Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#681059 - 11/05/21 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell)
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Such A Heavenly Woman on Soundcloud
Such A Heavenly Woman on YouTube

A song about the best in a relationship. wink You know how you start playing some chords, and words start to come out of your scatting hums? “Such a heavenly woman” came out, and a bit of sarcasm was added, then voilà. I must be a helluva man.

Style is _TXBLZPN.STY (Texas Blues Rock w/ Piano)

RealTracks in song: 1263:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningSync Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1718:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
Loop in Song: Drums\RockTexasBlues^01-QKLsHt,QKCrRd
Loop in Song: Loops PAK 1\Jazz\Drums, Acoustic, JazzPopSnapsClapsB Sw 120.wav
RealDrums [in style:BluesRockEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

Blue Attitude's DAVE BELL lead guitar. Me bass and vocals

Such A Heavenly Woman

Intro: You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man.

Every time we have a fight I try to see the wrong we do.
I'm grateful for your guiding light that always points to why and who.

CH: You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man
who likes opposing attractions much like the yin and the yang.

Angel, if you ever die, I know I wanna be right there
to see if you would flit to fly or float off in the air somewhere. Cuz

CH: You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man
who likes exploring distractions such as sailing off in the sand.

BR: Why, every time that I suggest we could fly off into town,
I like to watch when you get dressed if your wings tuck in your gown.
Don't look down. SOLO

Ever since your silhouette came into my asile of view
I know that I will not forget your halo shining through. So it's true?

CH: If you're such a heavenly woman, well then I must be a helluva man
who likes supposing in fractions like there's still some yin in all yang.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#681083 - 11/05/21 08:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Marty,

FUN! FUN! FUN!

A Great! mix. This truly captures a the-band-had-the-BEST-time-doing-this feeling. Not an easy thing to pull off in this digital world of ours.

Love the title. Well written. More fun!

Excellent vocals. (your best, I think). AAAHHHH that BASS!!!! The Drums are really in-the-slot.

Dave's guitar work fits perfectly. The solo is interesting - the group of notes starting at 1:50...coooool. The fills are EXCEPTIONAL.

So Much Fun. Loved it.

fj

#681088 - 11/05/21 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Music that makes me smile, light and catchy feel-good pop song with witty lyrics. Excellent package: the band, Dave's soloing, nice bassline, great vocals and enjoyable background vocals. There's lots of yin in this yang.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#681090 - 11/05/21 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
PROJECT M Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
Hello Marty
The song is really great
BiaB really super exploited
Great vocals and good guitar solo
The video is impressively good
A song you like to listen to
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

#681137 - 11/05/21 11:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Big Fun!
Some creative lyrics, vocals well done and that guitar is bad [*****] as usual.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#681154 - 11/05/21 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Marty

That was a lot of fun. Nice video and a super catchy song.

Beautifully played and sung by you and Dave adds the icing to the cake.

Entertaining goodness.

Peter

#681155 - 11/05/21 01:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Illinois, USA
Marty...great song...stylistically one of my favorites...you're right about the lead guitar...and your vocals are so tight...love the sense of humor that you write with...You write and sing with a light-heart, the best place to come from...you're music is so good and great to listen to...O, by the way great "hook"...Dan

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.

#681169 - 11/05/21 02:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Best song you've ever done here, IMHO. Simple, but made for radio. Great package all the way around. Way to go!

#681171 - 11/05/21 02:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
You got that right, Marty. Mr. Bell's lead just iced it!
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --

#681230 - 11/06/21 12:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
ACE.
The bvox are impressive.
Dave rings the bell - as usual.
A top package and a really well written, punny lyric.

#681272 - 11/06/21 07:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Marty and Dave,

That was a helluva song, man!
And the same for the solo!

It is a very nice song, with lots of energy in it. Especially towards the end of the song. I liked that very much!

The mix itself is also very good (in my ears), so I think you have a winner with this song, a helluva winner!!

Hans
Ps: I wasn't able to get my compliments on Soundcloud, only a 'like' was possible. But a helluva LIKE!

Edited by Birchwood (11/06/21 07:54 AM)

#681297 - 11/06/21 10:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
Marty,

Everything you put out is always done so well! You are an excellent song writer and one of the best bassists around. That bottom end always does the job and sounds good! Great vocals and you can never go wrong with Dave on guitar...you both are pro's!!!

Thanks, Torrey

#681315 - 11/06/21 11:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Marty,

That’s a helluva hook! Great write, wonderful arrangement and production. Love the harmony on “Don’t look down”—very cool. Dave’s guitar solo slays—just perfect for the song. Excellent collaboration, gents. Great listen!

Stay safe, stay well, both of you.

Deej

#681418 - 11/07/21 05:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Nice (country) rocker. I went with the video (I like the videos you do).

Gold star lyrics:

"You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man"

That's a hook line that half of the writers in Nashville would give their left legs for.

Dave sounded outstanding. The band knew the tune well.

Good one.

#681455 - 11/07/21 12:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: jptjptjpt]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

nice song...cute vocal hooks.
really liked the arrange of the ending.
good lyrics.
i detect you had lots of fun in this one.
best
om

#681500 - 11/07/21 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool lyric Marty. Loved the backtrack. Super vocal. Loved how Dave weaved in at out around the vocal. His solo was outstanding. Just love your waling basslines. Lays such a cool groove to the song. Well done

#681501 - 11/07/21 06:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
Sounds like you had a lot of fun creating this enjoyable track. It fires on all cylinders, and smoothly at that. Very catchy chorus. Well done.

#681538 - 11/08/21 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: floyd jane]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Marty,

FUN! FUN! FUN!

A Great! mix. This truly captures a the-band-had-the-BEST-time-doing-this feeling. Not an easy thing to pull off in this digital world of ours.

Love the title. Well written. More fun!

Excellent vocals. (your best, I think). AAAHHHH that BASS!!!! The Drums are really in-the-slot.

Dave's guitar work fits perfectly. The solo is interesting - the group of notes starting at 1:50...coooool. The fills are EXCEPTIONAL.

So Much Fun. Loved it.

fj

Yes, FUN! Thanks, Floyd

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Music that makes me smile, light and catchy feel-good pop song with witty lyrics. Excellent package: the band, Dave's soloing, nice bassline, great vocals and enjoyable background vocals. There's lots of yin in this yang.

Janne

Haha. Thanks, Janne. Yes, Yin is dominant no matter how loud Yang tries to be. {Like what you said about the Zombie Superhero need. hehe]

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Marty
The song is really great
BiaB really super exploited
Great vocals and good guitar solo
The video is impressively good
A song you like to listen to
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Hi, Andi. Thanks for the listen and comments. I see there are a few of yours I didn't hear yet on the forum. Next stop.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Big Fun!
Some creative lyrics, vocals well done and that guitar is bad [*****] as usual.

moto

Thanks, Moto. Dave adds credibility to my songs. They would sound rather bland without him

#681802 - 11/10/21 06:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: PeterF]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty

That was a lot of fun. Nice video and a super catchy song.

Beautifully played and sung by you and Dave adds the icing to the cake.

Entertaining goodness.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I remember how I was blown away with how Dave handled the Bridge when he sent me the track. My favorite part of the song.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Marty...great song...stylistically one of my favorites...you're right about the lead guitar...and your vocals are so tight...love the sense of humor that you write with...You write and sing with a light-heart, the best place to come from...you're music is so good and great to listen to...O, by the way great "hook"...Dan

Wow, Dan!! Such kind words. Thanks so much. HUGELY encouraging. So glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Best song you've ever done here, IMHO. Simple, but made for radio. Great package all the way around. Way to go!

Thanks, TuneMonger. Your words are as inspirational as your music.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
You got that right, Marty. Mr. Bell's lead just iced it!

Right? Dave definitely brings this to a much higher level. Thanks for the listen and the comment, Ed.

#681807 - 11/10/21 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Such A Heavenly Woman (& a helluva lead guitar by Dave Bell) [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Miami, Florida
Planobilly Offline
Expert

Loc: Miami, Florida
Hey Marty, good stuff. Dave did some really good guitar playing. Fun song!

Billy

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36184 Members
64 Forums
74799 Topics
656926 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JuanGonzales, hhendric, mariusnoah, Khalid Ali, RIASAGE

36184 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 244