Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
I was going to finish the song in BB VST.
However, it was finally found that it was better to complete the song first in the main program of band in a box.
But I don't know much about the main program of band in a box.
There are two main questions:
First: although it is divided into ABCD paragraphs, it is not particularly obvious. For example, a starts with intro, but the feeling changes when it returns. It is not intro at all. It is different from what was played just now. How can we control the change?
Second: how many settings are appropriate for a song to end? 32 or 64? I have no experience in these. I hope you can help me. thank you

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Veteran
Veteran
Pop music uses arrangement labels like Inro, Verse, Bridge,.

Band-in-a-Box uses the jazz method of arrangement where there is a non repeatable introduction, a chorus that repeats as many times as desired (the default chorus repeat is three (3) times and a no repeatable ending.

A song can be as short or as long as you desire. The shortest number of bars Band-in-a-Box can handle is two (2). The most number of bars Band-in-a-Box can handle is two hundred fifty five (255).

Use part marker (1) when you want a fill or (2) when you want to change the intensity of the song. An "A" part marker is less intense and a "B" part marker is more intense.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Jim Fogle:

The key changes every time it is strong or not.
How can I clearly mark the beginning, main song and chorus

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
Jim Fogle:

The key changes every time it is strong or not.
How can I clearly mark the beginning, main song and chorus
One method I use is Bar-based Section Letters. Right-click on a bar number and you'll see. I might use I, V, C, B for Intro, Verse, Chorus, Bridge.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Matt Finley

Because my English is not good, it is difficult to understand.
Whether there is a screenshot or an operation video is better.
Now I try to do everything well in BIAB, and then transfer to bbvst

Veteran
Veteran
Because my English is not good, it is difficult to understand.
Whether there is a screenshot or an operation video is better.
Now I try to do everything well in BIAB, and then transfer to bbvst

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-09-28_13-33-48.jpg (199.07 KB, 121 downloads)
2021-09-28_13-34-12.jpg (94.35 KB, 118 downloads)
Last edited by VideoTrack; 09/27/21 05:50 PM.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
thanks. But why is this C?
What I see is this.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-09-28_122806.jpg (222.54 KB, 117 downloads)
2021-09-28_122836.jpg (387.48 KB, 117 downloads)
2021-09-28_122912.jpg (198.55 KB, 117 downloads)
2021-09-28_122936.jpg (187.11 KB, 117 downloads)
2021-09-28_122936.jpg (187.11 KB, 117 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
You asked:
"How can I clearly mark the beginning, main song and chorus"
Matt and I answered that question

Follow my 3 numbered steps.

1: Right Click
2: Choose Bar Based Section Letters from the context menu
3: Choose a letter you want to appear, "C" for Chorus, "V" for Verse etc. and that letter will be added to the bar.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
VideoTrack

Oh, I see. You just mean that as a mark.
I mean, sometimes the paragraph changes are not obvious. Sometimes I mark the beginning, but repeat it once, such as choruses x 2. When I repeat it for the second time, the sound of the beginning paragraph changes. It's hard for me to control.
I think I'm not familiar with the software and where the settings are wrong.

https://ufile.io/o9a7zdn9 https://ufile.io/o9a7zdn9

https://ufile.io/1burfqut

I recorded a video. Although it is segmented, it sounds that the distinction is not big

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/27/21 09:05 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
Two things:

1: In the video you pressed Play, not Generate and Play, so therefore the song would not be regenerated (previous variations would remain the same unless you made a deliberate change to the song).

2: In Song Settings (Control-N), if you have Vary Style in Middle Choruses set to "Yes," the song will play in sub-style B for the second chorus. That could be the variation you are hearing.

2021-09-28_17-03-55.jpg (107.39 KB, 103 downloads)

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

VideoTrack

thank you.

In Song settings, I think it is checked by default. Should I remove the check??

In fact, I just want the paragraph to be clear.
Is there any kind of setting that can clearly divide the four paragraphs intro, verse, chorus and bridge
Then, each generation will have a small melody rhythm change, but the four paragraphs are still very clear.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
VideoTrack:

https://ufile.io/x8slolzz

You listen to this beginning and cycle back in 50 seconds, but the effect is different and stronger. It's not intro anymore. That's what I said, what confused me.
I hope it can. It doesn't change every time

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
An "A" part marker is less intense and a "B" part marker is more intense.

HI,Jim Fogle

A and B are not strong and strong
So what is the relationship between C and D? C. What is the relationship between D and a, B?

This is a screenshot of the teaching video I saw on the official YouTube

2021-09-28_162801.jpg (135.47 KB, 89 downloads)
Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/27/21 10:28 PM.

Veteran
Veteran

In Song settings, I think it is checked by default. Should I remove the check??

Yes. Remove the check and regenerate and listen the to difference. Each play through the song will be a similar 'energy level'.

In fact, I just want the paragraph to be clear.
Is there any kind of setting that can clearly divide the four paragraphs intro, verse, chorus and bridge
Then, each generation will have a small melody rhythm change, but the four paragraphs are still very clear.

BiaB doesn't work this way. It uses the concept of a Chorus, where each chorus is one play through the song.
You can have Intro, one or more Choruses, and a Tag ending which can jump from any bar within the last chorus.

BiaB doesn't support Verse, Bridge etc by those names. The 'Chorus' concept is the way the developers designed it.

Feel free to experiment with settings and listen the the results. You'll begin to better understand how things fit together.

This song has a 4-bar intro, the Chorus start from bar 5 to 45 and repeats 3 times:

2021-09-28_19-13-39.jpg (22.76 KB, 82 downloads)

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
VideoTrack:

yes. My tangle is that every repetition is different.
I finally have to save it and finish the song in Daw through bbvst.
But because every repetition in BIAB is different, I don't know how to keep it.
So I thought I should write a complete song in BIAM and save it. Finally, call bbvst and use.
The general idea is that BIAB comes up with a framework. Complete the song in Daw with the help of bbvst.

You gave me the "bandinabox for windows part markers Overview" on the official website last time. I think it's very useful. Are there any similar tutorials? For "part markers"

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

You can fix that. You can 'freeze' the tracks so that they don't change each generation.
After you generate/play the song and like the way it sounds, freeze each track. The 'snowflake' icon turns blue.
After that, every time you play the song those tracks will always sound the same, there will be no changes in the performance for any tracks you have frozen.

2021-09-28_20-09-05.jpg (42.76 KB, 65 downloads)

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quote:

You can fix that. You can 'freeze' the tracks so that they don't change each generation.
After you generate/play the song and like the way it sounds, freeze each track. The 'snowflake' icon turns blue.
After that, every time you play the song those tracks will always sound the same, there will be no changes in the performance for any tracks you have frozen.

Will the snowflake function also work in bbvst?
I'm thinking or going directly to BBVs to constantly generate the melody I need, which is also possible. I'll try later.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
This video may help you.

Band in a Box Part Markers

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
After testing, if C / D is used in BIAB, it cannot be used in BB VST.
Because bbvst can only recognize a and B

Veteran
Veteran
Will the snowflake function also work in bbvst?
I'm thinking or going directly to BBVs to constantly generate the melody I need, which is also possible. I'll try later.

Good. Let us know your results.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195