Print Thread
Go To
#671542 09/04/21 09:15 AM
Beginners Forum
Roycol Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
I have the 2021 pro, there does'nt seem to be any bass looks included, is that correct?
Is it possible to make my own loops?

Geekom Mini-pc
Intel i5-8259U
16,0 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 11 pro
Acer V15 Laptop
Intel i5-5257U
16,0 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10, x64
Acer 5750 Laptop
Intel i3-2310M
6.00 GB RAM 64-bit operating system, x64

Roycol #671582 09/04/21 02:16 PM
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
According to the PG Music Website, the Pro package contains over 1000 loops, but it doesn't state if any are Bass Loops. There is a Drums and Bass loop (_DRUMNBS).

Can you use MIDI for that?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-09-05_10-14-35.jpg (112.79 KB, 156 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Roycol #672084 09/08/21 04:53 AM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Roycol, I recently did a fresh install of the 2021 Pro for Windows. In the loops window, I typed in the keyword "bass" into the filter string and there were some results for bass drums, dubstep, hip-hop, house-techno, and other miscellaneous genres. I then searched for bass in the loops of the 2021 UltraPAK version and only identified drum loops in various genres as well, no bass instrument loops. Generally the loops are drum tracks.

Best,
Chantelle
Roycol #672188 09/08/21 04:25 PM
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Roycol
I have the 2021 pro, there does'nt seem to be any bass looks included, is that correct?

It's very possible to make your own with Real Track bass.

I don't have time at the moment to tell you a step by step method, but it's not really any harder than creating a full arrangement. You'll just need to set things up differently than for a full arrangement--bar length, repeats, endings, etc. as well as your usual entries of key, tempo, and any groove alterations like pushes, shots, holds, rests. Render with Acid info.

It depends largely on your DAW how the resulting small segments will be loaded, but you should be able to paint them in similar to any other loop.

The downside MAY be that you MIGHT have to take the extra step of quantizing, but with bass, I'm thinking probably not so much. As long as they "loop", that human element shouldn't be more "detrimental" than the way they play in a larger arrangement. The up side is you can made 6+ with every song file by just loading a bass on every track that will accept one AND you get to set your own key and tempo.

Things have changed dramatically since I was using them a lot, but all of the above steps may well be easier than digging up bass loops from a 3rd party folder.

See what you can accomplish.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Roycol #674719 09/24/21 11:48 AM
Beginners Forum
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
If you're looking to make your own custom audio loops, we actually have a tutorial here that you may find useful as well:

https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_loops.htm

Cheers,
Ember
Ember - PG Music #674795 09/25/21 01:49 AM
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Originally Posted By: Roycol

It's very possible to make your own with Real Track bass.

I don't have time at the moment to tell you a step by step method, but it's not really any harder than creating a full arrangement. You'll just need to set things up differently than for a full arrangement--bar length, repeats, endings, etc. as well as your usual entries of key, tempo, and any groove alterations like pushes, shots, holds, rests. Render with Acid info.

It depends largely on your DAW how the resulting small segments will be loaded, but you should be able to paint them in similar to any other loop.

The downside MAY be that you MIGHT have to take the extra step of quantizing, but with bass, I'm thinking probably not so much. As long as they "loop", that human element shouldn't be more "detrimental" than the way they play in a larger arrangement. The up side is you can made 6+ with every song file by just loading a bass on every track that will accept one AND you get to set your own key and tempo.

Things have changed dramatically since I was using them a lot, but all of the above steps may well be easier than digging up bass loops from a 3rd party folder.

See what you can accomplish.

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
If you're looking to make your own custom audio loops, we actually have a tutorial here that you may find useful as well:

https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_loops.htm

Well, this is a fun post and both methods are easier than the convoluted way I've done loops in the past so my interest in making custom loops is re-energized. Thanks for Roycol's question and both great replies.

Tangmo, If you do find time, a detailed step by step post would be appreciated. I never knew to use the StyleMaker to isolate the audio snips and that is pretty convenient and I currently import my saved WAV snippets into RealBand and use the Save as Loop function from RealBand to acidize and save to the correct file directory. Curious to hear what you do.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Roycol #675038 09/26/21 10:54 AM
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
OK, Charlie. No pictures, but here's how I could get a real track bass to PLAY a loop. Stay tuned for associated failure, however.

Edit/Song Form/Settings (for this song)/ UNCHECK generate two bar ending.

Options/ Preferences/count-in/select no count in.

Number of bars (my test was TWO)

Number of choruses (ONE)

Selected a RT bass in key and tempo. Soloed it in the mixer. Generated and regenerated until I had a pattern I liked.

Rendered as .wav with no lead-in/count and with Acid info.

Here's where failure reared it's ugly head. The resultant .wav always had an extra bar of silence at the end. So I took the .wav to RealBand and figured out your instructions, selected the two good bars and created a loop. Loaded that loop into Reaper and it painted in beautifully and would have played as long as I had kept painting.

So I would have to caution from my own experiment that it may be impossible to create a loop from start to finish within BIAB from Realtracks. It is also very possible that I did not set all options necessary to render only my two bars and nothing but my two bars. You can certainly get RT's to play "looping" within BIAB.

So what's the take-away, Charlie?

1. Is it possible to create loops with RealTracks? Absolutely. I hope that was never in question.

2. Is BIAB proper capable of creating loops? In my experience, it got me almost all the way there. I could set my own key, tempo, feel, and I even added a 1/8th push to the first beat of the second bar, so "groove" adjustments are also possible. I could hear it "looped". The problem came when rendering. I had to go outside the BIAB program to do an extra step on the file I rendered out of BIAB.

4. Is RB perhaps a better option for doing all the above in one program? Maybe it is. I suspect strongly that it is. Though I keep RB up-to-date, I haven't spent much time in it. Without question it is a very good tool for the actual creation of finished loops. Assuming RB can do all of those things that BIAB can do mentioned above, then it very likely IS the better option.

5. Imagination is the limit in loop creation. "The Box" can give you a lot of things that "The Box" was not principally designed to do. Use "The Box" to help you think outside the box.

I'm hoping at least for a C mark on this explanation, Charlie. Sorry for the lack of graphics.

I'd be interested in any other's experience, especially when it comes to the possibility of convincing BIAB to render without that extra bar at the end.

What I got:

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/2-4-120-cmajor-loop-x4/s-nRe9Wy8qObQ

Time spent--about 1 hour 15 minutes. Without hiccups? Probably 15 minutes. With lots more practice (or with RB)? Likely less than half that. And I'm slow.

Have fun.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Roycol #675042 09/26/21 12:20 PM
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
Just for fun, to illustrate my point #5 above with an extremely extreme example, this is an old thing I did many years ago in Acid Pro. Except for the vocals, this was made with 100% Sonic Foundry Acid stock loops. It's about 20 years old. Even the "lyrics" were inspired by what seemed to be emanating from the sonic gnarlification happening. "What do you think of that mouse, boys?"

I "heard" another lyric in the second half, but chose not to sing it. The perfect punk lyric for Acid Planet. Good times.

It's unlikely you will like it, but here it is. I didn't make it to be liked. I made it to be annoying and to poke some holes in computer-music pomposity.

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/beets-for-mr-buckley-new-master

Last edited by Tangmo; 09/26/21 12:24 PM.

Roycol #675079 09/26/21 04:29 PM
Beginners Forum
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Thanks for posting the directions. For a 20 year old song, the song was light years ahead of its time.... It sounded very much like computer music.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,178
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185