Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#682274 11/13/21 05:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It used to be in order to be considered good at something, you had to prove yourself.
A show-your-work thing.
These days, all you have to do is tell people over and over and over how good you are...that you are an expert.
The BS is piled so high no one can see over it.

The BAND (showing their work)
Style is _PWPOWER.STY (Praise&WorshipGuit&Piano[120RS])
RealTracks in style: 1523:Bass, Electric, PopPowerA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1535:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1529:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerBrightA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1526:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealDrums in style: PraiseWorshipPowerPush^1-a:Qck, b:PHt
RealTracks in song: 698:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1169:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120

SOMETHING TO PROVE

how many years since you climbed that hill
yet here you are, bragging still
we all know your story well
it gets a little deeper with every tell

spitting out someone else's words
rehashing something that you heard
repeated enough that you believe
you earned the right to wear it on your sleeve

big man, big talk
   never actually made that walk
   i paid my dues out on these streets
   i know a liar, i know a cheat
   god knows what you'll claim next
   it's anybody's bet
   if you've got something to prove
   you ain't proved it yet

ready with excuses for
why they never let you in that door.
guarded like some precious vault
sure as hell that ain't your fault

you tell us how things should be done
you know what's right you know what's wrong
but shown the truth you get offended
the life of a party you never attended

big man, big talk...

back in the day
a conquering hero, so you say
self-made, center stage
ah, weren't you all the rage

big man, big talk...

Comments encourged.
Expertise welcomed.
Have at it.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Brilliant. Hard-hitting, modern-sounding and biting (in the best way) lyrics. YES!!!

I was hoping for a fast-paced piece from you, because you are superb at ballads - and I hadn't heard a faster-paced song from you for a while (my fault, not yours!). This is wonderful and more. A joy to hear - thanks - and yes, you've proved yourself once more as one of the best singers and songwriters I am aware of. Bravo.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
After a song like that you really don't have Something To Prove...you already did. I mean, damn! I've heard those drums before, but the way you processed them, I've never heard THOSE drums before!

That was insanely powerful. Love it.

Quote:
how many years since you climbed that hill
yet here you are, bragging still

If this doesn't set the stage beyond the song in so few words...brilliance!

Quote:
the life of a party you never attended

shocked In a song full of zingers, this zung(?) the most for me. It put a HUGE smile on my face!

Great choice of hiring a session guitarist for the solo. Wait a minute...ya could of fooled me! Executed so well!

And about that bridge. Perfect change of feel for this song. It created and interesting new direction without sounding at all out of place. It's like the bridge I wanted to hear, but didn't know it until I heard it.

One other little note about the bridge. You really had a great song bridge that was thematically burning a bridge simultaneously. That's next level my friend!

MY WORRY-I hope this song isn't about me! eek smirk

In my first listen, it was already stuck in my head. This is a powerful example of excellently written, performed and produced song.

Amazed again, yet not surprised. The expectation is always there and exceeded.

Thanks for sharing this jaw dropping example!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Floyd
Wow !!! What is this for a good rock song ?
There you have to immediately turn up the volume full.
The song is just fun
Since you have hit the bull's eye with me (do you say that with you at all so ???)
Full score Floyd
Gladly more of it
Thanks a lot
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd...great in your face song...reminds me thematically of "Get Over It" by the Eagles for some reason...super vocal, harmonies and band...really enjoyed...Dan

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Amazing! The big vocal sound alone is worth the price of admission.

This should be on the PG Music sampler disc!

Great write, performance, mix, lyric and the overall production shines.

That's certainly how it's done.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wonderful recording. Excellent song. A Bruce type song and the band sounds like the E Street Band to boot. Outstanding vocal delivery. Nice work.

Great line:

"the life of a party you never attended"

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I haven't heard your voice stride like this before.
There's an excellent clarity and edge to the annoyed fj.
Good use of analogies.
The band keeps up the pace and the snare thumps the table to make the point.
Excellent writing, ace narrative, terrific arrangement and, a wonderful vocal performance.
A song that can be aimed, Woody Guthrie style, at many folk high n low.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
rayc #682409 11/13/21 01:48 PM
User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
fj.
like the simplicity of the song start, and then the build up.
as always v v nice vocs. like the subtle voc doubles.

i like that lyric bout 'big man big talk etc..'
EXCELLENT BGV's at 2m14 secs etc. very well done mate.
and then the way the lead comes in etc..nice.
classic nice ending.

best to you.
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That was a blast to listen to! laugh

Love the snark.

That pretty much covers it.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, yes, I see the moniker of "Expert" here above my avatar and cringe. Actually I think I could more easily prove that I'm not. As for Floyd Jane --haha. I remember someone once telling me that if you can't catch a producers attention in the first 15 seconds, you're time is up. It wouldn't take anyone more than 5 seconds to be totally taken away by your magic. Of course you're not talking about you in this song, and I totally agree with your sentiment.

Man, your vocal always shows why it deserves center stage. This is a wonderfully aggressive song that is perfect for the lyrics, and you belt it out with such a strong feeling. Your songs --this one included-- always have a cool story that is brought out so very well with the lyrics and music. Your songs are permanently installed on my phone and are my go-to travel tunes. Not sure what that proves, but it's not uncommon for someone next to me at a traffic light to smile and nod to the groove.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd,

I think it was about time to write these lyrics - and as everybody would have expected you wrote them extremely well. You're so right, man. And don't you think that this is a special American phenomenin...

Great uptempo rocker (was surprised to see they were P&W styles), as always remarkably well sung - you just hammered your anger and scorn all out. Superb.

Stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Brilliant. Hard-hitting, modern-sounding and biting (in the best way) lyrics. YES!!!

I was hoping for a fast-paced piece from you, because you are superb at ballads - and I hadn't heard a faster-paced song from you for a while (my fault, not yours!). This is wonderful and more. A joy to hear - thanks - and yes, you've proved yourself once more as one of the best singers and songwriters I am aware of. Bravo.

Appreciate that, James...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

Great song! Love the rock edge. Your vocal is awesome as always.

Big hard-hitting mix. Excellent!!!

Bob

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
These days, all you have to do is tell people over and over and over how good you are...that you are an expert.
The BS is piled so high no one can see over it.

I like that just as much as the lyrics........which I like A LOT!!!!

I love songs that just spit attitude!!!!!.......sometimes you just gotta let it out, and nobody can do that any better than you my friend!!!! I find it cathartic to hear you sing this!!!! Everything done perfectly!!!! You are D' MAN!!!!! Take care, Greg

User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
WOW Floyd Jane!
I believe you just became the country music version of Bruce Springsteen! Bruce Jane, Kinda has a nice ring to it??? Brilliant writing! Excellent use of the BIAB and playing. Honestly, I have to tell you, I think this is my favorite FJ song yet! I'd say that writer's block got busted. Kinda like Chuck Norris Karate chopping through a concrete block! Floyd Norris???

I can identify with all of the lyrics having spent 21 years in the Army. When you sang "you earned the right to wear it on your sleeve" I immediately thought of how many civilians used to brag that they would have been the toughest guy in the Rangers or Special Forces if they joined the Army. But they wouldn't let some drill sergeant tell them what to do...

Wow, You've really nailed this personality type!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool lyric Floyd. Loved the hard driving backtrack. Another super vocal. Production was perfect. Well done.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

Dang, you just nailed this one. I think this might be the best write from you I’ve seen—so focused on the message, so tight. And then you add the great production, and a killer vocal. This is a hit song . . . or should be, IMHO. How do you get the BIAB drums to pop like that? I just can’t ever get them to shine like that. Love the guitar solo, love the sweet harmonies. Outstanding in every way!!!

My very humble regards,

Deej

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Floyd,
Wow, great song and vocals!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Hmmm, the backstory inspiration behind this write could be entertaining as well I think... You've put it all together on this one, from the outstanding choice of instruments, the arrangement and top level production. A "little bit of" this song's antagonist really does go "a long way."

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195