Options
Index
#683384 - 11/17/21 04:44 AM [Beginners Forum] Activation headache. [Resolved]
Loc: Kent, UK
Torq2 Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,
I hope that someone can help me with this.
I upgraded to BIAB Ultra at the start of the year, and it has been fine since. Last week it told me to activate it, and that some features were blocked. I thought it strange, but went ahead and activated it. This did't work, and it said that the program can only be used on one machine. Well, it is only on one machine and always has been. I immediately thought that PG Music has been hacked and my number used elsewhere. I contacted support and they told me to delete all the ticket files and reinstall version 845, which I did. Now when I open BIAB it can't find the ticket file, obviously because I deleted it. They then said reinstall version 845, again I did this with no result. I even backdated to 844, and that didn't work either. They then said activate offline and send them the serial number, this didn't work, because it is still looking for the ticket file. It seems to me that nothing is going to happen until the ticket file is replaced. Initially, I went to the bin and restored the ticket file, but it no longer works. I feel like I'm getting nowhere with tech help. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Edited by Torq2 (11/17/21 04:45 AM)

#683387 - 11/17/21 05:28 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Activation headache. [Re: Torq2]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
I don’t know. I’ve never heard of this before.

What is puzzling is that you get 30 days to activate, but you report you ran for months before getting the message. I assume you ran BIAB at least once after the first 30 days, yes?

You might try Run as Administrator, a good idea anyway but I doubt it will help here. Also, could you post the exact error message? That might give us a clue.
BIAB 2022 Win Audiophile & Mac 21 UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & A5X monitors

#683398 - 11/17/21 06:06 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Activation headache. [Re: Torq2]
Chantelle - PG Music Online   content
PG Music Staff

Hi Torq2, please go to the C:\Users\Public\Ticket and send us a screenshot of what is in this folder. That way we can see if there is anything left that should be deleted, or if there was something that was accidentally deleted, but should not have been. It would be best to send it to us directly via the email thread you had already established for this issue because it involves your serial number and serials should not be shared over the public forums.

#683769 - 11/18/21 02:22 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Activation headache. [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
What is puzzling is that you get 30 days to activate, but you report you ran for months before getting the message. I assume you ran BIAB at least once after the first 30 days, yes?

What happens fairly often is that a Windows update will cause BIAB to think it's on a "new" computer. Updates sometimes change a UUID that Band-in-a-Box uses to identify a computer, which suddenly makes the verification fail. Not usually a problem - reactivating does the trick.

We've been working with Torq2 directly to solve this issue. In this particular case, reactivating didn't do the trick, nor did removing Ticket files or offline activation, so we've manually generated the activation files for him and provided instructions on where to put the files - hopefully that'll work! Torq2 is away for a bit, but when he returns we hope to get some good news.

#684893 - 11/23/21 11:33 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Activation headache. [Re: Torq2]
Torq2 Offline
Enthusiast

Hi All,

Sorry I didn't reply, but I had to go away for a few days.

As Simon say's, he sent me a bin file and I put it in the BB folder, and now it is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

#684955 - 11/23/21 05:52 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Activation headache. [Re: Torq2]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

You're very welcome Torq2, glad you're up and running again!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Ends This Weekend!

It's almost over!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows special ends on Saturday, January 15th!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm this Saturday!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

XPro Styles PAK 2 - Special Ends January 15th!

Our special is over at 11:59pm on January 15th!

We've added 100 new RealStyles more to our XPro Styles collection with the just-released XPro Styles PAK 2!

These fresh new RealStyles will work with the Band-in-a-Box® Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 2 expands your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

Our XPro Styles PAKs are ON SALE UNTIL January 15th! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 or 2 to your collection for only $29 each... that's 40% off our regular price of $49! Want them both? Order the XPro Styles PAKs 1 & 2 Bundle for just $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 2 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2022 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Extended to January 15th!

You didn't miss out on great deals.... we've extended our special to January 15th!!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video: Producer Secrets- Mixing Drum Stems with Band-in-a-Box® 2022

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2022 - Drum Stems! These are separate tracks from the different mics in the RealDrums recording. We've included RealDrums Stems Set 1 and RealDrums Stems Set 2 in our 2022 Bonus PAKs, which means if you've purchased your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 this month (December), you have access to this exciting new feature!

There's now a detailed video tutorial on mixing drum stems in Band-in-a-Box®, which includes tutorial files to follow along with: Producer Secrets - Mixing Drum Stems

Currently, drums stems are available for 50 RealDrums, but there are more to come!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during December, and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Band-in-a-Box® - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows (on sale until December 31st!) and receive a download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer.

Make it a musical Christmas!

Looking for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac? Version 2021 is available, and can also be downloaded right away when you receive your order confirmation if purchasing from us directly!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Feature: Install Manager – One-Click to Download and Install

Downloading your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 order is easy when you use our new Install Manager, added with Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

With the Install Manager you can download and install the entire package of your order with one click - it's so simple! See for yourself!

Install Manager - One-Click to Download and Install Topic (online manual)

Forum Stats
35500 Members
63 Forums
72845 Topics
635182 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Xtov, Dawred, Paul Nerger, ralph_lawrence, G Rankin

35499 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mark Hayes 243
MusicStudent 231