You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#608635 - 07/30/20 03:45 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Violin waltzes
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Whilst there's a few fiddle RT waltz styles could we PLEASE have some violin waltz tracks ? We've none at the moment

#608729 - 07/30/20 02:52 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: furry]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

+1

Splendid suggestion furry! The harmonizer feature could be put to good use with some violin waltzes.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#608791 - 07/31/20 02:22 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: furry]
furry Offline
Veteran

It certainly could Jim , low AND high as well please guys ?

#609367 - 08/04/20 02:23 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: Jim Fogle]
cwiggins999 Offline
Apprentice

Jim, what is this "harmonizer" feature that you are speaking of? Or are you speaking of some separate plugin or hardware?

Chuck Wiggins

BIAB 2021 Win UltraPak, Cakewalk, Windows 10 Pro
Custom AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, iConnectivity Audio 4+ interface

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chuckwigginsmusic
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1cGfP_abwQWwhX6TRcYsg

#609372 - 08/04/20 05:34 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: cwiggins999]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
+1

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#609421 - 08/04/20 01:01 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: cwiggins999]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cwiggins999
Jim, what is this "harmonizer" feature that you are speaking of? Or are you speaking of some separate plugin or hardware?
It is a feature added in 2020 that adds harmonic content to audio, The most concise description I've seen is in another new for 2020 feature, the Feature Browser!

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#609899 - 08/08/20 03:06 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: furry]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

+1
I vote for violin waltzes

Biab 2021, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#662913 - 07/05/21 12:55 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: rodipoet]
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Bump

Biab 2021, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#663059 - 07/06/21 08:24 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: furry]
Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Tobin - PG Music Inc. Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Originally Posted By: furry
Whilst there's a few fiddle RT waltz styles could we PLEASE have some violin waltz tracks ? We've none at the moment

Thanks for the suggestion Graham. Can you post some youtube/etc links of the kinds of styles you have in mind?

Also, just to clarify, it looks like you're actually distinguishing between "fiddle" and "violin", which are the same thing. When we first started adding violin into Band-in-a-Box, it was in a country/folk setting, and so we called those styles "fiddle", which is a common term for violin used in a more folksy way, but when we started adding string quartet styles, it seemed like an odd choice to still call the violins within those quartets "fiddles", so for those we called them "violins". But, it's still all the same instrument.

That being said, if you have some specific ideas in mind, we'd love to hear them!

Tobin - PG Music Inc.

#663185 - 07/07/21 11:45 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: Tobin - PG Music Inc.]
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

I'd like to have some strinquartet/classical style waltzes. I often used your stringquartets, but they are all 4/4. I tried to use some of those 4/4 in 3/4 songs, hoping biab was smart enough to produce a convincing sound, but they failed.

#674932 - 09/26/21 01:03 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: furry]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I was going to mention the "Celtic" strings have even-time 3/4 sets, but you're right, they're all trios at best, no quartets! shocked
Ok, so perhaps you could sort of fake it by adding a Cello or bowed bass for the bottom instrument, but it wouldn't be quite the same as a set that's designed as a quartet section from the get go. Besides, we need sets for the classical genre as it is, and your request could fit right into that.

+1

#675234 - 09/28/21 12:13 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Violin waltzes [Re: Icelander]
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

A nice example of what I search are The Beatles in She's leaving home.
https://youtu.be/VaBPY78D88g

PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
34997 Members
66 Forums
71255 Topics
617995 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ged1200, apexel, PROJECT M, Alice Dawson, CAFA

34997 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 299