Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi floyd,

This is great.

Everything about this from writing to final mix is beyond the ordinary. You have a well-honed knack for polishing productions. Every time I listen to one of your songs, I am consistently hypnotised by your abilities.... singing, writing, arranging, mixing.

Brilliant. Again.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Another beauty, great use of BIAB, thoroughly enjoyed several listens

Thanks, TM....

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Root and fifth bass, major sevenths in the verse, catchy chorus with strong harmonies, well sung - all excellent.

But... I found that shaken tambourine on the chorus really distracting. At least, I think it's a tambourine. I switched over from my speakers to my headphones just to make sure there wasn't something rattling in the system.

200+ songs and still going strong! smile

Thanks for the listen and comments, David!! There isn't a tambourine in the mix at all, so I imagine what you are hearing is the (very loose) open hi-hat. I'm not a fan of that sound myself (and often complain about it in other people's mixes). The drums are a stereo mixed drum track (from Drums On Demand, I think...I have so many lying around, it's hard to keep track of where things come from at times). There is also a ride cymbal that I am not fond of in it. And when I re-mix (right before posting) I got that track a little too "hot" (with an EQ plugin) - keying more on the snare sound, neglecting the sharpness of the cymbals/hi-hats (and, these ears aren't getting any younger, so I may be making more mistakes these days).

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I could listen to you sing till the cows come home . . . and Bud said that would be okay, but first we need to buy some cows. wink

As always, you've got an excellent band to go along with your excellent vocals and the sweet lyric (Janice's lyric description) and fine mix.

A bit of the blast from the past but what's wrong with that?
Nothing in our book.

Production wise your high bar retains it's highness!

J&B

Thanks, y'all!! Moo!!!!!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Good title and nice friend-to-friend advice built around it.
Great pop intro with very good drum groove, bit Eagles there. Nice chord progression, especially in the verses. The solo fits very well. Good vocals as always.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This one is top notch from every possible angle. I'm a sucker for a good pedal steel guitar and the way you used it here was very tasty. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie (for the continued support, too....)

Originally Posted By: Leon1
I listened to lot of country rock in my teens/early twenties so have quite a soft spot for the style. This is a really fine example, well written and beatifully sung. Great work as always, Floyd.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon. Always nice to hear from you....

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

This is great.

Everything about this from writing to final mix is beyond the ordinary. You have a well-honed knack for polishing productions. Every time I listen to one of your songs, I am consistently hypnotised by your abilities.... singing, writing, arranging, mixing.

Brilliant. Again.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks, as always, Noel!! (we've been doing this for a long time now - you much longer than me!!!)

smile

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

Another tight tune, with all the right elements exactly where they need to be. Nice job on the harmonies in the chorus; great mixing to get them sounding like that. Cool 70’s-like country rock tune. Killer solo on this as well. Great work on this!

All my best,

Deej

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
HEY FJ,
A little late getting back on this but.......
I'm interested in your entire vocal recording/processing.

Primarily, what's your tracking set up? Any special mics, preamps processing on the ay in.

Secondly, how are you processing your vocals, are you mixing your own work?
Everything always sounds clear and present.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
moto

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This delivery is outstanding, but reflects the classic Westcoast sound of the '70's that is absolutely tireless.

Another winner.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
This delivery is outstanding, but reflects the classic Westcoast sound of the '70's that is absolutely tireless.

Another winner.

Trev - Always nice to have you drop by for a listen! Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
HEY FJ,
A little late getting back on this but.......
I'm interested in your entire vocal recording/processing.

Primarily, what's your tracking set up? Any special mics, preamps processing on the ay in.

Secondly, how are you processing your vocals, are you mixing your own work?
Everything always sounds clear and present.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
moto

moto - I'd be happy to describe my vocal chain and processing, but a Showcase thread seems the wrong place to do that...
So...

I'll work up a discussion to go in the "Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production" section of the forum (so watch for that) - and perhaps others can join in and talk about how they do vocals, too. We might all learn something - and it is less likely to get "lost" as it would here (in this thread)...

Might take me a little while to get to that and write it out....

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Wonderful song!!!! Very pretty melody and lyrics?......well, you are a master!!! Groove makes it SO easy to listen to......and that guitar solo sounds custom!! When did you become fj2? Is that basically FJ 2.O?? If so, the magic is still there in the new version!!!! Love it!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,484
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195