Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#680945 11/04/21 09:42 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've tended towards the dark side of rock here recently..... here's another tune fresh from the DAW.

It's rock and it's not supposed to make sense. (recently quoted by David Snyder) I'll go with that description. If however, you can make sense of it, well, join me for a few beers and we'll solve the problems of the world together.

So, here's the band.....and some details on the mix.

Drums are rock southern even 8
Bass is 1759 Electric Pop even
B3 is 689 Background pop

There's 3 vox tracks with low doubling split R/L and lead up the center.... mild verb and slap back on the lead.... and just a touch of fixing on the lead. Doubles are raw.

GUITARS: Me. What we have in there is one track heavy mostly whole note chords.... One track picked phased mildly cleaner that's about 30% opposite the heavy chords.... and then there's a pair of lead tracks spread varies on them depending what's going on.... tapping is close to center.

Pick Your Poison

Lyrics:

I don't care what you say or what you try to do
Are you simply acting paranoid or are they really after you?
Every day's a new day nothing ever seems to change
Do the voices in your head make you scream in pain?

Standing in the spotlight, you forgot the words to say
Realize this is real life and not some broadway play
White or black, left or right, the choice is up to you
Pick a side, make a stand you know what you have to do

Pick your poison, what do you have to lose?
Pick your poison, you're gonna have to choose
Everyone is pointing at you you're the one they blame
The red pill or the blue one you think it's just a game.
Don't you know the devil's in the details.... pick your poison

solo

You can run and hide or stand and fight. or crawl into a hole
Dealing from the bottom deck did the devil buy your soul
The truth is hard to come by when lies are all around
When will you realize you're standing on sinking ground

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Well done! I grew up on southern rock and this fits right in.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Guitarhacker
Impressive.
That's a really great song
And a cool voice
It's really fun
Well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Last edited by PROJECT M; 11/04/21 10:05 AM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Very good old fashioned Rock and Roll. The band provided the steady beat. You provided the outstanding guitar. Great hook line and used well throughout the song.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Herb

Nicely done, the guitars are well mixed and played and the song has a very good hook.

Excellent.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The panning of the leads is really interesting...made me listen closer.
The vocal is road base gravel - loved it.
Slow, heavy and cool.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent song, Herb!

Good write, great vocal, and smokin' guitar work, pretty much has it all I think, well done.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"It's rock and it's not supposed to make sense. (recently quoted by David Snyder)" Haha. I can dig that. Sure it makes sense, Herb. A couple more beers and we'll know the world has no problems. hehe Lyrics are perfect and you sing them so well. I like how you do the vocal doubles, and the raw tracks fit perfectly in the mix and for the song. Excellent choices on the guitars too. Fun song!!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Well done! I grew up on southern rock and this fits right in.

Mike, I did too... glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Hello Guitarhacker Impressive That's a really great song And a cool voice It's really fun Well done Many greetings Andi ;-)

Andi, thanks. I've listened to a few of your tunes.... cool stuff you have as well. Thanks

Quote:
Very good old fashioned Rock and Roll. The band provided the steady beat. You provided the outstanding guitar. Great hook line and used well throughout the song.

JPT nothing like a good solid hook to make a song.

Quote:
Nicely done, the guitars are well mixed and played and the song has a very good hook.

Peter, thanks.... and another mention of the hook.

Quote:
The panning of the leads is really interesting...made me listen closer. The vocal is road base gravel - loved it. Slow, heavy and cool.

Rayc... I usually like to keep some seriously hard panning on the things in the background to add space and width. But.... I had to pull a few things to the center in a few strategic places. THanks for listening so closely

Quote:
Excellent song, Herb! Good write, great vocal, and smokin' guitar work, pretty much has it all I think, well done.

Dave, much appreciated. I'm still working on getting a great guitar tone to the recording. Of course, I'm never satisfied in that respect.... Thanks

Quote:
"It's rock and it's not supposed to make sense. (recently quoted by David Snyder)" Haha. I can dig that. Sure it makes sense, Herb. A couple more beers and we'll know the world has no problems. hehe Lyrics are perfect and you sing them so well. I like how you do the vocal doubles, and the raw tracks fit perfectly in the mix and for the song. Excellent choices on the guitars too. Fun song!!

Babu, thanks for the listen. Beer can solve a bunch of problems..... it can also create a few. The vox doubles..... by not fixing the ones that are down in the weeds, it adds more to the quality of the sound. You're getting the off key stuff with out really having it pushed in your ears and it just adds a certain authenticity to the vocal. Thanks again.

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Whoa.......some tapp'n to!
Well done!

Moto

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Whoa, 'Guitarhacker'!!!

After listening to your song I felt that you had grabbed me by my shirt collar and shook me. The song has an urgent feel, as though you were shouting from a rooftop.

I heard some fancy gee-tar playing, too, especially in those sixteenth runs in a couple of places.

Compelling lyrics riding on the back of music with some attitude made for a fist-in-the-air performance. High-five!

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune Herb. Very cool vocal. Loved the drums in the mix. Guitars were excellent. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Whoa.......some tapp'n to! Well done!

Moto...Yeah... gotta keep those finger skills up to date. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Whoa, 'Guitarhacker'!!!

After listening to your song I felt that you had grabbed me by my shirt collar and shook me. The song has an urgent feel, as though you were shouting from a rooftop.

I heard some fancy gee-tar playing, too, especially in those sixteenth runs in a couple of places.

Compelling lyrics riding on the back of music with some attitude made for a fist-in-the-air performance. High-five!

Bluage It is an urgent message. I think the tapping is actually much closer to 64ths or something like that. I've never sat down to try to figure it out.... but there's a lot of notes crammed into a very short time frame.... too bad I don't get paid by the note. High five back at ya!

Quote:
Cool tune Herb. Very cool vocal. Loved the drums in the mix. Guitars were excellent. Well done

Scott C.... I think there's a slap back on the lead vox....and they are certainly doubled. The drums are basically real tracks with some EQ and that's about it. Much appreciated on the compliments. Thanks

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good ball bustin' rock. This would sound good performed in a bar or in a stadium or featured on a movie soundtrack.

Convincing vocal.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,671
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200