Having only about 2 days experience with real tracks, I'm in agreement with a couple of earlier posts. Tom's suggestions under "retooling hybrid style creation" is much along the line of my thinking. I like to try various instruments within and across styles and find the current setup cumbersome. I would agree, also, with Justin's call for more jazz real tracks, both traditional stuff and some of the newer smooth jazz styles. For the material I play, here's what I need (or wish) to add to the existing real track bass options----and that is some real acoustic guitar comping in a jazz swing style. I like the finger picking and country strumming that's available, but can't make them fit some of the swing jazz styles. What comes to mind is the work of Frddy Green. Maybe there's others. Anyone remember the country duo, Homer and Jethro? I have some of their jazz recordings and Homer's rhythm work is great. How about Ranger Doug of Riders In The Sky? He plays a mean arch top of some kind and does some fine swing-style playing. These are a few examples. Surely pgmusic could find some players in that vein.
One final point about real tracks----what's the possiblity that in the future entire style sets would be available in real tracks? Rather than mixing and matching and piecing things together, I wish that many of the current midi-track styles were available (as is), but in real tracks.