#676821 10/07/21 04:24 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Do you often use JAZZ STYLE?
I personally think that this JAZZ style is very much in BB, but I rarely use it.
Jazz style is also difficult for him to integrate into other types of music.
I mainly use POP music style feel.

What is the music style you use most often?

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
swingbabymix #676827 10/07/21 06:06 PM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Maybe Jazz practice ?

swingbabymix #676836 10/07/21 11:37 PM
Expert
Expert
Mostly I use Jazz styles. Without them, I would probably not be using BiaB at all.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
swingbabymix #676840 10/08/21 12:51 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

I use many different styles in my music. Why should I restrict myself to only one type? Music is universal, and so are the musical styles.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
AudioTrack #676844 10/08/21 01:46 AM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

I use many different styles in my music. Why should I restrict myself to only one type? Music is universal, and so are the musical styles.

I think there are too many jazz styles grin

swingbabymix #676845 10/08/21 01:58 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I use mostly jazz styles when I use styles. Sometimes I just choose individual RealTracks and make my own sound (which can be saved as a style).

BIAB started as a program to play jazz fake books, but over the last two decades I think they have made a terrific effort to balance the RealTracks and styles they add. For every time I read there is too much jazz, someone says there is too much country or too much rock guitar etc.

If you want to make suggestions for new sounds, just go to the Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Forum. For best results, give them a song link so they know what the sound is.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
swingbabymix #676857 10/08/21 02:40 AM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Look at JJazzLab it was made by Jazz guys same as Biab but they both have other styles, it's not ALL Jazz. I like all the genres Biab has I just move in a different way to them smile

AudioTrack #676871 10/08/21 04:08 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Same here.

Also the genres are not built in stone. I've used country styles in jazz and rock songs, jazz styles in country and rock songs, etc.

Explore various styles and have fun.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
swingbabymix #676887 10/08/21 05:42 AM
Veteran
Veteran
The set of styles I use the most are the BLANK styles.

BLANK styles do not have MIDI patterns, MIDI patch numbers, RealDrums, MIDI SuperTrack or RealTrack instrument assignments or loops.

BLANK styles do include time signature (3/4 or 4/4), feel (even or swing), key signature (C) and tempo.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard41 Blank StylePicker.jpg (172.78 KB, 244 downloads)
StylePicker with BLANK filter

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
swingbabymix #676955 10/08/21 03:04 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Jazz styles are really fun to play with! Music classes in school usually start with a focus on jazz or classical, and ours was the former many moons ago when I was in school still. I also like using the various rock styles!

Cheers,
Ember
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Jazz styles are really fun to play with! Music classes in school usually start with a focus on jazz or classical, and ours was the former many moons ago when I was in school still. I also like using the various rock styles!

Maybe I don't listen to jazz very much
I always think Jazz feels the same grin

swingbabymix #677004 10/08/21 11:01 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
Haha - that's what I often think about Pop laugh

Last edited by MoveToGroove; 10/08/21 11:02 PM.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool
swingbabymix #677049 10/09/21 07:35 AM
Expert
Expert
I fully acknowledge the grin.

You may listen to more than you think. There are all kinds of jazz and fusion styles around. Some people say they hate jazz, but they think "trad jazz" is all there is, or "cool jazz".

The fact that you're experimenting with BiaB, suggests your mind is likely receptive to other music styles.

These may offer an insight into variation:
https://youtu.be/ItvpE5PCQk0
https://youtu.be/o5cELP06Mik
https://youtu.be/yp6JEdp6mZw
https://youtu.be/eE_D6Kve1SM
https://youtu.be/TDrzQwq8dz4
https://youtu.be/WhudDa3JAyc
https://youtu.be/KRLwsSbqlwo

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 10/09/21 07:37 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Gordon Scott #677130 10/09/21 06:47 PM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
I fully acknowledge the grin.

You may listen to more than you think. There are all kinds of jazz and fusion styles around. Some people say they hate jazz, but they think "trad jazz" is all there is, or "cool jazz".

The fact that you're experimenting with BiaB, suggests your mind is likely receptive to other music styles.

I personally like these music very much. Good to hear.

However, if these songs are very different from many popular songs now.

Please note. I don't hate JAZZ music, I also like it very much, but I think it's almost the same. In fact, I prefer modern songs full of personality.

Now young people may prefer cooler music. Cool music, I don’t know if you can understand what I mean. Modern songs sound more vibrant. Happier, more suitable for dancing, more suitable for shooting short videos, more in line with modern trends.

The following songs are loved by young people all over the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwWNGJdvx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31crA53Dgu0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papuvlVeZg8

There are many examples of similar songs. These are the music that young people all over the world like now. In the car, in the shopping mall, any place is often heard. Cheerful! hapiness! modern!

However, when opening BIAB, you can clearly feel that BIAB's STYLE is mostly different from these. Maybe this is the style of BIAB? BIAB just likes to produce more JAZZ? This is suitable for more people to practice songs?
I don't know this, because the future direction is completely in the hands of the BIAB team.

swingbabymix #677136 10/09/21 07:13 PM
Expert
Expert
These are the music that young people all over the world like now. In the car, in the shopping mall, any place is often heard. Cheerful! hapiness! modern! However, when opening BIAB, you can clearly feel that BIAB's STYLE is mostly different from these. Maybe this is the style of BIAB? BIAB just likes to produce more JAZZ? This is suitable for more people to practice songs?

Please understand that for many old people all over the world, music serves to help us come to terms with our impending deaths. We also find old-fashioned JAZZ music useful in stimulating digestion and promoting regularity.

Mark Hayes #677137 10/09/21 07:20 PM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
These are the music that young people all over the world like now. In the car, in the shopping mall, any place is often heard. Cheerful! hapiness! modern! However, when opening BIAB, you can clearly feel that BIAB's STYLE is mostly different from these. Maybe this is the style of BIAB? BIAB just likes to produce more JAZZ? This is suitable for more people to practice songs?

Please understand that for many old people all over the world, music serves to help us come to terms with our impending deaths. We also find old-fashioned JAZZ music useful in stimulating digestion and promoting regularity.

This is a very good thing. Everyone will get old, and I will get old slowly in the future.

But my mom and dad are 70 years old and they also like this kind of music. Not only do I like to listen, but I also dance with him, although we don't understand what he is singing, even I am Asian.

I suddenly had an idea. Is there a few more versions of BIAB?

BIAB senior version for old people

BIAB pop Version for Young People grin

I made a joke, grin
any form of music is the best gift of life.

I found another nice song, share it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyHvyGVs42U

Last edited by swingbabymix; 10/09/21 07:37 PM.

swingbabymix #677142 10/09/21 07:44 PM
Expert
Expert
I made a joke, grin

Words fail.

I guess I at least need to clarify that my previous post was sarcastic.

Old people do not actually listen to JAZZ to help them poop.

Mark Hayes #677145 10/09/21 08:34 PM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
I made a joke, grin

Words fail.

I guess I need to say that my previous post was sarcastic.

Old people do not actually listen to JAZZ to help them poop.

grin grin

I thought it was real.
But I found that reggae music is really good.
Reggae music makes me beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5irTX82olg

And this classic old song, I think it’s no problem to make it with BIAB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obi4iELWJ3Y

swingbabymix #677158 10/09/21 10:44 PM
Apprentice
Apprentice
swingbaby,

there are a couple of factors that shaped modern pop of these days, in particular:

• If you want to remember something new, you need a structure in which you can integrate that new thing (synapses). The more different synapses you already have for a specific topic, the easier you can remember new things of that topic. The average listener / the mass has built up a relatively low number of music-related synapses. Therefore the mass needs simple melodies and simple progressions to be able to adopt a song (this has almost always been the case, so this first factor is not very specific for nowadays). Only if the mass adopts a song, it becomes POPular => Pop
  • Within the last two decades, it became more and more difficult to find melodies that don't violate any copyright. So the music producers even more resign from distinctive melodies.
  • The internet made it easier to rip a high number of songs, so that more and more people refused to pay money for songs.
  • Digital music software with all those ready-to-use-loops made it easier for people with a low knowledge of music theory to produce songs, and social networks made it easier to distribute them. So from that side, the market has been flooded for a while, so that many people from the mass have built up synapses for that stuff, which was mostly made upon a low overall number of quite simple progressions.
  • Streaming platforms then made almost every professionally produced song cheap and very easily available, so that radio and TV don't generate a commonly shared knowledge of music anymore. And with tools like Spotify's Release Radar, people don't get out of their own music-clouds anymore. The lowest common denominator for a song to reach into the majority of these clouds is ... a low number of quite simple progressions.

This all more and more merged together then. So now, many professional music producers say to themselves: "Why making at least medium creative songs, if that takes quite long to do, enhances the risk for very expensive copyright lawsuits and will currently not be adopted by the mass as much as simpler songs - and that all while the mass would even prefer to do illegal things than to pay the small amount of one appropriate dollar per song?"

Even artists who perform relatively simple music, often don't listen to that genre privately. That counts not only for Pop Music, but e.g. also for some Rock musicians or some Country musicians.

Many people's usage of vocabulary like "Cool" derives more from what a person grew up with than from some objective criteria. And "Modern" is often not more than what the mass adopts currently, but doesn't automatically stand for a high degree of creativeness.

I agree on one thing: If PG wants more customers, it should get better known among younger people. That includes more styles etc. which the kids are used to (many of them? - well, at least superficially, since there are not sooo many essential differences between those songs, as explained above). But it also includes a couple of other critical aspects.

Last edited by MoveToGroove; 10/09/21 11:21 PM.

BiaB Pro 2022; Windows 10
Bass: Intermediate; Piano: Beginner
I came to this forum in order to suggest feature improvements for non-professional musicians like myself that use BiaB mainly as a playalong tool and as a learning tool
MoveToGroove #677168 10/10/21 12:27 AM
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: MoveToGroove
swingbaby,

there are a couple of factors that shaped modern pop of these days, in particular:

• If you want to remember something new, you need a structure in which you can integrate that new thing (synapses). The more different synapses you already have for a specific topic, the easier you can remember new things of that topic. The average listener / the mass has built up a relatively low number of music-related synapses. Therefore the mass needs simple melodies and simple progressions to be able to adopt a song (this has almost always been the case, so this first factor is not very specific for nowadays). Only if the mass adopts a song, it becomes POPular => Pop
  • Within the last two decades, it became more and more difficult to find melodies that don't violate any copyright. So the music producers even more resign from distinctive melodies.
  • The internet made it easier to rip a high number of songs, so that more and more people refused to pay money for songs.
  • Digital music software with all those ready-to-use-loops made it easier for people with a low knowledge of music theory to produce songs, and social networks made it easier to distribute them. So from that side, the market has been flooded for a while, so that many people from the mass have built up synapses for that stuff, which was mostly made upon a low overall number of quite simple progressions.
  • Streaming platforms then made almost every professionally produced song cheap and very easily available, so that radio and TV don't generate a commonly shared knowledge of music anymore. And with tools like Spotify's Release Radar, people don't get out of their own music-clouds anymore. The lowest common denominator for a song to reach into the majority of these clouds is ... a low number of quite simple progressions.

This all more and more merged together then. So now, many professional music producers say to themselves: "Why making at least medium creative songs, if that takes quite long to do, enhances the risk for very expensive copyright lawsuits and will currently not be adopted by the mass as much as simpler songs - and that all while the mass would even prefer to do illegal things than to pay the small amount of one appropriate dollar per song?"

Even artists who perform relatively simple music, often don't listen to that genre privately. That counts not only for Pop Music, but e.g. also for some Rock musicians or some Country musicians.

Many people's usage of vocabulary like "Cool" derives more from what a person grew up with than from some objective criteria. And "Modern" is often not more than what the mass adopts currently, but doesn't automatically stand for a high degree of creativeness.

I agree on one thing: If PG wants more customers, it should get better known among younger people. That includes more styles etc. which the kids are used to (many of them? - well, at least superficially, since there are not sooo many essential differences between those songs, as explained above). But it also includes a couple of other critical aspects.

In fact, I really like the reggae style music in BIAB.
But the drums in BIAB are not very good.

I replaced it with a more modern drum, which immediately felt modern.

That kind of Latin music is my favorite. They have many elements. It feels like dancing.

I recorded a video, take a look

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Replace drums02.mp4 (4.69 MB, 21 downloads)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,392
Posts732,471
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195