Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
What DAW are you having this problem in ?

STUDIO ONE

The only thing that can remove chord is Del or backspace key.
Studio One will not send spacebar key to VST.
Will it do the same in FL Studio ?

Expert
Expert
I'll have to check it but I've still got a sneaking suspicion that if you don't click out of the current bar with the latest chord BIAB doesn't 'take in' the chord you just entered. moving on to the next bar even if you don't enter anything 'registers' the chord. i will check tomorrow.

its such a weird problem that it has to be something simple - as Videotrack says its not likely to be program related

Last edited by Bob Calver; 09/23/21 12:23 PM.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
It may have something to do with the
BB VST CHORD Copy move error

Veteran
Veteran
I tried every way I could think of the trick including typing C<space>. It held on to the C chord and started playing the song. I didn't try the VST, only BiaB, but the O/P had mentioned:
Quote:
This has happened many times, whether VST or BIAB main program

I'm not sure if that statement is totally correct.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
I'll have to check it but I've still got a sneaking suspicion that if you don't click out of the current bar with the latest chord BIAB doesn't 'take in' the chord you just entered. moving on to the next bar even if you don't enter anything 'registers' the chord. i will check tomorrow.

its such a weird problem that it has to be something simple - as Videotrack says its not likely to be program related

This has been my experience. Must click out or hit enter or chord does not hold.

Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen
Windows 10 pro 1709 16299.125
Intel core i7 6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
16 gig memory
BIAB UltraPak version is 2023 (Latest)
Cubase pro 9
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Ember - PG 音乐

I'm the latest version.
But I do lose it easily. I guess it's because you're typing chords.
Many playback software is blank space
When I finish typing chords, the space plays
Will be automatically deleted? I haven't found the reason yet
I remember sometimes it disappears without pressing the space.
Can we make input a better way
Or design a lock, which will be locked after input, so that the keyboard cannot control writing
If you want to write, open the lock
Do you think so?

Just out of curiosity, have you tried reinstalling the latest patch?

If not, here is the most recently released patch to the public:

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#842

I mention this only because when there's strange behaviour sometimes a reset to factory defaults for the program or a reinstall of the same patch can fix the issue. Based on what I know of the program though, chords typically don't vanish unless it's an entry error of some kind - so that does make this problem a bit perplexing. However, when there's a corrupted file somewhere Band-in-a-Box can have strange behaviour that doesn't line up with what we typically expect from program behaviour, so just having confirmation that this step has been taken is useful. A foreign keyboard has been ruled out, so that's good. You mentioned using Studio One as your DAW that you are using the plugin in - what version of Studio One are you using in specific? I can see if someone on our team has the same version and can test it for the same behaviour. Also, when you are finished entering the chords, are you hitting the space key, the enter key, tab key, are you clicking outside of the cell when you're done, etc, or are you just manually pressing the play button on the GUI?

Cheers,
Ember
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: mbsmike
Must click out or hit enter or chord does not hold.

That's a common behaviour for a great many entry systems. On most such systems, the tab key also usually works and after not too long one does one of these things so automatically that one doesn't even notice.

I now pretty much presume that any cell-entry system like these will accept tab as "I'm complete here". Spreadsheets, web pages, etc..

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
Originally Posted By: mbsmike
Must click out or hit enter or chord does not hold.

That's a common behaviour for a great many entry systems. On most such systems, the tab key also usually works and after not too long one does one of these things so automatically that one doesn't even notice.

I now pretty much presume that any cell-entry system like these will accept tab as "I'm complete here". Spreadsheets, web pages, etc..

Leaving the latest cell I entered information into active in the plugin and not using enter or clicking away from it didn't drop the chord for me - it stayed.

Cheers,
Ember
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Ember - PG 音乐

MY STUDIO ONE IS 5.4

BB VST chord disappearance problem, not often
But the problem of chord movement often occurs.

download video
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=18380&filename=Chord.mp4

See the link below

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674498#Post674498

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/24/21 04:33 PM.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the video, which shows an issue when using the plugin.

Previously, you mentioned in this thread:
Quote:
This has happened many times, whether VST or BIAB main program

Could you please post a video of it doing the same issue in the BiaB main program? That's the one I'm interested in because after you reported it I spent a lot of time trying to find this problem in BiaB. But so far could not, so I need to see your exact workflow by viewing a video you supply.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I think it's all tied in together with other disappearing or moving chords when selecting from the left or selecting from the right and ctrl+c

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674799

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BiabVST-The-Disappearing-Chord.gif (168.88 KB, 84 downloads)
BiabVST-Chord-Copy2.gif (113.97 KB, 84 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
I can not duplicate any of this odd behavior in either the BIAB-VST standalone or with the BIAB-VST in Reaper. Copy and Paste of chords is flawless in the 15 minutes of trials I just performed.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Ember - PG 音乐

MY STUDIO ONE IS 5.4

BB VST chord disappearance problem, not often
But the problem of chord movement often occurs.

download video
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=18380&filename=Chord.mp4

See the link below

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674498#Post674498

To clarify, are you having this issue in the Windows version or the Mac version? I know we're in the Windows subforum, but I can't duplicate this behavior on Windows at all but can every time on Mac, even in the standalone plugin of the same version as you (3.9.12). Or, on the off chance, is it a Windows version run through Parallels or Boot Camp or something similar on a Mac?

Cheers,
Ember
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
more, 3.9.12 & 3.9.9

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BiabVST-The-Disappearing-Chord2.gif (199.98 KB, 72 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
old version:

BiabVST-The-Disappearing-Chord3.gif (317.68 KB, 66 downloads)
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
All problems appear in the new version.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I'll go ahead and report this to the developers. They might already know about it, but can't hurt for me to pass it along. If they have any advice or recommendations, I'll return and post it here.

Cheers,
Ember
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,595
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193