Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Tools of trade were tax deductible. Owning top equipment effectively reduced the tax liability at the time. Over a number of years the value of the said items was written down to zilch. So I guess they are worth nothing now. I have not really played “professionally” for quite some years now. I’ve been retired for 8 years so have no taxable income as such. I’ll probably die still owing this stuff that has been a major part of my life. The guitars will eventually be passed on and become someone else’s issue to sort.

The olde Tele and Maton CW80 photos of the Precision and Rickenbacker will be on and old external drive. I don't have the guitars with me at the moment.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
My Guitars.jpg (230.01 KB, 86 downloads)
Last edited by Teunis; 10/25/21 05:48 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I am going to be like my grandmother. When we told her she could not take her stuff with her when she died she said OK...I am just not going to die! She lived to be 104.

So I got 30 more years to think about it I guess...lol

Tony, those are some really cool guitars you got. At least some of them are worth quite a bit of money nowadays.

In conversations with Trevor and drummer buddy from Brisbane plus several other friends living in Australia, I think I would really like it there. Not too keen on meeting up with one of those brown snakes that I hear live in your neck of the woods...lol

Enjoy life as long as you can!

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
After 5 weeks in Australia and knowing my brother-in-law for 40 years, I'd really love to live in Australia. The problem with that idea is, I'm either too old or not wealthy enough for them to let me in frown

But my house is paid off, I live near the east coast of the mainland of Florida, my duo has an excellent reputation, we have a lot of repeat business, and I like it here.

Life is the best way to pass the time of day

I have a minimal amount of musical instruments, I'm a player, not a collector (there is nothing wrong with being a collector). I have a stage instrument and a spare of each of the instruments I play.

I always figured another instrument that I'm not going to gig with or isn't a back-up axe is a cut in pay. If I don't play it, I usually give it away to some student.

If I die first, Mrs. Notes can do whatever she wants with them. I won't need them anymore.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
If I die first, Mrs. Notes can do whatever she wants with them.

And with the age gap between you, statistics say that will likely happen.

The last bullet I dodged, er, girlfriend that I had, was 17 years younger than me and that weighed heavy on my mind as I dumped her. That age gap was JUST enough to put her into a generation with a different mindset on life and it didn't go well with mine.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Focus here has shifted from amassing guitars to rebuilding the studio. Once I get it painted and put it back together, and again I say "And this time I will run the wiring neatly", I should now have a good handle on sounds. Here's the rack I have spent the last month or so assembling.

Kurzweil 1000 PX
Korg M3R, which is an M1 in rack form
Alesis 12 channel mixer
Yamaha TX81z
EMU Proteus
MX-8 midi routing box
Furman power conditioner

And the companion rack.

Behringer stereo compressor
Digitech vocalist
Korg Volca drum machine and a Zoom drum machine
Roland JU-06a module that is roughly based on the Juno 60 and 106.

A lot of Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, eBay and Reverb shopping here.

But man, Tony has a 50+ year old Telecaster...

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

NICE! What brand? The picture cuts off just at the top of the headstock.

The supply of goods and services is becoming a serious issue here in Miami, especially medical supplies.

It's everywhere and for everything. There have been some foods I haven't been able to buy here in a year and a half, guitar store walls are looking a bit empty constantly, and I had to special order a motherboard and CPU for my new computer because nothing is available - video cards especially are in short supply.

Originally Posted By: Teunis
Then last Wednesday night came the stopper I had a heart attack so no gig this month. Just as the restrictions eased again I'm out of commission.

Hope you're doing alright now Tony!

Originally Posted By: Teunis
Often they can seem expensive but if one works out the hours of joy then at an hourly rate it soon works out pretty good. If you spend a $1000 on a new guitar then spend 100 hours over the next few weeks playing, adjusting and admiring your new instrument it works out cheap (only $10 per hour) in terms of entertainment.

That is exactly what I used to tell customers when I worked at the guitar shop! It's also what I say to justify the amount of time I spend in a video game - if I spend 80 bucks on a game but spend 200 hours playing it then it only cost 40 cents an hour. Guitars and video games end up being less costly than going to a movie by far!

The same can be said for Band-in-a-Box of course. 129 bucks for the Pro version is a downright bargain when you can spend hundreds of hours making wonderful music with it, or even simply exploring the sounds.

Everyone should buy all the music stuff they want and can afford. Life is short.

Word. Music stuff is an investment in yourself - as long as you're not going hungry for gear, it's always worth it.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Yamaha TX81z

But man, Tony has a 50+ year old Telecaster...

Always loved that TX81Z, but dang it I love that Telecaster more...

---------------------------------------

Back on topic, I've got a "new" guitar as of last weekend. Just a cheapie with a playable neck (for now) that I intend to re-fret to get some microtonal notes in there. See attachment for the "before" pic...

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
gitr.jpg (1.12 MB, 3 downloads)

I work here
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Billy/eddie/all
ok ye geetar gods n geeks...got any opinions on the following geetar brands ?
good or not ? my wife likes the colours..lol

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Electric-Guitars_c_116.html
https://www.guitarfetish.com/Slick-Guitars_c_496.html
plus they sell lots of gtr parts etc etc.

best
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Savannah, more made-in-China stuff. $350. It sounds pretty harsh but OK and works for learning slide guitar.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment and I am not sure what the future will bring. I am not totally sure what country I will be living in. The pandemic has totally put a monkey wrench in how I planned to spend the rest of my life. Cancer has been another curveball but if it does not come back that will have been just a bump in the road.

National Reso-Phonic NRP Steel Tricone 2021 is a new one I would like but don't think it is a good idea for me to spend $4000 dollars.

What I really would like to have is a NATIONAL DUOLIAN RESONATOR STEEL BODY GUITAR 1930's. Marty, the music store owner in Miami Beach had one that I have played but at the time I did not want to own one. He sold it a few weeks back for a pretty large amount of money. If I was twenty years younger I would consider buying it for an investment.

Due to this large cut on my neck, I can only stand to play guitar for a few minutes at a time. It is getting better day by day but I am far from normal.
I am sort of expecting it will be the first of next year before I am more or less back to normal.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
It seems there are many really good low priced options. As I said about the Yamaha Pacifica 612 I bought a couple of weeks ago I’m blown away by the playability and the tones.

The hardware on this guitar puts it up there with guitars easily twice the price. SeymourDuncan HSS pickup layout with the humbucker being split coil (it can be used as a single coil or humbucker), Grover Locking Tuners, Wilkinson VS50 trem bridge, Tusq Nut and trees. Then the guitar and finish of the guitar itself. The Yamaha Pacifica range has been around for many years.

If I sound like I’m selling this thing well I’m letting all and sundry know that a really good guitar does not have to cost an arm and a leg.

My opinions Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Price or brand name is certainly not a guarantee of a good instrument. I have had at least 500 Fender Stratocasters in my hand over the years and only a few played really well.

I bought an acoustic guitar in a pawnshop for $35 dollars that played and sounded better than any high-dollar acoustic I have played. I gave the guitar to a well-known singer-songwriter friend of mine.

Large improvements in guitar making have been a function of high-quality computer numeric control machines being used in their manufacture. That is the reason cheap guitars play well nowadays. The main issue is if the wood stays put.

The only way I know to get a guitar that you will really like is to go play them until you find something that fits your hand. Then hope the wood does not move around more than can be easily adjusted.

It is common for people to go buy the make of guitar their guitar heroes play. I guess they hope that will be the key to their playing well...good luck with that.

The guitar manufacturers have to compete with one another so Yahama will always try to make the best they can within the budget.

I have had the good luck to be lifelong friends of the owner of one of the biggest vintage guitar shops in the country. That let me play hundreds of guitars both inexpensive and guitars that cost over $200,000 dollars.

At the end of the day, it is more about the player than the guitar, to begin with. We all spend way too much time talking about guitars than playing them...lol

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Ok if we are showing recent guitar purchases, I’m falling in love with my first guitar with a Bigsby. Bought used. The Bigsby suits me so much better than a strat type trem.
Gretsch Electromatic 5410t “Rat Rod”

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That is a really cool-looking guitar. I think I would like the Bigsby.

The first choice for me has been Kahler tremolo and second Floyd Rose.

I am not sure what you call that white stuff out the window but I am pretty sure I don't want any...lol

Cheers,

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I am not sure what you call that white stuff out the window but I am pretty sure I don't want any...lol

No panic. You won't get any where you are Billy, that's for sure! grin grin grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Billy/eddie/all
ok ye geetar gods n geeks...got any opinions on the following geetar brands ?
good or not ? my wife likes the colours..lol

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Electric-Guitars_c_116.html
https://www.guitarfetish.com/Slick-Guitars_c_496.html
plus they sell lots of gtr parts etc etc.

best
om

A couple of months ago I purchased a Xaviere P90 guitar. It can perfectly set up and sounds great. The neck fit my old arthritic hands perfectly. The frets were polished perfectly. It is the best $329 USD guitar that I have ever purchased; even better then the Harley Benton, YMMV. I am so happy with this guitar that I saved up and just purchased the coil splitting humbucker model. As soon as that comes in I will let you know about it.

IMG_0398.JPG (108.24 KB, 26 downloads)

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
That is a really cool-looking guitar. I think I would like the Bigsby.

It’s a completely different feel and allows for nuance that I’ve not been able to master with terms that move the bridge. I’m really digging it and wish I had tried one decades ago.

My strat sits in its case. It’s a Peavey strat copy that I modded with the grease bucket mod and added a toggle for the bridge pup on/off.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195