Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
Hi, I totally agree with what you said. And thank you for spending time to write.

The only point I want to clarify is this: " If you have a commercial library then place your loops in the Loops folder and BiaB will recognize them."

It does not seem that this is correct for BIAB. There are a few other threads about this in the forum.

Essentially, I think when we place other commercial professional loops in BIAB folder, nothing magic happens.

Someone already, in another thread, advised people to change the root/chords, etc, but I never find any success.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
There are two types of commercial audio loops, those that have metadata embedded in the loop and those that don't.

Before Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) can alter the pitch or timing of an audio loop the loop must have embedded metadata for reference. This type of audio loop is sometimes called a groove clip, audio warp, acidized loop or acidified loop (to honor the first software capable of embedding metadata, Acid). The embedded metadata typically includes tempo, beats and pitch information. You can find out more +++ HERE +++. Band-in-a-Box uses this data to correctly pitch or time shift the audio.

Loops that do not have embedded data can not be automatically pitch or time shifted. Some program will allow a loop to be manually changed but I have not tried this in Band-in-a-Box.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I have used some 3rd party loops (big fish) with BIAB with moderate level of success.It seems that whole loop thing is a bit underdeveloped in BIAB.
I am talking about string search picker, no proper filters etc. With little love given, it could be the next big thing.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I think most people here have heard about the derisive "OK Boomer" tag young people use quite a lot? That in a nutshell is the problem with Biab, and this forum. Especially the User Showcase forum. Any young wannabe song producer who takes one look around here thinks this software is completely out of touch with the modern world.

I really don't know how to solve this. These forums have become a great gathering place for veteran Boomer users from all over the world but every time I read a thread about classic country or a request in the Wishlist forum for yet another Sinatra or big band or Johnny Cash or some obscure Eastern European polka style all I think of is if a 30 something modern pop person sees that he'll run, not walk away and tell all his friends that all Biab is good for is grandpa's music. Not even his fathers music, his grandfathers music. When I drive around LA I'll listen to KEarth radio. It's mostly classic rock but the 60's and 70's have already dropped off the setlists. It's all 80's and some 90's now. Why? Because 1981 is 40 flippin years ago!! That's now the limit for classic rock. I rarely hear the Stones or Santana any more and the Beatles may as well have never existed. Woodstock? That's just another farmers field in New York somewhere. I think I heard Grandma say something about it.

Right now, that's the current user base and I certainly am not recommending they put some kind of age restriction or musical style restriction for the forums. That would be stupid too. There is such a huge divide between the older users musical tastes and modern pop I can only offer a few low hanging fruit ideas:

1. Remove all old hardware examples from Help files. The 15 year old Soundblaster AWE is still being used in the initial setup soundcard list. First released in 1996, isn't it time to retire that thing from the documentation?

2. In the Help files and one video about notation they use the classic old song Old Folks At Home to show how it works. Holy crap, is that hip or what? That's a big facepalm if I ever saw one. Here is a piece of software that advertises how great it is at creating a whole new song for you with it's own unique name and melody and it can use any style that is currently available and that's the best they can come up with to demo a feature? 100 year old, public domain, Old Folks At Home? I know there are more very old examples hiding all over the documentation and video list but you guys get the point. Someone needs to go through Every. Single. Page. of the manual, the online Help files and old videos and purge all this antique stuff out and bring it up to date if there is to be any hope at all of attracting a younger user base.

Unforunately, there's noting to be done about private websites that love to post Biab song files like this:

https://www.themeister.co.uk/dixie/band_in_a_box_songs.htm

Here's the first paragraph as an introduction:

Wonderful American Popular Songs from the first half of the twentieth century have become established as the indispensable framework for jazz. They have a structure and characteristics immediately identifiable as 'Our Kind Of Music', they all go 'the same old way'

Oh, Baby, this will sure attract some young customers. Lots of sites like this.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Good write, Bob. I definitely agree with everything mentioned. This one stood out:
Quote:
In the Help files and one video about notation they use the classic old song Old Folks At Home to show how it works. Holy crap, is that hip or what?

Yes, the product favors a particular demographic. Not good.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
On a game show I sometimes watch one of the teams of 20-30 something's were talking about how they liked to get together and bring their turntables to "listening parties" where they listen to and discover the great vinyl records. The groups they mentioned they were loving we're all from the 70s - Fleetwood Mac etc. Turntables and vinyl are the old new again thing.

Also the young ones today are going to be old tomorrow. So frankly my dear....I think PG are filling a niche that will continue to grow.

Josie

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Possibly they were listening to that 70's music because it was and still is great. But I'll bet that they weren't listening to 'The Old Folks At Home'. I think that's the point.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Possibly they were listening to that 70's music because it was and still is great. But I'll bet that they weren't listening to 'The Old Folks At Home'. I think that's the point.

Exactly. I believe that if PGM were to create and showcase more styles, both RTs and MIDI, from the 1960s through to 2021 they would gain a whole new customer base. YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
On a game show I sometimes watch one of the teams of 20-30 something's were talking about how they liked to get together and bring their turntables to "listening parties" where they listen to and discover the great vinyl records. The groups they mentioned they were loving we're all from the 70s - Fleetwood Mac etc. Turntables and vinyl are the old new again thing.

Also the young ones today are going to be old tomorrow. So frankly my dear....I think PG are filling a niche that will continue to grow.

Josie

Josie, vinyl never went out in this house. I have around a thousand vinyl albums and a couple of years ago a new turntable.

I find it interesting that a number of digital plug-ins are available that make digital recordings sound more like vinyl (analog) recordings.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I think most people here have heard about the derisive "OK Boomer" tag young people use quite a lot? That in a nutshell is the problem with Biab, and this forum. Especially the User Showcase forum. Any young wannabe song producer who takes one look around here thinks this software is completely out of touch with the modern world.

I really don't know how to solve this. These forums have become a great gathering place for veteran Boomer users from all over the world but every time I read a thread about classic country or a request in the Wishlist forum for yet another Sinatra or big band or Johnny Cash or some obscure Eastern European polka style all I think of is if a 30 something modern pop person sees that he'll run, not walk away and tell all his friends that all Biab is good for is grandpa's music. Not even his fathers music, his grandfathers music. When I drive around LA I'll listen to KEarth radio. It's mostly classic rock but the 60's and 70's have already dropped off the setlists. It's all 80's and some 90's now. Why? Because 1981 is 40 flippin years ago!! That's now the limit for classic rock. I rarely hear the Stones or Santana any more and the Beatles may as well have never existed. Woodstock? That's just another farmers field in New York somewhere. I think I heard Grandma say something about it.

Right now, that's the current user base and I certainly am not recommending they put some kind of age restriction or musical style restriction for the forums. That would be stupid too. There is such a huge divide between the older users musical tastes and modern pop I can only offer a few low hanging fruit ideas:

1. Remove all old hardware examples from Help files. The 15 year old Soundblaster AWE is still being used in the initial setup soundcard list. First released in 1996, isn't it time to retire that thing from the documentation?

2. In the Help files and one video about notation they use the classic old song Old Folks At Home to show how it works. Holy crap, is that hip or what? That's a big facepalm if I ever saw one. Here is a piece of software that advertises how great it is at creating a whole new song for you with it's own unique name and melody and it can use any style that is currently available and that's the best they can come up with to demo a feature? 100 year old, public domain, Old Folks At Home? I know there are more very old examples hiding all over the documentation and video list but you guys get the point. Someone needs to go through Every. Single. Page. of the manual, the online Help files and old videos and purge all this antique stuff out and bring it up to date if there is to be any hope at all of attracting a younger user base.

Unforunately, there's noting to be done about private websites that love to post Biab song files like this:

https://www.themeister.co.uk/dixie/band_in_a_box_songs.htm

Here's the first paragraph as an introduction:

Wonderful American Popular Songs from the first half of the twentieth century have become established as the indispensable framework for jazz. They have a structure and characteristics immediately identifiable as 'Our Kind Of Music', they all go 'the same old way'

Oh, Baby, this will sure attract some young customers. Lots of sites like this.

Bob

Excellent points Bob. Like you, I don't know how they can fix this. So many threads here sound like they occurred at a senior center! And there is NOTHING wrong with that except, as you pointed out, it is a HUGE turn off to younger music producers.

Maybe a new forum for "modern music" only? Not age restricted per se but clearly no jazz or classic country or polka conversations welcome! Maybe pick someone young within PGM to moderate and lead this new forum. Seed it weekly or daily with conversation starters based on modern music and how to achieve stuff like that with BIAB. Make it clear that PGM wants this new forum, and the younger producers, to thrive and succeed using BIAB to produce their music.

And your points about the manual are spot on. When I first bought BIAB in 2012 I was excited to see a thick manual! And I started reading it cover to cover but quickly realized there is a ton of outdated stuff in there! Yes, a lot of it still kinda applies but BIAB, since RealTracks, has moved into a new era and as a RealTracks fan I don't want to wade through a ton of options that have nothing to do with RealTracks! Maybe they should create a separate manual for those who simply wish to create backing tracks using RealTracks and who don't care about notation or MIDI or animated fingerboard training tools, etc.? A manual that removes everything old like Sound Blaster and everything specific to ancient versions/features.

I'll conclude with what I always say...This product is AMAZING! What I can do with these RealTracks is close to MAGICAL! But using the software is painful. And as enthusiastic as I am about RealTracks I am never comfortable recommending BIAB because I feel I must also include disclaimers about the GUI, the manual, the focus on old music, etc. If there was a cleaner version with ancient stuff stripped out and a new manual I think PGM would get a lot more referrals. I know they would from me!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
RE: CONTEMPORARY MODERN SONGS.
i'm haveing great trouble understanding why pg products stop "anyone" from doing "any music genre" includeing modern styles in the contemporary idiom.

an example will suffice.

years and years ago , when i first got into pg products various musos would say simillar things to what ive read in this thread...eg "old folks music" or "polkas" or "its for jazz"...etc etc....
UNTIL I CREATED A HARD ROCK SONG USEING THE PG SOFTWARE.
then my fellow musos went "WHAAAAAAT" !! lmao.
or "didnt know you could do that".
my own viewpoint is its all in how one approaches ones use of the software.
you can literally create any song in any genre you want. ....IF YOUR WILLING TO PUT IN THE WORK.....
midi offers ultimate flexibility imho...as shown by many musos on these forums.

you can rough out anything in biab and then go into realband for 48 traks to add anything you want in any genre.
for example lay down added traks from sample libs or your own instrument and vocal traks, or if you own external synths with all their wonderfull sounds...add even more sound pictures.

honestly i dont see the limitations. you can even build your own styles or modify existing ones.

in conclusion AI/canned styles will only take one so far. one simply must put in the hours of work to create songs imho.
anyways the above is my viewpoint.
happiness to all pg users.
oldmuso.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
i'm haveing great trouble understanding why pg products stop "anyone" from doing "any music genre" includeing modern styles in the contemporary idiom.

an example will suffice.

years and years ago , when i first got into pg products various musos would say simillar things to what ive read in this thread...eg "old folks music" or "polkas" or "its for jazz"...etc etc....
UNTIL I CREATED A HARD ROCK SONG USEING THE PG SOFTWARE.
then my fellow musos went "WHAAAAAAT" !! lmao.
or "didnt know you could do that".
my own viewpoint is its all in how one approaches ones use of the software.
you can literally create any song in any genre you want. ....IF YOUR WILLING TO PUT IN THE WORK.....
midi offers ultimate flexibility imho...as shown by many musos on these forums.

you can rough out anything in biab and then go into realband for 48 traks to add anything you want in any genre.
for example lay down added traks from sample libs or your own instrument and vocal traks, or if you own external synths with all their wonderfull sounds...add even more sound pictures.

honestly i dont see the limitations. you can even build your own styles or modify existing ones.

in conclusion AI/canned styles will only take one so far. one simply must put in the hours of work to create songs imho.
anyways the above is my viewpoint.
happiness to all pg users.
oldmuso.

While you are correct, you are missing the point!

Yes, I can create my own bluegrass music by raising a goat, slaughtering it, curing its hide, creating a banjo out of the skin, learning to play that banjo, learning to play bluegrass, learning to record and mix and master the music. Yes, of course I can do all of that!

But tools like BIAB are intended to give us a few shortcuts! So, I don't need the goat. Heck, I don't even need the banjo!

If I want an authentic sounding bluegrass backing track, BIAB delivers in spades! It ain't Newgrass Revival but it is damn close! And if I want an authentic classic country song or a jazz song or a polka, well BIAB delivers, again in spades.

All we are asking for is some new stuff in BIAB that helps create modern music as easily as it helps us create classic music. Maybe that is too much for BIAB to do but that is what we are asking.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
i'm haveing great trouble understanding why pg products stop "anyone" from doing "any music genre" including modern styles in the contemporary idiom.

Very true but you were already a customer when you learned this. The first step for any company to acquire a new prospective customer is to get their foot in the door and if the first impression a 25 year old gets of this software is a bad version of Susie Q from 1968, or he sees that demo vid using Old Folks At Home what do you think they're gonna do? That POS vid and others like it are on the website and YouTube right now.

Do young people like to surf the web? Are they all over social media sending Tweets, Facebook messages, Tic Tok vids, Instagram and who knows what else to their 300 closest friends for hours? A company's online presence has to be constantly monitored to weed out things that are not helpful to their mission which is to get as many customers as they can. A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on it's shoes" Mark Twain.

I'm not knocking all that old stuff, at age 75 I lived it, learned it, loved it but I also recognize I won't be around forever and neither will you. PG needs to be prepared for a huge demographic shift that's looming right now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
jazzmammal // Bob.

Bob..
of course from a marketing/sales perspective i completely agree with you.
includeing the need for snazzier vids that appeal to the new generation of buyers.
(i was once involved in marketing strategies btw.)

and sure, i'm always happy to have more style options.
great stuff.

if we are talking pure marketing...there are many proven methods.
eg get some big names to endorse ones product. another being to sow the seeds in educational institutes. etc.

but..lets backtrack a bit.
lets take a present day contemporary song creator called "xyz" .
how does xyz create original songs ?...is he/she useing anything magical different from the rest of us song creators ?
sequencer ? daw ? midi ? audio traks ? samples/libs ? surely no different than the rest of us ?
i'm curious what creativity tools contemporary xyz uses
different from the rest of us ?

and lets say pg create 50 new wonderfull styles aimed at
the contemporary market...yippeee ! i'll take them ...
but all i'm saying is that STILL with all these new styles a song is still lots of production work laying down traks etc etc //arrangeing//chord structures//and so many other myriad things to think about for a song creator in creating a song.
choice of style is but one of many decisions in creating a song.
see where i'm coming from ?

best
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 07/16/21 01:56 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
As a newcomer. I read everything.
I also have a lot of sympathy. Band in a box feels a little old-fashioned from experience. I didn't buy it because of this feeling more than 10 years ago.
Then he had real tracks, VST.
therefore
In 2021, I came back.
In short, invite modern music producers to make real tracks, so that everyone can quickly make music that meets the tastes of modern young people.
Invite producers to make videos, or do it yourself.
Make band in a box not only suitable for older people, but also more suitable for young people.
Although there are some similar styles at present, it is still a little worse, and this is the most important thing to work hard.
At present, the biggest advantage is that the large framework is perfect, and the production process of band in a box is perfect. This problem can be solved only if the official is more serious.
It's magical to see

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Lazarus

Here are a few of his tutorials to get you started. There are many more on his channel.

How To Produce A Pop Song In 10 Steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YixkCxZk8

How to analyze and deconstruct pop songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z40mY1JC2FI

How to Make an Ariana Grande Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxwsA1iAnY

How To Make A Pop Ballad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irjUUwUM70Q

How To Make A Mellow Pop Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr6vf6t3kxY

How to Make a Taylor Swift Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_cmSbb3gC4

How To Make A Song Like The Weeknd (Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes, Faith)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2d3y58rSYU&t=550s

How To Make Funk / Disco Pop (Charlie Puth, Dua Lipa, DNCE, Doja Cat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI4rzNsTv_o

How To Make A Trap Pop Song (blackbear, Post Malone, The Weeknd) + FREE STEMS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fHPVQnX8Ew

I hope these links might also be of interest to other BIAB songwriter users.

Also on Youtube, you can find Billie Eilish's brother talking about how he produces Billie's songs and people like Charlie Puth demonstrating how he wrote and arranged some of his songs. (His song River was on my list).

I watched it all. These songs are completely two concepts with the current BIAB.

In terms of music orchestration, these are synthesizers, similar to AVENGER.
Band in a box has always been basically a guitar, and a lot of guitars are used, or the songs are mainly guitars, the overall feeling is relatively cheesy.

These music scores are very flexible and change a lot, and they are really nice. And BAND IN A BOX only has some drums, bass, guitar, and piano. .
I think the gap is a bit big.

If BAND IN A BOX can make such music, it would be great. I think it's impossible, right?
I also listen to these songs you recommend every day. These songs are really nice.

So why doesn't BAND IN A BOX work? I don't know. Maybe BIAB is suitable for middle-aged or unprofessional people?
I cried. Ha ha

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
If Biab made this type of music I wouldn't need it any more.

Keith

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Keith44
If Biab made this type of music I wouldn't need it any more.

Keith

But it will still make the type of music you can create now. They would be additional styles, not replacement styles, surely.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc.
Hi Lazarus,

Your posts have been extremely helpful, and yes, making more new modern-pop/RnB/EDM styles would be an excellent idea.

The song list you posted above is a really good resource for the kinds of styles we could add. The next step of course would be finding musicians/producers who would be the best choices for making this kind of music. Sites like Jettracks look like they're more geared towards just selling you pre-made tracks, but the site isn't really suitable for putting producers actually in touch with clients. I also looked a bit into the songtown site you mentioned, but it also doesn't necessarily seem to lend itself to putting producers in touch with clients. There was a site called Soundbetter that does seem to be geared towards this, so that may be one route we could take, but I was wondering if you (or anyone else in this thread) might have other suggestions for where we should look to find producers/musicians we could work with. Perhaps other forums you might know of where people like this may frequent?

thanks,
Tobin

If you haven't already thought of it, Austin Hull, the creator of Make Pop Music, the video tutorial series posted earlier in this ***Make Pop Tutorials Post *** is a possible candidate for helping to create BIAB 'pop' styles and also how to make pop styles tutorials using BIAB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbs1tyAVW4
https://www.makepopmusic.com/

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
L
Lazarus Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
L
Hello again,

I hadn't realised that this thread was still active so I'd not checked it out for a few months. Glad to see that the discussion continues.

I would like to mention that my own favourite music is The Beatles, way ahead of anything else. I have no interest in EDM or what I think some contributors to this thread consider 'modern music' to be. My interest is in proper songs with a contemporary flavour.

If you check out my list of recent pop songs earlier in the thread, I think you will find that they are timeless, in the sense that they have good chord progressions, melodies and arrangements. I think there are more good pop songs now than there have been since the 70s. That's partly about Spotify's need for a song to hook you quickly, which has helped to weed out a lot of the boring stuff. Of course, there's plenty of rubbish out there but there always was.

Most pop songs now are 3 minutes or shorter. In many ways, it's back to the 60s, with short, hooky songs. But the SOUNDS were fresh in the 60s. BIAB is great for structure and chords but we need fresh sounds for today in accessible format. 1000 loops in alphabetical order is no use to me. I don't have time to work through them (or slaughter goats myself - that post made me laugh). I need loops integrated into styles, with links to suitable substitutions.

It might already be too late for PG. This evening I had an email from Output to announce that Arcade version 2 will allow you to use your own chords and melodies. If that turns out to be as good as I hope, that could provide what I'm looking for. The current version of Arcade is great for sounds but useless for using your own chords.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,392
Posts732,471
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195