the interface more modern, can't they attract more young people? ...

It has been very hard getting improvements to the interface as there are many long time users that don't like change.
I think the future is the BiabVST, once it gets away from the background application BBW4 (Biab running silently in the background) it will be very fast in development without the limitations of Biab holding it back and slowing it down.

Yes more modern RT/Styles to attract new younger users to keep Biab going into the future. A lot of modern stuff is just using the same loop all through.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I now use band in a box in studio one every day. Use more than 8 hours a day.
Before going to bed yesterday, I suddenly asked myself why I didn't make music in BIAB.
I think maybe because BIAB is still different from Daw in the real sense?
Of course, that's not the point. The focus is on a more modern style
It would be better if we could strengthen some chord functions. For this reason, I drew a picture

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-09-21_103512.jpg (466.93 KB, 208 downloads)

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
There is a Biab Chord Picker Tool for Biab & BiabVST

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Did you do this? That's great. It turned on the right mouse button. I don't know how to use it yet. I don't know if there is a drag and drop function. Are there any instructional videos?

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You could save chord progressions to text then copy & paste

[Chords]
|a) C| Em| F| G|
[ChordsEnd]

[Chords]
| D| Bm| E/G#| F#m| Bm| E| D| C#7|
[ChordsEnd]

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB21-Paste-Special.png (19.74 KB, 184 downloads)
BBvst-Paste.png (137.55 KB, 182 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

It has been very hard getting improvements to the interface as there are many long time users that don't like change.
Even if that were true, which I dispute, what would it matter? Can’t PG Music continue to improve as it sees fit?

Do you have evidence for your statement? For example, a poll on whether the long-time users like or do not like the GUI changes of 2018? I know I switched almost immediately to the new one. I also know several of the longest users have continued to advocate for changes, including in ways that the general public would not see. I don’t understand why anyone would try to divide the user base.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

Pipeline

thanks. But I don't want to toss about it anymore. Because based on my study these days, I have basically mastered BAND IN A BOX. I will use the input method for now.

According to the current situation of BAND IN A BOX, I just want to make some simple songs. Basically enough.

I took a look and everyone felt the same as me. I searched a lot of content on youtube, including many BAND IN A BOX users in Facebook, who are basically elderly people.

Even so, I still think that BAND IN A BOX is underestimated. It's not that we underestimated, but they underestimated themselves. For decades, I have been in the tradition, and I haven't seen any progress.

Look at what Apple looked like in the 90s.

Look at Apple in 2021. I understand.

However, I will always use BAND IN A BOX and only make some simple works for the time being.

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/21/21 12:05 AM.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Matt Finley

If you don’t change or keep up with the times, you can easily be eliminated. I found that many people who use BAND IN A BOX are middle-aged and elderly people. Maybe this is the positioning of BAND IN A BOX, right?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I want to know how old you are. grin

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

..Do you have evidence for your statement? ...

the evidence is self evident.

I think the future is the BiabVST, ...

as in leave Biab to develop how it does but let the BiabVST develop at lighting speed and be up there with or ahead of other VST's on the market, no limiting factors like running a Biab app in the background that's held to it's long time limitations from the 90's. It does not need BBW4 as it only uses a few functions of the million and 1 functions in Biab, these can be moved into the VST, then stand back and watch it's popularity grow.
Though as what I and others said in the beginning to give it a unique name and get away from the name "Band in a Box" that can remind them of complexities and steep learning curve.
"Studio Tracks Pro" "Session Tracks Pro" "Instant Track Pro"....

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
The first time I saw band in a box was many, many years ago. It must have been more than 10 years. The interface drove me away and I really won't use it.

Yes, many of us have tried to encourage the developers to make changes to the interface over recent years.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Expert
Expert
If you don’t change or keep up with the times, you can easily be eliminated. I found that many people who use BAND IN A BOX are middle-aged and elderly people.

Eek.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Since 2019, band in a box has been making progress.
I believe it will be better and better! I read a lot of Posts today. My worry is superfluous, because everyone thinks the same, and the work team knows that it has been working hard!
Let's continue to wait for a better tomorrow! grin

Veteran
Veteran
Yes. A lot of positive encouragement was provided to enhance the original user interface. Some great results were delivered, but there is always room for continual improvement, and we hope the developers are continually working towards that goal.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
SBmix.
heres my viewpoint.
1. whether your 8 or 98 years old, if you apply yourself you can do a great song useing biab and realband.
2. as to contemporary songs//modern day....
you can do a song in any genre you want.
if you dont find the RT sounds you want , just use
added vst plug ins/instruments which are often free
see kvraudio.com or the free instruments in computer music magazine>>>see you tube. just a slew of modern sounds. once again its a question if one is willing to put in the work.
3. over the years ive done about 90 songs useing pg products...some i'm now displaying in the user showcase for critique.....i think ive used b iab in every possible genre.
best
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/21/21 05:13 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
yes. you are right! grin

Veteran
Veteran
I'm 80 years old and BIAB has enabled me to write for well-known recording artists in Country and Folk genres. You would be surprised to learn how many major artists are using the program in their work. Famed Julliard School of Music is currently teaching it. Nuf said?

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Don Gaynor:

so cool!

BAND IN A BOX is a great music software! My choice is correct!

grin

J
Veteran
Veteran
J

Even if that were true, which I dispute, what would it matter? Can’t PG Music continue to improve as it sees fit?

Yes, of course they can. And paying customers can express their concerns and desires. Here on this forum most folks tend to be big fans and many do indeed actively defend the product against perceived slights even when those "slights" are valid gripes. (Admittedly, it has gotten better around here since I got here in 2012.) This product is judged a lot more harshly on other public forums where it is discussed.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
The interface drove me away and I really won't use it.

+1

Quote:
whether the interface can be concise, refreshing and more modern.

+1

Quote:
can the music inside be more modern and more popular?

+1

Quote:
make the current pop songs into style and make the interface more modern, can't they attract more young people?

+1

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
We are here because we love the end result of Biab, something that nothing else does, we don't come rubbish it and leave, we want to make it BETTER so no one comes rubbishes it and leaves anymore.

Veteran
Veteran
The bottom line for me is this:

Band-in-a-Box is a tool for people who MAKE MUSIC or use it to PRACTICE if they know how to PLAY SOMETHING. Even a spoon. That would be good enough.

If you are not MAKING MUSIC or using it to practice it is a door stop. Since there are many people making "modern music" who cannot play a single instrument but are good at pushing buttons on Ableton Live, we will not address the practice aspect of BIAB, but only the music-making aspect.

To me, (and this is my opinion, but I am entitled to it), it is somewhat illogical and counter-productive in these forums to constantly talk in generalities about what BIAB can and can't do, if you NEVER POST A SONG.

If you want to write something more MODERN then you should POST SOMETHING and say "Hey, I want this to sound more like [fill in the blanks] and you will have a bunch of people tell you what to try from the massive collection of instruments and .wav files in your handy little hard drive. But they have to HEAR SOMETHING FIRST.

Watcha got??? We are all ears!!!

As for Modern: Lil Nas X had one of the most popular songs in modern music history after purchasing the cheesiest loop ever on the Internet for $75 and mumbling some words to it. Now he is a mega star. Do you want to sound like Lil Nas? Then crank up Band-in-a-Box, go to Guitar Center or Sam Ash, buy the cheapest keyboard they have and get to work.

But for heaven's sake, DO SOMETHING. Let us HEAR what you are doing and explain the missing sounds that you WANT so maybe PG can then say--"Oh, you want that sound? Why didn't you say so??"

Or maybe a forum member will say: "Uh, dude, that's a synth you are looking for. So go buy one, yo."

If you show PG Music what you are trying to do, they might help you.

If you just say "I want you to be more modern" they will not read or respond.

That's how the world works.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
David Snyder

I agree with all you said.

However, I haven't understood many functions of BIAB. It turns out that I know what the options are, and I have a straw for myself. I can't find a detailed description on the official page, so I can only rely on request.
Yesterday I saw TRACK SETTING again, and I didn’t explain it again.
I don’t want to make it in the main program, I want to make it in BIAB VST.
Yesterday I wanted to make a framework in the main program, and then open it in BIAB VST, but after opening it to generate a song, it feels completely changed.
I want to combine it right away, but the current BIAB VST may still have a lot to improve.
So, I have been learning.
Now, what I am most happy about is that I finally figured out the rendering.
See if you can’t figure out TRACK SETTING and section A and section B today.

To be honest, I would rather not divide the A section and B section, just write the harmony, and then choose the prelude, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, so it’s simple and understandable. As for how to use it after generation, it’s up to everyone’s own Thoughts.

2021-09-22_083241.jpg (82.37 KB, 172 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran

Hmmmmmmm.

smile

I am going to have to leave it up to someone smarter than myself (which is everyone, I guess) to answer this.

Sadly, I have no idea what you just said or asked.

Sorry!!!!!

I guess I have a thick head or something.

Hopefully, someone else can answer this.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
thank you! You gave me a lot of advice. I will work hard. grin

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
With the Timebase option you can play any RealTracks at normal, half time, double time or triple time. Half time is used for fast tempo songs when a much slower tempo RealTrack has been chosen. Double time is used for slow tempo songs (e.g. ballads) when a much faster tempo RealTrack is chosen. This allows you, for example, in a ballad at a tempo of 70, to add a RealTracks Sax solo with a tempo of 140, and play it as a double time, which will match the ballad tempo of 70. All of your existing RealTracks can be used at three different tempos (normal, half-time, double time).

The [Medley] button allows you to create a medley of RealTracks on the same track.

If Bluesy is checked, the selected RealTracks will play in a bluesy style, where major triads are treated like 8th chords.

If Simpler is checked, the selected RealTracks will play a simpler arrangement (less busy, less embellished). See the "Simple Available" column for availability of simpler RealTracks.

If Direct Input is checked, the selected RealTracks will use a "clean signal" guitar so that you can add your own effects. See the "Direct Input Available" column for availability of clean recordings.

Sometimes you want the very simplest comping part possible, which is just "held chords" for the whole piece. This would mean that the piano player, for example, just plays a single chord and holds it for the duration until the next chord. If you check Held option, the selected RealTracks will play held chords.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
People who say you can't do modern with BIAB, I just have no idea what they are talking about.

Maybe I can repeat something I have said here several times that will help you understand.

I CAN do modern music. I CAN do it with my physical instruments. I CAN do it with my virtual instruments. And I CAN do it with BIAB.

But what I am looking for is for BIAB to create modern music as quickly and easily as it does jazz or country or classic rock. If I want a song in any of those three genres I can simply choose one of hundreds of BIAB styles and in a matter of minutes I can have an incredible start on a song!

On the other hand, BIAB just does not offer the same agility and variety when it comes to modern music. And I wish that it did!

Perhaps it is a pipe dream and BIAB will only ever be good at the stuff that has been done over and over in the past. Certainly, jazz and country and classic rock are fairly easy to describe and quantify. And modern music is a lot tougher to nail down.

But I hope PGM will endeavor to create some fresh styles that sound, right out of the box, like they could have been created in 2021 instead of the 1990s or earlier.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

JohnJohnJohn

Hello, do you use Biba VST
When you export wav and play it in Daw, do you encounter problems such as popping?

8686.mp4 (2.31 MB, 7 downloads)

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I addressed popping in the other post.

With modern stuff, if you had more variations of the same instrument like you have with Drums, like the same guitar going from one strumming/picking/held/muted strum pattern to another.
You now have A part that plays in A and B part the plays in B,
if you were able to F5 change to another pattern of the same guitar having the same tone and recorded level it would blend in seamlessly at pattern changes as a virtual instrument guitar would do.
This will give way more control and creativity to the user.
When the bar to bar regenerate is implemented this will be so easy.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Pipeline:

I just want to know when their band in a box VST plug-in will be upgraded.
There will be no popping sound when band in a box VST plug-in is loaded.
This is a very serious problem. grin

Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Maybe I can repeat something I have said here several times that will help you understand.

I CAN do modern music. I CAN do it with my physical instruments. I CAN do it with my virtual instruments. And I CAN do it with BIAB.

But what I am looking for is for BIAB to create modern music as quickly and easily as it does jazz or country or classic rock. If I want a song in any of those three genres I can simply choose one of hundreds of BIAB styles and in a matter of minutes I can have an incredible start on a song!

On the other hand, BIAB just does not offer the same agility and variety when it comes to modern music. And I wish that it did!

Perhaps it is a pipe dream and BIAB will only ever be good at the stuff that has been done over and over in the past. Certainly, jazz and country and classic rock are fairly easy to describe and quantify. And modern music is a lot tougher to nail down.

But I hope PGM will endeavor to create some fresh styles that sound, right out of the box, like they could have been created in 2021 instead of the 1990s or earlier.

Jazz, Country and Rock are not modern music? I think you need a different term. Do you mean EDM, Chill, Trap? It sounds so elite to call some music modern and other genre not modern.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Veteran
Veteran
I hope those of you who would like to make ‘modern’ music have gone, or will go, to the Styles Wishlist forum to give specific songs with links, so PG Music has examples to consider.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
I hope those of you who would like to make ‘modern’ music have gone, or will go, to the Styles Wishlist forum to give specific songs with links, so PG Music has examples to consider.

Thanks for that suggestion. Many times I recommend the poster to take the request to that specific forum. Recently I was surprised to see a fellow member suggested not to do this. I perhaps think that they thought it would completely alter the musical direction of the program. With a library of 8000+ existing styles, I would never presume that they would be 'dumped' in favor of a new direction.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J

Hmmm, maybe PGM could find plenty of examples here,

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

Even better would be if PGM hired some folks who were deeply into modern music. And maybe give Brent Mason a break? laugh

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: etcjoe
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Jazz, Country and Rock are not modern music? I think you need a different term. Do you mean EDM, Chill, Trap? It sounds so elite to call some music modern and other genre not modern.

No, I mean modern like music created in 2020 or 2021 (or even the 2000s!) The majority of BIAB styles for the genres I mentioned do not sound modern.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
With modern stuff, if you had more variations of the same instrument like you have with Drums, like the same guitar going from one strumming/picking/held/muted strum pattern to another.
You now have A part that plays in A and B part the plays in B,
if you were able to F5 change to another pattern of the same guitar having the same tone and recorded level it would blend in seamlessly at pattern changes as a virtual instrument guitar would do.
This will give way more control and creativity to the user.
When the bar to bar regenerate is implemented this will be so easy.

BAM! This would go a LONG way toward making it easier to make modern music with BIAB! VARIETY. CHANGES. Styles with more of both.

Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline has a solid suggestion here, for variations in RealTracks like those in RealDrums. I love it, for rhythm tracks.

+1

PG Music has set up a method for us to make suggestions for styles. I encourage everyone to use it, and to give specific song examples when you do. Saying things like modern music is anything now on the radio, or music from 2000 on, does not give them what they need to focus on. Meet them halfway and give them a chance by following the procedure they request.

Veteran
Veteran

And a man came walking across the desert, clad in sandals and a coarse robe.

Square of jaw and tanned from the heat.

He carried nothing but a saxophone and a burlap bag full of common sense.

They called him the Prophet. Prophet Matthew.

Matt for short.

And this was the link of which he spoke.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=77&page=1

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
First solve the noise problem of band in a box plug-in VST.
As long as band in a box plug-in VST is used, Daw will have explosive noise
I've been tossing around for days
Finally, it is confirmed that the problem is band in a box plug-in VST

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
NICE

Eli/ken Mondragon
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,494
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195